Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible (5074 Views)

Infographics Reveal Teleporting And Time Travel Are Both Possible! / Xenophobic Attacks: Maybe Its Time To Send MTN, DSTV Away- Senator Olusola Adeye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by prettytasha(f): 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
The topic time travel is a very interesting topic that ignites the curiosity of everybody . time travel maybe possible , but am sorry you cannot travel back in time and see how the pyramids were built ,or witness the french revolution , but some scientists like albert einstein and rosen proposed theories that says its possible to travel into th future . These theories were special relativity and quantum mechanics.

WORMHOLES;Einstein suggested the theoretical existence of "bridges" through time and space – often referred to as wormholes. His theory has been further developed by numerous physicists including Stephen Hawking and Kip Thorne.

"The basic idea if you're very, very optimistic is that if you fiddle with the wormhole openings, you can make it not only a shortcut from a point in space to another point in space, but a shortcut from one moment in time to another moment in time," Professor Brian Greene, a prominent string-theory physicist,

PROBLEM; No wormhole has ever been discovered, and even if it was, it would be far too small for scientists to manipulate for the purposes of time travel – measuring just a billion-trillion-trillionth of a centimetre across. They also pose a significant risk, bringing with them the threat of sudden collapse, high levels of radiation and contact with dangerous exotic matter, Space.com warns.

Wormholes are unstable because of the feedback created by this radiation, "So although tiny wormholes do exist, and it may be possible to inflate one someday, it won't last long enough to be of any use as a time machine."

Cosmic strings
Described as one-dimensional "cracks in the universe" and some of the strangest structures observed by cosmologists, cosmic strings could help us navigate through time. "Cosmic strings are either infinite or they're in loops, with no ends", "So they are either like spaghetti or Spaghetti Os."

Problem: Again, cosmic strings only exist only in theory. "This is a project a super civilisation might attempt," says Gott. "It's far beyond what we can do. We're a civilisation that's not even controlling the energy resources of our planet."

Supermassive black hole;
black holes are so dense that they have a dramatic impact on time, slowing it down more than anything else in the universe. If a spaceship were to orbit a black hole, those on board would only experience eight minutes of time for every 16-minute orbit.

Problem: 
Black holes are more practical than wormholes because they don't present the same paradoxes and won't be destroyed by feedback. "but its quite dangerous "It's a long way away and it doesn't even take us very far into the future

Travelling at the speed of light
Another possibility would be travelling at the speed of light, a constant, finite speed of 186,000 miles per second. "If you go fast, your clock runs slow relative to people who are still "As you approach the speed of light, your clock runs so slow you could come back 10,000 years in the future

Problem: According to the laws of physics, nothing can travel as fast as the speed of light – let alone a spaceship. Even the Large Hadron Collider, the strongest particle accelerator in the word, can't make protons move that fast. ". Also, the human body would not be able to withstand time travel at all, as travelling at nearly the speed of light would kill you.

cc prettytasha ,cc live science

3 Likes

Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Teeside12(m): 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
Great...But somehow confusing
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
All this are on the outer fringes of science. It was, is and NEVER will be possible to time travel. Telepathy tho..........
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by darkhorizon: 12:47am On Sep 10, 2015
prettytasha:
The topic time travel is a very interesting topic that ignites the curiosity of everybody . time travel maybe possible , but am sorry you cannot travel back in time and see how the pyramids were built ,or witness the french revolution , but some scientists like albert einstein and rosen proposed theories that says its possible to travel into th future . These theories were special relativity and quantum mechanics.

WORMHOLES;Einstein suggested the theoretical existence of "bridges" through time and space – often referred to as wormholes. His theory has been further developed by numerous physicists including Stephen Hawking and Kip Thorne.

"The basic idea if you're very, very optimistic is that if you fiddle with the wormhole openings, you can make it not only a shortcut from a point in space to another point in space, but a shortcut from one moment in time to another moment in time," Professor Brian Greene, a prominent string-theory physicist,

PROBLEM; No wormhole has ever been discovered, and even if it was, it would be far too small for scientists to manipulate for the purposes of time travel – measuring just a billion-trillion-trillionth of a centimetre across. They also pose a significant risk, bringing with them the threat of sudden collapse, high levels of radiation and contact with dangerous exotic matter, Space.com warns.

Wormholes are unstable because of the feedback created by this radiation, "So although tiny wormholes do exist, and it may be possible to inflate one someday, it won't last long enough to be of any use as a time machine."

Cosmic strings
Described as one-dimensional "cracks in the universe" and some of the strangest structures observed by cosmologists, cosmic strings could help us navigate through time. "Cosmic strings are either infinite or they're in loops, with no ends", "So they are either like spaghetti or Spaghetti Os."

Problem: Again, cosmic strings only exist only in theory. "This is a project a super civilisation might attempt," says Gott. "It's far beyond what we can do. We're a civilisation that's not even controlling the energy resources of our planet."

Supermassive black hole;
black holes are so dense that they have a dramatic impact on time, slowing it down more than anything else in the universe. If a spaceship were to orbit a black hole, those on board would only experience eight minutes of time for every 16-minute orbit.

Problem: 
Black holes are more practical than wormholes because they don't present the same paradoxes and won't be destroyed by feedback. "but its quite dangerous "It's a long way away and it doesn't even take us very far into the future

Another possibility would be travelling at the speed of light, a constant, finite speed of 186,000 miles per second. "If you go fast, your clock runs slow relative to people who are still "As you approach the speed of light, your clock runs so slow you could come back 10,000 years in the future

Problem: According to the laws of physics, nothing can travel as fast as the speed of light – let alone a spaceship. Even the Large Hadron Collider, the strongest particle accelerator in the word, can't make protons move that fast. ". Also, the human body would not be able to withstand time travel at all, as travelling at nearly the speed of light would kill you.

....To me there are time machines...e.g is your car relative to your leg:you spend 5hours with ur car from lag to Ilorin, while with your leg,5days nonstop.... you have simply skipped 96hours compared to your leg:so,what I think is that time travel is possible;however,there are many means of time travel,in which transportation is,but we are still battling with how to teleport,however there are some other ways we haven't even thought of,some might be blasting one into space with light....however,take note that Nigerian witches have already successfully being teleporting them selves since 2,00B.C grin
prettytasha:

Cosmic strings

Supermassive black hole;

Problem: 

....To me there are time machines...e.g is your car relative to your leg:you spend 5hours with ur car from lag to Ilorin, while with your leg,5days nonstop.... you have simply skipped 96hours compared to your leg:so,what I think is that time travel is possible;however,there are many means of time travel,in which transportation is,but we are still battling with how to teleport,however there are some other ways we haven't even thought of,some might be blasting one into space with light....however,take note that Nigerian witches have already successfully being teleporting them selves since 2,00B.C
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by prettytasha(f): 8:00am On Sep 10, 2015
SirWere:
All this are on the outer fringes of science. It was, is and NEVER will be possible to time travel. Telepathy tho..........
it might be possible tho if we achieve a means of travelling at the speed of light ,
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 11:56am On Sep 10, 2015
"Also, the human
body would not be able to withstand time travel at
all, as travelling at nearly the speed of light would
kill you."

case closed! smiley

1 Like

Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Blakjewelry(m): 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
Warp drive is more possible than all of the above. Nasa is already testing that in their lab.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
nice
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
Travelling at the speed of light CANNOT kill you.

Robinhez, what is this you're saying?

Prettytasha, think about it. Would travelling at the speed of light really kill you?
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Chris95(m): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
D beautiful mystery of time travelling smiley... As a scientist I actually blv time travel is psble bt as a Christian I tink it's highly unlikely.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
Teempakguy:

Robin hez, what is this you're saying?

Pretty tasha, think about it. Would travelling at the speed of light really kill you?

1. The human body won't be able to whistand the rate of radiation hitting it from the elements present in space.

2. We won't be able to whitstand the amount of heat energy required to travel at such speed in a spaceship!

That statement is absolutely correct! Until ways and methods are figured out (and it sounds almost impossible to happen)!! smiley
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
RobinHez:

1. The human body won't be able to whistand the rate of radiation hitting it from the elements present in space.

2. We won't be able to whitstand the amount of heat energy required to travel at such speed in a spaceship!

That statement is absolutely correct! Until ways and methods are figured out (and it sounds almost impossible to happen)!! smiley
what you're saying doesn't depend on the speed of light.

You can be moving at 0m/s^2 and still get hit by deadly radiation. So, that's done.

Also, heat energy is not necessary to drive a ship. So, that is also pointless. I could use electric energy, or zero point energy, or some other non dangerous energy. Come to think of it, with proper insulation, I can keep any amount of heat away from the cabin.

Lemme repeat my earlier statement, in case you didn't understand me very well. angry

Travelling at the speed of light. Or any other speed for that matter, CANNOT KILL YOU.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Booyakasha(f): 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
Teempakguy is right, travelling at the speed of light might not kill a human but with my good knowledge of quantum physics and general relativity, travelling at the speed of light can never take you to the future, although it might be possible to look back at the past if you are moving at the speed of light but i guess not with the human eye lol i'm joking...

The bad thing about travelling at the speed of light is that you can rupture the fabrics of space and cause an explosion and disappear, so don't try travelling at such speed. Join This Forum for SCITECH discussions -: www.gdevit.com
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
what you're saying doesn't depend on the speed of light.

You can be moving at 0m/s^2 and still get hit by deadly radiation. So, that's done.

Also, heat energy is not necessary to drive a ship. So, that is also pointless. I could use electric energy, or zero point energy, or some other non dangerous energy. Come to think of it, with proper insulation, I can keep any amount of heat away from the cabin.

Lemme repeat my earlier statement, in case you didn't understand me very well. angry

Travelling at the speed of light. Or any other speed for that matter, CANNOT KILL YOU.

u serious abt that? shocked

Maybe u don't understand the phrase well.. tongue
On a normal day, travelling at any speed is as harmless as the dove.
But putting humans in it (spaceships), that's when complications begin to occur.
Why does object falling from the sky 'catch fire'? (That's not because of speed of light, I knw..but I'm heading somewhere)
Even the men that travelled to the moon...we heard of the different health complications they got from the mission...not to talk about...

Our human body is different from the body parts of the spaceships...it won't be able to whitstand any of the adverse effects of 'warp speed'

I reiterate but with better emphasis: Travelling at the speed of even close to light is enough to consume our mortal body!
Yeah! cool

Check out this link: http://m.space.com/8011-warp-speed-kill.html

And this one too tongue : http://gizmodo.com/5957697/super-fast-space-travel-would-kill-you-in-minutes
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Blakjewelry(m): 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
Teempakguy:

I quite disagree with on this one. Though there are works being done to use magnetic shielding to protect space vessel traveling at higher velocity, reaction to G-Force another problem. Right I don't think there are any damper that can counteract what the crew in such a vehicle will experience, the only alternative right now is if we can achieve warp drive.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
RobinHez:

u serious abt that? shocked

Maybe u don't understand the phrase well.. tongue
On a normal day, travelling at any speed is as harmless as the dove.
But putting humans in it (spaceships), that's when complications begin to occur.
Why does object falling from the sky 'catch fire'? (That's not because of speed of light, I knw..but I'm heading somewhere)
Even the men that travelled to the moon...we heard of the different health complications they got from the mission...not to talk about...

Our human body is different from the body parts of the spaceships...it won't be able to whitstand any of the adverse effects of 'warp speed'

I reiterate but with better emphasis: Travelling at the speed of even close to light is enough to consume our mortal body!
Yeah! cool

Check out this link: http://m.space.com/8011-warp-speed-kill.html

And this one too tongue : http://gizmodo.com/5957697/super-fast-space-travel-would-kill-you-in-minutes

you're talking about light speed travel in normal space. undecided
Using conventional spacecraft.

In this case, it is not the speed that will kill you. In fact, at just 97% of lightspeed, the aforementioned occur. And in fact, only occurs when there is interstellar hydrogen present.
It's equivalent to having roadblocks and speedbumps on the road. They are what will kill you. Not the speed.

Now, let's talk business.

At any speed, resultant force is zero. The earth is moving at above 1000km/h right now and you can't even feel it. For all we care, it can move at light speed. And still, nothing would happen to you. Why? Because the atmosphere of the earth acts as a very efficient shield. No high-speed hydrogen can ever get to the biosphere. It will long be either deflected by the earth's magnetic field, or be forced to form compounds in the ozone layer. And if that doesn't cut it, it will have to stop due to sheer friction.

And don't even talk about those men that went to the moon . . . . don't even try it. tongue tongue
Because no one went to the moon. It's all a hoax! grin grin
Seriously though, that wasn't due to speed. Their health complications arose from acceleration. Not speed. wink

In summary,

Travelling at any speed is not dangerous to the most fragile of objects.

What you are describing is the danger encountered when these speeding objects encounter inelastic collision and an external force is impacted on them. This can be avoided by preventing collision. Not reducing speed.

PS

What the hell are you doing with me and Freda? angry
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
Blakjewelry:

I quite disagree with on this one. Though there are works being done to use magnetic shielding to protect space vessel traveling at higher velocity, reaction to G-Force another problem. Right I don't think there are any damper that can counteract what the crew in such a vehicle will experience, the only alternative right now is if we can achieve warp drive.
g-force is a function of acceleration. Not speed.
So, that's done.
There's no argument here please.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 6:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
you're talking about light speed travel in normal space. undecided
Using conventional spacecraft.

In this case, it is not the speed that will kill you. In fact, at just 97% of lightspeed, the aforementioned occur. And in fact, only occurs when there is interstellar hydrogen present.
It's equivalent to having roadblocks and speedbumps on the road. They are what will kill you. Not the speed.

Now, let's talk business.

At any speed, resultant force is zero. The earth is moving at above 1000km/h right now and you can't even feel it. For all we care, it can move at light speed. And still, nothing would happen to you. Why? Because the atmosphere of the earth acts as a very efficient shield. No high-speed hydrogen can ever get to the biosphere. It will long be either deflected by the earth's magnetic field, or be forced to form compounds in the ozone layer. And if that doesn't cut it, it will have to stop due to sheer friction.

And don't even talk about those men that went to the moon . . . . don't even try it. tongue tongue
Because no one went to the moon. It's all a hoax! grin grin
Seriously though, that wasn't due to speed. Their health complications arose from acceleration. Not speed. wink

In summary,

Travelling at any speed is not dangerous to the most fragile of objects.

What you are describing is the danger encountered when these speeding objects encounter inelastic collision and an external force is impacted on them. This can be avoided by preventing collision. Not reducing speed.

PS

What the hell are you doing with me and Freda? angry

huh?
What is more faster? Speed or acceleration
And u do know, acceleration happens before attaining a uniform speed!

Look at this: Breathing in air is essential to human life, but too much of oxygen in the body can lead to complications which can equally lead to death!
So would I be wrong if I claim 'oxygen can kill'?

According to the post "the human
all..."
And some of the effects of high speed on humans are: Blackout, Increase in Blood pressure, etc...all these can lead to death! B4 we even start mentioning interstellar Hydrogen radiation.
No matter how u try to explain it, its still a fact that 'travelling at the speed of light can kill"
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Blakjewelry(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
g-force is a function of acceleration. Not speed.
So, that's done.
There's no argument here please.

I have being following virtually all propulsion system being look at by nasa because I have a keen interest in them, with exception of warp drive one of their of major concern is G-Force and how to dampen it effects. The possibility of we creating and artificial wormhole is far from reality, for now nasa has practical concept of propulsion system that can bring us up to more than half the speed of light but they all depends on acceleration.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
Blakjewelry:

I have being following virtually all propulsion system being look at by nasa because I have a keen interest in them, with exception of warp drive one of their of major concern is G-Force and how to dampen it effects. The possibility of we creating and artificial wormhole is far from reality, for now nasa has practical concept of propulsion system that can bring us up to more than half the speed of light but they all depends on acceleration.
then you should modify your statement to,

"Trying to accelerate to the speed of light in a short time will kill a person."

I hope you are aware that if I accelerate at a mere 10m/s^2, which is harmless to a person, I will eventually get to the speed of light?
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by prettytasha(f): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
Teempakguy:

Prettytasha, think about it. Would travelling at the speed of light really kill you?
yes your body cannot withstand such speed
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
RobinHez:

huh?
What is more faster? Speed or acceleration
And u do know, acceleration happens before attaining a uniform speed!

Look at this: Breathing in air is essential to human life, but too much of oxygen in the body can lead to complications which can equally lead to death!
So would I be wrong if I claim 'oxygen can kill'?

According to the post "the human
all..."
And some of the effects of high speed on humans are: Blackout, Increase in Blood pressure, etc...all these can lead to death! B4 we even start mentioning interstellar Hydrogen radiation.
No matter how u try to explain it, its still a fact that 'travelling at the speed of light can kill"
this is what happens when you play ps2 instead of doing your homework. sad

Let's go again.

Newton's first law states that a body will remain at rest or continue to progress in a straight line unless external force is applied.
This means that an object will have zero velocity. (Not move.) Or any arbitrary value. Whether it be light-speed or snail speed.
Now, without any external force, an object will continue to possess this value of velocity for an eternity. This means that a bullet fired in a vacuum will continue to move for eternity without stopping.
This directly implies that maintaining velocity requires no energy or force. If no force is applied, the body will maintain it's speed. FOREVER.

Acceleration on the other hand, is the result of the external force. When you apply external force on any object. It possesses acceleration which is directly proportional to the force applied. This of course is explained in newton's second law. So, this means entirely that acceleration is the change of an object's velocity. Whether it is zero or any other value.
This means that to get an object to increase it's speed,(or decrease it) force must be applied. Otherwise, the velocity will remain constant.

However, when force is applied, the body resists. This is explained in newton's second law. The object resists with it's own force. This is countered after the force surpasses the objects inertia. After which acceleration begins.

It is this force that kills people. That makes them black out and have black eyes and all the stuff you just mentioned above. And that force comes from the propulsion system. Perhaps a rocket engine? Or other.

Now, the greater the acceleration, the greater this force. And the higher it's effects on people. However, at uniform speed, there is no acceleration. Hence, there is no force,
HENCE, humans cannot be affected in ANY way. In fact, they wouldn't know they we're travelling at lightspeed.

Approaching lightspeed has always been the issue. Not moving at it. Once light speed is achieved, no more propulsion is needed. The vessel will continue to move in a straight line and objects in it will experience a single inertial frame.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
prettytasha:
yes your body cannot withstand such speed
why do you people keep saying this?!!!

Arrrgh! It's frustrating mehn!

That is why one guy like that was arguing that the earth does not move because he didn't experience any effects. angry

Are you aware that if you stand completely still, you possess speed? Yes you do. But your speed is zero. It doesn't matter if you're moving at 0m/s, or 100m/s, or 300 000km/s, you will still experience the laws of physics in the same way!
Haven't you ever wondered why on earth, everything is still, while the earth moves at a mind blowing speed of 108 000km/h around the sun and an equally mind blowing 1670km/h to rotate?
At such insane speeds, if I am to believe your theories, the earth should experience wild storms and life here should be chaotic!
But look out, does it look like we're even moving?
Whether the speed is zero, or hundred, or a hundred and eight thousand, or even light speed, nothing will happen!
Why? Because there is no force applied! The body is as good as at rest. angry

1 Like

Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by khalhokage(m): 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2015
Teempakguy:

Even traveling at the speed of sound can kill you, that's why fighter pilots and astronauts wear special suits to offset the gforce.

1 Like

Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
khalhokage:

Even traveling at the speed of sound can kill you, that's why fighter pilots and astronauts wear special suits to offset the gforce.
oh please. It's not the speed. It's the turning.
Military pilots often have to turn quickly and at sound speed, slight change of direction produces high acceleration.

Ever heard of the concord? It was a commercial airliner which travelled at [b]twice[b] the speed of sound. I don't recall them wearing any special suits. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by seunot: 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
I completely agree with Teempakguy, he's absolutely correct about SOL not killing if we're in the travelling vessel or ship. Moreover, the only problem with attaining SOL in energy requirement, necessary materials or alloys to withstand the outside enormous force and collision and Gforce dampeners. But again, in time, all this shall be sorted!
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
seunot:
I completely agree with Teempakguy, he's absolutely correct about SOL not killing if we're in the travelling vessel or ship. Moreover, the only problem with attaining SOL in energy requirement, necessary materials or alloys to withstand the outside enormous force and collision and Gforce dampeners. But again, in time, all this shall be sorted!
thank you!
Thank you very much!
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Samguine: 9:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
Chris95:
D beautiful mystery of time travelling smiley... As a scientist I actually blv time travel is psble bt as a Christian I tink it's highly unlikely.
Can you please elaborate more on that?
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by tartar9(m): 9:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
the real problem isn't travelling at the speed of light,but accelerating to near the speed of light that's what will kill you.note my use of the 'near' word because accelerating mass to exactly the speed of light isn't possible.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Blakjewelry(m): 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
[quote author=Teempakguy post=37879283]then you should modify your statement to,

"Trying to accelerate to the speed of light in a short time will kill a person."

I hope you are aware that if I accelerate at a mere 10m/s^2, which is harmless to a person, I will eventually get to the speed of light?[/quot

It's like achieving same goal differently. baring other factors, attaining the speed of light faster is more practical because of reasonable amount of energy required, but maintaining 1g requires unlimited amount of energy and remember it will take more than a year to achieve c. All the future drive for now consider high g with a good damper, even heard they are testing frog in a levitation chamber to counteract high g.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
Blakjewelry:
yes, I totally agree.
Re: Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible by RobinHez(m): 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
this is what happens when you play ps2 instead of doing your homework. sad

Let's go again.

Newton's first law states that a body will remain at rest or continue to progress in a straight line unless external force is applied.
This means that an object will have zero velocity. (Not move.) Or any arbitrary value. Whether it be light-speed or snail speed.
Now, without any external force, an object will continue to possess this value of velocity for an eternity. This means that a bullet fired in a vacuum will continue to move for eternity without stopping.
This directly implies that maintaining velocity requires no energy or force. If no force is applied, the body will maintain it's speed. FOREVER.

Acceleration on the other hand, is the result of the external force. When you apply external force on any object. It possesses acceleration which is directly proportional to the force applied. This of course is explained in newton's second law. So, this means entirely that acceleration is the change of an object's velocity. Whether it is zero or any other value.
This means that to get an object to increase it's speed,(or decrease it) force must be applied. Otherwise, the velocity will remain constant.

However, when force is applied, the body resists. This is explained in newton's second law. The object resists with it's own force. This is countered after the force surpasses the objects inertia. After which acceleration begins.

It is this force that kills people. That makes them black out and have black eyes and all the stuff you just mentioned above. And that force comes from the propulsion system. Perhaps a rocket engine? Or other.

Now, the greater the acceleration, the greater this force. And the higher it's effects on people. However, at uniform speed, there is no acceleration. Hence, there is no force,
HENCE, humans cannot be affected in ANY way. In fact, they wouldn't know they we're travelling at lightspeed.

Approaching lightspeed has always been the issue. Not moving at it. Once light speed is achieved, no more propulsion is needed. The vessel will continue to move in a straight line and objects in it will experience a single inertial frame.

#siqhs#
Thanks for the sermon undecided

Attaining the speed of light itself is pratically impossible, so I shouldn't bother my brain!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bermuda Triangle: Ship Reappears 90 Years After Going Missing / India To Create Robot Soldiers For Warfare / NASA Spacecraft Snaps Incredible Photo Of Earth And The Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.