Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. (11885 Views)

Babies Will End in Hell! - Biblical proof / Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by uhuogba(m): 9:26am On Sep 22, 2013
To the pastors,
Christian elders,
Everyone in the house,

Any biblical proof that suicide is a Sin?

Happy sunday to you all!

1 Like

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by nedu2000(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2013
uhuogba: To the pastors,
Christian elders,
Everyone in the house,

Happy sunday to you all!
the bible says 'thou shall not KILL'.....killing one's self is killing isn't it?or ur definition of suicide is d same as PEJ own!! grin "its better 2 commit suicide than to kill one's self"

8 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by uhuogba(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2013
I think "Thou shall not kill" means don't kill your fellow human.( Gi egbula ochu in igbo) Going by your argument then "thou shall not kill" means don't kill anything!
Don't you think so?
Is there any other citation that is specific about suicide?

3 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by djeezy(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2013
Taking of something which does not belong to you is a sin. It is tantamount to suicide, the life does not belong to you. Biblically, the bible said, thou shalt not kill. This envisages suicide. Any form of killing is a sin whether self or another. If it wasn't a sin, majority will make heaven. REPENT AND COMMIT SUICIDE.lol

9 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Diamondwriter(m): 10:51am On Sep 22, 2013
Judas...
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by searchcorp(m): 10:51am On Sep 22, 2013
nobody said it was a sin...

Besides if it was i wouldn't know, since i am not planning on being sin conscious, I intend to be conscious of the things that are righteous, pure, of good virtue - Phil 4:19 8

2 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Iykedaprince(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2013
All d posters above are right. Killing is killing.....its a Sin.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by koolet: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2013
Sucide is a broad statement which could occur in many ways.. Christ knows hes gonna be killed on earth bt he came and sacrificed himself, U see datz sucidal....

Btw na u get urself, instead of killing others, just kindly yaself... But to me, its an earthly sanitation, a better means of slowpoke eradicating themselves

3 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by colombiana: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2013
uhuogba: I think "Thou shall not kill" means don't kill your fellow human.( Gi egbula ochu in igbo) Going by your argument then "thou shall not kill" means don't kill anything!
Don't you think so?
Is there any other citation that is specific about suicide?
don't kill anything!!!!! Bros calm down na. So all all of wen dey kill chicken, goats, ram, cow we dey commit sin. Chai that time for benin I kill lizards well well with my catapult.

5 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by GoodlukJonathan: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2013
End things of time

3 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by redcliff: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2013
There's no doubt that suicide is a terrible tragedy. For a Christian it is an even greater tragedy because it is a waste of a life that God intended to use in a glorious way.It would be difficult to argue that suicide is not a sin, for it is the taking of a human life, or to put it bluntly, murder. The Bible clearly expresses the sanctity of human life (Exodus 20:13). God is the author of life, thus, the giving and taking of life ought to remain in his hands (Job 1:21).

1 Corinthians 3:17 
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

6 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by bookface: 10:56am On Sep 22, 2013
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Mayor38(m): 10:57am On Sep 22, 2013
Wait first hope say I made first page... grin grin grin.

Space for sale.

Come first for why I go kill myself? Wen my First Lady say e beta to commit suicide

Laughing in japanise tongue
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by eduson33(m): 10:58am On Sep 22, 2013
Galatians 3:13 (KJ21) | In Context | Whole Chapter

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is every one who hangeth on a tree”),

Exodus 20:13 ESV / 17 helpful votes

“You shall not murder.
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2013
@Op So u want comit sucide cry make thunder fire me, if i wage u back embarassed

1 Like

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by alfredo4u(m): 11:01am On Sep 22, 2013
e b like say ur BRAIN IS LINKING U to what is happening in nairobi and syria.

may God forgive u

u r trying ur God ko.

If i may ask, r u a christian or a muslim.

Our bible said, thou shall not kill.

R u a learner?

2 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 22, 2013
Exod. 20:13; Deut 5:17 - "You shall not murder"
Deut. 30:19 - "choose life in order that you may live..."
Job 1:21 - "the Lord gave and the Lord has taken away"
Acts 16:27,28 - "jailer was about to kill himself, but Paul said, 'Do yourself no harm..."
I Cor. 6:19 - "your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you...you are not your own"
Eph. 5:29 - "no man ever hated his own flesh"
I Jn. 3:15 - "no murderer has eternal life abiding in him"
Are you planning to kill yourself? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by homesteady(m): 11:03am On Sep 22, 2013
spongeback: Exod. 20:13; Deut 5:17 - "You shall not murder"
Acts 16:27,28 - "jailer was about to kill himself, but Paul said, 'Do yourself no harm..."
I Cor. 6:19 - "your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you...you are not your own"
Is this another spongeback cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Judas2013: 11:04am On Sep 22, 2013
uhuogba: To the pastors,
Christian elders,
Everyone in the house,

Happy sunday to you all!

There is no such thing as sin. Sin is a word created by human. I would rather use the word ignorance

However sucide in general is running away from something that they have not been taught they have the power to deal with. A conscious suicide 99.99999 percent of the time will reintroduce themselves reincarnationally almost immediately back into the society, and will introduce themselves into a situation that is almost identical to the one they ran away from.

I think letting them know that they will automatically be back to complete to that situation/ task will produce a very interesting reaction. Will he/she still want to go ahead if it becomes obvious that life is a cycle and every stage must be completed? Let them know that they are creators, and that what they are feeling is simply because they have chosen to buy into religious beliefs systems that have forced them to believe that they have no power, that they have no say, that they have no control. Get them in touch with their beliefs about life, and allow them to redefine those beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 22, 2013
Qur’an 6:151 says, “and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, save lawfully.” (i.e. murder is forbidden but the death penalty imposed by the state for a crime is permitted).

Quran 5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.”

2 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Zumarocket(f): 11:04am On Sep 22, 2013
i[size=30pt] rather kill my self dan commit sucide[/size]
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by ROCKJ1(m): 11:05am On Sep 22, 2013
This is also suicide...

2 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by japhmanuel: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2013
First person to commit suicide in the Bible is Saul...read around Samuel or the part of their David
Anybody way do suicide na hell straight

1 Like

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 22, 2013
If its yours to take at will. You shouldn't have come anyways
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Bams95: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2013
the bible says thou shall not comit murder.killing yourself is murder.moreover u dont av d spiritual right to take your own life because it wasnt created by u in d first place.if u do,the devil will be smilling while he prepairs d hotest place in Hell for you.
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by DJDOLA(m): 11:10am On Sep 22, 2013
I hope d op is not trying 2 commit suicide dis morin oooo somebody should locate him fast before is 2 late

1 Like

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by mikydion: 11:10am On Sep 22, 2013
Thou shall not kill simple
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by pareto(m): 11:11am On Sep 22, 2013
@op, Are you contemplating suicide?
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by AbuMikey(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2013
spongeback: Exod. 20:13; Deut 5:17 - "You shall not murder"
Shuuuuuu!!!! shocked shocked See Spongeback dey quote bible verses oo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by GSKing: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2013
There was more i could give to the world, i thought. Instead of taking my own life, i would prove people wrong someday, how i plan to do that, i dont know. That was my resolution after my upteenth suicide attempt.

1 Like

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by tolurainbow(m): 11:17am On Sep 22, 2013
Suicide is a first class sin 2 ma own perspective even in d bible...pls any news abt d ASUU strike n Jona sacking transfer window hope is nut close often more 2 be sack...
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by pareto(m): 11:17am On Sep 22, 2013
Zumarocket: i[size=30pt] rather kill my self dan commit sucide[/size]
okay, suicide is hanging yourself to a tree or ceiling. While killing yourself is by gun, knife and poison. Naija version.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Ways To Render Acceptable Service To God / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night / Attention!!! Strictly For Christians!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.