Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1491133 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:43am On Dec 12, 2015
Cleoo:
hi Robonski, I called Kilani severally to make another booking, I asked him to confirm the transportation cost and the vehicle company that will bring it down to Anambra State, (Ihiala precisely). He told me that he doesn't know any transport that's coming my way, but he will make enquiries. Uptill now, no news about the waybill. I called him again, he said he will call me back, yet nothing from him till now. There's no way I can make my booking without knowing how much the waybill will cost me. Please look into this matter urgently cuz am running out of patient. Thanks. (actually I want tio book for both clarias and hybrid juveniles, hope he would not mix things up? Cuz the last time I called him, he sounded so confused and tired that he almost cried on the phone. Maybe you should look into his work load)

Hello Cleo he actually told me about your order and I have sent the guy responsible for transportation to find out the price and a reliable transport company to anambra... I will personally give u all the details once we have a confirmation.. yeah I guess his work load is much, we have to look for another person to assist him.. Kindly drop your direct contact so we can talk.. thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquadude15: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2015
aquadude15:
I intend leasing/renting my farm to any person interested. Reason is that im relocating to another farm
The farm is majorly for hatching purpose but you can use it for what ever you want.
It has
Farm house (thats were i stay)
Four concrete ponds (10 by cool
Four nursery vat (4 by cool
A vat for broodstock
Another vat i use to culture daphinnas (zoo)
Well water ph 7.
Borehole 6.
Large tank and pumping machine
And all hatching accessories you may need because im leaving them behind.
All you just need is bring your broodstock and hatch cos im going with my broodstock.
If you are interested or know someone that know someone that have a friend that is interested, you can hit me up on 0 7 0 three three 4 9 9 seven seven 5 (call/whatsapp)
Will post pics tommorow
. ..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2015
heartbitmi:
Pls guys I urgently need some post fingerlings and juvenile pls kindly drop a contact....tnx

Hello sir kindly call 07043941307. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
heartbitmi:
Pls guys I urgently need some post fingerlings and juvenile pls kindly drop a contact....tnx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
For active seed with fast growth, contact soft77 n robonski... They r good @ what they do. I got ma fingerlins 4rm dem, they like food grin . Location is not their problem!!!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SILLYO: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2015
please i need guideline on how to start fish farming with small amount of money. there is land for now we are planning to start with 1000 fingerlings but we don't have borehole yet and pond can someone guide me with the cost of borehole and pond in ilorin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SILLYO: 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
good day all farmers i am new to this page i just take time to read few comment i have planning to start the business but i have few information about it can someone please guide me on it my plan is to start next year i mean 2016 by God grace. if my capital is 300 thousand. please robonski15 and soft77 can you help me

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 3:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
SILLYO:
good day all farmers i am new to this page i just take time to read few comment i have planning to start the business but i have few information about it can someone please guide me on it my plan is to start next year i mean 2016 by God grace. if my capital is 300 thousand. please robonski15 and soft77 can you help me
SIR If you dont have steady water source ,then i recommend you use what i call a mini water recycle system and with 300 thousand u can have a capacity of 1000 fish to sell monthly .

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
soft777:
SIR If you dont have steady water source ,then i recommend you use what i call a mini water recycle system and with 300 thousand u can have a capacity of 1000 fish to sell monthly .

Will like to talk to you off Nairaland
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
grin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eseosa77(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
robonski15:

Clarias fingerlings #8
clarias juvenile #10

Hybrid fingerlings#12
Hybrid Juveniles #15

Thanks

Pls sir can you elaborate on the difference between the clarias and hybrid.their advantages and disadvantages,their growth rates,sizes and weight difference when fed for 5-6 months
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by superman007(m): 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
superman007:
OK Rob will do, I will take pix from the initial look till the final result, the site of the hatchery was formerly a pig slaughter that hasn't been used in over 8yrs so am clearing it up and disinfecting, the advantage to me here was the raised slabs so siphoning Fry's will be easy.

hi Robonski sorry been quite busy with my day job grin.. i finally am making some headway with the hatchery pics loading

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by superman007(m): 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
superman007:

hi Robonski sorry been quite busy with my day job grin.. i finally am making some headway with the hatchery pics loading

that was what it looked like after the clearing and the first stage. i noticed that due to the gradient of the land water wasnt flowing in well so i decided to break it down and try something a bit more conventional

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by superman007(m): 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
superman007:

that was what it looked like after the clearing and the first stage. i noticed that due to the gradient of the land water wasnt flowing in well so i decided to break it down and try something a bit more conventional
this is the final appearance i have a total of 12 vats available, should be treating them by tomorrow and spawning later in the week. in noticed the pH of the water is low so have put agric lime in one of the tanks and have been able to raise it to 7.4. any words will be appreciated. cheers.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
SILLYO:
please i need guideline on how to start fish farming with small amount of money. there is land for now we are planning to start with 1000 fingerlings but we don't have borehole yet and pond can someone guide me with the cost of borehole and pond in ilorin
# is d land close to a stream? If yes den d challenge is little or not @all. U can chat me on whatsapp 07065874135 all da best... most importantly is good seed and that u can get 4rm Soft77 or Robonski!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
eseosa77:

Pls sir can you elaborate on the difference between the clarias and hybrid.their advantages and disadvantages,their growth rates,sizes and weight difference when fed for 5-6 months
#Hybrid weigh higher dan clarias n taste sweater. Hybrid of good seed will weigh 2kg plus @ 4months. #4rm my onw experience!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SILLYO: 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
thank you for your reply. please the your email address
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eseosa77(m): 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
chilanfarms:
#Hybrid weigh higher dan clarias n taste sweater. Hybrid of good seed will weigh 2kg plus @ 4months. #4rm my onw experience!

If this is true why are people not going for hybrid instead of clarias
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
eseosa77:

If this is true why are people not going for hybrid instead of clarias
# Hybrid consume feed more dan clarias, deh r bottom dwellers, they won't show sign or symptoms of sickness unlike clarias dt will.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
SILLYO:
thank you for your reply. please the your email address
#Klinriteservicesnigola@hotmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eseosa77(m): 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
chilanfarms:
# Hybrid consume feed more dan clarias, deh r bottom dwellers, they won't show sign or symptoms of sickness unlike clarias dt will.

Did you mean they are more disease resistant than clarias.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SILLYO: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
i tried to send you a mail . but the email address is showing incorrect
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cleoo(f): 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
robonski15:

Hello Cleo he actually told me about your order and I have sent the guy responsible for transportation to find out the price and a reliable transport company to anambra... I will personally give u all the details once we have a confirmation.. yeah I guess his work load is much, we have to look for another person to assist him.. Kindly drop your direct contact so we can talk.. thanks
okk thanks for the effort, 08053950472. Looking forward to your response.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:23am On Dec 14, 2015
eseosa77:

Chilanfarms has said it all.. Hybrid weighs better than clarias in the long run, but they are not rugged like clarias which makes hybrid susceptible to diseases quickly than clarias.. Feeding rate of the hybrid is higher than clarias which means u might spend more on feeding..

Hybrid doesn't gurantee success also clarias it all boils down to proper management and technical know- how.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:32am On Dec 14, 2015
superman007:

this is the final appearance i have a total of 12 vats available, should be treating them by tomorrow and spawning later in the week. in noticed the pH of the water is low so have put agric lime in one of the tanks and have been able to raise it to 7.4. any words will be appreciated. cheers.

You are the real super man smiley.. you have done a great job so far.. load the vats with water for.some days to neutralize the cement.. P.H is good.. with time you can get a bio filter for uptimum out put.. Have you constructed the spawning net??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by superman007(m): 7:37am On Dec 14, 2015
robonski15:

You are the real super man smiley.. you have done a great job so far.. load the vats with water for.some days to neutralize the cement.. P.H is good.. with time you can get a bio filter for uptimum out put.. Have you constructed the spawning net??

Hi thanks Rob, am currently constructing that want to use the black aluminum net, what do you think? I will load the vats with water as you have advused, patience is my watch word now...Superman without a cape lolz cool
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Busybody2(f): 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2015
robonski15:

wow, its a pleasure having you here ma.. I sent u a mail sometime ago

Hi good morning Sir, I replied your mail, although very late so kindly send me another one please. God bless you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 12:34pm On Dec 14, 2015
@robonski. I've ordered for 2000 clarias juveniles through kimani. Thank you sir. I really appreciate your effort
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
Question for the expert in the house, how many fingerings do I need to stock and what size of pond (concrete) do I construct to get an average harvest of 1000kg of table size fish (assuming good management and technical know how).. Please I would appreciate honest and practical answers thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cleoo(f): 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lamude23: 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2015
robonski15:

Chilanfarms has said it all.. Hybrid weighs better than clarias in the long run, but they are not rugged like clarias which makes hybrid susceptible to diseases quickly than clarias.. Feeding rate of the hybrid is higher than clarias which means u might spend more on feeding..

Hybrid doesn't gurantee success also clarias it all boils down to proper management and technical know- how.

I beg to disagree with u sir, clarias are more susceptible to diseases than hybrid as chillanfarm farm said Buh clarias grow faster (I mean they are early starter while hybrid takes a while before getting bigger) than hybrid while hybrid prefer fleshy feeds has they are more carnivorous than clarias to make them grow faster, dis is from my own experience and it might be d nature of my land, however both are good if u know their
advantages and disadvantages.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
superman007:

Hi thanks Rob, am currently constructing that want to use the black aluminum net, what do you think? I will load the vats with water as you have advused, patience is my watch word now...Superman without a cape lolz cool

That's good sir, you can read our topic on agricnetwork.com titled catfish spawning technique part 1 to 3 it will guide you... How many brood stock do you want to use?

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.