Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam (21934 Views)

For Husband And Wife: 17 Tips For A Happy Home / Role Of A Wife In Islam / Duties Of Brotherhood In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
JallowBah: Thank you very much, OP smiley

I have decided to go out and buy my first Quran. In english or my native language, though, since I do not speak or read arabic.

interesting...
Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by maclatunji: 12:31am On Apr 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

interesting...

I know you have been studying Islam too. Just learn without prejudice. You will be better for it.
Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 06, 2013
maclatunji:

I know you have been studying Islam too. Just learn without prejudice. You will be better for it.

To be honest the actions of many Muslims I know personally have turned me off from the religion.

Which reminds me, does the Qu'ran have a passage about the punishment of people who commit sinful acts daily but still find time to pretend to be Muslim @ Mosques? I know in Christianity there is a line that goes: "Woe be onto those who lead my people astray"...is this the case for Islam?

Because if it is, I know quite a few people who won't get to make it to "Jannah" lolz.
Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by maclatunji: 6:17am On Apr 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

To be honest the actions of many Muslims I know personally have turned me off from the religion.

Which reminds me, does the Qu'ran have a passage about the punishment of people who commit sinful acts daily but still find time to pretend to be Muslim @ Mosques? I know in Christianity there is a line that goes: "Woe be onto those who lead my people astray"...is this the case for Islam?

Because if it is, I know quite a few people who won't get to make it to "Jannah" lolz.

Yes, such people are hypocrites and will be at the bottom of hell. Why? Hell is a place of total misery (May God protect us from it). If unbelievers in hell were to see such so-called Islamic scholars with them, they would have some satisfaction that they have company with "Muslims" who are hypocrites. And because hell is not a place to derive satisfaction from, such hypocrites will be put at the bottom of hell where the unbelievers won't be able to see them.

an-Nisa` 4:145
The Hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of
the Fire: no helper wilt thou find for them

Read more here about issues related to your question. http://www.islamhelpline.com/node/8032Y

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Sincere questions are always welcome. If I don't answer, some other Muslim will God-willing.

1 Like

Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by JallowBah(f): 4:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

interesting...

Why?
Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
maclatunji:

Yes, such people are hypocrites and will be at the bottom of hell. Why? Hell is a place of total misery (May God protect us from it). If unbelievers in hell were to see such so-called Islamic scholars with them, they would have some satisfaction that they have company with "Muslims" who are hypocrites. And because hell is not a place to derive satisfaction from, such hypocrites will be put at the bottom of hell where the unbelievers won't be able to see them.

an-Nisa` 4:145
The Hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of
the Fire: no helper wilt thou find for them

Read more here about issues related to your question. http://www.islamhelpline.com/node/8032Y

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Sincere questions are always welcome. If I don't answer, some other Muslim will God-willing.

so in other words,
a Muslim who knows better but refuses to do better in the eyes of Allah is an even bigger sinner than one who knows of Allah but does not accept him? Interesting.

I guess that is my problem with religion is people who claim to be die-hard followers of any given lifestyle/belief but still go against their teachings. But then again, I also know some who are very honest, responsible and tolerant of others.

For example, I have a very good friend (former NLDer) who is Muslim. He's very humble and extremely understanding. I had this very conversation with him last night and his words were so powerful I had to jot them down! grin

He said:
You don't hate the religon. The Islam never teaches you to treat people like that
You can only JUDGE the individual...and that has nothing to with Islam but his attitude being a human.

You are both right. So with that said, I am willing to see things the way you do and would be very happy to take up your offer of learning about "modern" Islamic views, and most importantly I will do so without prejudice.
Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
JallowBah:

Why?

I never knew you were interest in Islam
(I never thought you were religious at all tbh).
Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by maclatunji: 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

so in other words,
a Muslim who knows better but refuses to do better in the eyes of Allah is an even bigger sinner than one who knows of Allah but does not accept him? Interesting.

I guess that is my problem with religion is people who claim to be die-hard followers of any given lifestyle/belief but still go against their teachings. But then again, I also know some who are very honest, responsible and tolerant of others.

For example, I have a very good friend (former NLDer) who is Muslim. He's very humble and extremely understanding. I had this very conversation with him last night and his words were so powerful I had to jot them down! grin

He said:

You are both right. So with that said, I am willing to see things the way you do and would be very happy to take up your offer of learning about "modern" Islamic views, and most importantly I will do so without prejudice.

Quite intelligent analysis, you got my point. I was a trifle bit afraid you would not get it because it takes some degree of insight to understand at first reading.

1 Like

Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
maclatunji:

Quite intelligent analysis, you got my point. I was a trifle bit afraid you would not get it because it takes some degree of insight to understand at first reading.

smiley smiley

yeah. it's only right.
Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by JallowBah(f): 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

I never knew you were interest in Islam
(I never thought you were religious at all tbh).

Ah. Well, I am. smiley
I do believe, after reading the whole bible many years back, and starting with the Quran now, Islam is closest to how I view many things in life. But, then again, much is about how you interpret it.

1 Like

Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by tbaba1234: 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
JallowBah:

Ah. Well, I am. smiley
I do believe, after reading the whole bible many years back, and starting with the Quran now, Islam is closest to how I view many things in life. But, then again, much is about how you interpret it.

You might be interested in this thread:

A Journey Through The Quran.... The Amazing Quran Season 2...

https://www.nairaland.com/1007823/journey-through-quran-amazing-quran

if you have any questions regarding your study of Islam or the thread. Send me an email: tbaba1234@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by tpia5: 4:39am On Nov 23, 2013
well, i was checking some other threads on the subject but this one is less controversial.

@ topic.
Re: Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam by golpen(m): 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
Every of this post is just on point, may almighty ALLAH reward the poster abundantly.

A point that got me attention is the house keeping aspect. Many ladies are of the opinion that it is not part of the duties of the wife to cook for her husband, claiming it is not found anywhere in the quran or hadith that a woman should cook. But aside the logical reasoning, it is not found in the sunnah or practice of the companions to cook because the wife wouldn't.

May ALLAH help the nation of islam. Amin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Islamic View On Aje? / Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque / Ruling On Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian NY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.