Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Mobile Webpage: Is It Part Of The Webdesign Package? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mobile Webpage: Is It Part Of The Webdesign Package? (549 Views)

Help! How To Pull Data From Database And Display On A Webpage / Converting Html/webpage To Pdf With Php, Asp.net, Java And Others / Inserting Hit Counter And Analogue Clock On Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Webpage: Is It Part Of The Webdesign Package? by Cool: 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2013
I'm taking my business online and want my webpage to be enabled for use on mobile electronics e.g. phones, ipad etc.

Is this functionality an integral part of web design or a separate package?

Thank you.

Cool.
Re: Mobile Webpage: Is It Part Of The Webdesign Package? by Cool: 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
Oh my!

Is this a trade secret?
Re: Mobile Webpage: Is It Part Of The Webdesign Package? by yawatide(f): 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2013
Your website is automatically configured to work on mobile devices though the experience might differ considerably b/w desktop and mobile and b/w various mobile devices.

If you want to create a mobile-specific solution, you can look at jQuery Mobile or Twitter Bootstrap. For the former, you will need to have a separate mobile site (abc.com/mobile or m.abc.com) while for the latter, you are using what is called Responsive Web Design (RWD) to present the same content in different ways, depending on the device the user views your site with.

Since i don't like repetition, I would personally recommend you learn a technology like Twitter Bootstrap. This way, you don't have to worry about managing content in more than one place.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Mobile Webpage: Is It Part Of The Webdesign Package? by Cool: 9:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
Thanks yawa-ti-de.
Now I know I can have both in one package!
Re: Mobile Webpage: Is It Part Of The Webdesign Package? by yawatide(f): 10:31am On Mar 29, 2013
You sure can. This is why you should have a good web strategy up front, one in which you plan for everything (desktop, mobile, seo, etc) before you even start. Generally speaking, retrofitting is often a difficult task.

(1) (Reply)

Online Biz Xposed! / 8 Recommended Wordpress Plugins To Power Up Your Blog / Earnin $20 On Nairaland???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.