Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? (1223 Views)

Any Biblical Prove On Suicide Being A Sin? / Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? by ojeniyi1: 7:20am On Mar 29, 2013
I'm always curious to know if easter celebration has ever been validated in the holy bible. Has any of jesus' disciples ever observed easter celebration in the bible after the death of jesus christ. I want people with larger biblical mind to enlighten me so as to enlighten others about the importance of easter celebration using important bible verse(s) to buttress my point(s).
Re: Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? by AK481(m): 8:23am On Mar 29, 2013
ojeniyi.:
I'm always curious to know if easter celebration has ever been validated in the holy bible. Has any of jesus' disciples ever observed easter celebration in the bible after the death of jesus christ. I want people with larger biblical mind to enlighten me so as to enlighten others about the importance of easter celebration using important bible verse(s) to buttress my point(s).

Ojeniyi in igbo language means someone that has gone in vain,a wasteful human being.

Is it the bible that was cannonised and compiled by the catholic for all christainity u re refering to or what.
Re: Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? by italo: 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
Luke 24:41 "And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence."

John 20:20 "After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord."

That is the account of the first Easter.

What is wrong in it if we have chosen a day out of 365 to be OVERJOYED and AMAZED because we know that the Lord has risen and conquered death?
Re: Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
^
*SUSPECTED PAGAN IGNORED*

1 Like

Re: Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
Segeggs: ^
*SUSPECTED PAGAN IGNORED*
devil incannate
Re: Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
egbe4real: devil incannate
wrong spelling means am not.
Re: Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? by ojeniyi1: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
@ italo, I have checked that bible verse on my cellphone, is there any other verse where easter is being celebrated apart from luke24?
Re: Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? by italo: 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2013
ojeniyi.:
@ italo, I have checked that bible verse on my cellphone, is there any other verse where easter is being celebrated apart from luke24?

Yes. John 20:20, in my last post.

But the essence of my post is to show you that the reason for our celebration is that Christ rises from the dead and conquers death.

The apostles were OVERJOYED.

Is it a sin if we too choose one day out of 365 to celebrate our risen saviour?

How many verses do you need to see to know that there is nothing wrong in celebrating Easter? 100?
Re: Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
italo:

Yes. John 20:20, in my last post.

But the essence of my post is to show you that the reason for our celebration is that Christ rises from the dead and conquers death.

The apostles were OVERJOYED.

Is it a sin if we too choose one day out of 365 to celebrate our risen saviour?

How many verses do you need to see to know that there is nothing wrong in celebrating Easter? 100?
the verse u quoted never said they celebrated easter, pls stop twisting d bible. They were only overjoyed. Abi,since when did overjoy begin 2 mean easter? Easter or ishtar is pagan.
Re: Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? by italo: 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
*LUNATIC IGNORED*

(1) (Reply)

A Touching Story About Jehovah Witnesses And Blood Transfusion / Illuminati Is Real,(history,members And Signs / Is Killing A Fly Or Mosquito Murder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.