Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). (299190 Views)

Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (alscon) Vacancy / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by akym2005: 8:23am On Aug 07, 2013
@gloom u are wright 33/11 is disco not transco. transco is purely 330/132kv and 132/33kv so 33kv will now be the incoming feeder into the disco sub station
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by akym2005: 8:27am On Aug 07, 2013
@gloom u are wright 33/11 is disco not transco. transco is purely 330/132kv and 132/33kv so 33kv will now be the incoming feeder into the disco sub station. then on the issue of salary all the three section under phcn get the same salary.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Gloom: 8:29am On Aug 07, 2013
Transmission is always handled by government. That is how they can control the sector. In UK generation and distribution are handled by private companies while the 'National Grid' is run by the government. USA also have this kind of structure. TCN was not sold, Manitoba Hydro is just a concessionaire to manage TCN for some period and also train Nigerians that will take it over from them.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by charlesjes: 8:38am On Aug 07, 2013
@ogunwale01,tcn is not a private firm, a govt b manage by a Canada firm for just three years. d remaining 17(distribution n generation) re all private firms not govt. note, govt will not pay more not private firm. take for instance, sahara n govt paying d same salary. I know sahara bought one of the generation station n dey paid during d training process above 100k.so can c private pay more than govt ,even at the oil sector.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Jayboi(m): 8:53am On Aug 07, 2013
As long as u guys keep talkn abt 100k and abv, its gud news. My questn nw is 4 those presently undergoing training e.g walex and co, were u guys selected on merit or runs? cos i wana be sure dis delay isnt 4 an ulterior motive.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by akym2005: 10:26am On Aug 07, 2013
mind u gus on the issue of payment u should realise that tcn is parastatal and l believ that they earned more than the ministry therefore government we even pay more to the tcn staffs to ensure the hijack of those trained manpower by disco and genco investors. alsp tcn is not sold that is why fg are trying to upgrading its facilities so as to be able to wheel all generated power to the individual disco stations. therefore tcn is the backbone of electric power system from this analysis l even think that tcn will pay more than the other because of their important
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
akym2005: mind u gus on the issue of payment u should realise that tcn is parastatal and l believ that they earned more than the ministry therefore government we even pay more to the tcn staffs to ensure the hijack of those trained manpower by disco and genco investors. alsp tcn is not sold that is why fg are trying to upgrading its facilities so as to be able to wheel all generated power to the individual disco stations. therefore tcn is the backbone of electric power system from this analysis l even think that tcn will pay more than the other because of their important

. . . for your mind shaa.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by piro2009: 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
wat we need at the moment is information, let us for now leave issue of salary and discus on when we will get our appointment letter thanks
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by sweetestchy: 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pls wen re dey calling us oooh,is takeing long
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 3:15am On Aug 08, 2013
Thank u all 4 ur contributions. @jayboi, wallex n odas ar just students (trainnee) @ Naptin. U too can go dere 4 enrolement bt u go pay money o.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 8:08am On Aug 08, 2013
@Piro, there iڪ no course for alarm. If ♈ōϋ are on bbm and ♈ōϋ belong to our bbm forum, there has been a discussion since last 9t based on headmaster's interview on AIT last nite. Someone asked if it was runs. Pple never entered naptin tru runs. That was †ђξ first set. Its a training skul where ♈ōϋ pay τ̅☺ enter. I currently ♓ανε ♍Ɣ well paying job aπϑ went there τ̅☺ learn abt †ђξ power sector. Even though I fit port τ̅☺ mtn...sorry tcn *laughs*..., based on †ђξ future ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ industry. Let ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ warn that †ђξ next set ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ trainees there may ĉőṁ̭̥̈̅̄ε̲̣̣̣̥ in 2ru man-knw-man cos D̅is time, sureP will pay. aπϑ ♈ōϋ knw with that all minister, senators fit get candidate. Bt ♈ōϋ can try it. New set resumes in October. Google naptin site if ♈ōϋ wan apply

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by omooba25: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2013
@wallex1983.wot do u think might be d cause of this tcn recruitment still pending.do u have some privy info?thnks bro
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 9:25am On Aug 08, 2013
As much as I can't confirm †ђξ immediate cause, I strongly believe it stands τ̅☺ reason, based of †ђξ little observation I ♓ανε noticed IΩ̴̩̩̩̥ †ђξ system within †ђξ past 12months or thereabout. I will however not want τ̅☺ suggest †ђξ reasons here cos its not confirmed. But it maynot be unconnected with †ђξ issues of settlements of phcn staffs vis-a-vis funding also for training new intakes. I don't totally exclude "runs" factors, bt every new employee will go 2ru a structured training which dey refer τ̅☺ as "pupilage". It will involve field aπϑ classroom training. Classroom ♍aƔ take btw 2-3months.... I think what I will Ju̲̅s̲̅t say now iڪ: expect τ̅☺ resume within 2weeks of their next contact with us. aπϑ of cos, their recruitment plan (resumption) iڪ not earlier dan mid-september.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by DAZZLEME88(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2013
Ok
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by cyraxjay: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2013
Guys another agency under Power ministry is recruiting, NERC. Which one is better between NERC and TCN. Considering both profession and of course salary package.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2013
cyraxjay: Guys another agency under Power ministry is recruiting, NERC. Which one is better between NERC and TCN. Considering both profession and of course salary package.

Profession (for Engineers): TCN;
Salary package: NERC;
Higher chance of getting employed: TCN;
Higher chance of not calling for test/interview: NERC.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by crespo67: 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2013
Sometimes waiting can be sooo long,especially wen one isn't very busy at dat time...buh like some1 said on dis thread,Patience is d ability 2 keep d right attitude while waiting...I pray God grants all of us dat Patience needed nw...Especially me....
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
Solutions_Guy:

Profession (for Engineers): TCN;
Salary package: NERC;
Higher chance of getting employed: TCN;
Higher chance of not calling for test/interview: NERC.

This guy wee not kee mee ooo. LWKMD
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by crespo67: 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hey guyz...I wanna appreciate all doze dat av kept dis thread lively and goin....I wanna say dat we are so priviledged 2 be coming into d Power sector at such a crucial and revolutionary time...We are indeed favored..Let's leabe d talk on how much d job is gonna pay....personally...I dnt give a hoot if am gonna be paid 5k for my 1st year...d truth is dat we are rily priviledged because d Power sector is about 2 blow...in d end,we gonna be earning way more box than our colleagues in d oil and gas sector...for nw,our focus shud be on getting d training and becoming relevant and indispensible in dis sector..dere is a huge dearth of Power engineers in Nigeria...d skilled ones are old and retiring,and we are obviously d take ova generation...TCN is a beautiful place 2 start...becoming a Power engineer wiv a background in transmission means u had do well in all 3 teirs(gen,trans,dist) cos transmission is like d fada of dem all...4 doze dat wud not be offered d job,I wanna say dat dere aint any need 2 give up if u had a passion for Power engineering...try again,and pls go 2 NAPTIN...power is gonna become so crazy...goodluck guyz....
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2013
crespo67: Hey guyz...I wanna appreciate all doze dat av kept dis thread lively and goin....I wanna say dat we are so priviledged 2 be coming into d Power sector at such a crucial and revolutionary time...We are indeed favored..Let's leabe d talk on how much d job is gonna pay....personally...I dnt give a hoot if am gonna be paid 5k for my 1st year...d truth is dat we are rily priviledged because d Power sector is about 2 blow...in d end,we gonna be earning way more box than our colleagues in d oil and gas sector...for nw,our focus shud be on getting d training and becoming relevant and indispensible in dis sector..dere is a huge dearth of Power engineers in Nigeria...d skilled ones are old and retiring,and we are obviously d take ova generation...TCN is a beautiful place 2 start...becoming a Power engineer wiv a background in transmission means u had do well in all 3 teirs(gen,trans,dist) cos transmission is like d fada of dem all...4 doze dat wud not be offered d job,I wanna say dat dere aint any need 2 give up if u had a passion for Power engineering...try again,and pls go 2 NAPTIN...power is gonna become so crazy...goodluck guyz....

. . . let us not be too carried away guys.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by charlesjes: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2013
@wallax, govt av started paying off phcn staff since first of august, so don't tink is abt d settlement. let's keep our fingers crossed. there's hope.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 10, 2013
I'm resuming naptin 2013/2014 in october..paid 225k already..wallex how far wif ur training
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by piro2009: 9:57am On Aug 10, 2013
for the guy that paid for naptin, it is 2013/2014 section ( not 2nd batch) remember it is an institute, dey will soon start master program in electriacal, in colaboration with unilag, thank.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 10, 2013
piro2009: for the guy that paid for naptin, it is 2013/2014 section ( not 2nd batch) remember it is an institute, dey will soon start master program in electriacal, in colaboration with unilag, thank.

Thanks.Dats really cool oo..not bad..hope u r enjoying d program..
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Japkelly(m): 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
My brothers from south east did you receive any text this afternoon. From the consultant? Pls can someone confirm the txt .
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by X3n(m): 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
Some pple did the test and interview today in abuja, so I knowing weda u passed the interview is still later.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
Japkelly: My brothers from south east did you receive any text this afternoon. From the consultant? Pls can someone confirm the txt .

Yes, I got a txt...to send my details to a phone number, which I have done.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chukdc: 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
The result of the interview will be out by next week Tuesday,only successful ones will receive congratulatory text message.So be vigilante and watch out!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by X3n(m): 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
@japkelly, did u receive any text? If u did, what were d content?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chukdc: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
You can only know those who succeed in by calling your colleagues by Tuesday next week.Only successful ones will receive text message to congratulate them.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by anyaekekehinde(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
@chukdc, how did arrive at tuesday being the d-date, moreova i learnt bridgegap is sending confirmation text. Did you get, and who got on dis forum
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by charlesjes: 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
wat WS d context of text message?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (86) (Reply)

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.