Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Wife Behaving Badly? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Behaving Badly? (3103 Views)

Wife Cooks Badly / Living With Extended Family - Advice Badly Needed! / Nigerian Father In Law Behaving Badly?: Lol - Men Pay Attention! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by bellong: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
Are you serious?...

Since you were locked out for going to where you wanted, why not also lock her out when she goes to where she wants.... What she sows, she reaps... Abi she is the breadwinner?
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
This kind couple nah special case ooooo ! !
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by megareal: 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
Is this really a family or are the two playing boyfriend/girlfriend?
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
bellong: Are you serious?...
Since you were locked out for going to where you wanted, why not also lock her out when she goes to where she wants.... What she sows, she reaps... Abi she is the breadwinner?

In the country it happened if the man locks the wife out and the wife calls the police the man will be asked to leave the house for the wife.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Maipride(f): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
shocked shocked shocked.... @OP, pls permit me to laugh.... grin grin grin
byvan: This kind couple nah special case ooooo ! !

Asin ehnnn... Special case dt needs to be addressed ASAP by the husband.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
what is the name of this movie?
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mai pride: shocked shocked shocked.... @OP, pls permit me to laugh.... grin grin grin

Asin ehnnn... Special case dt needs to be addressed ASAP by the husband.

Seriously, the kind of Marital issues one sees on NL is usually astonishing,one cannot help but wonder 'how' and 'why' they got married in the first place.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by MrsChima(f): 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
Febup: If the wife leaves the house anytime she likes and gets back anytime she feels like and the husband can not ask her where she is going as the wife will complain the husband is controlling her. But the first time the husband left the house without telling the wife where he was going he got locked out on his return. Is it the man's fault for not telling his wife where he was going?

How old are you?

Marriage isn't for children and an aptitude test need to be implemented during wedding ceremonies because it seems though the simps are marrying these days.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

How old are you?

Marriage isn't for children and an aptitude test need to be implemented during wedding ceremonies because it seems though the simps are marrying these days.

The marriage is over ten years old, the man has helped the wife to become independent and then this happened.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by bellong: 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
Febup:

In the country it happened if the man locks the wife out and the wife calls the police the man will be asked to leave the house for the wife.

The husband should also call the police for the wife to settle the matter...
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
bellong:
The husband should also call the police for the wife to settle the matter...

The man called the police when he got locked out and the police told the man to go and find somewhere else to stay, just to avoid anymore trouble in the house, now the man is considering relocating back to Naija.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by bellong: 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2013
Febup:

The man called the police when he got locked out and the police told the man to go and find somewhere else to stay, just to avoid anymore trouble in the house, now the man is considering relocating back to Naija.

Is the wife a Nigerian? They both need to sit down and find where they got it wrong to finding a lasting solution. There is a fundamental problem with the marriage now. Until they identify it, they will keep living like cat and mouse
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
bellong:
Is the wife a Nigerian?

1000% Naija
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by freakcin: 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
Why are posters bemused? Isn't this the norm in western world?

@ op, make that guy relocate or ready to bear more oooh! I can give u stories that would shock u, as I speak a senior colleague is presently bedridden and outta job as a result of over thinking, lost the wife to younger boys, female kids turned into harlots more or less, now dude is back in naija and bedridden after losing his whole family.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
freakcin: Why are posters bemused? Isn't this the norm in western world?

@ op, make that guy relocate or ready to bear more oooh! I can give u stories that would shock u, as I speak a senior colleague is presently bedridden and outta job as a result of over thinking, lost the wife to younger boys, female kids turned into harlots more or less, now dude is back in naija and bedridden after losing his whole family.

Ask yourself what put them into the position they are in. Didn't they reap what they sow?

3 Likes

Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by freakcin: 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Ask yourself what put them into the position they are in. Didn't they reap what they sow?

What did they sow? The person I'm talking about merely wanted a better life for his family, did I mention they were devout muslims b4 they left for US? Nor lemmie yarn too much for here jare!
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
freakcin:

What did they sow? The person I'm talking about merely wanted a better life for his family, did I mention they were devout muslims b4 they left for US? Nor lemmie yarn too much for here jare!

Don't get me wrong but each time I read of husbands locked out of their houses (in the West), I ask myself where they went wrong. I don't say it because I support women kicking out their husbands (unless their life is in danger). There are some wicked women for sure but I have also seen useless men not providing for their families, not having a house or apartment in their name ,being even comfortable with the fact that the woman bought all the furniture and the car. When the woman is finally fed up with them being good for nothing, they say she threw me out of "my house". Before people go on telling how hostile the West is to the male species (some are already going there), let's take the whole picture into consideration.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2013
freakcin: Why are posters bemused? Isn't this the norm in western world?

This is a man that is 1000% devoted to his wife, children and the home, but the wife just does not know what it means to have a good man, luckily the man has a good job and has found himself somewhere to live.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Kanwulia: 10:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
Lock out ke! I ain't gat the time for such LOCAL DRAMA-THEATRE!!!
That na MGBEKE old-school style o!

I SIMPLY MOVE TO ANOTHER HOUSE!

Or relocate to a nice hotel suite!!!

SIMPLE!!!! LEVELS PLEASE!!!! cool
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by soulglo: 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
Febup:

That's were you are wrong. He can call the police if she locks him out. Even if the police recommends that he goes somewhere else to spend the night so things do not escalate he does not have to. I would also suggest that he needs to document every time she locks him out. If he calls the cops a couple of times to say she locked him out because he stays out late she will already be seen as a trouble maker by the police. If things eventually escalate he can show proof that she has been dealing with this issue for a while. This is how many women lose their children. Playing games like these can hurt you in the long run. The law is not stupid. Ask your friend to be honest with you about why he is not calling the police. If she is locking him out because he is being violent then that's a different thing from locking him out because he came home late.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by akintun: 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
Naija men are learners. If a man in d western world wants to acquire a property 4 accommodation , he should do it in his own name. He should ignore d lower interest he would be given if he acquires d property in both his and his wife name. No police would tell a man who acquired a property singlehandely, to sleep outside.

1 Like

Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by soulglo: 12:59am On Sep 29, 2013
akintun: Naija men are learners. If a man in d western world wants to acquire a property 4 accommodation , he should do it in his own name. He should ignore d lower interest he would be given if he acquires d property in both his and his wife name. No police would tell a man who acquired a property singlehandely, to sleep outside.

Wrong again. It does not matter whose name the house is titled under. It is marital property if it was bought while they were married. The courts will split it in half. In some cases even if it was bought before the marriage it might still end up being split in half. It's not Nigeria where a man dies and the wife lives in fear of his family coming to get their home because it was in his name. People need to educate themselves on these things. Not just women. Men too.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by akintun: 1:40am On Sep 29, 2013
soul_glo:

Wrong again. It does not matter whose name the house is titled under. It is marital property if it was bought while they were married. The courts will split it in half. In some cases even if it was bought before the marriage it might still end up being split in half. It's not Nigeria where a man dies and the wife lives in fear of his family coming to get their home because it was in his name. People need to educate themselves on these things. Not just women. Men too.

I was not referring to divorce. I was referring to been thrown out or locked out of d house. D OP was saying dat d police would tell d man to find somewhere to sleep, but d truth is dat d police cannot tell a man dat fully owns his house to find somewhere else to sleep.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by soulglo: 2:35am On Sep 29, 2013
akintun:

I was not referring to divorce. I was referring to been thrown out or locked out of d house. D OP was saying dat d police would tell d man to find somewhere to sleep, but d truth is dat d police cannot tell a man dat fully owns his house to find somewhere else to sleep.

Even if he is the only one on the title. It does not matter. She will never be told to leave if he was being violent. Especially if there are children involved. If he was just coming home late as his friend says even if his name was not on the title and they are married all they can do is recommend that he goes somewhere until things are not so tense. They cannot forcefully remove you because you did not put your name on the title. She does not automatically own the house simply because it was financed in her name or titled to her alone. I am just saying so you know that it is of no benefit to you to have the name titled only to you. As long as you live in that home as a married couple it is treated very carefully by the police and considered the "marital residence". In fact if you are the one that seems to be the threat they will be carrying you out with your paperwork proving that you are the titled owner of the property. You would have to go to court to get back in there and you know most judges will side with the police
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 2:37am On Sep 29, 2013
What else new? undecided

Bros OP, these are my deductions to your predicament :

1.your wife's achieved her goals ( career ) and thinks you're not important anymore. Obodo oyinbo effect.

2. You've wronged her in the past and it's payback time for you. * clicks tongue*

3. She's seeing someone else.

Solution IMO :

1.See ( you alone) a shrink or a lawyer to relay your options to you. You want the marriage or not? You'll see if she'll smell the real coffee ( get back to her senses) when you bring attorney's name up, afterall both of you have 50/50 right to those kids as long as you don't have any criminal record history that'll deny you access to them.

2. Stop calling cops , they're always on women's side esp when children are involved.

2. Don't talk to anybody at home yet, they'll mess it up further for you.

Arrant nonsense... Lock my brother up and you'll see wen.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 29, 2013
jidegirl12: What else new? undecided

Bros OP, these are my deductions to your predicament :

1.your wife's achieved her goals ( career ) and thinks you're not important anymore. Obodo oyinbo effect.
Most likely it is number one.
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by RoyalRoy(m): 7:35am On Sep 29, 2013
Interesting Sh*t
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 29, 2013
soul_glo:

That's were you are wrong. He can call the police if she locks him out. Even if the police recommends that he goes somewhere else to spend the night so things do not escalate he does not have to. I would also suggest that he needs to document every time she locks him out. If he calls the cops a couple of times to say she locked him out because he stays out late she will already be seen as a trouble maker by the police. If things eventually escalate he can show proof that she has been dealing with this issue for a while. This is how many women lose their children. Playing games like these can hurt you in the long run. The law is not stupid. Ask your friend to be honest with you about why he is not calling the police. If she is locking him out because he is being violent then that's a different thing from locking him out because he came home late.

You're smart. Thumbs up!
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 29, 2013
soul_glo:

This is not true!
Re: Wife Behaving Badly? by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 29, 2013
Febup:
Most likely it is number one.

Are you sure?

Are you a night crawler , well ..not that there's anything wrong with that as long as you are not disrupting their ( wife&kids) beauty sleep esp on school nights.

But this boggles mind, don't you have your own spare keys ? Even if she owns the house 100% you are still entitled to own your keys.

Aghh.. this is emotional abuse... locking you out of your home, worst case scenario you sleep in the basement or living room.

This western palava na waya oh. They just grow wings like no tomorrow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Cut Ties With My Dad (right Or Wrong)? / Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? / I Need Som1 In Abuja Who Can Take Care Of My Pregnancy And Adopt The Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.