Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,034 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (567045 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by TerraByte(m): 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
2sex:
I found AnimationTube via expireddomains.net Expireddomains.net is the google.com for domains if you know what I mean. Well, the $5.99 was a coupone code
ok nw I get..so I guess when the deleted domains get released the fastest person to spot a precious domain and registers it owns it. Ok
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by blym4real: 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
tradinghemp.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chinedulivingstone(m): 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
Yommy123:
Chibenze is giving you a great advice, just listen to him... If you have any questions, please feel free to ask . We are all here to help each other.
thank you bro but I ask question
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
TerraByte:
ok nw I get..so I guess when the deleted domains get released the fastest person to spot a precious domain and registers it owns it. Ok
the owner of Expireddomains is making shit loads of cash from affiliate earnings.

Also, not only deleted domains. I have a domain on Godaddy auction that I hope to win in next 2 days and if won,it will give me $x, x x x at flippa possibly. I will only reveal it when it sold on flippa.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Avalani(m): 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
2sex:
the owner of Expireddomains is making shit loads of cash from affiliate earnings.

Also, not only deleted domains. I have a domain on Godaddy auction that I hope to win in next 2 days and if won,it will give me $x, x x x at flippa possibly. I will only reveal it when it sold on flippa.

I notice a lot of folks are very cautious about revealing full domain name. I understand why in this particular case, but generally what is wrong in posting domain names and hope to sell? How does this affect the future buyer? Please explain. I'm new to this. 2 months old to be exact.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by TerraByte(m): 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
2sex:

thanks can I get your email or bbm that I can use to contact you privately.. Ill send you a pm nw..thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
Avalani:

I notice a lot of folks are very cautious about revealing full domain name. I understand why in this particular case, but generally what is wrong in posting domain names and hope to sell? How does the future buyer? Please explain. I'm new to this. 2 months old to be exact.
domain is quite different from other forms of business in that the opportunity isn't so wide along a vertical. If I reveal the name now and someone goes on to start bidding against me nko and thereby increasing the cost. Sorry, in this game, you don't trust anyone. That's the way we role and you don't take it personal My friend had an $18,000 sale and I asked him what's the domain he sold. He told me he can't reveal it to me. We laughed over it and that's the way we role.

I don't understand the emboldened

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by tony23: 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
i beg house is the domain sellable? or does it worth anything, its 4 premium llll.com domains, is it good to buy them and resell?

IJQZ.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 8:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sorry guys, I don't have access to the email here. Ask your questions I will do my best to answer them. email attached to this handle was a domain name I regged but didnt renew it
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Usiyaro(m): 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
@2sex and all other ogas please answer these few questions clearly and straightforward I have come across them in few pages back but it's confusing, dnt take me to be unserious cus it was with all what I read here that I was able to make my first purchase that I mentioned few pages back, please help expand my knowledge and answer these few qst:-
1. Once I get a buyer how do I refer him to
my account to buy my
domain/s listed for sale?
2. Let's say my domain registrar is
godaddy, if I have a buyer from
sedo, how do I know when to make a transfer,
how do I transfer my
domain from my godaddy account to either
another account on godaddy or
another registrar account.
3.Is the a rule I need to follow before I make a
transfer because I
read my domain can be locked by ICAAN for 6
months if don't follow due
process that's why am scared.( kindly explain d process) tanx all.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 10:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
Usiyaro:
@2sex and all other ogas please answer these few questions clearly and straightforward I have come across them in few pages back but it's confusing, dnt take me to be unserious cus it was with all what I read here that I was able to make my first purchase that I mentioned few pages back, please help expand my knowledge and answer these few qst:-
1. Once I get a buyer how do I refer him to
my account to buy my
domain/s listed for sale?
Just tell them to type the domain into their address bar. When you forward your domain to Sedo's nameservers, everyone visiting the domain will land on the sales page.
2. Let's say my domain registrar is
godaddy, if I have a buyer from
sedo, how do I know when to make a transfer,
how do I transfer my
domain from my godaddy account to either
another account on godaddy or
another registrar account.
Sedo will tell you when (and how)
to begin the transfer after they've collected the cash from the buyer.
3.Is the a rule I need to follow before I make a
transfer because I read my domain can be locked by ICAAN for 6
months if don't follow due
process that's why am scared.( kindly explain d process) tanx all.
The ICAAN rule is that 'you can't transfer a newly registered name to another registrar in the first 60 days after registration.' You can transfer the name within the same registrar and a few of us here have sold a name in less than a month after regging it. The solution is to simply ask the buyer to open an account at the registrar where you regged the name.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Usiyaro(m): 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
oladayo042:
Just tell them to type the domain into their address bar. When you forward your domain to Sedo's nameservers, everyone visiting the domain will land on the sales page.
The ICAAN rule is that 'you can't transfer a newly registered name to another registrar in the first 60 days after registration.' You can transfer the name within the same registrar and a few of us here have sold a name in less than a month after regging it. The solution is to simply ask the buyer to open an account at the registrar where you regged the name.

Thank you.
wow tanx bro, very much appreciated
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
oladayo042:

Thank you.
I just picked up Filming dot io. what do you think?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 10:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
blym4real:
tradinghemp.com
dude, the best hemp names are gone.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 20, 2015
ForexTruck dot com
Any value in this?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 5:20am On Apr 20, 2015
fighal:
ForexTruck dot com
Any value in this?
What is forex? Have u care to research what forex is all about?
ForexTruck? Hmmm wish i had an answer.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Avalani(m): 7:55am On Apr 20, 2015
2sex:
domain is quite different from other forms of business in that the opportunity isn't so wide along a vertical. If I reveal the name now and someone goes on to start bidding against me nko and thereby increasing the cost. Sorry, in this game, you don't trust anyone. That's the way we role and you don't take it personal My friend had an $18,000 sale and I asked him what's the domain he sold. He told me he can't reveal it to me. We laughed over it and that's the way we role.

I don't understand the emboldened

Wow! Even after he has sold it?! Interesting. Anyway, every field and its peculiarities.

@the emboldened, I meant how does revealing a domain now affect the future buyer?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 8:41am On Apr 20, 2015
Avalani:

Wow! Even after he has sold it?! Interesting. Anyway, every field and its peculiarities.

@the emboldened, I meant how does revealing a domain now affect the future buyer?
Well, not all domains are to be revealed as a buyer can google and see it. Sometimes they do so before buying it. It's best you keep things to your chest. The only reason I have put some here is just to serve as a pointer for what to acquire.

I picked up Filming dot i**o yesterday. Why? Lots of Single tech Word has been doing well on flippa and you will need a quite an exposure via the flippa premium upgrade to get a nice slice.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Yommy123(m): 8:42am On Apr 20, 2015
Never Accept The First Offer...when someone puts an offer on the table, there's always a better offer behind it.

when you "reach out" to end-users, you need to give price.

don't play games

either they will accept the amount, make a counter offer or they will walk.

but nothing will happen until you step up

The best way to go about this is to say Thanks for your offer but We are accepting offers in the low four-figure which is btw. (1000 - 4500) ... feel free to shoot me a msg my broda. let me know how it goes

Good Luck!

blym4real:
I contacted the owner of one forex domain and he offered to buy superiorforex.com[registered 3 days ago] for $100 but I feel the offer is too low.
@2sex,oladayo,yommy123,chibenze advice needed
blym4real:
I contacted the owner of one forex domain and he offered to buy superiorforex.com[registered 3 days ago] for $100 but I feel the offer is too low.

@2sex,oladayo,yommy123,chibenze advice needed
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 8:53am On Apr 20, 2015
Some times you have to go with your guts. Nothing is guaranteed and never be scared of losing money. I gamble most time. In fact, the first $500 I made back in September 2012 was on the last and only cash I had. N10,000 I split in two. Paid for internet sub and was left with N5,000. Did my research, picked a name and sold it for $500 within 7 days. I would wager that it's more of adrenaline induced and closed to insanity. I hate being broke and hate it with passion. That's my drive.

One good aspect of my life is my thinking ability. I dare not think for too long without a solution popping up. I don't engage in too many talks, I am more of a mental speaker than audible. Research is the key bro. Research till you fall off your PC at 2 am smiley smiley smiley
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 8:58am On Apr 20, 2015
Yommy123:
Never Accept The First Offer...when someone puts an offer on the table, there's always a better offer behind it.

don't play games

The best way to go about this is to say Thanks for your offer but We are accepting offers in the low four-figure which is btw. (1000 - 4500) ... feel free to shoot me a msg my broda. let me know how it goes

Good Luck!

See, the value of a domain name isn't much when you contact an enduser. Except you are pitching in a niche where the demand is increasing. Seriously, it's all about the demand. He should take the money for real at least where will he invest 500 naira and get 17,000? which business to the best of your knowledge offers that?

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by blym4real: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2015
Yommy123:

don't play games

Good Luck!

Thank you bro. I will pm you.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by blym4real: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2015
2sex:
Some times you have to go with your guts. Nothing is guaranteed and never be scared of losing money. I gamble most time. In fact, the first $500 I made back in September 2012 was on the last and only cash I had. N10,000 I split in two. Paid for internet sub and was left with N5,000. Did my research, picked a name and sold it for $500 within 7 days. I would wager that it's more of adrenaline induced and closed to insanity. I hate being broke and hate it with passion. That's my drive.

One good aspect of my life is my thinking ability. I dare not think for too long without a solution popping up. I don't engage in too many talks, I am more of a mental speaker than audible. Research is the key bro. Research till you fall off your PC at 2 am smiley smiley smiley
Am trying to set up my godaddy auction account but am required to fill some payee informations before I can list domain.
Must I have a domiciliary account before I can list domain or is there a way to bypass this.

@chibenze,yommy123,oladayo042
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chinedulivingstone(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
Chibenze look at this domain were. Nardo's Natural
Company
Nardo's Natural is a family owned organic skin care company headquartered in Clearwater, Florida. U can check it on google this is the name nordosnatural dot com. Pls an waiting for you my oga
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
chinedulivingstone:
Chibenze look at this domain were. Nardo's Natural
Company
Nardo's Natural is a family owned organic skin care company headquartered in Clearwater, Florida. U can check it on google this is the name nordosnatural dot com. Pls an waiting for you my oga
Nardos nd nordos are they thesame, cant u see the difference? Urs is O. If dis is ur reason. This domain is worthless except u have another objective. Good Luck
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Usiyaro(m): 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
2sex:
I just picked up Filming dot io. what do you think?
right from the beginning of this thread I have noticed that if anybody wants to write for domain name he/she owns for the public to see, it's not written in full form ie blablabla.com... Please what's the reason behind it? Are u afraid it might be removed on Nairaland or you might be banned by your parking company for sharing links to your friend/people on public forums to increase traffic<if true that means on any free domain market place forum and emails messages to buyers I would have to manipulate d dot com?> when you email a buyer and manipulate the dot com d name looses class not necessarily means d buyer wouldn't buy but it lacks swags, dnt u tink so too? thank you
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Avalani(m): 4:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hello guys, 3 days ago I registered a domain using $0.99 promo code successfully. That was the first time I would use a promo code for domain registration, and I don't have to tell you guys how pleased I was to see the debit of just 244.47 naira.

However, since then I have been trying to register a new domain name (that I am genuinely excited about with promo codes) but without success. Why is that? Are promo codes one time offers?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by aydj(m): 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
2sex:

I have been reading and learning from this thread and several other sources for about a week now.By the way, I first heard about doamin name business here on Nairaland and I have made lots of research on tips and tools.
I have a quick question and hope you or anyone can provide answers. I understand it's not advisable to register trademark names due to possibilities of law suits and losing money but just curious about this....some domain name brands already have websites running and yet, these names are currently auctioned on some domain name registrar's websites. There are several of them like that. E.g. www.sony.com is running while sony.com domain name is available on auction.
Can anyone explain this? Thanks!
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2015
aydj:

I have been reading and learning from this thread and several other sources for about a week now.By the way, I first heard about doamin name business here on Nairaland and I have made lots of research on tips and tools.
I have a quick question and hope you or anyone can provide answers. I understand it's not advisable to register trademark names due to possibilities of law suits and losing money but just curious about this....some domain name brands already have websites running and yet, these names are currently auctioned on some domain name registrar's websites. There are several of them like that. E.g. www.sony.com is running while sony.com domain name is available on auction.
Can anyone explain this? Thanks!
Can you provide a link to where you saw this happening? It's likely a scam. Do you know what it means to auction a business that has been on for decades, one that has nurtured top music brands and icons such as Michael Jackson et al?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by aydj(m): 5:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
2sex:
Can you provide a link to where you saw this happening? It's likely a scam. Do you know what it means to auction a business that has been on for decades, one that has nurtured top music brands and icons such as Michael Jackson et al?

I am confident this is not a scam...that's why I am confused! I will PM you the site.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Usiyaro:
right from the beginning of this thread I have noticed that if anybody wants to write for domain name he/she owns for the public to see, it's not written in full form ie blablabla.com... Please what's the reason behind it? Are u afraid it might be removed on Nairaland or you might be banned by your parking company for sharing links to your friend/people on public forums to increase traffic<if true that means on any free domain market place forum and emails messages to buyers I would have to manipulate d dot com?> when you email a buyer and manipulate the dot com d name looses class not necessarily means d buyer wouldn't buy but it lacks swags, dnt u tink so too? thank you
Bros, I no understand your question of, but I think I have faint idea what you are inferring.

Well, not revealing the name fully is a personal thing.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by aydj(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
aydj:

I am confident this is not a scam...that's why I am confused! I will PM you the site.

@2sex, i just sent you a request to allow me PM you. tnx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.