Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (568091 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by stechi(m): 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hi gurus in the house, what can i do to sell this domain fast hotelsnearhouston dot com, this is my first domain as a trial in the business and after parking it for some weeks, it recived visits but no click on the advert links before I changed the status to sale. You can visit the domain to have a look.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by tranxo(m): 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
stechi:
Hi gurus in the house, what can i do to sell this domain fast hotelsnearhouston dot com, this is my first domain as a trial in the business and after parking it for some weeks, it recived visits but no click on the advert links before I changed the status to sale. You can visit the domain to have a look.
develop it
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by paulsir: 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
CJCSIGLERC

$0.99 coupon
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dayjeee(m): 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
i hail oo.. pls how much will it cost to build a website on a domain and how do can i use the coupon to buy domains..pls someone should explain...thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Abdulasod: 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
paulsir:
CJCSIGLERC
$0.99 coupon
I've used this type once... Can I use it again?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by jammeyboy(m): 8:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
Abdulasod:
I've used this type once... Can I use it again?
No
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by lekemon(m): 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
Guys what do you think about this JINHUI66 is it a good Chinese LLLLLL+NN
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
lekemon:
Guys what do you think about this JINHUI66 is it a good Chinese LLLLLL+NN

Bro take it easy read and understand domain investment very well, visit forum/blog like namepros to learn.

Back to ur question no value in lllllll+nn

GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
dayjeee:
i hail oo.. pls how much will it cost to build a website on a domain and how do can i use the coupon to buy domains..pls someone should explain...thanks

Let me help with both questions you've posted which apparently has not been replied.
1. You will have to pay domain renewal charges every year on each domain you own. Failure to pay the renewal will lead to the name dropping. Anyone is free to buy the name at that point.

2. How much will it cost to build a website ... It depends. Could be as low as free if you get someone who wants to help you. Averagely it seems its 10k upwards. However, don't go around saying someone said websites are designed for 10k. Personally, I won't design a site for 10k, or even for 25k. So its relative.

I can point you to where you can get sites developed for cheap but I won't. I prefer you to take time to read through all that has been posted by the knowledgeable persons on this thread so you won't waste your money and valuable foreign exchange. When you have read it and understood all, ask questions and more questions. Then you will know what are the best strategies to pursue.

Best wishes*
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by lekemon(m): 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
Chibenze:

Bro take it easy read and understand domain investment very well, visit forum/blog like namepros to learn.

Back to ur question no value in lllllll+nn

GOODLUCK

Oh yeah, learning don't stop. Thanks for the insight.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by GoldStandard: 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
@Cpriest

You sound so confident.

OK, I have 25$ to spare again, would appreciate if you gave me registrars that reg for 5$...

Also, I'm a newbie. Just started domaining late last month & am yet to develop a well defined strategy. Only stuff I do now is pick expiring domains on expireddomains.net and re-register but its damn expensive! Am only doing that cos I read hand regged don't do so well.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 12:51am On Dec 09, 2015
GoldStandard:
@Cpriest

You sound so confident.

OK, I have 25$ to spare again, would appreciate if you gave me registrars that reg for 5$...

Also, I'm a newbie. Just started domaining late last month & am yet to develop a well defined strategy. Only stuff I do now is pick expiring domains on expireddomains.net and re-register but its damn expensive! Am only doing that cos I read hand regged don't do so well.

smiley I am confident when the problem is getting great domain names for your business/investing, when it comes to sales, I am not 'confident'. All I do is list the names on the various aftermarket platforms. But if you are a more aggressive domainer who pushes names on various forums and through emails then you can be sure you will do very well if you have the skill to choose the right names.

"Hand regged" isn't the problem, bad names are. Let me give you examples of these names. Tell me which are likely to do well or not.
DailyTradeSignals.com? StartFlirting.com? SecretAlarm.com? and Acnadiandrugs.com? All these names are dropped names.

Each of these names except one is worth at least $399. And each is sold for about $10. I will advise you take time to develop your own approach to choosing names and even the type of names you will be stocking.

On the $5 reg, Namecheap still sold at $5 yesterday but the sale is off now. Godaddy has coupons for .99, 2.99, and $5. You can only use these coupons once.

Best Wishes*
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by freetimes: 6:40am On Dec 09, 2015
i have this domain for sale.. dairyqueen.org.. if.you want to buy and resell it, contact me Omalejos@gmail.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by yomalex(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2015
Hello Cpriest
what's your take on these affluentgifts.com bestelectronictoys.com fleettrackingservices.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Intelcorei7: 8:04am On Dec 09, 2015
Domain Experts and Gurus in the house should help me confirm what the underlisted domains worth in terms of BUY IT NOW or AUCTION PRICE please. Xmas is approaching na cheesy grin Thanks in advance

havennyc.com
globalcargoshipping.com
cueandtable.com
saltonatale.com
daminus.com
anndress.com
rythmosfm.com
iimfund.com
createvpn.com
healthitguy.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 8:56am On Dec 09, 2015
yomalex:
Hello Cpriest
what's your take on these affluentgifts.com bestelectronictoys.com fleettrackingservices.com

These are all good ones. All you need to consider is how large the market these names target is. Gift business market is large, and that name is niche (affluent category / demography). Could be used as a site or a blog. That's the best. But then fleettrackingservices is ok too, same with bestelectronictoys.com. Bestelectronictoys is a tight niche and is likely going to be a blog that could use it.

So I confirmed with the automated estimators and got this for you and it matched just what I thought about the names.

affluentgifts.com
USD 549

bestelectronictoys.com
USD 449

fleettrackingservices.com
USD 499

Best Wishes *
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by GoldStandard: 9:09am On Dec 09, 2015
CPriest:

smiley I am confident when the problem is getting great domain names for your business/investing, when it comes to sales, I am not 'confident'. All I do is list the names on the various aftermarket platforms. But if you are a more aggressive domainer who pushes names on various forums and through emails then you can be sure you will do very well if you have the skill to choose the right names.
"Hand regged" isn't the problem, bad names are. Let me give you examples of these names. Tell me which are likely to do well or not.
DailyTradeSignals.com? StartFlirting.com? SecretAlarm.com? and Acnadiandrugs.com? All these names are dropped names.
Each of these names except one is worth at least $399. And each is sold for about $10. I will advise you take time to develop your own approach to choosing names and even the type of names you will be stocking.
On the $5 reg, Namecheap still sold at $5 yesterday but the sale is off now. Godaddy has coupons for .99, 2.99, and $5. You can only use these coupons once.
Best Wishes*

Secret alarm, start flirting look good. For acnadian drugs I'd look it up on Google first.

So for this domains, would you just go & reg them without checking Traffic, Pager rank, No of Backlinks, Alexa rank, Global monthly searches using Google keywords tool etc and other important info about the domain?

I've looked up Namecheap, their domains don't meet my search criteria. next step for me now is to probably start backordering through drop catch or pheenix..

Looking forward to your reply, Cheers!
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chuksmad(m): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2015
Hello CPriest, does namecheap offers promocode or coupon?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Intelcorei7: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2015
CPriest:

These are all good ones. All you need to consider is how large the market these names target is. Gift business market is large, and that name is niche (affluent category / demography). Could be used as a site or a blog. That's the best. But then fleettrackingservices is ok too, same with bestelectronictoys.com. Bestelectronictoys is a tight niche and is likely going to be a blog that could use it.

So I confirmed with the automated estimators and got this for you and it matched just what I thought about the names.

affluentgifts.com
USD 549

bestelectronictoys.com
USD 449

USD 499

Best Wishes *

Help me with these @ Cpriest

havennyc.com
globalcargoshipping.com
cueandtable.com
saltonatale.com
daminus.com
anndress.com
rythmosfm.com
iimfund.com
createvpn.com
healthitguy.com

Thanks in advance
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by yomalex(m): 9:32am On Dec 09, 2015
CPriest:

affluentgifts.com
USD 549

bestelectronictoys.com
USD 449

USD 499

Best Wishes *
Thanks so much It's deeply appreciated
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 9:42am On Dec 09, 2015
Intelcorei7:

Help me with these @ Cpriest

havennyc.com
globalcargoshipping.com
cueandtable.com
saltonatale.com
daminus.com
anndress.com
rythmosfm.com
iimfund.com
createvpn.com
healthitguy.com

Thanks in advance

Hi Pal, it takes time to do a manual analysis of the names. But I did an auto appraisal. I hope you know that daminus.de and saltontale.ch is registered. You may have an opportunity there, however if the owners of Saltontale circus don't want that .com, who will want it? My opinion is to go with names that are fairly usable to many. HavenNYC is not bad. I really thought GlobalCargoShipping will be one of the best. I don't know why it was app. at $349. Most of your names are tied to one entity - see AnnDress too. Try to avoid this as it will make you look more like a cybersquatter. And you don't want that. You are a domain investor and not a squatter.

havennyc.com
USD 549

globalcargoshipping.com
USD 349

cueandtable.com
USD 349

saltonatale.com
USD 449

daminus.com
USD 649

anndress.com
USD 499

rythmosfm.com
USD 399

iimfund.com
USD 349

createvpn.com
USD 349

healthitguy.com
USD 349
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 9:45am On Dec 09, 2015
chuksmad:
Hello CPriest, does namecheap offers promocode or coupon?

I think HOLIDAZED should give you a dollar off - you get .com $9.6

Domain.com may be cheaper now. I think. Check in google for their coupon code.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2015
GoldStandard:

Secret alarm, start flirting look good. For acnadian drugs I'd look it up on Google first.

So for this domains, would you just go & reg them without checking Traffic, Pager rank, No of Backlinks, Alexa rank, Global monthly searches using Google keywords tool etc and other important info about the domain?

I've looked up Namecheap, their domains don't meet my search criteria. next step for me now is to probably start backordering through drop catch or pheenix..

Looking forward to your reply, Cheers!

You won't believe I don't do all those traffic, PR, ... stuff. The main thing I am concerned about is ensuring it is a sweet domain name, and that it has not been used in spamming etc. Maybe it is because we deal with strictly business names. Also I have a mind tuned to and use a set of rules to choose names.

That acnadian name to me is a bad name. I added it to illustrate a point.

I don't understand your point at Namecheap. I hope you aren't referring to their market. I only said to use namecheap to register .com domains at normal prices and not buying premium names there.

Why do you want to backorder? If it is not a domain name that will end up as thousands of dollars worth, I don't think backordering is a great idea. There are so many good names that you can get through other means.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Intelcorei7: 11:07am On Dec 09, 2015
CPriest:

Hi Pal, it takes time to do a manual analysis of the names. But I did an auto appraisal. I hope you know that daminus.de and saltontale.ch is registered. You may have an opportunity there, however if the owners of Saltontale circus don't want that .com, who will want it? My opinion is to go with names that are fairly usable to many. HavenNYC is not bad. I really thought GlobalCargoShipping will be one of the best. I don't know why it was app. at $349. Most of your names are tied to one entity - see AnnDress too. Try to avoid this as it will make you look more like a cybersquatter. And you don't want that. You are a domain investor and not a squatter.

havennyc.com
USD 549

globalcargoshipping.com
USD 349

cueandtable.com
USD 349

saltonatale.com
USD 449

daminus.com
USD 649

anndress.com
USD 499

rythmosfm.com
USD 399

iimfund.com
USD 349

createvpn.com
USD 349

healthitguy.com
USD 349

Thank you sir but can you help me with the analysis tool you used to avoid being spoon-fed everytime
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by tranxo(m): 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
Intelcorei7:

Thank you sir but can you help me with the analysis tool you used to avoid being spoon-fed everytime
CPriest stay away from auto appraisals.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Generalkorex(m): 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2015
please who can help me auction my domain names even if it is $1 I'v learnt my lesson now.
Please help me.
All d domain are registered on godaddy. Its hard for me to navigate through namepros on my java phone please help me sir.
The names are
www.apkdam.com,adroiddam.com,justfootballgist.com,blackebonyboob.com
thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by GoldStandard: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2015
CPriest:

You won't believe I don't do all those traffic, PR, ... stuff. The main thing I am concerned about is ensuring it is a sweet domain name, and that it has not been used in spamming etc. Maybe it is because we deal with strictly business names. Also I have a mind tuned to and use a set of rules to choose names.

I don't understand your point at Namecheap. I hope you aren't referring to their market. I only said to use namecheap to register .com domains at normal prices and not buying premium names there.

Why do you want to backorder? If it is not a domain name that will end up as thousands of dollars worth, I don't think backordering is a great idea. There are so many good names that you can get through other means.

Wow... Interesting!!! Most domainers place emphasis on those criterion like their domaining life depended on it.

What SET OF RULES do you use in choosing this business like domains, mind mentioning a few

I meant i couldn't find business-like domains on namecheap!
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chuksmad(m): 3:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
Generalkorex:
please who can help me auction my domain names even if it is $1 I'v learnt my lesson now.
Please help me.
All d domain are registered on godaddy. Its hard for me to navigate through namepros on my java phone please help me sir.
The names are
www.apkdam.com,adroiddam.com,justfootballgist.com,blackebonyboob.com
thanks
First you have to register with namepros, after that open your account, go to sell domains, then auction your domain. As easy as abc
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ken4jj(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
CPriest:

Please can you explain the concept of backordering. What is the procedure like? How is it done. Thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Generalkorex(m): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
chuksmad:

First you have to register with namepros, after that open your account, go to sell domains, then auction your domain. As easy as abc
i knew its as easy as that
I already have an account with namepros.
But I found it hard to navigate dats why.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2015
ken4jj:

Please can you explain the concept of backordering. What is the procedure like? How is it done. Thanks

After registering a domain name, the buyer must repeat the payment yearly. If after one year buyer doesn't pay the domain renewal fees, the name will eventually be withdrawn and then it is open for anyone to register.

But then many other parties may be interested in acquiring that name especially if it has some value. So they move on to backorder it before it gets deleted. Backordering it is like fighting to be the first to grab the name.

Don't forget to share what you know with others - freely you get, freely you should give (even if you paid to get it)

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dayjeee(m): 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
cpriest tanks for the reply..

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.