Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? (3094 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court / Ways To Make Ur Husband Happy & Think Of You Always (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by diamond002: 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
My heart is so heavy wit d way my sister -inlaw misbehaves in my home,I just got married last year,had a baby d same tym,my sister inlaw dubiously and stylishly moved all her belongings into our home not givin us space to enjoy our marriage.
She neva does anything to help arnd d house,she's so full of hersef and talks anyhow,she doesn't respect my marriage?becos she claims to senior my hubby and mysef,she doent ask for permission before cookin in my kitchen,she goes as far as preparing her own food wit my things and yet she keeps grudges in her heart.
My hubby can't defend his wife(me)nor his marriage simply becos she is the elder sister and dat worries me,I feel am not secure in dis marriage,pls I need an honest advice WAT SHOULD I DO?
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by Popowaa: 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
if your husband cannt say anything then take the matter into your own hands.Tell her how you feel and tell her to marry and leave you alone.To hell with elder sis.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by uyiekpenm(f): 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
Rose 002 welcome back with your super story

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by diamond002: 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
Popowaa: if your husband cannt say anything then take the matter into your own hands.Tell her how you feel and tell her to marry and leave you alone.To hell with elder sis.
Tanx
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by achinaboy(m): 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
Popowaa: if your husband cannt say anything then take the matter into your own hands.Tell her how you feel and tell her to marry and leave you alone.To hell with elder sis.
ur elder sis might have hurts u greatly,do you want to share?
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by achinaboy(m): 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
diamond002: My heart is so heavy wit d way my sister -inlaw misbehaves in my home,I just got married last year,had a baby d same tym,my sister inlaw dubiously and stylishly moved all her belongings into our home not givin us space to enjoy our marriage.
She neva does anything to help arnd d house,she's so full of hersef and talks anyhow,she doesn't respect my marriage?becos she claims to senior my hubby and mysef,she doent ask for permission before cookin in my kitchen,she goes as far as preparing her own food wit my things and yet she keeps grudges in her heart.
My hubby can't defend his wife(me)nor his marriage simply becos she is the elder sister and dat worries me,I feel am not secure in dis marriage,pls I need an honest advice WAT SHOULD I DO?
just take it easy my sis,this kind of situation usually happens in igbo families,u are not the only one,,the only solution here is to make out time and be a good friend with her,u will see that she is not all that bad,,remember she is not your competition,so don`t see her as one,because that will bring more screching and scraching,,take it easy u will never win
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by diamond002: 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
achina boy:
just take it easy my sis,this kind of situation usually happens in igbo families,u are not the only one,,the only solution here is to make out time and be a good friend with her,u will see that she is not all that bad,,remember she is not your competition,so don`t see her as one,because that will bring more screching and scraching,,take it easy u will never win

Tanz man av tried doing dat buh she still does tinz just to piss one off lyk not showin regard
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
Seriously I try to understand what it is with the obsession with kitchen and food I just hvent been able to.
Is it a cultural thing? My mother didn't have time or energy to monitor the over 30 people living in our home who had free acess to the kitchen.
Everyone ate and was always satisfied, when visitors come new food is cooked, so when women obesses about who enters their kitchen and how food is dished I don't get it.
What women should focus on in my oppinion is respect and courtesy, give it and take it not minor issues like food and titles.
I don't think its right to force anyone eat what they don't like and if I had a sister in law who took the stress of cooking off me I will be happy.
A friend living with me is on a diet, she buys her fruits and food and cooks seperately, sometimes I join her and eat, I can't imagine coming from work cooking for the family and also cooking special diet for my friend because I am the only one who must enter the kitchen
Madam, there is more to life than food and kitchen and small issues, leave the small stuff and stop creating unnecessary hate between your inlaw and you.
She is older than your husband and deserves respect, I also beg you not to go about gossiping about her being old and unmarried.
Please let her be, she doesn't insult or fight you, she is his sister you are his wife, please respect yourself, your husband and her, stop sweating the small stuff, what is food abeg?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by diamond002: 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
debrief08: Seriously I try to understand what it is with the obsession with kitchen and food I just hvent been able to.
Is it a cultural thing? My mother didn't have time or energy to monitor the over 30 people living in our home who had free acess to the kitchen.
Everyone ate and was always satisfied, when visitors come new food is cooked, so when women obesses about who enters their kitchen and how food is dished I don't get it.
What women should focus on in my oppinion is respect and courtesy, give it and take it not minor issues like food and titles.
I don't think its right to force anyone eat what they don't like and if I had a sister in law who took the stress of cooking off me I will be happy.
A friend living with me is on a diet, she buys her fruits and food and cooks seperately, sometimes I join her and eat, I can't imagine coming from work cooking for the family and also cooking special diet for my friend because I am the only one who must enter the kitchen
Madam, there is more to life than food and kitchen and small issues, leave the small stuff and stop creating unnecessary hate between your inlaw and you.
She is older than your husband and deserves respect, I also beg you not to go about gossiping about her being old and unmarried.
Please let her be, she doesn't insult or fight you, she is his sister you are his wife, please respect yourself, your husband and her, stop sweating the small stuff, what is food abeg?
My dear I unstand ur pt of view,buh u mi8 not undastand my predicament,its not forcing som1 to eat wat dey dnt lyk,or who enter ur kitchen its respectin ur marriage wat she will neva take she's doing it to anoda person.ok take for instance for days afta I had my C-section I just came bk frm d hospital dis lady came to meet mii and ask mii"Madam sey no food wey person go eat"?imagine dat?wat do u av to say abt dat?
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
My dear you seem to delight in sweating that small stuff.
Marriage is a lifetime, I advice you to relax on sweating the small issues, don't get to be known as a nag over food.
I haven't anyone who has died cos someonne entered their kicthen to cook, calm down it a long road
Ignore food matters and observe how happier you will be
All the issues you stated are about food.
Respect her as your older sister, you secretly look down on her because she is unmarried

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
Expecting your husbands elder sister to work for you at home is really rude.
I am sorry but it seems you were not raised to be tolerant and respect others.
So if you see her sweeping you won't take the broom from her hand? Abi you wouldn't mind sending her on errands
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by Winneygirl(f): 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
uyiekpenm: Rose 002 welcome back with your super story

Thanks 4 noticing o..
Dis her attention-seeking obsession with Elder Sister, Elder Uncle, Elder Aunty...

Very soon she will start a thread on Elder Mother living in her home.
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by dayokanu(m): 11:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by Mrsmansson(f): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
Is it right if your elder sister lives with you?
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by Ndipe(m): 1:54am On Mar 26, 2013
dayokanu: https://www.nairaland.com/1234593/husbands-elder-sister-living-us

https://www.nairaland.com/1234600/husbands-elder-uncle-living-us

Can you use another name or open another of these threads in Sports or Politics

Funny: You are a sleuth, Dayokanu
Re: Is It Right To Allow Ur Husband's Elder Sister(not Married)to Live Wit U? by toofine765: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
Let that poor woman be, respect her as if she were your own mother. You want to ride on her simply because she is not married? Do you think she won't rather be in her hubby's place if she had a choice? Try to be more loving and understanding. Stop looking for excuses to pick up quarrels.

(1) (Reply)

Wife Behaving Badly? / I Have Cut Ties With My Dad (right Or Wrong)? / I Feinted When I Saw This ... (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.