Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:57 PM

HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. (892 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? / Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. by olempe(m): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hello gurus,

My hp630 started giving me headache last night.

When it loads to the desktop area, like after a minute, It's saying Avast software is corrupt and unreadable and advised that I "run chkdsk utility." It shows this in a blue screen and then shut down automatically.

Pls what does this mean and what can I do?
Re: HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. by Nobody: 3:21am On Mar 26, 2013
--Click Start button
--Type 'cmd' in the search box
--Rightclick on 'cmd.exe', select Run as Administrator
--Type chkdsk /r c:
--You should get a message "chhdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked next time the system restarts? (Y/N)"
--Type 'y'
--Restart
Re: HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. by miracle4(m): 3:34am On Mar 26, 2013
simply uninstall your avast software from safe-mood and do a system restore man
Re: HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. by olempe(m): 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
sting_224: --Click Start button
--Type chkdsk /r c:
--You should get a message "chhdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked next time the system restarts? (Y/N)"
--Type 'y'
--Restart

Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ boss, I will do that asap! I will then get back to you.
Re: HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. by olempe(m): 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
miracle4: simply uninstall your avast software from safe-mood and do a system restore man

Yes, I tried to do that, but before I finish the un-installation, the computer enter the blue screen chkdsk mode and shuts down.

Please ♓☺w do I entre safemode in order to do what you suggested? Forgive me, I'm a learner in things of this nature.

I deeply appreciate your contribution.
Re: HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. by olempe(m): 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
sting_224: --Click Start button
--Type chkdsk /r c:
--Type 'y'
--Restart

Boss, while trying to follow the process you gave me above, first, I didn't see "cmd.exe," I only saw "cmd". But I run as administrator anyway, but before I typed the "chkdsk /r c:" you gave me above, the system went to the blue screen again, in other words, I didn't have enough time to do the check disk command recomended. What do you advise?
Re: HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. by olempe(m): 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
I removed my battery now and after re inserting it, it went to repair mode, and after I did that, everything went back to normal. I want to thank y'all. Though I'd still need advise on ♓☺w to avert further occurrence.

Thank you!!!
Re: HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. by miracle4(m): 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
olempe:

Yes, I tried to do that, but before I finish the un-installation, the computer enter the blue screen chkdsk mode and shuts down.

Please ♓☺w do I entre safemode in order to do what you suggested? Forgive me, I'm a learner in things of this nature.

I deeply appreciate your contribution.
Simply restart your computer and hit f8 while the pc is about booting till the save mod screen comes up
Re: HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. by JUO(m): 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
JUST GO BUY ANOTHER HARD-DISK BECAUSE THAT ONE IS BAD. YOU HAVE INSTALLED PROGRAMS IN BAD SECTOR MAKING IT UNREADABLE.
SOLUTION: CUT OFF THE BAD PORTION (BAD SECTOR) AND MAKE USE OF THE REST. GOOD LUCK IF YOU CAN DO THAT
Re: HELP!! Chkdsk Utility Blue Screen.. by maximale: 8:39am On Apr 09, 2013
Disable all auto-start items . There's a step by step guide on how to disable auto-start items in this article ... Hope that helps

How to fix the Blackberry White Screen of Death (WSOD).

How to fix the Blackberry Black Screen of Death (BSOD)

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Motherboard Schematic / Help Please... / Help Me My System Is Slow When Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.