Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (10348 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by earthrealm(m): 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2008
well guys have u tot about how blue tooth n infrsa rewd works,
i mean the way u can transfer files/pics over the thin air, without actually seeing it!

imagine if man was to be converted into data n subsequently transfered tru such means,
einstein actually proved that ur granfather can b younger than u, just by space travel/, ie if u are able to travel close to/at the speed of light

he demonstarted that time slows down, if u r travelling faster,
he used andromeda galaxy 4 the example, andromeda is the closest galaxy to our galaxy, its 4.2light yrs away, so a return trip there travelling at the speed of light takes 8.4yrs, but 4rm his calculatons life on earth wud hv speed by approximately 60earth yrs!!!
so if u were 20yrs when u left 4 the trip, u wud be 28.4yrs while ur son who was maybe 2yrs wud have become aabout 60yrs!!!!

only 2 obstacles stand in our way,
1.the max speed available by the most advanced rocket engine is 12km/sec wch is a far cry 4rm 3000km/sec at wch light travels,
2.the human body as it is now,, cant survive the g forces at the speed of light
3.the techmology to keep the human being in suspended animation for such a journey has not been fully developed, we r just scratching at the surface with deep freezi ng n the rest

, maybe in anoda 120 yrs, such techmology wud be available, alas we wud be long gone then!!
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by darequam(m): 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2008
Well i don't believe dat. If guys like us are on our toes and looks 4 answers wherever possible. I know our curiousity wil definitely get us our deserved answers.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Name5: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2008
at last someone got us thiking,

Good points raised by you guys,

a thread was started sometime on Nland about Ufos, will try and get the link

forumites gave good insights on the topic.

Lets face the hard question now, How to change man into data?

Anyone got any idea how,

Perharps through a microwave oven cheesy
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by earthrealm(m): 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2008
converting man to data??, its going to be possible, soon

but i dont think God will allow man to go far, i mean technology wise, look at what happened to nimrod,

even the bible said that he attempted to build a sky scraper that reaches the heavens, u can imagine such audacity, but when u realize that man was made in Gods image n likeness, then wil u begin 2 realize that mans potential is limitless

the bad thing about technology is that its inherently evil, one way or the other, the devil will hijack /subvert it n use it 4 perpertuating evil,

about travelling at the speed of light, gr8 research has been carried out on the subject, n fusion is the way 2 go, i repeat fusion not fission,
fission is the common technology now, powering the nucler power stations/submarines/aircraft carriers, it involves splitting the atom, with the resultant release of energy n radioactive waste, while fusion combines 2 heluim/hydrogen particles to produce water as the waste product!!!

worm holes surely exist, carl sagan did extensive research on the subject, [too bad he was an atheist, seems too much science makes man doubt the existence of GOD],
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2008
we actually can gain much from the theory of relativity and the special theory of relativity.This is one of the most wonderful aspect of quantum physics.The key to unravel many mysteries of the universe lies in this branch of physics.Most of us take mathematics and physics too academic whereas they actually the tools to explore the unexplored dimensions,to make known the unknown and to explain the inexplicable.we fail to realise that these tools is best effective when we use it to know how we operate.We need not look into the deep of space cos all we ll see is nothing but the past.Scientists are just discovering that the atom explains a whole lot of things going on in the universe.Physics is best utilized we devoted to explaining what goes on in the human mind.Every of mans discovery started in the mind of various individual.So also TIME TRAVEL has come up within our minds the rest is minor.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2008
Am currently working on a book that will make physics really entertaining and at the same time get you real thinking about yourself and the universe you live in.It ll make you understand so many concepts that has make physics look more like a cult and can only be understood only by rocket scientists.such concepts like relativity,duality of matter(waves & particles),Atomic structure,Quantum tunnelling,time travel,teleportation(2 chapters),galactic order and extraterrestrial.An average human brain can understand all these stuffs and even add to them his own observations.If you can operate a T.V remote then all these are not big deal.infact we all experience them everyday.All these concepts well understood and applied to the human mind will explain phenomenons such as Telepathy,Telekinesis,levitation and many more.There is nothing in quantum physics that opposes time travel and teleportation.we only need to open our minds and eyes to see what lies beneath.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2008
cool
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by U1(m): 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2008
What are saying Hisses and walks away.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by SamMilla1(m): 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2008
YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
This is where i like contribute,
My obsession with quantum physics and the possibility of some life forms out there in the galaxys began when i got addicted to the movie Stargate Commando. A lot of pre-believed impossibilities has turned to possibilities in the past 70 years, Imagine another 500 hundred years of human existence, imagine what will happen, Einstein himself would not have believed what is happenning on earth today.Science is a subject of doubt and argument,simply because people can't believe what they don't know, I don't only believe that there are life forms out there, i also believe that we can travel through time. We can create a Wormhole just like the poster said,Connecting earth to some point in the far away galaxy. I love physics, Its just that its way behind comprehension in the continent where i grew up,
@poster, i will like to have more discussions with you.
holla milla @ misolar24@yahoo.com
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nazzyon(m): 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2008
I trust that Time Travel will work but it will be some thousands of years from now.

Based on my conversation with a research scientist and a lecturer in Warwick University. There has been series of projects going on but no visible success yet.

I have also had numerous chats with people who does not only believe in futuristic achivements but are also contributing; I concluded from there rensponses that results are not clear.

I am a huge fan of Battle Star Gallactica, Stargate Atlantis, Star Trek lots of otherf SCIFI movies but I am telling you that even if it will be a success it won't be in our generation.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by SamMilla1(m): 12:12am On Apr 12, 2008
nazzyon:

I am a huge fan of Battle Star Gallactica, Stargate Atlantis, Star Trek lots of otherf SCIFI movies but I am telling you that even if it will be a success it won't be in our generation.

I agree with you but believe me, the time is closer than we all know,
We already know it can happen. We feel it in the air. We are just waiting for a break through,
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nazzyon(m): 12:37am On Apr 12, 2008
K
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 12, 2008
@ all,

as i so much believe that science has not achieved close to 1% of discoveries and inventions which still lie untapped in the world yet unseen, so i much i believe that for everything there must be a limitattion and also an impossiblity.

No matter how good a swimmer is, he will never be like the fish.

Maybe in the far future they(scientists) will find a way to make people live for eternity.(LOL)

No matter how developed we humans are we can never be above the laws of the creator which rules for eternity.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 5:50am On Apr 12, 2008
For you to know teleportation is no more just a possibility its already been done,in 2003 a team of physicist lead by William Wooters in massachusets succeeded in teleporting quantum bits(a kind of computer info).In the university of Geneva Nicokas Gisin performed the same fit.Recently in australia light was teleported over atomic particles over large distance.If you think time travel has thousands of years to wait you may be wrong sir,there are a number of methods to achieve it that a already being worked on;WORM HOLE,COSMIC STRING and BLACK HOLES,FASTER THAN LIGHT TRAVEL AND ALCUBIERRE WARP DRIVE.Worm hole has generated most interest cos it offers the most possibility.But to transport any matter across the two mouths of the worm hole immense energy is needed,no amount of energy we can generate is comparable to it.But alas we have ANTIMATTER.1gm of this will give energy enough to power the whole of NewYork for 20 years.CERN already produced antiparticles(positron;positive electron).so tell of what.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nazzyon(m): 6:50am On Apr 12, 2008
Back up link to support you statement.

Was there a response?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nazzyon(m): 6:57am On Apr 12, 2008
I won't argue on Teleportation because there is no strong confirmation.

I guess I will simply face Robotics squarely.

@ Omooba0
In the meantime, I will be back for the link from to your source.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 7:25am On Apr 12, 2008
Already there has been an electron accelerator that spans the border of both switzerland and france,its 7km long and an electron.Now the latest in CERNs latest is the LHC Large Hadron Collider.please check http://press.web.cern.ch/press/PressReleases/Releases1996/PR01.96EAntiHydrogen.html
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Labo: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2008
Nice1 omoobao. please keep the discussion up. I have got some questions,

What is the main difference between space and time? I would swear the two are the same.
I occasionally go through space with my consciousness in order to manipulate things, can that be considered as travelling through time.

Labo
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Brainiac(m): 8:58am On Apr 12, 2008
Interesting Omooba0, I like the discussion and exposition. Where did u school?
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 9:27am On Apr 12, 2008
Some years back some sociologists gave a major blow to time travel called the GRANDFATHER PARADOX.thanks to Novikov self-consistency principle and the theory of parallel universe and Everetts many-world interpretations much talked about by Stephen Hawking.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Chydoo: 9:44am On Apr 12, 2008
This is a nice topic omoobao.

It took me some time to believe in the possibility of time travel. But now I know it is possible.
The barrier humans have to overcome to gain significant time is attaining the SPEED OF LIGHT and / or
attaining NEGETIVE MASS or Exotic MATTER ( to form a worm hole).

These are the gateways to time travel. A black hole is said to have similar characteristics to a worm hole. Any thing that goes close to a black hole (even light) will be attracted to it and will dissappear.
It is supposed to reappear in another space and time (you could volunteer for the experiment grin)

Experiments have also been carried out to prove that time will go slower for you when you move closer to the speed of light.
I am not a physicist and may be not be completely accurate in some of my explanations.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 10:42am On Apr 12, 2008
Chydoo u re very right sir,these are aspects of physics that we need to concentrate on for us to warp the space-time continuum and to alter our velocity in any direction of time.like av said earlier we are always traveling through time in the forward direction at a uniform velocity.we ve all been talking about the speed of light what about the speed of THOUGHT.Its time we started looking inwards and see the gigantic quantum possibilities that lays within the mind unexplored.please try and search for Gill Perez and also sister Mary of Agreda.Afterall we ve heard of ancient african stories of warriors who could actually teleport.The only thing that is not possible is that which the DIVINE hastn put within the human mind.I guess He laughs at us when we thingk our thoughts are impossible.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 10:45am On Apr 12, 2008
Chydoo u re very right sir,these are aspects of physics that we need to concentrate on for us to warp the space-time continuum and to alter our velocity in any direction of time.like av said earlier we are always traveling through time in the forward direction at a uniform velocity.we ve all been talking about the speed of light what about the speed of THOUGHT.Its time we started looking inwards and see the gigantic quantum possibilities that lays within the mind unexplored.please try and search for Gill Perez and also sister Mary of Agreda.Afterall we ve heard of ancient african stories of warriors who could actually teleport.The only thing that is not possible is that which the DIVINE hastn put within the human mind.I guess He laughs at us when we thingk our thoughts are impossible.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by omooba0(m): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2008
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by SamMilla1(m): 11:31am On Apr 12, 2008
omooba0:

WE ve all been talking about the speed of light what about the speed of THOUGHT.

This is where i give you some respect, I am not a physicist also but believe me,
i have asked my self this same question some time ago.
''what about the speed of THOUGHT'' I am one of those people who believe that we can actualise whatever we can think of, it all about a matter of time and break through.
I believe that there are pararell worlds out there.
Above all ,I believe in ALTERNATE REALITY of human race.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2008
i hope this will make us to reinforce our belief in a Great Creator, God. just think of the wonders of the Universe that man is still trying to comprehend, or the Human Brain or the workings of the human cell. i wonder the great things man can do but we will still be regulated by God.
omoba01, is this topic more of mysticism or just science? how can man now be able to teleport,time travel, levitate and so on. i'm interested to know more.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by simps(m): 2:00pm On Apr 12, 2008
time travel and teleportation is possible if you believe, what ever is said about this topic may sound great but i believe that only God can really explain what take place when one feels changes in actual time. in the Holy Bible we were told of how moses made the sun to stood still making the world time from that time to the present time not be accurately calculated. there was a kind of time lapse between that time and now. how for heaven sake can one explain that. the scientist did alot of research but could not make any head way. when i was growing up, i read a book about telepathy and time travelling and was curious enough to try it, it almost worked if not for the fact that i was scared. all these things are voodoo.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nazzyon(m): 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2008
But this is not the Religion section.

It is obvious that when you talk about science you don't refer to some god.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by porkpie(m): 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2008
The EGBE thing is real AFRICAN science at work! Ever had of soul travelling ? ask an ECKIST or an FRATER Origin EGYPT OR TIBBET. This is proudly Africa lipsrsealed tongue cool
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by lonelypal(m): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2008
Did anyone notice that no lady has contributed to this discussion so far,

Later they come up with this silly song of its aint a man's world, what a man can do a woman can do worse[s][/s] oops!
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by SamMilla1(m): 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2008
they are in romance section, leave them alone.
Re: Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? by nazzyon(m): 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2008
Funny enough, it is said that about approx. 70% of the Females in the world are between the range of brilliant & Good while that of Male in world is between approx. 60-65%.

It is just a matter of choice of what they choose to do. Female don't stress themselves like we do, so they always find problem easy to solve than we do.

Don't worry I will delete this post soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Civiclab Announces Winners Of The Abuja Tech Friday Hackathon / Photos Of Aliens Living Under The Earth / Complete Etisalat Blackberry Subscription Codes And Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.