Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! (4462 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / How Many Sons Did Abraham Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by christemmbassey(m): 9:32am On Mar 29, 2013
One mistake leads to the others. The problem of the church today is, many peole who occupy leadership positions are ppl 'who dont know' and this shows up in the life of assumptions in the body of Christ. Ppl still feel obligated to pay tithe, do child dedication, do 'church' wedding, go to mountain/Jerusalem or other special places to pray , and most of the time do or say something that will connect them to Abraham for them to be blessed, some say, i pay my tithe because my father Abraham paid tithe and was blessed by Melchizedek. Well , my fellow christians, Abraham is the father of the jews AND NOT OUR(CHRISTIANS) father. .....to be continued
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by christemmbassey(m): 10:17am On Mar 29, 2013
The bible divides human existence into four DISPENSATIONS. - 1. Life/pre-disobedience, from Gen1:27 to Gen3:5. In this dispensation, man lived the life of God, Gen 2:7-And lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of LIFE and man became a living soul (kjv) man did not have to pay tithe, sacrifice anything to get biessed but was in control of God's creation -GEN 1:28-31, also man was incharge of God's blessings- Gen1:19-20. So in the 1st dispensation, man reigned.. To be continued....
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 29, 2013
Thank you Jare.

Our Father is GOD , end of...
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by christemmbassey(m): 10:55am On Mar 29, 2013
2. The 2nd dispensation is what i call 'DEATH' era or pre-law dispensation, starts from Gen 3:6-man died the moment he disobeyed God(And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food , and it was pleasant to the eyes and a tree to be desired to make one wise , she took of the fruit thereof , and did eat and gave also to her husband with her and he did eat. Kjv) to Exodus 19,-this was b4 the law was introduced. In this era , DEATH was the master, thats why the bible says in Romans 5:14 that death reigned from Adam(Gen 3::6) to Moses(Exodus 19),, man was at the mercy of death, no advocate, no intercessor . Adam and all humanity, including, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all the children of Isreal b4 Moses recieved the law,were governed by death. Infact this was the worst era in human existence. You can kill, be killed, commit any type of attrocity. anomie and anachy was the order of those days. This was why man started to look for a way out, he started looking for God and help in various ways tro animal sacrifices, paymeents in dif forms and worshiping of dif gods etc just so that he can have reprive from death. To be continued
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by christemmbassey(m): 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
3. The next dispensation is 'LAW', from Exodus 20 to the death of Jesus. During this era, everything was done according to the law, the law was the master, the ruler, it establishes the levitical priesthood, about 613 laws were introducd, Exodus 20,, laws about servantr ex21, murders and striffs, properties, perronal actions ex22, sabbath, appointed feasts ex23, offerings, skin diseases, uncleaness, se.xual relationships, tithes, military services, witness etc it was called 'the LAW of sin and death', for as long as one was able to keep the law, he will have reprieve from death, but as it was the case they failed, with all the provisions in ordinancies, various washings, animal sacrifices, all levitical priesthood activities, they still failed, but even with that, this dispensation of the law was better than the former dispensation of death under which the fallen Adam, Abraham etc lived. Continues next.....
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by christemmbassey(m): 7:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
4. the 4th and final is what we all know as the dispensation of GRACE. made possible by the death of Jesus christ so that anyman who believes in him will regain all that he lost at Gen3;6. read john3:16, here man returns to his original position of life and rulership, 1john5;10-13, Rome5:12-21.
Here just like Adam, man has been recreated, eph2:10 to function at the original level God designed him. he doesnt need to pay tithe, sacrifice animals, or perform any obligated task or ritual to get blessed. continues shOrtty.......
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Goshen360(m): 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
Man of God, I will join you....just busy this week. Keep doing the good work sir.
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Willzkid(m): 10:00am On Mar 30, 2013
Why not just write your bibles and scrap off Galatians 3.......
Knowledge truly puffeth
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 30, 2013
Good morning Christem,

As a member of the mystical body of Christ, I have to say that the way some of you pass of your private interpretations of sacred scriptures as truths is becoming very alarming.

If you as an individual want to go without having a Christian wedding, not pay tithe, decides that Abraham is not your father in faith, then I won't have an ish with it but to attempt to present these as something that should be applicable to every Christian is not appropriate.

I am a Christian, I am a Catholic Christian and I believe firmly that anyone who WANTS to, can pay tithe without feeling any obligation, I believe firmly that supporting the church with our time, talents and treasures is very important, I believe firmly that going to bless a union in Church is a very good practice and I believe firmly that Abraham is my father in faith.

#Its high time we taught love of God an neighbour and not some personal interpretation of sacred scriptures.

Thank you!
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Willzkid(m): 11:30am On Mar 30, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning Christem,

As a member of the mystical body of Christ, I have to say that the way some of you pass of your private interpretations of sacred scriptures as truths is becoming very alarming.

If you as an individual wants to go without having a Christian wedding, not pay tithe, decides that Abraham is not your father in faith, then I won't have an ish with it but to attempt to present these as something that should be applicable to every Christian is not appropriate.

I am a Christian, I am a Catholic Christian and I believe firmly that anyone who WANTS to can pay tithe without feeling any obligation, I believe firmly that supporting the church with our time, talents and treasures is very important, I believe firmly that going to bless a union in Church is a very good) practice and I believe firmly that Abraham is my father in faith.

#Its high time we taught love of God an neighbour and not some personal interpretation of sacred scriptures.

Thank you!
Gbam......I'm not a catholic but I endorse your stand 100 percent
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by wazobiaforu(m): 11:54am On Mar 30, 2013
My dear brother, you will do alot of condemnation if you want to be interpreting the Bible with the way you just started.

You are here nullifying Abraham but promoting Paul, if we are to rank them according to relationship with God, will you pick Paul before Abraham?

You may soon nullify Adam because Adam make sex and i dont think Jesus did according to Bible

Abraham is one of the foundation of faith
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Image123(m): 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
what? in the name of antitithe? is this?

1 Like

Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Image123(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2013
Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
This is an example of what i referred to in that ATMC's thread where she was asking about Eli Eli lama sabacthani
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2013
Image123: Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
This is an example of what i referred to in that ATMC's thread where she was asking about Eli Eli lama sabacthani

Father of faith , not Father in practice.

We have one Father and that is GOD.

"And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven." - Matthew 23:9
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by christemmbassey(m): 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
@all, pls allow me conclude the op b4 ur contributions. God bless.
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Goshen360(m): 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
@ Op, go ahead....I will contribute fully from Monday, this week is busy for me. Many Christian need to what it means when scripture says Abraham is the father of them that are of faith....but Jesus said, "Do not say you have Abraham as your father because BEFORE Abraham is, I was...". And the Jews wanted to stone him. This is gonna be interesting but OP, make sure you finish before Monday because me, I wan step in from Monday, God willing. Thank you.
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by seyibrown(f): 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
Abraham is the father of faith. Nothing stops anyone from attaching themselves to any father they like!
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Goshen360(m): 3:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
Yes, Abraham is the father of faith BUT WGAT DOES IT MEAN ? You have to understand what it means before you can APPLY it.
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Willzkid(m): 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
Goshen360: Yes, Abraham is the father of faith BUT WGAT DOES IT MEAN ? You have to understand what it means before you can APPLY it.
If you know this, then what is the essence of this thread?
why not open a thread to expound the fatherhood of Abraham from your own perspective?
why resort to sensationalism, and thereby negate a Bible truth?
This thread and its title smacks of conceit ..there are better ways of expressing knowledge

1 Like

Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Image123(m): 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
useless head knowledge, strife of words and word jangling that takes one nowhere.
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Goshen360(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
Willzkid:
why not open a thread to expound the fatherhood of Abraham from your own perspective?
This thread and its title smacks of conceit ..there are better ways of expressing knowledge

Sir, you haven't told us yet what it means to be father of THEM THAT ARE OF FAITH. Maybe if you do, we can put things in proper perspective. Thank you.
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Goshen360(m): 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
Image123: useless head knowledge, strife of words and word jangling that takes one nowhere.

Go & sit somewhere if you have nothing meaningful to contribute. What's head knowledge you people scream about sef? If you can speak about the word without looking at the bible, isn't that a function of your mind that also works with your brain in your head?
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
christemmbassey: Abraham is the father of the jews AND NOT OUR(CHRISTIANS) father. .....to be continued
Apostle Paul knew pple like you will come with another gospel so he debunked your claims. : "If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" ( gal 3:29).

1 Like

Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Alwaystrue(f): 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2013
christemmbassey: Well , my fellow christians, Abraham is the father of the jews AND NOT OUR(CHRISTIANS) father. .....to be continued

Galatians 2:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:7-8
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Abraham is the father of nations as promised by God, please do not try to put the words of God to none effect by your opinion. Except, Ofcourse, you claim not to be a Christian but a 'Christian'.
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 31, 2013
christemmbassey: 2. The 2nd dispensation is what i call 'DEATH' era or pre-law dispensation, starts from Gen 3:6-man died the moment he disobeyed God(And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food , and it was pleasant to the eyes and a tree to be desired to make one wise , she took of the fruit thereof , and did eat and gave also to her husband with her and he did eat. Kjv) to Exodus 19,-this was b4 the law was introduced. In this era , DEATH was the master, thats why the bible says in Romans 5:14 that death reigned from Adam(Gen 3::6) to Moses(Exodus 19),, man was at the mercy of death, no advocate, no intercessor . Adam and all humanity, including, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all the children of Isreal b4 Moses recieved the law,were governed by death. Infact this was the worst era in human existence. You can kill, be killed, commit any type of attrocity. anomie and anachy was the order of those days. This was why man started to look for a way out, he started looking for God and help in various ways tro animal sacrifices, paymeents in dif forms and worshiping of dif gods etc just so that he can have reprive from death. To be continued
So by your analogy Enoch died abi? What about Elijah? If you mean spiritual death Abel was righteous before he was killed by his brother.By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead. heb 11:4. also Men live up to a thousand years before they died as is the case with Methuselah. Can you explain that?
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Ubenedictus(m): 4:07am On Mar 31, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning Christem,

If you as an individual want to go without having a Christian wedding, not pay tithe, decides that Abraham is not your father in faith, then I won't have an ish with it but to attempt to present these as something that should be applicable to every Christian is not appropriate.

I am a Christian, I am a Catholic Christian and I believe firmly that anyone who WANTS to, can pay tithe without feeling any obligation, I believe firmly that supporting the church with our time, talents and treasures is very important, I believe firmly that going to bless a union in Church is a very good practice and I believe firmly that Abraham is my father in faith.

Thank you!
my dear i must agree with you here, it seems everyone is been forced to accept another's private interpretation. Abraham is my father in faith, the bible say so, the oral traditions say so, the church proclaims it and lastly and most importantly, I BELIEVE.

1 Like

Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Ubenedictus(m): 4:10am On Mar 31, 2013
Image123: Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
yeah, it seems they draged d arguement out of the tithe thread. I don't understand how their anti tithing doctrine has lead them to deny that abraham is our father in faith.
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Ubenedictus(m): 4:15am On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel:

Father of faith , not Father in practice.

We have one Father and that is GOD.

"And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven." - Matthew 23:9
oh! I see you are argueing from the thread where u were rebuked for criticizing the title father and daddy for "pastors". Now i see where you are leading, after you deny that abraham is no longer our father in faith, d next thing you will deny is dat your biological father shuldnt b called father because of the above verse.

Keep ur personal interpretation to yourself.

1 Like

Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 31, 2013
christemmbassey: The bible divides human existence into four DISPENSATIONS. - 1. Life/pre-disobedience, from Gen1:27 to Gen3:5. In this dispensation, man lived the life of God, Gen 2:7-And lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of LIFE and man became a living soul (kjv) man did not have to pay tithe, sacrifice anything to get biessed but was in control of God's creation -GEN 1:28-31, also man was incharge of God's blessings- Gen1:19-20. So in the 1st dispensation, man reigned.. To be continued....
LOOK AT HOW YOUR SUBTLE GOSPEL IS MIXED WITH LIES.GOD IS ALWAYS IN CHARGE OF THE WHOLE CREATION.The earth is the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.PS 24:1.Man will always be a STEWARD of God's creation till the return of Christ who will judge the living and the dead.
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Goshen360(m): 4:18am On Mar 31, 2013
New International Version (©2011)
And do not think you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

◄ Matthew 3:9 ►

New International Version (©2011)
What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter?

New Living Translation (©2007)
Abraham was, humanly speaking, the founder of our Jewish nation. What did he discover about being made right with God?

English Standard Version (©2001)
What then shall we say was gained by Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh?

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, has found?

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

Romans 4:1

New Living Translation (©2007)
Circumcision was a sign that Abraham already had faith and that God had already accepted him and declared him to be righteous--even before he was circumcised. So Abraham is the spiritual father of those who have faith but have not been circumcised. They are counted as righteous because of their faith.

◄ Romans 4:11 ►

We shall pick up from here! We must understand the perspective of 'fatherhood' to which Abraham belongs. I will build from those three scriptures that points the 'fatherhood' of Abraham. Abraham is a two-fold meaning man - a spiritual father of them that are of faith and a natural (according to the flesh) father of the Jewish nation.
Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Ubenedictus(m): 4:19am On Mar 31, 2013
Willzkid:
this is d exact thing that came to mind when i saw the thread "christians abraham is not your father", that is a negation of biblical truth. Whether abraham is father or not is not up for discussion dat matter is already certain, he is father of christians by his faith. The only part for discussion is about that already established fatherhood of abraham.

1 Like

Re: 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! by Ubenedictus(m): 4:22am On Mar 31, 2013
Bidam: Apostle Paul knew pple like you will come with another gospel so he debunked your claims. : "If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" ( gal 3:29).
amen to this! My question for christem is: DO YOU BELONG TO CHRIST? If yes THEN HOW COME ABRAHAM IS NOT FATHER FOR XTIANS?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Merry Christmas Everyone! / How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. / Racism Is Like Hating God! Why Do Muslims/islam Hate Jews?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.