Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Is This As A Result Of Spoilt Motherboard - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is This As A Result Of Spoilt Motherboard (884 Views)

Hp Probook 4530s Motherboard Urgently Needed,see Pics / How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive / Sell Your Bad/spoilt Or Old Laptops For Cash, Not Less Than Pentium M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This As A Result Of Spoilt Motherboard by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 27, 2013
like two days ago water spilled on top of my mini netbook plus a television hit it from the top, when i saw the system, it was already on and just only a white screen was visible, i tried switching it off by holding the power button down but it didn't respond so i had to remove the battery. Lateron I took it behind our freezer for the fan to blow it, i tried switching it on again but it didn't show any sign of life. I later on took out all the parts including the motherboard and everytn outside for the sun to heat it a little, I assembled it bag again and with the battery, i switched it on but still no response, I removed the battery and ploughed it to the power source but no way and when i replaced the battery and ploughed it to power source, the charging light didn't show. What could be the problem? If it is motherboard problem, what is the cost of a new one? And is there someone who have a good laptop not necessarilly hp maybe sony vaio with at least 2g ram, duo 2 core not dual core and somtn budget friendly that I can buy for my programming exercise?

Dell inspiron mini 10 nickelodeon edition

Re: Is This As A Result Of Spoilt Motherboard by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 30, 2013
If the water that spilled on your netbook didn't kill it, then the static from putting it at the back of your freezer for fan to blow it or touching the internal parts with bare hands may have.
Re: Is This As A Result Of Spoilt Motherboard by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
sting_224: If the water that spilled on your netbook didn't kill it, then the static from putting it at the back of your freezer for fan to blow it or touching the internal parts with bare hands may have.
so the problem will be that the motherboard is dead and replacing it should solve the problem
Re: Is This As A Result Of Spoilt Motherboard by sentix(m): 8:33am On Mar 31, 2013
Next time you get water in any electronic gadget. Remove the battery and if possible disassemble it complete. Place all the components especially motherboard, rams, etc in a bag of rice! Leave for about 2 days if possible.

It should come back to life!

Happened to me was brushing my teeth, then i accidentally knocked over the cup of water all over the laptop! I immediately removed the battery and disassemble the whole thing and placed then in rice.

The laptop Still works!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Need Information On Grid Computing Pls / Lenovo G40-70 Core I3 | 4gb | 1tb | 14" | W8 T / Windows 10: 5 Things To Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.