Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1495125 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OracleHex(m): 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
robonski15:

I like youe willingness to learn.. U can give me your email adress..
Sir me too am willing to learn, my email address is hexanova13@gmail.com
God bless your handiwork
One question, if you made a net profit of N1000k in 5 months, am I assumed to believe ur net salary to be N200k a month?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayoola190: 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
robonski15: Like I said earlier on I sold the remaining 9000 fingerlings which I sold for 7 naira each and made 63000 naira hereby stocked the best 4000 (shooters) and I started raising them for the next 5 months..

Before I stocked the pond I disinfected it with "BLAGDON ANTI FUNGAI AND BACTERIA" by doing this u have clared the pond against any fungai or bacteris present in the pond.. Sometimes u may stock and after a while they start dieing due to an outburst of disease present in the pond, so I advice all farmers to disinfect there pond using the afor-mentioned drugs..

After two weeks of stocking I started to sort them into sizes Big, medium and small.. My brother sorting is one essential activity u MUST do to save ur investment.. If u don't sort only less than half of your fish will grow well and be ready for sale when most should be ready.. This is because its only the big and aggresive ones that will be eating most of the time and they are usually less than half of the entire stock you have in the pond.. But when u sort regularly most of the fishes will be of regular size and they can compete with themselves for food.. So they can all grow at the same pace.. PLEASE DONT TAKE SORTING LIKELY..

Sequel to these I stocked my pond with a thousand fish into four ponds ie I had four pond and stocked them with a thousand fish in one pond to make up for the four pond (4000)..

One other thing that makes us loose money is overstocking of your pond.. Your fishes will not grow.. Because the water gets polluted easily and this will cause the dissolved oxygen to be depleted in the water.. And when this takes place the fishes wount eat well their appetite for food will be lost.. So I guess a farmer should measure his pond well before stocking..
Can you pls give me the dimension of construction of ponds with numbr of fishes meant for the space, to avoid over stocking?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by MarcoP: 11:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
robonski15:

@ Robonski15.
I have sent you an email. Pls I'm awaiting ur response.
Thanks for this incisive and educating write up. God bless.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:15am On Apr 17, 2013
Marco-P :

@ Robonski15.
I have sent you an email. Pls I'm awaiting ur response.
Thanks for this incisive and educating write up. God bless.

I have replied your mail.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:17am On Apr 17, 2013
OracleHex:
Sir me too am willing to learn, my email address is hexanova13@gmail.com
God bless your handiwork
One question, if you made a net profit of N1000k in 5 months, am I assumed to believe ur net salary to be N200k a month?

Your are absolutely correct.. My net profit as at then was N200k a month.. But as you expand ur net profit increases.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by davonny: 10:38am On Apr 17, 2013
How old were you fish b4 u introduce them into ur pond
Is it good to use maggot to feed the fries
How often did u change ur water
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pawn89(m): 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
robonski15:

Your are absolutely correct.. My net profit as at then was N200k a month.. But as you expand ur net profit increases.. Thanks
@robonski15 am truly impressed with your lectures so far, how i wish you were in warri delta state, i really need to speak with you one on one.
Have being following this your thread and quite frankly am astonished as a matter of fact you have given me all the motivation needed to start one at my end.
As a matter of fact am thinking of investing as much as 3m into this business and with your guidance am certain of making a reasonable profit at the end.
Please do well to send me detail instruction starting from how to get the shooters (hatching in general) to the construction and a lot more. please just send me as much detail as your fingers can allow you type.
Also i need you to send me your phone number so i can call you on phone, skype id if you are on skype just to ease conversation and also your mail id so i can add you up and discuss with you online whenever your are available.
God bless you for education nairalanders on this topic.
kudos menh...
my email id: esandapo@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
b4 investing in fish farming,learn to profit,d amount of money u put in matter,but does not guarantee success,Apple computers has just 5% of global computer,but 45% of global profit.i blieve we can learn from that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
davonny: How old were you fish b4 u introduce them into ur pond
Is it good to use maggot to feed the fries
How often did u change ur water

I stocked the fish at fingerlings stage.. If u hatch yourself its either u introduce them at fingerling or juvenile.. Using maggot to feed is d best.. I learnt a little of maggotery at songhai.. When they are in fingerlings stage I do flow through.. But when dey are bigger I change the water every three days.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:30pm On Apr 17, 2013
[quote author=pawn89]
@robonski15 am truly impressed with your lectures so far, how i wish you were in warri delta state, i really need to speak with you one on one.
Have being following this your thread and quite frankly am astonished as a matter of fact you have given me all the motivation needed to start one at my end.
As a matter of fact am thinking of investing as much as 3m into this business and with your guidance am certain of making a reasonable profit at the end.
Please do well to send me detail instruction starting from how to get the shooters (hatching in general) to the construction and a lot more. please just send me as much detail as your fingers can allow you type.
Also i need you to send me your phone number so i can call you on phone, skype id if you are on skype just to ease conversation and also your mail id so i can add you up and discuss with you online whenever your are available.
God bless you for education nairalanders on this topic.
kudos menh...
my email id: esandapo@yahoo.co.uk[/quote

Thanks for the comments.. I have sent u a mail.. Cheers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dapix: 10:13am On Apr 18, 2013
Please i would like to see your farm and get some ideas, I have two concrete ponds and my fish are not growing well, at first i thot it was because of the sunlight but not it looks as if i over stocked the pond. I dont know if i can also invite u over, and please where can i get the blagon drug you used to wash your pond,and i also want to learn how to produce fingerlines myself, my email address: dapour03@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hotmas911(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2013
If u need large farmland for any crop around ogbomosho oyo state contact 08060318769. From 70k per acre
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
How many litres is your pond capacity. IDeally you are supposed to have one fish per 4 litres of water since you don't use an aerator. To get better growth with catfish, u definately need one. Ihave been using mine for 2 yrs now and last year I made 70% return on my investment. If ure intrested I can show you how.
dapix: Please i would like to see your farm and get some ideas, I have two concrete ponds and my fish are not growing well, at first i thot it was because of the sunlight but not it looks as if i over stocked the pond. I dont know if i can also invite u over, and please where can i get the blagon drug you used to wash your pond,and i also want to learn how to produce fingerlines myself, my email address: dapour03@yahoo.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
dapix: Please i would like to see your farm and get some ideas, I have two concrete ponds and my fish are not growing well, at first i thot it was because of the sunlight but not it looks as if i over stocked the pond. I dont know if i can also invite u over, and please where can i get the blagon drug you used to wash your pond,and i also want to learn how to produce fingerlines myself, my email address: dapour03@yahoo.com

I have sent u a mail.. thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Rexyl(m): 6:14am On Apr 20, 2013
robonski15: Like I said earlier on I sold the remaining 9000 fingerlings which I sold for 7 naira each and made 63000 naira hereby stocked the best 4000 (shooters) and I started raising them for the next 5 months..

Before I stocked the pond I disinfected it with "BLAGDON ANTI FUNGAI AND BACTERIA" by doing this u have clared the pond against any fungai or bacteris present in the pond.. Sometimes u may stock and after a while they start dieing due to an outburst of disease present in the pond, so I advice all farmers to disinfect there pond using the afor-mentioned drugs..

After two weeks of stocking I started to sort them into sizes Big, medium and small.. My brother sorting is one essential activity u MUST do to save ur investment.. If u don't sort only less than half of your fish will grow well and be ready for sale when most should be ready.. This is because its only the big and aggresive ones that will be eating most of the time and they are usually less than half of the entire stock you have in the pond.. But when u sort regularly most of the fishes will be of regular size and they can compete with themselves for food.. So they can all grow at the same pace.. PLEASE DONT TAKE SORTING LIKELY..

Sequel to these I stocked my pond with a thousand fish into four ponds ie I had four pond and stocked them with a thousand fish in one pond to make up for the four pond (4000)..

One other thing that makes us loose money is overstocking of your pond.. Your fishes will not grow.. Because the water gets polluted easily and this will cause the dissolved oxygen to be depleted in the water.. And when this takes place the fishes wount eat well their appetite for food will be lost.. So I guess a farmer should measure his pond well before stocking..

good observation and one of the best practices.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Rexyl(m): 6:39am On Apr 20, 2013
@ op, have you come across use of enzymes in fish production and if so what will you say about them? Reason for this is that these products are now being introduced and before I could make recommendations I want to be sure whether or not they are effective. You know to prove this there should a comprehensive findings as regards a common factor producing different or the same result under dictates of environments and farming practices. Or there should need to prove very well actions of these enzymes.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:17am On Apr 20, 2013
Rexyl: @ op, have you come across use of enzymes in fish production and if so what will you say about them? Reason for this is that these products are now being introduced and before I could make recommendations I want to be sure whether or not they are effective. You know to prove this there should a comprehensive findings as regards a common factor producing different or the same result under dictates of environments and farming practices. Or there should need to prove very well actions of these enzymes.

i have heard of it but am yet to practice it.. just keep me updated on it.. thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by temi4fash(m): 8:34am On Apr 20, 2013
robonski15:

ma email is temifashola@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OracleHex(m): 9:06am On Apr 20, 2013
robonski15:

I have been expecting my mail from you since over a week, pls send to hexanova13@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2013
OracleHex:
I have been expecting my mail from you since over a week, pls send to hexanova13@gmail.com

I have sent u a mail.. Cheers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yosmen: 6:24am On Apr 21, 2013
am following
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 21, 2013
**following**
Pls can I have the website or let me say I need info(duration and fees) to train at shongai where you trained abt fish farming cos I'm highly interested or can you accept me to undergo training at your own farm?
Thank you and how much is the least capital I will need to invest on fish farming?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hariyoh: 9:31am On Apr 21, 2013
@Robonski15, am willing to do an internship under you to learn about the fish farming because I have passion for it. Thanks, my email is hariyoh at yahoo dot com. God bless you for this great work and keep it up.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
Soyedele1: **following**
Pls can I have the website or let me say I need info(duration and fees) to train at shongai where you trained abt fish farming cos I'm highly interested or can you accept me to undergo training at your own farm?
Thank you and how much is the least capital I will need to invest on fish farming?

That's no problem you can learn everything in practical at my temporary farm.. Though I am building the main hacthery presently for learners.. I pray is completed soonest for all to benefit.. I can't tell u dis is the least capital cos I dnt know where ur want to major.. We have
1.Fingerlings production
2.Smoking
3.Grow out(table size)
4.Melange
5.Brood stock
So I don't know which u want venture.. Send me a mail.. Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
WATCH OUT FOR MY NEXT WRITE UP ON. "MELANGE" FISH FARMING..

Its a money spinning venture now..
And thanks for all your response..

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lawmann: 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
Pls we are waiting.God bless you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
robonski15: u can contact me by mail robonski15@rocketmail.com. God bless u..

I emailed you sir..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:01am On Apr 22, 2013
Soyedele1:

I emailed you sir..

I have replied your mail.. Cheers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Rexyl(m): 11:57am On Apr 22, 2013
robonski15:

i have heard of it but am yet to practice it.. just keep me updated on it.. thanks

There is one that I am about to start working with. When I have registered with the coy and get the enzymes I will start some research work on them to find out some things before I could be describing their action in fish production.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rexyl:

There is one that I am about to start working with. When I have registered with the coy and get the enzymes I will start some research work on them to find out some things before I could be describing their action in fish production.

That's a good move.. Kindly keep us updated on your research work.. God bless you..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rebas farms will be conducting a PRACTICAL CATFISH HATCHING (SPAWNING) SEMINAR.. SERIOUS interested persons should send me an email.. REGARDS
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by suigeneris2(f): 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.