Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map (11187 Views)

Stella Oduah Stole N3.6b, Shared It Between 8 Companies - Sahara Reporters / FG Awards #31bn Niger Delta Road Contract / Justice Musdapher - UK Spent N3.6b On Ibori’s Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Abagworo(m): 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nigeria > Nigeria
FG awards 13 roads contracts worth N47.8b and N3.6b satellite map of Nigeria contract

By Victor Iluyemi
March 27, 2013 19:30:10pm GMT

Abuja  (WorldStage Newsonline)-- Nigerian government has  approved the sum of N47.8 billion  for the construction of 13 roads and rehabilitation of federal roads that cut across the six geopolitical zones of the country .

Another N3.6 billion has been approved  for the acquisition of Multi user license and multi spectral satellite  map imagery equipment for the country.

The decision was reached at the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja.

The Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen who spoke at the end of the meeting explained that the contractors had already mobilized to sight just as he indicated that most of the jobs had reached up to one to seven percent completion as most of the contracts were flagged off early this year.

According to Onolememen, "The council approved the ratification of the president's anticipatory approval for the award of contracts for the construction/rehabilitation of 13 roads nationwide.

"This followed a memorandum submitted by the the Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen, sought the council's ratification of the president's anticipatory approval for the contract awards worth N47,813,407,007:35."

He explained that the contracts were in two categories, saying "The contracts, which are in two categories include contract for the rehabilitation of Vandeikia-Obudu-Obodu Cattle Ranch road phase 1in Benue State in favour of Messrs CCECC (Nigeria Limited) in the sum of N3,296,177,230.50 with a completion period of 12 months.

"Construction of Mbaise-Ngwa road in Imo/Abia States with bridges at Imo River phase 1 in favour of Messrs Mangroveech & Engineering (Nigeria) Limited in the sum of N2,943,534,543.18 with a completion period of 30 months.

"Construction of Abriba-Arochukwu-Ohafia road in Abia State phase 1 in favour Messrs Beks Kimse (Nigeria) Limited in the sum of N2,265,982,372.50 with a completion period of 24 months.

"Also awarded was the contract for the rehabilitation of of Makurdi-Gboko road phae1; Wannune-Yandev section in Benue State in favour of Messrs Jam Services Construction Limited in the sum of N3,297,761,006.93 with a completion period of 24 months.

"Contract for the construction of Ohafia Abia State-Oso Ebonyi State road in favour of Messrs Uniglobe Construction Engineering Limited in the sum of N2,293,965,030.00 with a completion period of 18 months.

"Contract for the rehabilitation of Section 1A of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora road phase 1 in Sokoto, Kebbi, Niger States in favour of Messrs Triacta (Nigeria) Limited in the sum of NN10,559,745,000.00 with a completion period of 48 months.

"The last contract awarded under category B was for the reconstruction of Section 1 of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora-Makera phase 1 road in favour of Messrs China Railway Construction Comapny (Nigeria) Limited in the sum of N8,968,809,507.63 with a completion period of 24 months.”

Further, in the case of category C, he explained that it involves "Rehabilitation of Kunya-Kanya-Babura-Babban Mutum road phase 1 in Jigawa state, in the sum of N3,792,451,838.18, with completion period of 18 months.

"Construction of Zing-Yakoko-Monkin road in Taraba state, in the sum of N1,043,029,772.40, with completion period of 12 months; Rehabilitation of Alkeleri-Bauchi road in Bauchi state, in the sum of N1,215,539,325.00, with completion period of 12 months.

"Construction of Aguoba-Owa-Mgbagbu Owa-Ebenebe (ANAMBRA) state border) with spur to Awaha-Oyofo-Iwollow road in Enugu state, in the sum of N3,035,439,907.50, with completion period of 18 months; Construction of Offa by-pass in Kwara  state, in the sum of N1,319,983,348.53, with a completion period of 12 months.

"Construction of Ikot Ekpene border-Aba-Owerri dualisation Section1, phase 1 in Akwa Ibom/Abia/Imo states, in the sum of N3,780,988,135.00, with a completion period of 30 months."

He explained that the roads are critical and has economic importance, saying when completed, these roads will boost commercial activities within their immediate environments.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=8114&catid=2

3 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by mojounited(m): 1:36am On Mar 28, 2013
Now that we've heard/read of the contracts being awarded, Lord knows I wanna hear/read about the implementation and completion/commissioning of these projects as well...
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by wesley80(m): 2:23am On Mar 28, 2013
That satellite Map contract should've gone to Musiwa - if only the Aare would leave NL alone he wld notice he actually could be of some use to his country Nigeria. #guttedonhisbehalf.

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by dayokanu(m): 3:15am On Mar 28, 2013
How can anyone award satellite Map again? Something Musiwa has been doing for like 10yrs

Luol Deng another 3 pointer

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by GeneralJ(m): 3:50am On Mar 28, 2013
I thought we had a Sattellite ??
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by werepeLeri: 5:43am On Mar 28, 2013
GeneralJ: I thought we had a Sattellite ??

You have a satellite that doesnt provide high resolution imagery needed for mapping, the satellite you have produces low resolution imageries that is limited in detailed mapping but only useful for large scale mapping and not detailed small scale mapping.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by skyfall: 6:01am On Mar 28, 2013
...contractors have moved to SIGHT.

Na wa for our journalists o.

4 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 28, 2013
Very good developments, especially with the inclusion of contract sums. That is ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY that is the norm with this govt. There's nothing to hide.

With this, NGO's that are interested in anti-corruption can at anytime determine if any contract is inflated or not.

Also impressive is the fact that the govt is keeping its promise of giving certain category of road contract to Nigerian contractors so as to encourage them to grow. I hope such Nigerian contractors will reciprocate the good gesture by performing excellently.

Now that contracts have been awarded, cost of projects known and contractors moved to site in some places, can the media perform their constitutional role by following up with this projects? I guess no. The Nigerian media is too busy reporting GEJ, Buhari, APC,Tinubu, PDP and other political issues, with NO TIME to report DEVELOPMENT. For them to report development, you have to PAY. In Nigeria, you have to PAY to have the media broadcast good news. As for bad news, it sells like hot cake and nobody pays for it.

Since the return of the railways for instance, no Nigerian media house has deemed it fit to give it tangible coverage, besides Premium Times (the recent live blogging of Lagos-kano train ride), NTA and newspaper reports. While foreign media organisations like BBC and I think Ecomiums had written about the comeback of Nigerian railway.

In conclusion, I wish the ACN state governors and indeed other governors nationwide will begin to tabulate projects like the above, with contract sums following every project. It enhances ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY. There's no law prohibiting governors from fighting corruption.

24 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by asha80(m): 7:47am On Mar 28, 2013
which one is mbaise ngwa road?i do not think i have ever heard of that road before.i wonder the villages it passes through.

1 Like

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Ozonna(m): 7:51am On Mar 28, 2013
Abagworo: Nigeria > Nigeria
FG awards 13 roads contracts worth N47.8b and N3.6b satellite map of Nigeria contract

By Victor Iluyemi

Abuja  (WorldStage Newsonline)-- Nigerian government has  approved the sum of N47.8 billion  for the construction of 13 roads and rehabilitation of federal roads that cut across the six geopolitical zones of the country .

Another N3.6 billion has been approved  for the acquisition of Multi user license and multi spectral satellite  map imagery equipment for the country.

The decision was reached at the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja.

The Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen who spoke at the end of the meeting explained that the contractors had already mobilized to sight just as he indicated that most of the jobs had reached up to one to seven percent completion as most of the contracts were flagged off early this year.

According to Onolememen, "The council approved the ratification of the president's anticipatory approval for the award of contracts for the construction/rehabilitation of 13 roads nationwide.

"This followed a memorandum submitted by the the Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen, sought the council's ratification of the president's anticipatory approval for the contract awards worth N47,813,407,007:35."

He explained that the contracts were in two categories, saying "The contracts, which are in two categories include contract for the rehabilitation of Vandeikia-Obudu-Obodu Cattle Ranch road phase 1in Benue State in favour of Messrs CCECC (Nigeria Limited) in the sum of N3,296,177,230.50 with a completion period of 12 months.

"Construction of Mbaise-Ngwa road in Imo/Abia States with bridges at Imo River phase 1 in favour of Messrs Mangroveech & Engineering (Nigeria) Limited in the sum of N2,943,534,543.18 with a completion period of 30 months.

"Construction of Abriba-Arochukwu-Ohafia road in Abia State phase 1 in favour Messrs Beks Kimse (Nigeria) Limited in the sum of N2,265,982,372.50 with a completion period of 24 months.

"Also awarded was the contract for the rehabilitation of of Makurdi-Gboko road phae1; Wannune-Yandev section in Benue State in favour of Messrs Jam Services Construction Limited in the sum of N3,297,761,006.93 with a completion period of 24 months.

"Contract for the construction of Ohafia Abia State-Oso Ebonyi State road in favour of Messrs Uniglobe Construction Engineering Limited in the sum of N2,293,965,030.00 with a completion period of 18 months.

"Contract for the rehabilitation of Section 1A of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora road phase 1 in Sokoto, Kebbi, Niger States in favour of Messrs Triacta (Nigeria) Limited in the sum of NN10,559,745,000.00 with a completion period of 48 months.

"The last contract awarded under category B was for the reconstruction of Section 1 of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora-Makera phase 1 road in favour of Messrs China Railway Construction Comapny (Nigeria) Limited in the sum of N8,968,809,507.63 with a completion period of 24 months.”

Further, in the case of category C, he explained that it involves "Rehabilitation of Kunya-Kanya-Babura-Babban Mutum road phase 1 in Jigawa state, in the sum of N3,792,451,838.18, with completion period of 18 months.

"Construction of Zing-Yakoko-Monkin road in Taraba state, in the sum of N1,043,029,772.40, with completion period of 12 months; Rehabilitation of Alkeleri-Bauchi road in Bauchi state, in the sum of N1,215,539,325.00, with completion period of 12 months.

"Construction of Aguoba-Owa-Mgbagbu Owa-Ebenebe (ANAMBRA) state border) with spur to Awaha-Oyofo-Iwollow road in Enugu state, in the sum of N3,035,439,907.50, with completion period of 18 months; Construction of Offa by-pass in Kwara  state, in the sum of N1,319,983,348.53, with a completion period of 12 months.

"Construction of Ikot Ekpene border-Aba-Owerri dualisation Section1, phase 1 in Akwa Ibom/Abia/Imo states, in the sum of N3,780,988,135.00, with a completion period of 30 months."

He explained that the roads are critical and has economic importance, saying when completed, these roads will boost commercial activities within their immediate environments.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=8114&catid=2

I so happy about the bolded. I just pray that the contractor will construct a quality road and also that funds are made available by the FG. This one wey the Minister no mention the name of the construction company undecided.

Musiwa should apply immediately for that map job ASAP. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Maxymilliano(m): 8:03am On Mar 28, 2013
Can't see how the awarded road contacts cut across the six geopolitical zones as alluded by the minister, South-West is conspicuously missing from the benefiting zones.

Construction of Offa by-pass in Kwara (North-West) can not be said to be South-West portion of the arrangement, and since no major federal roads in the SW is listed for construction or rehabilitation in the report, the contracts can not be said to cut across the six geopolitical zones of the country.

7 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by billante(m): 8:24am On Mar 28, 2013
Ozonna:

I so happy about the bolded. I just pray that the contractor will construct a quality road and also that funds are made available by the FG. This one wey the Minister no mention the name of the construction company undecided.

Musiwa should apply immediately for that map job ASAP. grin

Where the hell is dat road!?? Am from anambra and have never heard of those places!
For FG to remember a place I don't even know where it is in anambra and construct good road for them is very commendable! And am sure no prominent politician is from those places.

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by wawaboy1(m): 8:50am On Mar 28, 2013
billante:

Where the hell is dat road!?? Am from anambra and have never heard of those places!
For FG to remember a place I don't even know where it is in anambra and construct good road for them is very commendable! And am sure no prominent politician is from those places.
work has already started on the road. Am from aguobu owa. The road will link aguobuowa-mgbagbuowa-umumba(ezeagu in enugu state) to ebenebe-mgbakwu(awka north anambra state). Good dev. It will save us all those traffic jam at 9th mile

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by awodman: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2013
asha 80: which one is mbaise ngwa road?i do not think i have ever heard of that road before.i wonder the villages it passes through.
I was also thinking the same tin..I avent heard about that road before,maybe mbaise and ngwa indigenes on this forum can help us out....
Am particularly thrilled with OHAFIA-OSO road,that road crosses tru my village and have suffered tru years of neglect.Also happy with ABiRIBA-OHAFIA-AROCHUKWU road and IKOT EKPENE-ABA-OWERRI road,these roads have been death traps.
God bless GEJ and his cabinet.pray ƒσя more wisdom on them

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 28, 2013
wtf, I dd not see Ilorin-Mokwa-Jebba road and Abaji-Toto road! did they forget those roads?
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Goddex: 9:08am On Mar 28, 2013
wesley80: That satellite Map contract should've gone to Musiwa - if only the Aare would leave NL alone he wld notice he actually could be of some use to his country Nigeria. #guttedonhisbehalf.

You took the words out from my mouth
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Goddex: 9:31am On Mar 28, 2013
Maxymilliano: Can't see how the awarded road contacts cut across the six geopolitical zones as alluded by the minister, South-West is conspicuously missing from the benefiting zones.

Construction of Offa by-pass in Kwara (North-West) can not be said to be South-West portion of the arrangement, and since no major federal roads in the SW is listed for construction or rehabilitation in the report, the contracts can not be said to cut across the six geopolitical zones of the country.

Just recently we read "Jonathan signs contract for $1,5billion (ie 250 billion naira) Lagos to Ibadan double track standard gauge railway" other ethnic groups did not crucify anybody. I respect you a lot Maxymilliano. Even, I just summed up the costs of all those road contracts and it is just about 20% of the rail project. Let them share the crumps too.

6 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Scarpon(m): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2013
gej welldon

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Sibrah: 9:35am On Mar 28, 2013
Maxymilliano: Can't see how the awarded road contacts cut across the six geopolitical zones as alluded by the minister, South-West is conspicuously missing from the benefiting zones.

Next to nothing for the SW. They are tired of looking silly as a result of projects some states are executing.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by kelvincoll(m): 9:40am On Mar 28, 2013
H.... All these contracts awarded with just 2 years in office shocked? This Administration looks promising, fingers crossed though wink
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by bigtt76(f): 9:46am On Mar 28, 2013
cogitoErgo: wtf, I dd not see Ilorin-Mokwa-Jebba road and Abaji-Toto road! did they forget those roads?
... grin @BOLDED. I thought Obasanjo repaired that before #askatiku
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by eldoradoxx: 9:46am On Mar 28, 2013
skyfall: ...contractors have moved to SIGHT.

Na wa for our journalists o.
The contract was awarded earlier and part payment made before the signing of the budget. It is called anticipatory approval. The president can award a contract and pay money out once it is captured in appropriation Act. The formal approval would then be given later. It happens.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by pcmadu(m): 9:48am On Mar 28, 2013
Mbaise and ngwa are finally getting fed present, this road would link 2 brothers 2gether

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Abagworo(m): 9:49am On Mar 28, 2013
asha 80: which one is mbaise ngwa road?i do not think i have ever heard of that road before.i wonder the villages it passes through.

There is a road but no bridge across Imo river. The road was never called Mbaise-Ngwa road but they meet at Imo river bank of Ezinihite and Isiala-Ngwa.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Adurangba(f): 9:49am On Mar 28, 2013
eldoradoxx: The contract was awarded earlier and part payment made before the signing of the budget. It is called anticipatory approval. The president can award a contract and pay money out once it is captured in appropriation Act. The formal approval would then be given later. It happens.

Site not Sight - thats what he meant.

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by eldoradoxx: 9:50am On Mar 28, 2013

South West is in oppposition nah, hahahahahahahaha. So don't expect Fed Govt patronage until ACn or APC wins. Abi no be so? Lol.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by kolexy(m): 9:54am On Mar 28, 2013
Abagworo: Nigeria > Nigeria

By Victor Iluyemi

The south-west is no longer a geopolitical zone abi?
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by asha80(m): 9:58am On Mar 28, 2013
Abagworo:

There is a road but no bridge across Imo river. The road was never called Mbaise-Ngwa road but they meet at Imo river bank of Ezinihite and Isiala-Ngwa.
ok i guess the isiala ngwa end stops at enugu ph expressway.do you have any idea the road where the mbaise end stops?
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by dustydee: 10:06am On Mar 28, 2013
Another N3.6 billion has been approved for the acquisition of Multi user license and multi spectral satellite map imagery equipment for the country.

Musiwa please remember your Nairaland supporters club o! grin
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Abagworo(m): 10:18am On Mar 28, 2013
asha 80: ok i guess the isiala ngwa end stops at enugu ph expressway.do you have any idea the road where the mbaise end stops?

I don't know but I believe its one of those left turns from Ezinihite Along the Mbaise-Okpala road.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by feelamong(m): 10:18am On Mar 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Very good developments, especially with the inclusion of contract sums. That is ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY that is the norm with this govt. There's nothing to hide.

With this, NGO's that are interested in anti-corruption can at anytime determine if any contract is inflated or not.

Also impressive is the fact that the govt is keeping its promise of giving certain category of road contract to Nigerian contractors so as to encourage them to grow. I hope such Nigerian contractors will reciprocate the good gesture by performing excellently.

Now that contracts have been awarded, cost of projects known and contractors moved to site in some places, can the media perform their constitutional role by following up with this projects? I guess no. The Nigerian media is too busy reporting GEJ, Buhari, APC,Tinubu, PDP and other political issues, with NO TIME to report DEVELOPMENT. For them to report development, you have to PAY. In Nigeria, you have to PAY to have the media broadcast good news. As for bad news, it sells like hot cake and nobody pays for it.

Since the return of the railways for instance, no Nigerian media house has deemed it fit to give it tangible coverage, besides Premium Times (the recent live blogging of Lagos-kano train ride), NTA and newspaper reports. While foreign media organisations like BBC and I think Ecomiums had written about the comeback of Nigerian railway.

In conclusion, I wish the ACN state governors and indeed other governors nationwide will begin to tabulate projects like the above, with contract sums following every project. It enhances ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY. There's no law prohibiting governors from fighting corruption.

shaaarrap there!! how many times have we heard contracts given for lagos Ibadan expressway??

let them complete the job first then we will clap for them!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Repay $800m World Bank Loan For 25 Years / United States Investors Coming To Lekki Free Trade Zone: US Consul General / Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.