Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos (29423 Views)

Photo: RANKED: The World's 20 Strongest Militaries / 16 Most Powerful Militaries In Africa / World's Ten Smallest Militaries- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by ehispapa(m): 2:32pm On Mar 28, 2013
ewet: what is the size of the military in nigeria and hw much and wht percentage of our GDP do we spend yoy

About 150,000 personnel
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2013
Time to let Winston Churchill speak to the immature yanks again(and hell yeah, I've got a poppy pin on my chest tongue):

- Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy or that anyone who embarks on that strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events… incompetent or arrogant commanders, untrustworthy allies, hostile neutrals, malignant fortune, ugly surprise, awful miscalculations.
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2013
ehispapa:

About 150,000 personnel

Damn!! That's too small for a country with 150 million people...

Naija is a 5th rate country militarily - I'd put even little Kenya above naija... grin
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by honeric01(m): 2:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
hotwax:

These picture will answer you perfectly of what world super-power is. Tomorrow, you will come and tell us how Iran is powerful than the whole world.

These pictures does not include War plains and missiles.

USA has the most effective missile and anti-missile battery and china is try to steal these these technologies.

You and I know these facts. Comparing china to US is an insult to USA. Comparing Fashola to Clinton is an insult on clinton.

Next time you compare, russia with USA, France and Germany. China is a world power in the making. Baby world power lOL
Japan can even deal with China

its always good to comprehend, where did i say anyone was stronger than anyone? Kindly indicate.
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by UnimkeAk(m): 2:44pm On Mar 28, 2013
[size=30pt]Pictures they say speaks a thousand words..
Shebi una see the combat picture of the US_ the US military is the greatest thing since Sparta.

India follow try

Mumu China na 2 wear uniform stand attention or march.

North Korea na gra gra dey worry them & I keep saying that this their I no gree, I gree, I gree attitude wif USA go tear dia shirt one day.
[/size]
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by honeric01(m): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
loswhite: don't u knw hw to read ?

you're the one who can't read, i indicated 'man power' in my post, read properly!
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by ionsman: 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nigeria is a measly 80,000.....That's kinda small.....

Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by KOMBE: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2013
harlos: join the force to make it big undecided
thats right my brother
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by KOMBE: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2013
obadiah777: NIGERIAN MILITARY IS NUMBER 1 thats right

FROM THE BACK cheesy
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by lekkie073(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2013
obadiah777: NIGERIAN MILITARY IS NUMBER 1

FROM THE BACK cheesy
the gospel according to obadiah chapter 7 verse 77....
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by solomon111(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2013
hotwax:

Iskander is a long range missile that can multply and target multiple points.

America has the best Missile shield in the world and its freaking Russia out. America wanted to position it in Polland behind Russia, Russia protested.

Russia iskander is a old technology dated as far back as 80, although was upgraded in 90's.

However, American missile systems, kits, missile delivery system is far beyond this earth.

Americans are competing with Aliens not RUssia cuz Russians are behind in Missile system.

Patrots missile, hellfire are more intelligent than iskander.

Have you heard of Ordnance Penetrator Bomb built last month? Russsians cant even digg that. Israeli Arrow missile is better than iskander if made long range.

The only good thing about iskander is its long range and ability to deliver high-payload. It can be shut down with conventional batteries.

Need I say more about warplanes?
The newly improved iskander is the bomb.
It has the ability to fool any missile defence system by producing diversionary missiles.
Even the RS-20 voyevoda should be at par with the patriot missiles,if not better.
Infact the reason why america stopped carrying out military drills with Georgia was because Russia(after continously warning america) silently deployed iskander missiles to the border.
America didn't know if those missiles were for Newyork or Georgia,so they withdrew.

1 Like

Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by solomon111(m): 3:08pm On Mar 28, 2013
hotwax:

Iskander is a long range missile that can multply and target multiple points.

America has the best Missile shield in the world and its freaking Russia out. America wanted to position it in Polland behind Russia, Russia protested.

Russia iskander is a old technology dated as far back as 80, although was upgraded in 90's.

However, American missile systems, kits, missile delivery system is far beyond this earth.

Americans are competing with Aliens not RUssia cuz Russians are behind in Missile system.

Patrots missile, hellfire are more intelligent than iskander.

Have you heard of Ordnance Penetrator Bomb built last month? Russsians cant even digg that. Israeli Arrow missile is better than iskander if made long range.

The only good thing about iskander is its long range and ability to deliver high-payload. It can be shut down with conventional batteries.

Need I say more about warplanes?
The newly improved iskander is the bomb.
It has the ability to fool any missile defence system by producing diversionary missiles.
Even the RS-20 voyevoda should be at par with the patriot missiles,if not better.
Infact the reason why america stopped carrying out military drills with Georgia was because Russia(after continously warning america) silently deployed iskander missiles to the border.
America didn't know if those missiles were for Newyork or Georgia,so they withdrew.

1 Like

Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by hotwax: 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2013
solomon111: The newly improved iskander is the bomb.

The only reason America stopped the drill was because Russia threatened to start supplying missiles to Cuba and Venezuela. The sole purpose of the missile defence shield in polland is to stop russian missiles.

If Russian fires these missile, then they are helping americans perfecting these project.
America is not afraid of Russian missile, but it was due to political reason. Russia also threatened to stop cooperating with America on Iran.
Do you understand these simple logics?
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by lovejo(m): 3:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
I doubt this ranking especially Malaysia as tenth, Malaysia military can't not even handle 200 Zulu militant from Philippines since last month.
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by deols(f): 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
honeric01:

There are no roles for gossipers in the Army o, i hope you know this?

Can you catch grenades?
Can you run 10,000 meters?
can you hold an AK 47?
Can you stand blood?
Can you stay without water for days?
Can you drink your urine?
Can you stay off sexx for a while?
And can you "service" your male colleagues and sometimes female colleagues in cold environment to keep them warm?

The "can you" is very long.

So once more, the Army is not a place for gossipers.

[size=2pt]
Pun intended o grin cool[/size]

First, gossips and not gossiperswinkHow did you conclude that I am one. Is it because I am female?..well, na u sabi.

The short service is for professionals innit?

I'd be serving d military in my capacity as a professional personnel.

And all of the things u wrote above, I can already do half of them undecided

I can get trained for the restgrin except for the servicing of colleagues part..robots can do that grin

1 Like

Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by CID: 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2013
musKeeto: Nigerian army is the biggest POLICE FORCE in the world...
Haba, E no bad reach like dis nah
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by solomon111(m): 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2013
hotwax:

The only reason America stopped the drill was because Russia threatened to start supplying missiles to Cuba and Venezuela. The sole purpose of the missile defence shield in polland is to stop russian missiles.

If Russian fires these missile, then they are helping americans perfecting these project.
America is not afraid of Russian missile, but it was due to political reason. Russia also threatened to stop cooperating with America on Iran.
Do you understand these simple logics?
Do you know what it means for america if cuba and venezuela gets hold of iskander missiles?
America just couldn't risk it.
You say america does not fear russia?
I laugh.
Russia can turn america in 30minutes into a uranium wasteland,and no defence system in the world can save them.
America are very well aware of this.

1 Like

Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by ugochukwumaduka: 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
Jastombutex11:

Well i think all ASIA mentioned earlier on the threat combined to face USA that's gonna be the biggest massacre and loss of their lives bro. Its not about number its about how trained these people are. China can go to war and lose 200k soldiers but USA they hardly lose up to that amount with a certain period bro.... So i think the Chinese soldiers are slaves but the US soldiers are defenders and real fighters bro
Dude, u don too watch all dos american war movies...dey always portray demselves as d gud guys fighting for d right cause n dt na big fallacy.
Ve u read sun tzu's art of war?
Sun Tzu said...1.he who makes haste to the battlefield is @ a disadvantage dan he who's already there, never lay siege to a walled city.
2.Wen ur force greatly outnumbers ur enemy,u surround him. Wen ur force is 2-1, u divide ur force, wen ur forces are similarly matched,u cn offer battle. But wen ur enemies force outnumbers urs, u retreat. A small force might put up a spirited fight, but @ d end, d larger force will always win.
Numbers count in warfare, same as technology n skill.dos Asian guys no dey finish oh...der population gives dem dt egde and nowadays, military technologies and weapons are readily available for whoever is interested @ d right price.for every new military innovation,d technologies re quickly stolen, copied n replicated elsewhere. tk iran, north korea, pakistan, india for example...who u think say they give them their weapons, na d same super powers and dts y dey are having small bragging power. Arms running is a very lucrative business even in d western nations.

1 Like

Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2013
Emperor_007: How much does the " Giant of Africa" spend on military?

I think Nigeria would've made that list, if we started thinking ahead early. Till now, we are still sleeping

Who did you vote for in the last elections? Who do you plan to vote for next time?
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by ugochukwumaduka: 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
For all dos saying NA is crap and 1st frm d back and largest police force, can't handle BH....n blah blah blah.you all no try atall
First, a nations army is suppose to b an external force to maintain its sovereignty, nt to act as an internal force like d police and dts y der doctrines, trainings and behaviors re different.
2.do u honestly think that for our size, location and geopolitical standing in d world we should match dos western n asian nations in terms of numbers, weapons technology and activities.we are not into the business of war like them and dts y dey justify d huge amounts they allocate to der militaries with all dos force projections, govt toppling and conflict resolutions they engage in.
Which nation will acquire all dt personnel, weapons and technologies and not want to use it for its own strategic selfish objectives.
Our strength is regional and dts very ok for now. wen we get to the stage of playing in d global field, den we can begin d acquisition.
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by hotwax: 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
solomon111: Do you know what it means for america if cuba and venezuela gets hold of iskander missiles?
America just couldn't risk it.
You say america does not fear russia?
I laugh.
Russia can turn america in 30minutes into a uranium wasteland,and no defence system in the world can save them.
America are very well aware of this.

Russia? Are you joking. I can see you are joking. You are not a serious human being. I cant continue arguing with you.

Iraq/Afganistan are Russians allied, why didnt Russia go to war with Iraq?

So who told America doesnt have nuclear bomb? Even a tiny country israel has. So let russia fires and America reply.

Who is Russia when we have Germany, UK, France? iskander cant fight all wars. Wake up! iskander iskader iskander.
Out of the thousands of state-of art techologies.

Do you even understand missile war far?

Has iskander passed through europe space?
Europe is American allied and will never allow that pass without bringing it down. HAs it perced Europe? endored antlantic ocean?

You are not worth arguing with. ISKANDER guy. French has good missile system, Germans too. You are fixated on iskander as if its the only weapon on earth.
Since when has Russia gone to war except cold war? Russia cannot compete in modern warfare.

Russia turn the USA to uranium waste land. Do you know what Trident submarine are caring?
Trident submarines carries nuclear war head and can deploy anywhere they are. Thats what is called "Distributive attacking system"

Russia is world power, there is nothing making them powerful than Germany. Germany also have their strong point. They also build the most sophisticated submarine in the world. It doesnt make them more powerful than the USA. USA even purchase submarine from them.
Every super power have their own strong point. I guess Russia is iskander. Dont forget French has Rapheal Bomber. Thats their strong point.

You need some lessons guy.

I am just tired. I am chilling out. This argument makes no sense
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by hotwax: 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
ugochukwumaduka:
Dude, u don too watch all dos american war movies...dey always portray demselves as d gud guys fighting for d right cause n dt na big fallacy.
Ve u read sun tzu's art of war?
Sun Tzu said...1.he who makes haste to the battlefield is @ a disadvantage dan he who's already there, never lay siege to a walled city.
2.Wen ur force greatly outnumbers ur enemy,u surround him. Wen ur force is 2-1, u divide ur force, wen ur forces are similarly matched,u cn offer battle. But wen ur enemies force outnumbers urs, u retreat. A small force might put up a spirited fight, but @ d end, d larger force will always win.
Numbers count in warfare, same as technology n skill.dos Asian guys no dey finish oh...der population gives dem dt egde and nowadays, military technologies and weapons are readily available for whoever is interested @ d right price.for every new military innovation,d technologies re quickly stolen, copied n replicated elsewhere. tk iran, north korea, pakistan, india for example...who u think say they give them their weapons, na d same super powers and dts y dey are having small bragging power. Arms running is a very lucrative business even in d western nations.

You are right, when some game geeks are controlling predator or unmanned warplane using keyboard and sipping cofee in a chillin AC, the world largest military are shooting AK47 on the battle field. So much for numbers LOL
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by hoyehdiran: 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC forms are out...... Visit www.nigerianarmyms.org/pages.php?pgid=38 Grab a copy today and make Nigerian Army the strongest in the world & stop whining!!!
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by ugochukwumaduka: 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2013
hotwax:

You are right, when some game geeks are controlling predator or unmanned warplane using keyboard and sipping cofee in a chillin AC, the world largest military are shooting AK47 on the battle field. So much for numbers LOL

Battles will always be fought, won and lost on d ground.even with a very powerful military strength like air superiority, u still need ground troops to secure conquered territories.dts y dey establish bases, outposts and others.a geek can't establish such from his AC chilling room. When bases are established, dey are always susceptible to sabotage, guerrilla warfare, insurgency et al. There will always be casualities in warfare on both warring sides.who has more forces is @ d advantage. Plus dnt forget that in modern warfare, as u have geeks in one side's camp controlling drones so also does the other side too, who wan dull for battle, mk dem com slaughter am..all warfare is based on deception and all is fair in war so every side comes up with its own strategy to defeat the enemy.
even NAF hs got drones too,built in naija (aldoh dem just dey start)...
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by honeric01(m): 5:07pm On Mar 28, 2013
deols:

First, gossips and not gossiperswinkHow did you conclude that I am one. Is it because I am female?..well, na u sabi.

The short service is for professionals innit?

I'd be serving d military in my capacity as a professional personnel.

And all of the things u wrote above, I can already do half of them undecided

I can get trained for the restgrin except for the servicing of colleagues part..robots can do that grin

hehehe robots can't service na. Maybe you can become a'military nurse', that makes more 'sense'
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by sucess001(m): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2013
solomon111: The newly improved iskander is the bomb.

Ooomo! See people dey talk bombs like say na fish! i been think say na ordinary people like me and you dey Nairaland before o. Na now i know say Boko Haramites sef dey...(running for cover) grin grin grin
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by deols(f): 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2013
honeric01:

hehehe robots can't service na. Maybe you can become a'military nurse', that makes more 'sense'

No. That would be degrading. Have you met any woman who's doing well, working as professionals of repute?

If you don't know any or haven't met one, it may be hard for you to picture a woman doing well in any field. Your case is understandable but continually speaking this way is unforgivable. angry
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by rhymz(m): 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
manuell1021: but america dare nt tink of goin 2 war wit china.
america will obliterate China in a matter of days if it come to military comfrontation. Guy is not about numbers o, that does not win wars. Today's wars are worn by technology, military sophistiscation and advancements not by size. The America military is the most funded military in the world, with more than seven times the amount China spends on its military. China still buys major military weapons from the US and Russian, so wetin you dey yarn. Even the economic advancement in China is pushed largely by majorly companies in the US and europe. So forget abeg china still dey learn.
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by GooseBaba: 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
obadiah777: NOT THAT I CARE ABOUT MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE DEMONS TOO. ITS SATAN CASTING OUT SATAN

So you and your fellow believers are the chosen ones abi? The original Israelites! The rest of us are devil seed...your god will destroy the world and give you back your land ( israel) and you will be part of the 144 thousand that will go to your heaven... while the ones left behind will be slave masters... you guys can then begin to rape and kill as you please..Guy abeg leave fiction and face reality....na beg I dey beg yôu... We dey discuss human technology not gods power.....Missiles, Ak.47, M16 and thinz!!! Biko come back to reality...
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by DIYTechnologies: 7:04pm On Mar 28, 2013
Israel may have one of the smallest army but can beat any one or a few put together in a military combat. That is the power of "One with God is majority"
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by ugochukwumaduka: 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
rhymz: america will obliterate China in a matter of days if it come to military comfrontation. Guy is not about numbers o, that does not win wars. Today's wars are worn by technology, military sophistiscation and advancements not by size. The America military is the most funded military in the world, with more than seven times the amount China spends on its military. China still buys major military weapons from the US and Russian, so wetin you dey yarn. So forget abeg china still dey learn.
With all their sophistication,have they won any battle recently(iraq and afganistan insurgents are gud case studies and those are not even sovereign states).
If u say numbers don't count,then y re they d second largest army in terms of personnel. All those advanced weapons and tech devices still need people to operate them (drones,predators,subs,missile systems,apaches,fighter jets,bombers,EOD robots, aircraft carriers,TFG's et al) and for u to project a sizeable reckoning force, u need all those in very large numbers including personnel too.
Its only those who know the evils of war know how to go about its business.
I think d US will think thrice b4 engaging China in warfare. D US will probably avoid outright confrontation and opt for covert activities, diplomacy and trade offs.
A cold war mit be as far as they go.they can't annihilate them.(How them wan tk slaughter dem...abi Chinko don turn to nama. even d US can't obliterate billions of nama n counting in a matter of days, I'd say maybe a month or two, nt to talk of intelligent crafty humans like d chinese)
Re: World's Ten Largest Militaries-photos by Sprumbaba: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:
Of course China has to be the first because no country dares to interfere in their matter and their security is the best in the world.
Keep on deceiving yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aregbesola Resuscitates Ede Cocoa Processing After 15 Years / Dickson Unveils 2.6km Dual Carriage Kpansia Road And Kpansia Market In Yenagoa / Magashi Appointed Unqualified Isa Garba As Provost Of NDA Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.