Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493493 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
lets understand you well.
at OBJ farms, what do you mean by 'no activity yet'

also, where does her interest lie so we can make adequate recommendations.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donclassfarm: 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
[b][/b]Thanks for attending to me oga op but the # of Melina farm in Bayelsa is not going ....one of the number is 12digits. after washing the concrete pond with detergent, how many days Will i store water and waste before stocking of seed. your contacts if possible sir. i.ve send you prenty mail but seem not going.
i need good seed ooooo
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
donclassfarm:
[b][/b]Thanks for attending to me oga op but the # of Melina farm in Bayelsa is not going ....one of the number is 12digits. after washing the concrete pond with detergent, how many days Will i store water and waste before stocking of seed. your contacts if possible sir. i.ve send you prenty mail but seem not going.
i need good seed ooooo
You can store up the water three days prior to stocking. I have replied your mail sir.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donclassfarm: 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]what is the place of lime in washing of a concrete pond
pls answer oooo na jjc de talk

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by temitoju: 1:25am On Apr 24, 2015
Nice to see what u have written about catfish. I study aquaculture in delsu and have been trying to find a way around feed cost I am glad to tell u DAT since I left sch in 2010 I ave been trying to get a perfect formula. I can proudly tell u I can produce feed @ 200 per kg. Would soon start marketing it. The quality of the feed will speak for itself wen it is officially released for testing. Will contact u den
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:07am On Apr 24, 2015
temitoju:
Nice to see what u have written about catfish. I study aquaculture in delsu and have been trying to find a way around feed cost I am glad to tell u DAT since I left sch in 2010 I ave been trying to get a perfect formula. I can proudly tell u I can produce feed @ 200 per kg. Would soon start marketing it. The quality of the feed will speak for itself wen it is officially released for testing. Will contact u den
Interesting!!! is the feed floating or sinking. .

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:10am On Apr 24, 2015
donclassfarm:
[color=#770077][/color]what is the place of lime in washing of a concrete pond
pls answer oooo na jjc de talk
Boss You dont need to lime a concrete pond..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 12:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
guys, I have tried getting a response to my question but nothing yet. please bail me out as I am a new farmer.

how much does it cost on the average to construct a 60ft by 40ft by 7ft pond, both earthen and concrete ?

location is around sango ota.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 10:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
jaz:
guys, I have tried getting a response to my question but nothing yet. please bail me out as I am a new farmer.

how much does it cost on the average to construct a 60ft by 40ft by 7ft pond, both earthen and concrete ?

location is around sango ota.
Are u sure you got the mesurement right? 60 ft concrete pond. Na half pond of land measurment be that o.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 25, 2015
noblefarm:
pls guys, which one is hybrid juvenile?
@noble, Hybrid spp. is Clarias + Hetero = Hybrid. Tnx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by akeebagp: 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
DO U NEED A TRUCK TO TRANSPORT UR PRODUCE OR MATERIAL WITHIN AND OUTSIDE IBADAN.
CALL THIS NOS ASAP
08023019396 OR 07056867020

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
sure. so what do you think about the quote ?
fzero:

Are u sure you got the mesurement right? 60 ft concrete pond. Na half pond of land measurment be that o.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
jaz:
sure. so what do you think about the quote ?
I can't tell how much to construct such, my advice 4 u is to get a bricklayer to give u and estimate.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chokovirus: 12:26am On Apr 27, 2015
ibkingzy:
Good P.M house, hws d weekend, i met with a fish farmer in Kaduna whose farm is located at Angwan Muazu in Kaduna, He told me he intends relocating to Kwara and would want to sell his farm, He has two earthing ponds and two concrete ponds already built, which could take about 10,000 fishes in all, it is two plot of land with a three bedroom flat that as already been built and also a poultry for rearing chickens and with enough space, there is also a close by river which passes close to his house, he gets his water from the river and also has a well in his house. any one intrested can get across to me via 08037593744

Is this offer still available?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Samojo4real(m): 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
Submission: I believe Cocoyam leaf especially the red type is rich in protein because some tribes do eat it as form of vegetable. However, i am still at a loss on Leucaena Leucocephala tree and want any one that is familiar with it to enlighten us.

leucaena is actually high in protein esp. the seed and can replace soybean of fishmeal up to 25% max. inclusion level. presently, there is what they called leaf protein concentrate with as much as 50% cp. it can extracted from the leaves of any plant. this has also been used in feed formulation for fish.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
Samojo4real:

Submission: I believe Cocoyam leaf especially the red type is rich in protein because some tribes do eat it as form of vegetable. However, i am still at a loss on Leucaena Leucocephala tree and want any one that is familiar with it to enlighten us.

leucaena is actually high in protein esp. the seed and can replace soybean of fishmeal up to 25% max. inclusion level. presently, there is what they called leaf protein concentrate with as much as 50% cp. it can extracted from the leaves of any plant. this has also been used in feed formulation for fish.

Do you know the local name of the plant [leucaena]
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
the plant is pretty common
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
guys, if I raise catfish for 4 months what size should i be expecting and if i raise for 6 months what size would i be expecting ?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
thanks bro
fzero:

I can't tell how much to construct such, my advice 4 u is to get a bricklayer to give u and estimate.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
jaz:
guys, if I raise catfish for 4 months what size should i be expecting and if i raise for 6 months what size would i be expecting ?

Nobody can honestly answer dat question. Alot of factors need to be considered : fingerlings, your water mgt, feeding, type of feed, farm practices and sheer good luck etc. Fish farming is not 2 + 2 = 4.

U can raise catfish for 6months and still be getting 800g fishes. All things being equal, at 4months u shd hit 1kg fishes and at 6 months u are looking at above 2kg- 3kgfishes. This is not a definite answer coz nobody is God and can tell u how d fish will grow or what size they will hit at a particular time or at harvest.

#u can get some fishes to be 1kg at 3 and a half months frm fingerlings
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblefarm: 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
pls house, today makes it 2weeks I stocked my fish, I have been feeding them with 2mm durante 3times daily, they're doing well. anything to add to there feed to boast them more or should I continue with just d durante they're feeding on?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 9:09am On Apr 28, 2015
thanks man. I can find my answers in your response quoted.
Belexy:

Nobody can honestly answer dat question. Alot of factors need to be considered : fingerlings, your water mgt, feeding, type of feed, farm practices and sheer good luck etc. Fish farming is not 2 + 2 = 4.

U can raise catfish for 6months and still be getting 800g fishes. All things being equal, at 4months u shd hit 1kg fishes and at 6 months u are looking at above 2kg- 3kgfishes. This is not a definite answer coz nobody is God and can tell u how d fish will grow or what size they will hit at a particular time or at harvest.

#u can get some fishes to be 1kg at 3 and a half months frm fingerlings
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by peetayo: 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OgbeniVan: 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
Hello @robonski15. I forgot my password for agricnetwork.com. I entered my e-mail address and I was told to check my mail but no show till now. Can you help me out? I have a couple of things I need help with.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
OgbeniVan:
Hello @robonski15. I forgot my password for agricnetwork.com. I entered my e-mail address and I was told to check my mail but no show till now. Can you help me out? I have a couple of things I need help with.

Hello sorry about that.. what's your username?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
noblefarm:
pls house, today makes it 2weeks I stocked my fish, I have been feeding them with 2mm durante 3times daily, they're doing well. anything to add to there feed to boast them more or should I continue with just d durante they're feeding on?

At this stage just continue with their regular feed..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OgbeniVan: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
robonski15:

Hello sorry about that.. what's your username?
It's vannyozogu. Thank you plenty!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
OgbeniVan:

It's vannyozogu. Thank you plenty!

I just sent you a mail.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OgbeniVan: 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
robonski15:

I just sent you a mail.
I've seen it. Thank you. I'm a lady btw smiley
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
Samojo4real:

This is interesting bro. But is the seed readily available.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
I just want to alert the house that there is scarcity of feed in upcountry. All the feeds!
I had to go to a major distributor b4 I could get multifeed.No vital, no top feed, no durante, even durante is in limited quantity,

Don't be caught unaware!

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.