Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,330 members, 7,846,462 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi (589 Views)

"Boko-Haram Is Diabolical And Should Be Flushed" Sheik Gumi!!!! / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims / Police: Break Any Law During The Sallah And Be Crushed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi by Noraokon: 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dr. Ahmad Gumi, fearless cleric and son of the late famous Sheik Abubakar Mahmoud Gumi, today kicked against amnesty for the Boko Haram sect as has been proposed by the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III and several prominent Nigerians, saying they ought to be crushed.

Gumi who once escaped being killed by some suspected terrorists, made the remarks in a sermon monitored in our New York office from his social media network.

In it, Gumi declared that were Prophet Mohammed himself to be alive today, he would personally have led the way in exterminating the sect.

“Every individual in this nation is concerned about the future,” he stressed. “Nigeria is catalytically deteriorating. Today the national discourse is on corruption and amnesty for terrorism.”

He noted that many people have missed the crux of the matter. “Corruption is incurable, it is only suppressed. That is by genuine ethics/faith illumination campaigns like the ethical revolution, War Against Indiscipline, Re-brand Nigeria etc. and …an effective system of accountability (i.e. checks and balances) or what can be summed up as good governance.”

Turning to the Boko Haram insurgency, he described it as hypocritical, pointing out that as an ideology, Boko Haram respects no law, the Quran or Hadith or Scholarly fatwa. “They have their own interpretation, anything short of that is part of the enemy that should be killed. So on what basis should there be dialogue or amnesty? It is a creed that must be crushed; it is a creed the prophet – alaihis Salam- wished he is alive to exterminate.”

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/sheik-gumi-kicks-against-amnesty-for-boko-haram-says-they-ought-to-be-crushed/
Re: Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi by asala1: 1:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
Indeed! They need to be crushed. The issue is that, they are hiding amongst you people and I guess you guys are having sympathy for them. FISH them out!
Re: Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
I salute ur courage sir , for daring to say d truth in a region where truth is measured by yes votes, and the yes votes influenced by bigotry.
Re: Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
I salute ur courage sir , for daring to say d truth in a region where truth is measured by yes votes, and the yes votes influenced by bigotry.
Nuhu Ribadu in a radio programme condemned pardon for Alams and asked for amnesty for boko haram!
Re: Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi by Boazizzy08: 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
if all Northern leaders can rise up and condemn the activities of this good for nothing elements like sheik Gunmi, it will go a long way in the war against terror...well i just feel it should be a wake up call on Northern leaders.
Re: Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi by 1800bc(f): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
And why is his outright condemnation coming at this time? hmmn...i suspect some change of mind/belief/perspective...reason for this radical change is still at large! grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi by Boazizzy08: 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
though his condemnation is long overdue, it has become a necessity for all and sundry in the Northern region if we must make headway in the fight against terror.
1800bc: And why is his outright condemnation coming at this time? hmmn...i suspect some change of mind/belief/perspective...reason for this radical change is still at large! grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi by Joeadamu86: 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2013
It is so apparent that the controversial Sheik seems to understand the problem better than most northern leaders who are busy making noise for Amnesty, i wish northern leaders can align their position to the statement made by the religious leader..
Re: Boko Haram Needs To Be Crushed - Sheik Gumi by yanni1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
Yes, we agree they should be crushed. Next topic pls.

(1) (Reply)

Breakin News, Magarate Thatcher Died @ 87 / #NEWS Nigerian Man To Be Deported For Marrying Two Zimbabwean Women In 4 Days / Police Recover Decomposing Bodies Of Murdered Policemen In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.