Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,305 members, 7,850,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:20 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1504425 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DixtaFarms: 10:08am On Jul 20, 2015
A quality and reliable broodstock available for catfish breeders that their aim is at producing a healthy and fast growing fingerlings. Contact DIXTA FARMS, ONNA, AKWA IBOM STATE 08095566253 08032662647
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
ayosat:

Boss Robonski has said it all. What I will just advice is for you to start small. Then increase with time. On your pond you can go small as well . 700 to 800 max fingerlings is cool for it. for drugs add multivitamin to tge list eg livestovit or any other good one . On feeding, you feed at least 3 times a day. I don't know if you mean 15 kg per 1000 cats to table size. If so it is very wrong .
Gbam!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOPAI7(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
The price range from N40,000 to N95,000. They can be use to raise between 300 to 1,200 table size fishes. They are well fortified with galvanised pipe.

Fhemmmy:

Mention prices too.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Teepompey: 6:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
robonski15:

If it is this formula then its is 1kg considering the amount of fm,ts gnc and indomie
Thanks sir for your quick response. I took this formula to a mill factory, but what they used was 0.1 for salt,floxinor,etc. I hope it wouldn't affect the fishes sir. I will like to hear ur view.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
Teepompey:

Thanks sir for your quick response. I took this formula to a mill factory, but what they used was 0.1 for salt,floxinor,etc. I hope it wouldn't affect the fishes sir. I will like to hear ur view.

How many kg did you mill all together?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bimble: 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hello house, am happy with dis trend so helpful and thoughtful. Am new in this biz though am progressing. All thanks to you all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bimble: 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hello house, am happy with this trend so helpful and thoughtful. Am new in this biz though am progressing. All thanks to you all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Teepompey: 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
robonski15:

How many kg did you mill all together?
200Kg and they are 4months above. FM(local) 20 Broiles starter 50 GNC 40 TS 40 Flour 30 Indomie 20 premix 0.1 lysine 0.1 Vit c 150grams salt 0.1 molasis 0.10 floxinor 0.1
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
Teepompey:

No effect sir..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Teepompey: 3:42am On Jul 21, 2015
robonski15:

No effect sir..
I'm so grateful sir. But should in case I want to mill more, it should be in kg?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lorjes: 10:56am On Jul 21, 2015
Teepompey:

200Kg and they are 4months above.
FM(local) 20
Broiles starter 50
GNC 40
TS 40
Flour 30
Indomie 20
premix 0.1
lysine 0.1
Vit c 150grams
salt 0.1
molasis 0.10
floxinor 0.1

My brother pls don't be offended, this items that you listed where exactly can one get them?

Thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lorjes: 11:31am On Jul 21, 2015
robonski15

Chairman please like how many kg should I be giving to about 4,000 fishes at a go in an earthen pond.

Kind regards.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by obstead200(m): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
Russell145:
Good day everyone, pls am sort of doing a market research on catfish. Please does anyone knows the marketability of catfish in the East, in Abia state precisely. How long can a farmer sell at least about 10,000 catfishes in the Eastern part of the country especially in Abia state. God bless.
[b]I am seriously interested in this question. Cos I also plan to start breeding catfish.

Now to attempt to answer the question, I think you will be able to sell. However, I feel that the sales may not be as high as one could get in the southwest where every body eats catfish and a lot of market women sell only catfish.

But I still feel that there will still be sales to major fast food outlets, bush bars and hotels; especially if one can grow fishes of 2.5kg and above. So many hoteliers and bush bar operators travel all the way to bayelsa and rivers state to buy catfish of that size. i know of at least 2 pple who do that in owerri.

Moreover, if Buhari seriously enforces the ban on importation, then it will even make a lot of things better. Just go to Johnny-best cold room in eke-onuwa owerri and see the way pple queue up to buy cartons of imported chicken and imported catfish.....both are illegaly imported contraband items.

U can always dry the fish and sell it in cartons if it appears u are wasting feed on trying to make it grow out. At least dry fish can be sold anywhere in nigeria.

I stand to be corrected sha. other pple's opinion are welcome.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olorunosebilae: 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hi everyone please where is dry/smoked fish is sold in Lagos in large quantity
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BELEXYFARMS(m): 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
olorunosebilae:
Hi everyone please where is dry/smoked fish is sold in Lagos in large quantity

Do you want to purchase? We can discus logistics of providing u with the quantities you need..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Teepompey: 12:41am On Jul 22, 2015
Lorjes:

My brother pls don't be offended, this items that you listed where exactly can one get them?

Thank you
Any milling factory will get them for you. Just give them the list of items you want to mill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2015
Lorjes:
robonski15

Chairman please like how many kg should I be giving to about 4,000 fishes at a go in an earthen pond.

Kind regards.

What is the size of the fishes?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lorjes: 11:48am On Jul 22, 2015
Teepompey:

Any milling factory will get them for you. Just give them the list of items you want to mill.

Thanks a million times.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lorjes: 11:50am On Jul 22, 2015
robonski15:

My chairman, the surprising thing to me is that they were put same-time (Tuesday last week) but some are 7cm, 6cm,5cm, and some 4cm.
Even the 2mm some eat it when it has soften. Pls will it still give them the required nutrient?

All in the same earthen pond.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olorunosebilae: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
BELEXYFARMS:

Do you want to purchase? We can discus logistics of providing u with the quantities you need..
No I want to sell
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BELEXYFARMS(m): 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
olorunosebilae:

No I want to sell

Okay, try selling to those hausa buyers though you wont make good profit from them. Also check at Oyingbo for buyers of ur product. Better still, try to gradually create ur own retail market network.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lorjes: 4:48am On Jul 23, 2015
robonski15:

My chairman, the surprising thing to me is that they were put same-time (Tuesday last week) but some are 7cm, 6cm,5cm, and some 4cm.
Even the 2mm some eat it when it has soften. Pls will it still give them the required nutrient?

Kind regards.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cross234(m): 5:25am On Jul 23, 2015
Hello sometime ago I read someone post that he is selling Solar Airator please I have some that need it so pls u can send me whatsapp msg on 08038116954. thks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cleoo(f): 5:53am On Jul 23, 2015
Hello my ogas, I need to get my new concrete pond ready for use maximum 4days time, what can I use to fertilize it?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DixtaFarms: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2015
Our broodstock guarantee a healthy and disease free fingerlings, ideal for breeders that require customers satisfaction and constant patronage. Contact: 08095566253 08032662647
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:48am On Jul 23, 2015
Cleoo:
Hello my ogas, I need to get my new concrete pond ready for use maximum 4days time, what can I use to fertilize it?

Add water to the brim with plantain or banana leaves leave for three days, drain off the water and wash the pond.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:52am On Jul 23, 2015
Lorjes:
robonski15:

Fishes in general does not grow at the same rate, even though they were stocked at the same time there must be changes difference in size.. 2mm is the ideal feed for them at this stage
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Teepompey: 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
Lorjes:

Thanks a million times.
You're highly welcome.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lorjes: 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
robonski15:

Fishes in general does not grow at the same rate, even though they were stocked at the same time there must be changes difference in size.. 2mm is the ideal feed for them at this stage

Okay, Chairman.
Pls what quantity will be ideal for them.
I appreciate. You Ppl are giving so many of us hope and support.
God bless you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olorunosebilae: 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
BELEXYFARMS:

Okay, try selling to those hausa buyers though you wont make good profit from them. Also check at Oyingbo for buyers of ur product. Better still, try to gradually create ur own retail market network.
Thanks very plenty

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BurnishFarm: 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
I have been observing what has been going on, on this Forum for a very long time now, but have not send a comment, because I have not started farming. But the joy of the way farmers are assisting each other is overwhelming that I could not hold it any longer. My gratitude goes to Ronboski15, Aquadude15, Belexyfarms, and every other person both people that are asking questions and the ones that are suggesting solutions, because that's where we amateur learn from. I have not seen a wonderful family like this, People disclosing their mistakes and ideas that cost them money, to help and save others from loosing money in order to maximize profit. (This is amazing), I don't have anything to offer in appreciation than to ask God to bless everyone of you massively.

Am based at Ogun State (Agbara) and will start soon.

Remain blessed!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
I plan to sell my fish this Saturday. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.