Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Good Friday. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday. (4506 Views)

Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria / Eating Meat On Good Friday! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Friday. by babadey(m): 9:14am On Mar 29, 2013
Prince of peace,rose of sharon,the lamb,the saviour,the parable rabbi,the right hand and marvellous J.
Re: Good Friday. by NoContract(m): 9:16am On Mar 29, 2013
What is good about this friday?
Re: Good Friday. by Richieboyn: 9:20am On Mar 29, 2013
koksybrown: I still dont understand why its termed "Good Friday"

Read the last paragraph of the post to understand.
Re: Good Friday. by Richieboyn: 9:27am On Mar 29, 2013
NoContract: What is good about this friday?
Read last paragraph.
Re: Good Friday. by hassymo5(m): 9:27am On Mar 29, 2013
Segeggs: With all he went through,its funny how catholics neglect him to pray to his mother mary that couldnt do anything to save him.

*SUSPECTED TRUTH SPOKEN*

But u respect ur mother who gave birth to you, but u find it difficult to honour the mother of jesus... as catholics we honour her cos she deserve it...she gave birth to the messiah, we do not worship her bt we worship God thru his son jesus!!!!
Re: Good Friday. by BestmanNnamdi(m): 9:48am On Mar 29, 2013
Segeggs: With all he went through,its funny how catholics neglect him to pray to his mother mary that couldnt do anything to save him.

*SUSPECTED TRUTH SPOKEN*
Human thoughts are quite different from His thought.Please consult your bible, God knew that His Son Jesus will be crucified, even Jesus allowed that to happen just to save you and I. Since, He is the Christ, He would not have allowed those tribulations and torchure come to pass.
please, we catholics only HONOR Mary, we do not Worship her.
Re: Good Friday. by Nwogbe: 10:00am On Mar 29, 2013
Traffic want kill me yesterday form Nacho down to ikeja then to iyana paja making me sick now. So if i may say, today is bad friday.
Re: Good Friday. by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 29, 2013
mollytinrox: Dear Father,

Light of the world who stepped down into darkness, in whom my hope is found, now and for years to come, take to the cross with you my pride, attitude, lousiness, ailments, woes, bitchiness, sickness and shame.
As you rise up on the 3rd day, grant me life renewed, a better sense of purpose, fulfillment and contentment.
Thank you Lord.
Re: Good Friday. by AMossley(m): 10:09am On Mar 29, 2013
His birth has put an end to our death
His coming has erased our shortcomings
He gave himself as an offering so as to end our suffering
Re: Good Friday. by Revolva(m): 10:11am On Mar 29, 2013
Good friday !!! Can some one tell me what's good when all I see is a white jesus..when he was never white
Re: Good Friday. by TableLeg(m): 10:25am On Mar 29, 2013
OK
Re: Good Friday. by Cine(m): 11:43am On Mar 29, 2013
Someone explain to me, I still don't quite understand how Jesus died for us or me.
Re: Good Friday. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
hassymo5:

But u respect ur mother who gave birth to you, but u find it difficult to honour the mother of jesus... as catholics we honour her cos she deserve it...she gave birth to the messiah, we do not worship her bt we worship God thru his son jesus!!!!
i respect my mother but i dont equate her with jesus like you do mary, making beads like buddhists u call rosary,praying to her statue and calling her name more than you call christ's.
Re: Good Friday. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
Bestman Nnamdi:
Human thoughts are quite different from His thought.Please consult your bible, God knew that His Son Jesus will be crucified, even Jesus allowed that to happen just to save you and I. Since, He is the Christ, He would not have allowed those tribulations and torchure come to pass.
please, we catholics only HONOR Mary, we do not Worship her.
if u study ur bible very well u'll realise d grave error in ur pagan believe.
Re: Good Friday. by chuqudy(m): 1:17pm On Mar 29, 2013
Segeggs: i respect my mother but i dont equate her with jesus like you do mary, making beads like buddhists u call rosary,praying to her statue and calling her name more than you call christ's.

Saying that Catholics equate Mary with Jesus is a false accusation and is the same thing as failing the 4th commandment(do not bear false witness against your fellow human being). This false accusation is what will put many non Catholics into trouble one day. Moreover, the number of times you pray to someone or seeks someone's assistance does not determine how great that person is. You might seek your pastors assistance in prayer than you have personally prayed to God. That does not mean that you see your pastor as a greater person than God. Christians generally pray to Jesus Christ and call His name than His father. Muslims and some "Christians" like Jehovah "Witnesses" criticize this and see the act of praying to Jesus as idolatry. What can you tell such people? Don't tell me that they are non believers in order to run away from my question.
Re: Good Friday. by chuqudy(m): 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
Segeggs: if u study ur bible very well u'll realise d grave error in ur pagan believe.
What do u know about the bible? Who compiled the bible? The problem with you guys is that you see no need of studying the history of Christianity from the first century till today. Try and read about the full history of Christianity. That would not necessarily make you convert to Catholicism but at least it will help you to have some respect for the Mother of Jesus Christ and Catholicism. You can see that in all encyclopedias. These are just but a few.

See [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Virgin_Mary_%28Roman_Catholic%29[/url], http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Fatima, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_in_Islam, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible
Re: Good Friday. by Jerryjat(m): 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
mollytinrox: Dear Father,

Light of the world who stepped down into darkness, in whom my hope is found, now and for years to come, take to the cross with you my pride, attitude, lousiness, ailments, woes, bitchiness, sickness and shame.
As you rise up on the 3rd day, grant me life renewed, a better sense of purpose, fulfillment and contentment.
Thank you Lord.

AMEN...
Re: Good Friday. by Jerryjat(m): 2:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
MY SAVIOR,
MY HELPER,
MY LORD AND MY GOD,
MY ALPHA AND OMEGA,
MY BEGINNING AND MY END,
MY CREATOR,
THE ONLY REASON AM ALIVE...

LET EVERY BREATH, ALL THAT I HAVE... NEVER SIZE TO WORSHIP YOU...

HAVE MERCY ON ME LORD...

HAVE MERCY...

Re: Good Friday. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2013

*SUSPECTED TRUTH SPOKEN*
If he is indeed the God you call him,then he could have saved himself rather than Mary as u have said.
Re: Good Friday. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
Catholics compiled a book that contradicts them grin
Re: Good Friday. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
akthedream: If he is indeed the God you call him,then he could have saved himself rather than Mary as u have said.
the mission wasnt to save himself but to save you and i.
Re: Good Friday. by Pque(m): 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2013
akthedream: If he is indeed the God you call him,then he could have saved himself rather than Mary as u have said.

should I call u an ignorant man? Well, He can save himself but He will not save himself. Do u know why? Becos, His death on the cross of calvary is His main mission on earth, d main reason while a king of d world based in heaven subjected himself as a slave nd servant for the world on earth to die for the world. Can u now see that is death is nd must be very very important 4 d world.
Furthermore, the comming of d king nd d subsequent persecution nd death of d king on earth is a fulfilment of past prophecies of great prophet dat a king is comming to lay his life for the world.
No other blood is worth the price of eternal freedom nd salvation but only d blood of d King is worth d price. That was why the King must b use as a sacrifice in d image nd form of man to atone for the sins of man nd d world. Only d pure nd holy blood of d King can pay d price for d world. This is d reason He is called d 'lamb' of d world. Animal was being used as a sacrifice to God in time past but d one time big sacrifice of 'd lamb' save us d trouble of killing animal everytime. The one time big sacrifice encapsulate all forms of further sacrifice. "FOR GOD SO LOVE D WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE" Jhn 3 :16. His mission on earth as a sacrifice for human race was nt complete until He raised on d third day from d dead and death was rendered powerless and He took from death d key to d dungeon of death nd death henceforth has been rendered powerless over those who believe in Him.
In this generation, some men is said to have 4 jets while a fellow man walk about in hunger not being able to avoid 3 to 2 meals per day, a senator recently was said to give out a gift of 47 million naira car to a fellow weathy man while a fellow man take N19000 naira as salary per month. What a pity and injustice. Do u think Jesus was drunk when he said to a wealthy man b4 he will gain heaven, give ur wealth\estate to d poor (probably becos he was corrupt. I don't think he was even corrupt at all). I have only said my own. God respects his word than his name and d word of God wil never nd ever bow to no one..... My respect to d men of God.
Re: Good Friday. by Richieboyn: 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
Segeggs: i respect my mother but i dont equate her with jesus like you do mary, making beads like buddhists u call rosary,praying to her statue and calling her name more than you call christ's.

Stop being a mumu. Nobody equates Mary with Christ.
Re: Good Friday. by NoProphecy: 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
?
Re: Good Friday. by italo: 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
Tomorrow, I will upload pictures of The Good Friday procession at St. Dominic's, Yaba. Beautifully dramatized.

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Is Wicked- We Are Nothing But Spectacle In The Eyes Of The Lord / Omg! So There Is Really A God? / See If You Can Find 22 Books Of The Bible Hidden In This Thread!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.