Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? (11463 Views)

The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / How Often Do Your Wear Your Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by AjanleKoko: 10:47am On Mar 27, 2013
naijababe:

Surprise surprise. My hubby lost his' within a week. I kept it after I found it and sometimes we both wear it as a pendant.

I stopped wearing mine when I put on weight. Always been meaning to amend it, but haven't gotten round to it. Planning to do a new set for our 10th. Then I can pick out something I really like wink
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by debosky(m): 11:02am On Mar 27, 2013
Not really passionate about it. For the first year I barely wore mine except on weekends because I would need to take it off regularly at work and I was scared stiff madam would cut my head off if I lost it. grin

I wear it more often now, but it goes off immediately I get home.

Personally if it was a wedding watch instead of wedding ring then I'd most definitely be more keen on wearing it. grin

I'm a bit dubious about the whole ring thing TBH. . . a foreign custom that I'm now 'compelled' to abide with? Maybe it's my rebellious nature but I just don't really enjoy doing something because everyone else thinks that's the way it should be.

I think I'm gonna suggest the wedding watch thing to madam at our next anniversary. grin
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Mcfemad(m): 11:27am On Mar 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Ojoro man, you removed yours, maybe if you put it back on, MIGHT stimulate madam as well . . . so try it and you will give thanks to Fhemmmy Motos

Oh Oga femi, I did it last night on getting home and it worked...where do we hold the thanksgiving service smiley smiley smiley

[quote author=bukatyne]

Na Fhemmy or Fhemmmy motors give advise?

Oya na, poster wears ring and stimulate madam
Madam do wella n over jollificate poster
He decideth to buy a car for madam @ Fhemmmy motors...

Abeg poster, take to FM's advice and start spotting ya ring!
[/quote. Oga femi's advice already taken, Na to buy better car from Fhemmy Motors remain now.. wink cheesy
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Ishilove: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
debosky: Not really passionate about it. For the first year I barely wore mine except on weekends because I would need to take it off regularly at work and I was scared stiff madam would cut my head off if I lost it. grin

I wear it more often now, but it goes off immediately I get home.

Personally if it was a wedding watch instead of wedding ring then I'd most definitely be more keen on wearing it. grin

I'm a bit dubious about the whole ring thing TBH. . . a foreign custom that I'm now 'compelled' to abide with? Maybe it's my rebellious nature but I just don't really enjoy doing something because everyone else thinks that's the way it should be.

I think I'm gonna suggest the wedding watch thing to madam at our next anniversary. grin
Ha, deboskkky!! I thought you always clamimed being a bachelor?? shocked undecided

Thank God, all the married men forming single on NL are being exposed. angry grin
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by biolabee(m): 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ishilove:
Thank God, all the married men forming single on NL are being exposed. angry grin

LMAO...cheesy
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by komek(m): 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
biolabee:

dude... she is free to write ona public forum and you are free to read or wakapass
I enjoyed her write up because really wearing ring is not a standard of marital upstanding

Some of my senior broses say the ring even attracts the chic flicks their way LOL

Ok sir.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by debosky(m): 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ishilove:
Ha, deboskkky!! I thought you always clamimed being a bachelor?? shocked undecided

See me see wahala oh. No be bachelor I go be before I marry? cheesy cheesy Maybe you are looking at my pre-marital posts. cheesy
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ishilove:

Na God save you, see as you for enter one chance . Lmao
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
Mcfemad:

Oh Oga femi, I did it last night on getting home and it worked...where do we hold the thanksgiving service smiley smiley smiley

Oh Oga femi, I did it last night on getting home and it worked...where do we hold the thanksgiving service

[quote author=bukatyne]

Na Fhemmy or Fhemmmy motors give advise?

Oya na, poster wears ring and stimulate madam
Madam do wella n over jollificate poster
He decideth to buy a car for madam @ Fhemmmy motors...

Abeg poster, take to FM's advice and start spotting ya ring!
[/quote. Oga femi's advice already taken, Na to buy better car from Fhemmy Motors remain now..

This are all great news oh . . .
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by AjanleKoko: 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
naijababe:

Na God save you, see as you for enter one chance . Lmao

Confirmed one chance, in fact grin
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ishilove:

Exposed kę? I've always known he's married.... besides Mclatunji who else makes sense in those 'aclaimed' single guys here?

Abeg leave Debo alone oh!

Who will not be attracted to an intelligent moniker like him , speaks and thinks like a REAL MAN!
Debo your wife is indeed a lucky girl.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
Diz fiful dem don make marriage don de hungry me. I nefa ready o!

But when I marry, I don't know. Because I hardly ever remember jewelry and accessories. Had to teach myself to remember to wear a watch. And I never wear rings ordinarily. Tried it once, lost interest.

But I know I wouldn't want missus feeling that I'm not proud of being married to her. So, if she turns out to be the type that lays stock by rings, I might start taking courses in remembering to wear my ring.

And thaz jez me!
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
jidegirl12:

Exposed kę? I've always known he's married.... besides Mclatunji who else makes sense in those 'aclaimed' single guys here?

Abeg leave Debo alone oh!

Who will not be attracted to an intelligent moniker like him , speaks and thinks like a REAL MAN!
Debo your wife is indeed a lucky girl.

Why are you giving Debo unnecessary garri head na?! Hin go begin think say na him be the real ish nau cheesy
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Freiburger(m): 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
I'll be honest with this, i've lost mine twice. Marriage is in the heart jare not on rings.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
naijababe:

Why are you giving Debo unnecessary garri head na?! Hin go begin think say na him be the real ish nau cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy Na him be the Real ish around here jare grin
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Mystery11(m): 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
greatgod2012: I think im going to be different here, wedding ring on or not, happiness in marriage is the koko.

Does putting on wedding ring guarantee faithfulness in marriage? No!.......... I have seen and known several married men/women with their wedding rings on, who are chronic infidels.

Does putting on wedding rings always signifies happiness in marriage? No!?.......i have seen so many married men/women who are always with their rings, but are not happy in their marriages.

Does putting on wedding rings rule out abuses in marriages?......No!.......i have seen married men with his wedding ring on who beats his spouse blue black, even with the rings on and i've seen a woman who asked her hubby..."abi nitori ring osi yii lo se nrope o ti niyawo?"(is it because of this useless ring that is making you think you have a wife).

I can go on and on, but personally, i think putting on wedding ring is a personal interest, it does not change the person who is wearing it, to me, its just an indication that one is married, so, im not addicted to it, if i forget to wear it when going somewhere, i dont think about it for once b4 i get home, my happiness and success in marriage is what is paramount to me.

As for my hubby, he hate rings, he only used it for just 6months, b4 he told me that, even that 6months, its because of the respect he has for me, he thought i would be annoyed if he didnt use it, but that does not make him an infidel, or an abuser, hes the type of man i can marry over and over and over again, hes better than a man who put on the wedding ring always and still do things that are morally and maritally unacceptable.
Meanwhile, not all who put on wedding rings are unfaithful or abusers, i just shared my own opinions about it, those who are upright or happy or succesful in their marriage are not so because they are either putting on their wedding rings on or not, its their personal decision, which rings do not play any part on.
May God help us all.

Lady,I think you are consoling yourself that your hubby is no longer wearing his ring.
Apart from deviating from the main topic which questions your level of understanding, you also prove that you are not very comfortable with your man not wearing his ring. Swear that you could not have loved it if he was wearing it.

For your information, I love my wife so much and you can never catch me even for a day not wearing my ring.I even kiss my ring if I want to feel my wife's presence when I am not with her. Incase you are forgetting because of your level of reasoning, I AM A MAN TOO LIKE YOUR HUBBY but I wear my ring altimes

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Ishilove: 10:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
debosky:

See me see wahala oh. No be bachelor I go be before I marry? cheesy cheesy Maybe you are looking at my pre-marital posts. cheesy

cheesy grin
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Beync(f): 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
Am still wearing it
I cant remember removing it before going to bed
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Oppypoppy: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
Na woman dey appreciate d ring pass. Instead to adore d man dem marry na d ring dem go dey love. I tire for gals o.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Kanwulia: 5:01am On Oct 17, 2013
How many have I lost? undecided
I have wedding rings in sets of replacements!
No feelings attached. THEY CAN BE REPLACED AFFORDABLY. . . .I love my man. . .not the ring o!
I ain't spending any fortune on any ring. . . .

They only cost me about $100 for 12 at a DUBAI outlet mall! kiss

No! My pweeeeeeety nails ain't fake. . .make una chop well abeg! cool

I dey wear my ring to work o! IT IS SEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXY!!!! cool

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by jeffizy(m): 11:49am On Oct 17, 2013

btw I heard single girls are attracted to cute married men wearing wedding band, it's a sign of a responsible and caring man ** sighs** ( hey I'm just being 100 here don't crucify me oh)
Hmm, no be small sumrin o!
I tot it would reduce the traffic, but opposite is the case!
You see dem skele with their small yansh doing hard time tryin to impress. Lol.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by BabaOyo(m): 4:30am On Oct 19, 2013
jeffizy:
Hmm, no be small sumrin o!
I tot it would reduce the traffic, but opposite is the case!
You see dem skele with their small yansh doing hard time tryin to impress. Lol.

You seem to be enjoying the attention from the "skeles and their small yansh"
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2013
Mcfemad:

Nice one
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Chrisbenogor: Biko clarify which ring you mean

The Engagement Ring
The Wedding Ring
or
The SUFFER-Ring grin grin grin

LOL U AINT SERIOUS
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by tpia1: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2014
I actually don't notice if people are wearing rings or not.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by jeffizy(m): 8:40am On Aug 19, 2014
tpia1: I actually don't notice if people are wearing rings or not.
Can I conclude you're still single and not thinking about marriage anytime soon?
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by tpia1: 8:42am On Aug 19, 2014
I can answer that if you first explain what your question has to do with my comment.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by ElFenomeno1: 8:43am On Aug 19, 2014
tpia1: I can answer that if you first explain what your question has to do with my comment.

You are here again old mama.... Why are you so twisted, spooky and lunkheaded?!
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by ElFenomeno1: 8:45am On Aug 19, 2014
tpia1: I actually don't notice if people are wearing rings or not.

I am not surprised......
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by ElFenomeno1: 8:46am On Aug 19, 2014
jeffizy:
Can I conclude you're still single and not thinking about marriage anytime soon?

Yes she is.... She is eternally single!
Marriage for Tpia ke? Who wants to marry a woman like that? I dont think you know Tpia.... Go and ask around
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by ElFenomeno1: 8:48am On Aug 19, 2014
jeffizy: Mine is still fresh and it is still making me feel good. But i notice some people dont have their wedding ring on their finger after one or two years in a marriage.
Is wearing of the ring over-rated? I remove mine when i wanna sleep or get my hands in greasy stuffs.
What importance do you attach to your own wedding ring?

I think it is overrated.... I wear mine and at times i dont.... It is simply not that serious with me and my better half is cool.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by tpia1: 8:54am On Aug 19, 2014
jeffizy:

Bro, if you are what is considered a hotcake around these parts then don't respond to my posts plz!

I don't have time for these ones such as the buffoon above who get their pantalooons in a warp whenever one of their ogas at the top go off script.

Please shift, thank you, I don't need or want unnecessary attention, I have enough of that already.

Stay in your upper lane- I dont know you and neither do I want to know you,.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Advise! Heavy Menstrual Period!!! / Couples Crying During Wedding... Why? / Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.