Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,823 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test (11262 Views)

Pre Employment Medical Test / Pre Employment Medical Test / Job Scam:the Vio-dvla Medical Test Payment Is A Hoax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 25, 2013
Hello house, I will kindly appreciate every1's response. I have a friend who has jus been invited for medicals burr the issue is he has a S.C genotype which is sickle cell in nature though he is not the sick sick type. His sickness is a slight malaria once in a bluemoon. He has been restless since he got the invite for the medicals as he feels genotype might be taken into consideration. Pls does one genotype affects medical resultz?
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by SimplYeahmee(m): 8:29am On Mar 25, 2013
His being a Sickly patient shouldn't be a criteria for being rejected as a potential employee. Except if the work he is going to undertake is streneous in nature.
If otherwise, and he's is rejected based on that, he shud sue the coy.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by steffans(m): 9:04am On Mar 25, 2013
OP are u sure u r nt d One
Well it depends on d Coy.. Or Bank!
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by realbomax: 9:13am On Mar 25, 2013
SimplYeahmee: His being a Sickly patient shouldn't be a criteria for being rejected as a potential employee. Except if the work he is going to undertake is streneous in nature.
If otherwise, and he's is rejected based on that, he shud sue the coy.
guy,u cant sue any coy in naija because of dat. Dey wont tell u d reason dey cant go ahead to recruit u

2 Likes

Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 25, 2013
steffans: OP are u sure u r nt d One
Well it depends on d Coy.. Or Bank!
Not @ all..still pursuing my masterz degree in school and am not even ready 2 search 4 jod. It's jus a friend in need.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Gboliwe: 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
You have not even gone for the medicals and you are this worried.
Do you know your blood pressure may increase and cost you that job?

7 Likes

Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by bimbcy(m): 11:29am On Apr 30, 2013
HIV na nko?
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by juliet406(f): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2013
Just wanna know!!if one fails the medical test,will the person be contacted that he failed or not?or will they not contact the person again?(I mean the person will not hear from them again?)
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
depends on the kind of job your friend would be doing in the bank....sales/marketing or any job that involves moving round a lot to meet target is a big NO. They would likely look for an opening in a less stressful department for your friend.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
Why should it?
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
For a bank Job, yes it might. Am so sorry about that.

If it were other jobs which is considered less stressful, like Media or Branding. It might now.

However it also depends on the dept in d bank.. But the chances are low
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Abali1(m): 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
The answer is yes. Yours truely was not offered appointment in two banks albeit being successful at the aptitude level and doing well at the interview level.
But when it came to the issue of "do you have any health challenges?" the recruitment process will forcefully come to an end. The interviewers or human resource personnels will definitely deny it when you ask them. But the truth as someone one of the human resource persons later confided in me, is the Banks are not looking for someone who will often be absent from his/her desk on account of ill health.
Op, your friend not working in the bank is not the end of the world. There are so many other jobs and businesses he can venture into. The first thing he should do is to BELIEVE IN HIMSELF.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
I see no reason why banks should conduct a medical test in the first place......

When did banking work turn to military exercise?

If banks do it for absenteeism, then employing women under 40 ( women of child bearing age) should also be stopped, abi, bearing in mind that they will go for maternity leave.

With regards to sales and marketing, it is what you have in your brain that makes you a good salesman/woman.

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Abali1(m): 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
juliet406: Just wanna know!!if one fails the medical test,will the person be contacted that he failed or not?or will they not contact the person again?(I mean the person will not hear from them again?)

You will likely not hear from them again.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by DICKtator: 2:19pm On Apr 30, 2013
YES. Even though they would not explicitly state it,it is one of the factors that affects chances of grabbing that job
grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by tabontabon: 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
I know a lady who is a sickler but works with a leading bank in nigeria.it all depends,ur friend should relax and keep calm
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Abali1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
obo_man: I see no reason why banks should conduct a medical test in the first place......

When did banking work turn to military exercise?

If banks do it for absenteeism, then employing women under 40 ( women of child bearing age) should also be stopped, abi, bearing in mind that they will go for maternity leave.

With regards to sales and marketing, it is what you have in your brain that makes you a good salesman/woman.

Haven't you noticed that married women are not really recruited in the banking industry. And some banks even go as far as telling the single ladies that are newly employed that they have to work for a minimum of 2 or 3 years before getting married and if they are newly wedded that they should not get prgnant right away.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Abali1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
tabontabon: I know a lady who is a sickler but works with a leading bank in nigeria.it all depends,ur friend should relax and keep calm
She is an exception and not the norm. Or she may have told a lie or she has strong connections

1 Like

Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by pappythinko(m): 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2013
The rationale behind the conduct of medical tests for prospective employees in any organisation speaks volume of how healthy they want such persons to be.. Health issues are hardly taken for granted in many standard organisations ds days. Let your friend (if true) give it a try n stop feeling low cuz of his state of health. you never can tell. my two cedis.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by FDenigma: 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
Your genotype should not be any employer's business until you have been duly employed.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Abali1(m): 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
pappythinko: The rationale behind the conduct of medical tests for prospective employees in any organisation speaks volume of how healthy they want such persons to be.. Health issues are hardly taken for granted in many standard organisations ds days. Let your friend (if true) give it a try n stop feeling low cuz of his state of health. you never can tell. my two cedis.

I also think his frieend should give it a try and also believee that in himself. If the question of health comes up, he should keep mute or ask that a medical examination be conducted. I doubt if they will specifically do a genotype test. (with benefit of hindsight I believe that was my mistake.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
abbeynoni: Hello house, I will kindly appreciate every1's response. I have a friend who has jus been invited for medicals burr the issue is he has a S.C genotype which is sickle cell in nature though he is not the sick sick type. His sickness is a slight malaria once in a bluemoon. He has been restless since he got the invite for the medicals as he feels genotype might be taken into consideration. Pls does one genotype affects medical resultz?
if he's convinced in his heart that he will fail, he will surely fail.

He should get rid of such negativity. I was once rejected on a trip to visit the usa but my sponsor begged my dad to sign some papers and I could go since I was the best kid representing Nigeria in the group. Only my genotype gave me off. My physiology and vitals were perfect.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by pappythinko(m): 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
For the fact that your friend is talking of medical test in the process of getting a job depicts that (s)he is getting xo close to securing that job (safe for his or her health issues).. Come ask me na, an able bodied man weda i dne get any chance of attending any medical test wt any organisation n not that i have not been applying or doing necessary follow up. completed my National service last october..Na just security jobs full everywer.Itx about now I believe that God's ways are trully unsearchable..
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Abali1(m): 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
blink182: if he's convinced in his heart that he will fail, he will surely fail.

He should get rid of such negativity. I was once rejected on a trip to visit the usa but my sponsor begged my dad to sign some papers and I could go since I was the best kid representing Nigeria in the group. Only my genotype gave me off. My physiology and vitals were perfect.
Blink my brother, you know that sometimes "positive thinking" alone does not get you your desire.
Be that as it may, he should Believe in Himself.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by Abali1(m): 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
pappythinko: For the fact that your friend is talking of medical test in the process of getting a job depicts that (s)he is getting xo close to securing that job (safe for his or her health issues).. Come ask me na, an able bodied man weda i dne get any chance of attending any medical test wt any organisation n not that i have not been applying or doing necessary follow up. completed my National service last october..Na just security jobs full everywer.Itx about now I believe that God's ways are trully unsearchable..

It is simply stating the obvious that we Warriors (SS people) are truely intelligent. Am yet to come across one of my kind who is not brilliant in his or her choosen field.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by maj007(m): 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
abbeynoni: Hello house, I will kindly appreciate every1's response. I have a friend who has jus been invited for medicals burr the issue is he has a S.C genotype which is sickle cell in nature though he is not the sick sick type. His sickness is a slight malaria once in a bluemoon. He has been restless since he got the invite for the medicals as he feels genotype might be taken into consideration. Pls does one genotype affects medical resultz?

It greatly depends on the nature of job and policy of the company concerned.

But in most cases, employers do play safe and not engaged people with such conditions. In truth, I have seen recruitment process halted for that very reason. Only that it won't be disclosed.

I wish the person all the best.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by lumzybo: 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2013
It shldnt, cos i know someone who works with former PHB.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by lolaluv1(f): 3:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
A friend of mine was dropped after medicals because of her genotype.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by pappythinko(m): 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2013
Abali1:

It is simply stating the obvious that we Warriors (SS people) are truely intelligent. Am yet to come across one of my kind who is not brilliant in his or her choosen field.
Thats why i said "God's ways are trully unsearchable".. Bn brainy or intelligent has nothing to do wt the size of the head, itx just embedded. I surmise the nous(if true) u claimed(cuz its nt yet proven) dt ur folks possess ix a kinda compensation from God. No offence meant bruh.
Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by pappythinko(m): 3:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
lola.luv:
A friend of mine was dropped after medicals because of her genotype.
Na wa o..... The fact that one would have to ponder over several yardsticks before getting a good job make it all the lore sickening.. Age, mEdicals, grade etc.. less attention given to personal abilities, capabilities n achievements. smh!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Person Genotype Be A Cause For Failing Bank Medical Test by highchief3(m): 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
Tell your friend to be open with the Dr that will write the final medical report, they might subject the person to some more test and even medications, most time the report given to the banks don't carry too much details it only tell them if the person is fit to work or not. So let him go for the test looking confident, let I said earlier he should be open. Goodluck

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancies @ Ibafo-mowe, Ogun State / Which Bank Has The Best Training School In Nigeria? / Job Vacancies In A 5-star Hotel In Uyo, Capital Of Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.