Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child (9255 Views)

The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? / Tlc Vs Destiny's Child / Destiny's Child, the Hip-Hop Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 6:30am On Mar 23, 2013
For those who doesnt know, Desperate Chicks is a HOT Nigerian girl group dat hit the music industry in 2008 with their HIT album TELL DEM. The album was a HIT and it made waves especially in the East. In 2010, the group which was made up of Ursula Ice, Stormrex & Barbie disbanded, which made the girls to do solo albums. In 2011, the girls came back together to do a HOT reunion single called FIRE BURN which made it to Ursula Ice's debut album --> ONE NITE. In the FIRE BURN song, Stormrex was on d 1st verse, Barbie was on d 2nd verse while Ursula Ice did d 3rd verse. Download FIRE BURN + RULE D WORLD (one of Ursula Ice's single but they named it as One Night -- it was a mistake sha, cos d name of d song is RULE D WORLD,its a HOT single too from talented Ursula Ice with amazing vocals) --->> http://www.zieplay.com/play.php?play=1671&artist=Ursula%20Ice Below are pictures of Ursula Ice & Stormrex, i couldnt find Barbie's picture.

Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by Ossaifamous(m): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
the name funny die grin grin
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 10:09am On Mar 25, 2013
Ossai famous: the name funny die grin grin
cheesy cheesy LOL... But their music is top notch. Very good vocals & delivery.
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by Eifeh(m): 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
that is my girls
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
Eifeh: that is my girls
Yes oo. Desperate Chicks are top-notch, dem dey represent wella.
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by Bawss1(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
Ossai famous: the name funny die grin grin

Its things like this that makes one wish there was a ministry of music in Nigeria.

Is one supposed to say that name with a straight face?

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2013
Bawss1:

Its things like this that makes one wish there was a ministry of music in Nigeria.

Is one supposed to say that name with a straight face?
I guess d name was a marketing strategy. But i also think d music industry has come of age to look past a Stage Name & check what content u've got. Thank God their music is good.
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by Bawss1(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2013
If that was a marketing strategy all it did was successfully put off people like me from listening to their music.

They will have to re-brand themselves if they want a wider appeal.

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by Ossaifamous(m): 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
Obi... who get dz CD wey u hold
Ada.... my brother named 1 group like DAT ehm desperate chicks
Obi ... ha no wonder u never marry... nonsense!!!!
grin

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 9:11am On Mar 28, 2013
Bawss1: If that was a marketing strategy all it did was successfully put off people like me from listening to their music.

They will have to re-brand themselves if they want a wider appeal.
You got it wrong bro, maybe u are not out to listen to good music. If u keep on looking at Artiste stage name before listening to their music, then i guess u dont really like good music. The industry has come to a stage now whereby people are all about good music not minding d artiste's name, language or whatever.... What about names like Lady Gaga, Dirty Money, PussyCat Dolls? They made it not withstanding their stage names. As for them getting a wider appeal, they were very popular in d East and South-South part of Nigeria in 2008/2009. They did countless sold out shows there. They also did some shows in the U.K. Their music was very popular on the net/youtube. Just dat they didnt conquer Lagos which i will blame on their P.R. So bro, leave d name and listen to d music... Mind u, i was shocked too when i came across their music in 2008 cos of d name, but i relaxed when i listened to their music... LOL.. Trust me its a marketing strategy.
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2013
Ossai famous: Obi... who get dz CD wey u hold
Ada.... my brother named 1 group like DAT ehm desperate chicks
Obi ... ha no wonder u never marry... nonsense!!!!
grin
Well its different strokes for different folks.... I ve past d stage of looking at Artiste's stage name before listening to their music. Good music is good music no matter what. Mind u, its dis same name dat got dem the buzz they had in d East and South South... Making their songs to be topping music charts in Eastern Radio stations... People will see d name and be like ''WTF'' but out of curiosity, they will listen to d songs & as they say, d rest will be history cos they ll become instant fans.. That was their manager's creativity (Dekumzy) and its working for them.. LOL..
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 9:30am On Mar 28, 2013
For those who didnt have d opportunity to buy their album in 2008 due to living outside Nigeria, dis is ur opportunity to download ''Desperate Chicks'' 2008 Smash-Hit album ''Tell Dem''. It has their hit singles like Tell Dem, Okpomekwe, Mu Na Gi, Dangerous, Owu, Dis Boy etc.... Download here --->> http://www.zieplay.com/play.php?play=309&artist=Desperate%20Chicks
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by Bawss1(m): 11:28am On Mar 28, 2013
@ Jiggaz

I'm sure you know the musician known as Niggar Raw, well apparently someone or something made him see reason why going with the niggar part was such a bad idea and he has since dropped it, he is known by Raw now. Sometimes the names people choose to identify themselves with can have an undesired effect regardless of how good their music is. Tell your girl group to rethink their stage name.
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2013
Bawss1: @ Jiggaz

I'm sure you know the musician known as Niggar Raw, well apparently someone or something made him see reason why going with the niggar part was such a bad idea and he has since dropped it, he is known by Raw now. Sometimes the names people choose to identify themselves with can have an undesired effect regardless of how good their music is. Tell your girl group to rethink their stage name.
LOL... I get ur point bro. They are not my girl group oo & i am not their manager cheesy cheesy ... I see ur point though.

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by joeyfire(m): 9:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
I've always liked desperate chicks. Their first single "okpom ekwe" was just hilarious. I really note with pride, the way Stormrex stepped up with some nice performances in her solo career. Kerenke, I like am, ukwu ft flavour are all pure gold
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 8:49am On Mar 29, 2013
joeyfire: I've always liked desperate chicks. Their first single "okpom ekwe" was just hilarious. I really note with pride, the way Stormrex stepped up with some nice performances in her solo career. Kerenke, I like am, ukwu ft flavour are all pure gold
Yeah bro, Okpomekwe is hilarious LOL... And Stormrex is really doin good. Lagos music stakeholders are now noticing her hustle. I think she's on her way to Stardom.
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by Nextlevel0007(m): 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
Stormrex...my favourite
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
Nextlevel0007: Stormrex...my favourite
Yes datz true.
Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
Best Sounds from the East !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
I remember them, I like their music, the name is just...

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child by jiggaz(m): 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
ibkaye: I remember them, I like their music, the names is just...
grin grin lol. Yeah i know wat u wanted to say....

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD Steve Crown Latest Song: All The Glory + Lyrics / Osadebe, High-life Music Maestro, Is Dead / Why Is 2face Not Nominated For Grammy Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.