Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (20199 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Cosmologist Outlines Three Concepts For Time Travel / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
I've been
thinking critically & following the world of physics &
attempts made by some scientist /mathematicians
to prove time travel which some did theoretically ,
but for real , how possible is it to travel back to the
past / to the future .?
gat to be "supernatural " i suppose .

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Sholah96(m): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2014
I watched a movie, continuum, it's based on this time travel. Where a group of terrorists and a detective travelled from year 2077 back 2 2012. I think d scientists ar working on it, maybe they think it's possible.

9 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Fash20: 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Its impossible

10 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 11, 2014
Fash20: Its impossible

i tire 4 dem physicist oo

gat to be supernatural

4 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
Its possible.....it has something to do with light....do u knw u are actually looking back in time when looking at stars?

10 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by robinicule(m): 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
when u look at the sun u r looking @ 8 mins ago, if d sun dies all of a sudden, it will take us abt 8mins to know......and according to einsteins theory of relativity, if u can travel infinitely at the speed of light, time tends to slow down for u, everything around u will pause. anoda example is space time. space time is slower than time on earth, because there aint no gravity in space, d lesser d gravity, d slower d time, dats y dose people leaving on a cliff, time passes through them slower because they r farther to the earth's core (lesa gravity for dem)........my token, time travelling is very possible, dere just might not be equipment for it yet, but arbitrary theories claims it is possible.....

30 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by jayseehe(m): 5:46am On Jul 20, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Its possible.....it has something to do with light....do u knw u are actually looking back in time when looking at stars?

yes, because of the distance of the sun and the speed of light...

@ topic, impossible

6 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by koreat(m): 5:48am On Jul 20, 2014
Possible
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ojuafact: 5:48am On Jul 20, 2014
tale
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by tempem: 5:49am On Jul 20, 2014
jayseehe: impossible
Possible.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 5:49am On Jul 20, 2014
Quite foreseeable if wormholes are stable enough but you likely wont be able to get back to the same time you left.
There are problems like Wormholes not obeying the laws of Physics and the Twin and Bootstrap Paradox which makes time travel highly unlikely.

The possibility is only based on scenarios that are highly unlikely because it would contradict few theories and laws that haven't been disputed yet

3 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by koreat(m): 5:51am On Jul 20, 2014
robinicule: when u look at the sun u r looking @ 8 mins ago, if d sun dies all of a sudden, it will take us abt 8mins to know......and according to einsteins theory of relativity, if u can travel infinitely at the speed of light, time tends to slow down for u, everything around u will pause. anoda example is space time. space time is slower than time on earth, because there aint no gravity in space, d lesser d gravity, d slower d time, dats y dose people leaving on a cliff, time passes through them slower because they r farther to the earth's core (lesa gravity for dem)........my token, time travelling is very possible, dere just might not be equipment for it yet, but arbitrary theories claims it is possible.....
Claps

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by datguru: 5:53am On Jul 20, 2014
I watched one movie Kyle xy and it seems there are some people in the US who specialize in this , a kind of therapist I guess

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kunzu(m): 5:54am On Jul 20, 2014
How I wished, I know d answer, ave always wondered like d OP
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by macpetrus(m): 5:54am On Jul 20, 2014
Maybe......

Possible!!!
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 20, 2014
Very possible.

There is more to life than planet earth and our primitive fossil fuel and nuclear energies.

There are billions of planets out there which probably have various lifeforms and techs. Everyday, new planets are being discovered.

There is therefore the possibility that some of these lifeforms possess the kind of energy to make time travel and speed of light ttavel possible. All we need to do is make contact with them.

4 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by watchthisposter(m): 5:55am On Jul 20, 2014
SMH for all of ya. Damning indictment of the pitiable education system in nigeria.

Time travel will only be possible if superluminal (faster-than-light) particles exist.

Time travel/time dilation does occur and has been observed in muons which reach a speed of 0.99c, but it is nothing like the crap fantasy you are fed in movies.

If we can discover superluminal particles and a way to harness their speed, the best we can even hope for is being able to transmit encoded information through time.

Human beings? Nah.

Imagine if somebody accelerated you to speeds greater than the speed of light grin grin

And I saw somebody talking about time travel through wormholes. Do you even have any idea what warmholes are? grin

6 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by LyfeJennings(m): 5:56am On Jul 20, 2014
Astagafirlah. ..

if it is possible then there is no God...

my take:; IT IS ONLY A THOUGHT THAN CAN NEVER EVER EVER HAPPEN..

6 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by LyfeJennings(m): 5:56am On Jul 20, 2014
pDude: Very possible.

There is more to life than planet earth and our primitive fossil fuel and nuclear energies.

There are billions of planets out there which probably have various lifeforms and techs. Everyday, new planets are being discovered.

There is therefore the possibility that some of these lifeforms possess the kind of energy to make time travel and speed of light ttavel possible. All we need to do is make contact with them.
u jonzing

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iluvweed(m): 5:57am On Jul 20, 2014
Fake......... undecided
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 20, 2014
LyfeJennings: u jonzing

U ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Uchwilliam(m): 5:57am On Jul 20, 2014
Freaky
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 6:00am On Jul 20, 2014
Time travel to the past might be impossible in order to avoid a time rip in the space time continum but future time travel seems more realistic and safer
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Iamoilprince(m): 6:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Time travel is a recognized concept in fiction, but has a very limited support in real world physics, usually only in conjunction with quantum mechanics

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by johnstar(m): 6:06am On Jul 20, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 20, 2014
Sure! if you can create an engine that travels at light speed

3 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by colossus2: 6:08am On Jul 20, 2014
Real!!!
Have you forgotten that nairaland travelled back in time

14 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ghostofsparta(m): 6:08am On Jul 20, 2014
robinicule: when u look at the sun u r looking @ 8 mins ago, if d sun dies all of a sudden, it will take us abt 8mins to know......and according to einsteins theory of relativity, if u can travel infinitely at the speed of light, time tends to slow down for u, everything around u will pause
I just don't get it...why must we science enthusiasts swallow anything because one Einstein or Newton said it...I mean why can't you or Einstein himself explain or point to us by describing that thing that would pause or slow down everything around us predicated on time as one attain the speed of light? Maybe I'm ignorant or haven't read that widely so as to know if has been illustrated for I am certain no wesrern scientist have time travelled......okay, okay, allright....I don read am b4 but I still dont agree on the time-slowing London Clock experiment in relation to speed because I think it has more to do with the observer's distance and not the speed of light. Would appreciate if you or anyone can explain why will, what will and how will things slow down or pause off

Missy89: Quite foreseeable if wormholes are stable enough but you likely wont be able to get back to the same time you left. There are problems like Wormholes not obeying the laws of Physics and the Twin and Bootstrap Paradox which makes time travel highly unlikely. The possibility is only based on scenarios that are highly unlikely because it would contradict few theories and laws that haven't been disputed yet

Hi, you won't be the first and the last on this forum who make the mistake of presenting 'wormholes' as though it's real and confirmed. Wormhole is an hypothetical concept used to underline the unlikely possibilty of a certain would-be phenomenon of gaining short-cut to another point in spacetime. It was even briefly explained in the sci-fi horror starring Lawrence Fishburne titled 'Event Horizon' which was about a tremendously huge ship that time travelled so tey it went into realms and dimensions that rendered it conscious and utterly evil it began to haunt and mentally attack the crews sent to locate and return it or something like that.

benbuks: I've been
thinking critically & following the world of physics &
attempts made by some scientist /mathematicians
to prove time travel which some did theoretically ,
but for real , how possible is it to travel back to the
past / to the future .?
gat to be "supernatural " i suppose .
Oga how far? How work? Hope sey every every dey jell....hehen you want to know if time travel dey possible because you've been thinking abou it. Brother if you're really thinking about it you should have researched it and share your findings with us. I think you are too impressed by some flicks or series you've been watching of late. Anyway it's a good question you asked...

...[speaking for myself] From my researches and the books I've read in the past, I think there is a difference between 'travelling through time' and 'travelling back and forth in time' which I will call 'time-hopping'. I believe to jump back to 1851 AD or leap forward to the year 2079 using whatever means is arguably impossible simply because as I one day ponder about it, it occured to me that why haven't we recieved at least one human visitor from a future where 'time travel' technolgy has been perfected, or are such distant visitors purposely skipping our point of event in the universal time line to an age where they study non-evil, less monstrous and more interesting creatures like the dinosaurs and how humans evolved along or after them?

Furthermore, travelling through time which is clearly different from the 'time-hopping' scenarios painted above is very possible because not only have I confirmed it several times, it's also modifiable and guess what..the knowledge of it is gleaned from an aspect of the Yoruban Ifa called isegun or Yoruba Advanced Sciences. Travelling through time is what KANOKO does when used by shortening the distances meant to be traversed naturally. If you use it, say you want to be in Ikorodu quickly while you are in Apapa, all you just need do is to contactivate it while already been attached on you and as you begin to walk as usual, you will realise as you trek on, you somehow find yourself getting past places that normally if you could sprint like a cheetah wouldn't have reached, and so it goes untill you get to the destination inputed on the YAS when you contactivated it. In my study so far, the wonderfull KANOKO has no repercussion but do have a consequence of relapsing the user to walk those skipped distance during sleep which when woken willl be exasperated and weak, nonetheless I am still trying to meet a very deep old woman whom I'm informed has a version that doesn't feature this consequential limitation and that could also enable one apply it from here to anywhere in the world. I know this sounds ridiculous but I and others have used the normal KANOKO and yes I sweat it out. Truly our ancestors were great to have had superscientists (Oniseguns and Babalawos) among them who figured it out because they constantly commmune with nature. If you or anyone is interested to know, ask and I will tell how I think the science of KANOKO works.

[url=amosnonyu..com]AMOS NONYU[/url]

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by JustCare: 6:10am On Jul 20, 2014
An interesting one!
please with strict sense of logic let's argue reasonably.

This issue has been of serious concern lately, I think is possible even when considering what happened to nairaland. After all, I'm a partial idealist ...I believe that our world are in other words less of reality and it stands. You can prove me wrong if you can.
Though time travel hasn't not been proved, but researchers believe that with some elements of pseudoscience, something could be achieved with regards to time travel.

Our world remains an illusion filled one! any machine that can manipulate the memory could make one exist in the past, yes! that is more attainable than traveling into the future, though, traveling into the future is really attainable too once a landmark is maid in traveling to the past.

The nairaland back in time catastrophe is a big issue to ponder for curious minds!

But where can curious minds in Nigeria get with our curiosity
Anyway, it's well...life and determination says it all!

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by FBICIA(m): 6:12am On Jul 20, 2014
I think it's not possible though I love fiction, but come to to think of it, is it going to be a machine or just button or something?
even in fictional film there are side effects let alone real life.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by kstyle2(m): 6:13am On Jul 20, 2014
How abt soul travel by eckist?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Akbee(m): 6:13am On Jul 20, 2014
children of Allah praise the Lord for he is too much..dont let the world deceive u..time travel is only fictional n not a reality...happy sundae...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Will Kerosene Freeze If Put In Freezer? / Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... / Anular Eclipse In Nigeria: What's The Situation Report In Your Area??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.