Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau (7659 Views)

Top Boko Haram Commander, 55 Others Killed In Malumfatori, Borno State / Elections: Lawmaker, 8 Others Killed By Insurgents In Gombe / Nigeria Police Redeploy Controversial AIG Mbu, 27 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by Ebestsmscom: 3:21am On Mar 27, 2013
Gunmen Kill Policeman, 27 Others In Plateau

JOS — A police corporal was among 28 persons killed, yesterday, when gunmen attacked two communities around Ganawuri in Riyom Local Government Area of Plateau State.

He was among the security personnel posted to the area to maintain peace following the outbreak of violence.

Eyewitnesses said the gunmen stormed Da Jak and Attakar communities setting their houses on fire and gunning them down as they tried to flee.

The state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr. Chris Olakpe, confirmed the killing of the corporal identified as Jubrin Sule, saying he was on a peace mission to the area.

He said no arrest had been made but investigations had commenced into the attack.

Also confirming the attack, a member representing Riyom Constituency in the Plateau State House of Assembly, Mr. Daniel Dem, said dozens were killed but could not give the exact number.

He lamented the continuous attack on his people without the security men on ground doing anything to protect them.

He reaffirmed his earlier call for a review of the security arrangement which he said was not yielding expected result.

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/gunmen-kill-policeman-27-others-in-plateau/
Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by maasoap(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2013
Why is it that we only hear these killings when Fulanis attack? Do they occasionally wake up without provocation or any reason, and say let's go and kill some people? I advise that all forms of injustice including media bias should stop in Plateau State so that peace can reign.

7 Likes

Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by AustineE1: 9:20am On Mar 27, 2013
When you live with a coursed people,demonic in every sense of it,whose only reason for existing on earth is to destroy,then this is what you get!They fulanis,just like their cows are so debased in nature,that the only language they hear is 'Ka kashe'ie just kill!what a people,how can a man from the south or middle belt co-habit with this dirty,stinking,wicked,savages called Fulanis!Nigeria may never work with this people around us,we insist on break-up!so that all this axis of evil, Niger,Chad,Mali,Northern Cameroun and Northern Nigeria,can become one indivisible country of Hausa-Fulanis.

3 Likes

Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by bunchyproject(m): 9:21am On Mar 27, 2013
sad
Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by Akshow: 9:23am On Mar 27, 2013
Afi ki jesu gba ko so ni naija
Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by pastie(m): 9:24am On Mar 27, 2013
Next angry angry angry
Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by skidos4u(m): 9:30am On Mar 27, 2013
if d villagers can not protct dem slf, mak dem de der d wait 4 govt security naa. na 2 day? e don tay.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by strangest(m): 9:37am On Mar 27, 2013
All these unnecessary killings for no reason... God bless the dead and touch the heart of the killers that they will repent before this month end or be killed themselves..
Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by madridguy(m): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2013
Well, I will say it's only a fool with no brain that will blame this on Boko haram/ Islam. Na today we they hear communal clash in Plateau and Kaduna State? They should called themselves in order and let peace rain.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by Zonacom(m): 9:55am On Mar 27, 2013
Eternal rest grant unto them oh lord, and let your perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls RIP.
The most anoying thing to me now is that recently, any news of mass death in this country no longer sound bizare to me, i'm begining to take them as normal occurences, and that makes me fear. Am i loosing my sense of human pity or what? I'm worried
Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by teejayreal(m): 10:04am On Mar 27, 2013
May God save us from all this disaster that we are experiencing day by day. Check ma signature to receive the dstv software.
Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by RealMccoy2(m): 10:09am On Mar 27, 2013
They will all vote Another Problem Coming (APC) in the next election as directed by allah and Tinubu. There are different ways to rig election, ,reducing the population of would-be christian voters is the most technical way.
Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by sage2(m): 10:57am On Mar 27, 2013
Is Attakar in Plateau or Kaduna state?
Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by hakanai(m): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2013
maasoap: Why is it that we only hear these killings when Fulanis attack? Do they occasionally wake up without provocation or any reason, and say let's go and kill some people? I advise that all forms of injustice including media bias should stop in Plateau State so that peace can reign.
That's the blind spot!!! have we ever had a report on the Fulani casualties or an attack on the Fulani? Have the Fulani ever being allowed to air there position on happenings around them and what triggers there response? I think all we hear is the one side story. Is it today or recently this violence suddenly became pronounced or its always being there? My take,is that the issues are plenty and they cut across states and affect a lot of people. No other reasons can be said but the years of neglect and mismanagement of our diversity and the exploitation of people for selfish political/religious gains on both sides.
At many meetings between the Fulani & Berom issues that cause the attacks are identified. Mostly is cattle rustling by certain locals or farm trespassing by certain nomads. Now people suddenly pick to violence than choose to see local chiefs as was done before or report to authorities for redress. In the north its being a long culture,that all tribes,Fulani inclusive report incidents to elders before even any anger builds in to retaliations.Are these elders amongst people using wisdom to resolve issues on both sides or they exploit the mayhem for economic-political gains and cheap publicity? Where is the wisdom to call the followers and have a strong voice on fair judgment? We are not honest to ourselves and our actions continue to make it even hard for peace to stay. I can tell you on both sides miscreants are having a field day looting at the expense of peoples life. At the same time pretend victims.
Sad I say, very sad!!!

1 Like

Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by hakanai(m): 11:08am On Mar 27, 2013
Austine.E:
When you live with a coursed people,demonic in every sense of it,whose only reason for existing on earth is to destroy,then this is what you get!They fulanis,just like their cows are so debased in nature,that the only language they hear is 'Ka kashe'ie just kill!what a people,how can a man from the south or middle belt co-habit with this dirty,stinking,wicked,savages called Fulanis!Nigeria may never work with this people around us,we insist on break-up!so that all this axis of evil, Niger,Chad,Mali,Northern Cameroun and Northern Nigeria,can become one indivisible country of Hausa-Fulanis.

from you utterance you sound a lot more racist and even hateful than they are. So what does that make you? Good,bad or evil?

1 Like

Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by LeJeun3: 11:32am On Mar 27, 2013
Shameful!!! cry cry cry cry
Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by chosen04(f): 11:45am On Mar 27, 2013
It seems they are reaping the fruits planted by GOWON for them.........

3 Likes

Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
Just like how ur pple r suffern because of Ojukwu, in Kano n other places abi?
chosen04: It seems they are reaping the fruits planted by GOWON for them.........

1 Like

Re: Policeman & 27 Others Killed In Plateau by sayusuf(m): 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
thats part of series of reprisal attack as a result of those riyom villagers killing two fulanis and their cows last week..if u want your current generation and generations unborn to live.leave fulani alone.if u dont knw, ask Hausa man.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Magaji Tinubu Is Not A Yoruba Name. Tinubu Mean Nothing In Yoruba / Threats From Buhari Supporters On Social Media In 2015 Election ( Pictures) / Picture of the army checking nigerian entering the country of western nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.