Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). (15401 Views)

The Misinterpretation Of The Palm Sunday / ***happy Palm Sunday*** / Palm Sunday Was Kegyte World Gyration By AB Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by ITbomb(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
You mean all these people are christians and we referred to as one of the most corrupt nation on earth

1 Like

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by valinda(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
a garantee to heaven?///??/////? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nothing like holiday celebration for Nija . . . cool
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by BabyLi: 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
Beautiful
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by xGun: 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
God Bless Offa!
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by xGun: 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
Owutu1: I was at idi ogun dat day u nid to see madness they were doing and your stupid jesus is in hell christianity a way to eternal hell
Na dat Ogun go kil you
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by deebsman1(m): 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
;DWen did muftau turns to moses? Anyhow, christians and muslims should co-habitate peacefully "lakum dinu kum waleeyah deen" (practice your own religion principles, let me practice mine) if 9jerians and people worldwide can follow that verse of d quran, there wouldn't be any problem any longer.........gud to c some nice sights of home town once more.
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
Triumphant entrance into Olofa palace by the Cele Protestants...
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by IleIfe2(m): 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ok, are we telling boko-haram where next to target?

BTW, thought Offa was a muslim town?
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
deebsman1: ;DWen did muftau turns to moses? Anyhow, christians and muslims should co-habitate peacefully "lakum dinu kum waleeyah deen" (practice your own religion principles, let me practice mine) if 9jerians and people worldwide can follow that verse of d quran, there wouldn't be any problem any longer.........gud to c some nice sights of home town once more.
I have never seen where they wrote moses as his name..his name is muftau ..
That being the case,it is nice seeing offa in pix though
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
The Procession was an oppurtunity to Preach the Gospel and to celebrate Christ.

The Oba palace was visited to show our respect for rulers and to promote peace amoung all.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

1 Like

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Justice42003: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dis surely looks like d naija i know in d early 80's, so sweet n coool......
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Kuklux1980: 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
thank God am a Catholic, and the Bible readings of that day intresting as well
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Greatpooss(m): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
Palm Sunday Procession has always been a memorable event in Offa. This reminds me of when was a little boy, I used to be partaker of the procession in Offa.
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Greatpooss(m): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
Palm Sunday Procession has always been a memorable event in Offa. This reminds me of when I was a little boy, I used to be partaker of the procession in Offa.
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by phemmyutd(m): 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
surugede:

i am confused, why should the celebration of Christ's triumphant entry end in the home of a village chief. couldn't the chief have joined in celebrating Christ The king right from the church.

sincerely, i am confused here.

thought as much
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Peacefullife: 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
dem no get work. yeye!
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by obi123: 5:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
sammynaijaguy: grin ;Dsee that Girl looking at that old man with contempt

lol!!!!! as in eh
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by henryadex(m): 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
CHRISTIAN BE CAREFUL THE DEVIL IS WINING MORE SOULS FOR HIS COMING
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by bcomputer101: 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
See as dem dey run up and down...
Are dey campaigning?

The whole picture look as if they are APC members doing awareness...
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by bcomputer101: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
The whole picture look as if they are APC members doing awareness...
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Jarus(m): 6:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Indigenes- About 80% Muslims
Residents - Roughly 70% Muslims

I be core Offa boy. I spent the first 18 years of my life there.
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by HonKontigi: 6:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
surugede:

i am confused, why should the celebration of Christ's triumphant entry end in the home of a village chief. couldn't the chief have joined in celebrating Christ The king right from the church.

The people are just having a good time. Is that what is confusing you?
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by EmmyDe25(m): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dats ma home town... Home of sweet potatoes. Ama kip kip reppin ya. #Is dat Jesu wa n bi man stil alive?
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Chartey(m): 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Awww! My sweeeeeeeet Offa! Lemme write my MB dis August first. I go come spoil der. Olalomi baba mi ni o tun mi bi!
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by kubelan(m): 7:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
WAAOOOOO..... Some say Idolatry, some say is for the love of Christ, some say its just a show, you all can remember were we are coming from as christian's remember those days our parents will make us fast in length, they'll take us to every church service, that no doubt has increased our faith even as we grow in the lord, The Gospel is in the heart my friends. am glad for Offa cos i am (Omo Olofa majo, Omo abitijoko.....) can someone finish it for me please. Good Job[size=8pt][/size] smiley smiley smiley
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by beylinko(m): 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
EmmyDe25: Dats ma home town... Home of sweet potatoes. Ama kip kip reppin ya. #Is dat Jesu wa n bi man stil alive?

sup man! Hw ws ya trip
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by correctkid: 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
surugede:

point of correction. Not a village chief but a king and first class king.
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by shuddyy: 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Yes offa is a predominantly muslim community though with a significant indigenous christian population and we live peacefully devoid of bitterness. I am from the town and from a christian mum though am a muslim.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / 2015 Prophetic Prayers, Declarations And Confessions / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.