Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? (11465 Views)

The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / How Often Do Your Wear Your Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by jeffizy(m): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2013
Mine is still fresh and it is still making me feel good. But i notice some people dont have their wedding ring on their finger after one or two years in a marriage.
Is wearing of the ring over-rated? I remove mine when i wanna sleep or get my hands in greasy stuffs.
What importance do you attach to your own wedding ring?

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by aadetoyin(f): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
I LOVE my wedding ring. As in there are times I just sit and stare at it. I have always loved rings so buying a ring that I really like for my wedding and engagement is IT. I wear it anytime I have to step out.
Although some men don't like wearing rings so its kinda understand able but for women its like a normal thing.
And by the grace of God, am gonna be rocking my ring for a LONG time except hubby decides to buy another one maybe in ten yrs time grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by jeffizy(m): 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
^^^ I like the passion madam. May you never see the ring and have regrets. Amen.

11 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by MMotimo: 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
I like jewellery, that's the main reason why I wear my wedding band.
A lot of people stop wearing after gaining weight post-wedding because the band becomes too tight
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by greatgod2012(f): 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
I think im going to be different here, wedding ring on or not, happiness in marriage is the koko.

Does putting on wedding ring guarantee faithfulness in marriage? No!.......... I have seen and known several married men/women with their wedding rings on, who are chronic infidels.

Does putting on wedding rings always signifies happiness in marriage? No!?.......i have seen so many married men/women who are always with their rings, but are not happy in their marriages.

Does putting on wedding rings rule out abuses in marriages?......No!.......i have seen married men with his wedding ring on who beats his spouse blue black, even with the rings on and i've seen a woman who asked her hubby..."abi nitori ring osi yii lo se nrope o ti niyawo?"(is it because of this useless ring that is making you think you have a wife).

I can go on and on, but personally, i think putting on wedding ring is a personal interest, it does not change the person who is wearing it, to me, its just an indication that one is married, so, im not addicted to it, if i forget to wear it when going somewhere, i dont think about it for once b4 i get home, my happiness and success in marriage is what is paramount to me.

As for my hubby, he hate rings, he only used it for just 6months, b4 he told me that, even that 6months, its because of the respect he has for me, he thought i would be annoyed if he didnt use it, but that does not make him an infidel, or an abuser, hes the type of man i can marry over and over and over again, hes better than a man who put on the wedding ring always and still do things that are morally and maritally unacceptable.
Meanwhile, not all who put on wedding rings are unfaithful or abusers, i just shared my own opinions about it, those who are upright or happy or succesful in their marriage are not so because they are either putting on their wedding rings on or not, its their personal decision, which rings do not play any part on.
May God help us all.

34 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by nairaman66(m): 3:56pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hmnn.. I am not suppose to be here! Since I am here, is there anyway I can get a ring from someone? wink

2 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 26, 2013
@greatgod2012, may God help us o
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
Biko clarify which ring you mean

The Engagement Ring
The Wedding Ring
or
The SUFFER-Ring grin grin grin
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
greatgod2012: I think im going to be different here, wedding ring on or not, happiness in marriage is the koko.

Does putting on wedding ring guarantee faithfulness in marriage? No!.......... I have seen and known several married men/women with their wedding rings on, who are chronic infidels.

Does putting on wedding rings always signifies happiness in marriage? No!?.......i have seen so many married men/women who are always with their rings, but are not happy in their marriages.

Does putting on wedding rings rule out abuses in marriages?......No!.......i have seen married men with his wedding ring on who beats his spouse blue black, even with the rings on and i've seen a woman who asked her hubby..."abi nitori ring osi yii lo se nrope o ti niyawo?"(is it because of this useless ring that is making you think you have a wife).

I can go on and on, but personally, i think putting on wedding ring is a personal interest, it does not change the person who is wearing it, to me, its just an indication that one is married, so, im not addicted to it, if i forget to wear it when going somewhere, i dont think about it for once b4 i get home, my happiness and success in marriage is what is paramount to me.

As for my hubby, he hate rings, he only used it for just 6months, b4 he told me that, even that 6months, its because of the respect he has for me, he thought i would be annoyed if he didnt use it, but that does not make him an infidel, or an abuser, hes the type of man i can marry over and over and over again, hes better than a man who put on the wedding ring always and still do things that are morally and maritally unacceptable.
Meanwhile, not all who put on wedding rings are unfaithful or abusers, i just shared my own opinions about it, those who are upright or happy or succesful in their marriage are not so because they are either putting on their wedding rings on or not, its their personal decision, which rings do not play any part on.
May God help us all.

Aunty, na simple question op ask º°˚.
C all d textbook wey u quote.. :º°˚
We already know all these things...
Let's just focus on the ring, and not the happiness.

29 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by xynerise: 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
If I mistakenly look at my wedding ring in my office, the flashback of our first date will come to my memory and I will always go home early that day. I dont joke with it. I have disappointed a lot of ladies with it on several occassions grin

4 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by tjskii(f): 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
I've always hated jewelry,to wear chain or wristwatch sef na war,with my weddin band though I no get choice,but I don't wear it on my ring finger,but on my 3rd finger(cos d ring isn't my size,despite reductions)
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
Na person wey neva chop go buy wedding ring

2 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by AngelEbi(f): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
cryI nt a great fan of Jewellery in general and rings in particular bt I'm seriously shopping for a ring for my wedding dat comes up in two months cos if I must wear a ring, it has to be one dat I greatly admire.

I'd wanted to just get any ring, get married wit it n forget it d next day until a woman came to my office and asked me if I was up to 20yrs (WTF!). So until I develop a 'matured face', I'll continue wearing my wedding ring
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
xynerise: If I mistakenly look at my wedding ring in my office, the flashback of our first date will come to my memory and I will always go home early that day. I dont joke with it. I have disappointed a lot of ladies with it on several occassions grin

*clears throat**

Oya, also tell us about the times u stylishly slipped it outta ur finger.. smiley smiley grin

Abi your wife dey follow u for nairaland?
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
Passionate enough to wear it everywhere . . . .Looks neat and cute.

2 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by kinsbestyahoo: 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
WELL ITS A SIGN OF DIFFERENTIATION & RESPECT BUT IT SHOULD BE MORE IN OUR HEARTS
jeffizy: Mine is still fresh and it is still making me feel good. But i notice some people dont have their wedding ring on their finger after one or two years in a marriage.
Is wearing of the ring over-rated? I remove mine when i wanna sleep or get my hands in greasy stuffs.
What importance do you attach to your own wedding ring?
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Adanyebe(m): 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
hmmmmmm... Just a minute let me check the ring PACK

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
elkol: Na person wey neva chop go buy wedding ring
grin grin
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by xynerise: 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
Imanuelle:

*clears throat**

Oya, also tell us about the times u stylishly slipped it outta ur finger.. smiley smiley grin

Abi your wife dey follow u for nairaland?
Oh! You mean when I was in the shower?
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Tunjman(m): 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
Not passionate about it but, CRAZY about my wife...I removed it barely a year after my wedding.

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Scarpon(m): 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
am not married yet maybe till when i am then
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Dyt(f): 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
Smiles and luks at it glittering
Tho am gonna change it soon

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
xynerise:
Oh! You mean when I was in the shower?

Okay º°˚! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Temismith(f): 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2013
To me, d ring is a kinda connection betwn me and husband! Anytime i look @ it, it reminds me dat, even though we are far apart, we still have somtin binding us together apart from love... I love and cherish it. I wear it cos its a jewelry on its own. And its always beautiful.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by ELgordo(m): 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
Damn# Am gonna be a player for Life! Whatever! No time for commitment
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
I never took it off intentionally,it always slips inside water while washing or cleaning.I barely remember am wearing it thogh(mising letter)except dvring antenatal when I keep my self bvzy staring at others fingers while waiting for my doctor.I won't claim I think of wedding or romance each time I stare at it,I jvst admire how it still glitters after these years.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by jeffizy(m): 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
tjskii: I've always hated jewelry,to wear chain or wristwatch sef na war,with my weddin band though I no get choice,but I don't wear it on my ring finger,but on my 3rd finger(cos d ring isn't my size,despite reductions)
kindly get one for the right finger ma'm.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by toluxa1(m): 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2013
you people claiming you still have it should post pictures, let us see now
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
Am glad my man is crazy abovt his wedding band becavse I won't know how to stomach that "I hate rings thvs can't wear it"tori.I don't see why I shovld be wearing mine,if the hvbby I wedded with can't wear his.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by BabaOyo(m): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
Jeffizy....I guess this marriage thing still dey shak you well well.
Okay ooo....no problem!!
@topic....there is no importance I attach to rings. A faithful man will be faithful with or without a ring & a promiscuous man will be wayward with or without a ring. Shikena!!!
Oko Iyawo tutun....Mo like e joor

2 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
ELgordo: Damn# Am gonna be a player for Life! Whatever! No time for commitment

Hey I'm not judging you grin whatever rocks your boat man!

@Topic, mine( engagement) is always loose so I only wear my band to work( I wear the ensemble for outings only) , I love my blings.

but my man wears his 24/7 kiss

btw I heard single girls are attracted to cute married men wearing wedding band, it's a sign of a responsible and caring man ** sighs** ( hey I'm just being 100 here don't crucify me oh)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Advise! Heavy Menstrual Period!!! / Couples Crying During Wedding... Why? / Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.