Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1495422 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by murphyg: 11:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
hello house,
does anyone know where i can get fingerlins/juveniles in abeokuta? kindly let me know the price.
thanks.

op, you are doing a great job, may God continue to bless you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oyega(m): 1:26am On Jun 14, 2016
At sir robonski15,
I have replied your email sir, still waiting for your reply sir. Thank you and God bless you sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by phunkey101: 6:44am On Jun 14, 2016
murphyg:
hello house,
does anyone know where i can get fingerlins/juveniles in abeokuta? kindly let me know the price.
thanks.

op, you are doing a great job, may God continue to bless you.

How soon do you need it.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by babytejiri(m): 7:52am On Jun 14, 2016
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yomiknows: 8:15am On Jun 14, 2016
I need the phone no. of any vital feed seller in Mowe/Berger/Ikeja axis.
House, kindly assist.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by somafol: 8:47am On Jun 14, 2016
Enough of second guessing. I'm about to start. Purchased half bag of 2mm and 3mm and four bags of 4mm Aller-Aqua fish feed today. Two bags of 6mm will be available on Friday. I've also booked for 300 juvenile catfish which will be delivered this coming Saturday . In God I trust. I need words of wisdom and encouragement. Constructive criticism is also welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omisakint: 8:58am On Jun 14, 2016
somafol:
Enough of second guessing. I'm about to start. Purchased half bag of 2mm and 3mm and four bags of 4mm Aller-Aqua fish feed today. Two bags of 6mm will be available on Friday. I've also booked for 300 juvenile catfish which will be delivered this coming Saturday . In God I trust. I need words of wisdom and encouragement. Constructive criticism is also welcome.

I wish you the best bro. A new farmer like you also

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omisakint: 9:00am On Jun 14, 2016
What chemical can I use to purify my water. Tired of seeing one of them floating... It kinda depressing.........
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2016
somafol:

You have taken the bold step and God will see you through. Please dont ignore any of your management practises. Be proactive in making decision. Pay attention to details and you will not regret it. You also need to make provision for treatment at regular interval, dont wait before sign of disease outbreak before administering preventive drugs.

Please can you post the [CP] Crude Protein of each of the mm you bought and at what price? Where is your location?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 9:05am On Jun 14, 2016
omisakint:
What chemical can I use to purify my water. Tired of seeing one of them floating... It kinda depressing.........

What sort of pond are you using, if it is concrete pond, wash your pond and treat your fish with salt and tetracyclin asap. Change your water regularly, do flow through at night. Feed before six in the evening
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblefarm: 9:07am On Jun 14, 2016
somafol:

Pls make sure u lime ur pond and leave for like seven days b4 stocking. Happy farming

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omisakint: 9:17am On Jun 14, 2016
Ttalk:

What sort of pond are you using, if it is concrete pond, wash your pond and treat your fish with salt and tetracyclin asap. Change your water regularly, do flow through at night. Feed before six in the evening

It an earthen pond.... I plan to use the tetracyclin starting this evening for 3 meals. And I already free the water to get to the flow through level so it should be flowing through soon. can the tetracyclin work with earthen pond also?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eyems: 9:19am On Jun 14, 2016
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
omisakint:

It an earthen pond.... I plan to use the tetracyclin starting this evening for 3 meals. And I already free the water to get to the flow through level so it should be flowing through soon. can the tetracyclin work with earthen pond also?

If you are stocking juvenile fine, but if it is fingerling you have to be careful
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stan4b(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hello guys, pls where in lag, around yaba oyingbo side can I get local catfish floating feed. Need urgent reply, tanx.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omisakint: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ttalk:

If you are stocking juvenile fine, but if it is fingerling you have to be careful

I stocked juvenile... I will keep the house posted
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stan4b(m): 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
Or, pls I ll rili appreciate it if anybody can give me a good catfish food formulation, nd where I can grind it. Tanx. Pls, am expecting a reply.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dondo83(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
omisakint:

I stocked juvenile... I will keep the house posted

my oga, I cant find your number and email contact again. please kindly send it to ceegee22000@yahoo.com thanks

sorry the message was for ttalk
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
somafol:
God bless your effort. Why is the water muddy? Have u test it? Have u fertilize it? All the best. U can ask me more question on 07065874135(whatsapp)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
omisakint:
purify how?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
stan4b:
Or, pls I ll rili appreciate it if anybody can give me a good catfish food formulation, nd where I can grind it. Tanx. Pls, am expecting a reply.
whr is ur location? Pm me on 07065874135. All the best!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omisakint: 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
chilanfarms:
purify how?

I mean to stop my fishes from dying and to clean the water
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hello ma great farmers how una deh do? Good I pray, been long una saw me grin I kuku deh arround. Hope say fish deh chop una money well well? Allow them oooo na una go gain @ d end grin .... for question and enqiure on our sales of seed contact me on 07065874135(whatsapp) 08076515345. See ya'll @ d TOP.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
yomiknows:
I need the phone no. of any vital feed seller in Mowe/Berger/Ikeja axis.
House, kindly assist.
there is a seller @ arepo
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by somafol: 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ttalk:

You have taken the bold step and God will see you through. Please dont ignore any of your management practises. Be proactive in making decision. Pay attention to details and you will not regret it. You also need to make provision for treatment at regular interval, dont wait before sign of disease outbreak before administering preventive drugs.

Please can you post the [CP] Crude Protein of each of the mm you bought and at what price? Where is your location?

2mm contains 45% crude protein - 7200
3mm contains 45% crude protein - 7200
4.5mm contains 42% crude protein - 7000
When I get the 6mm, I'll post the crude protein.

I'm based in Ilesa, Osun State.
The product is Aller-Aqua. A German product.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by murphyg: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
How soon do you need it. [/quote]

i dont mind this week, how can i reach u and whats the price range
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by murphyg: 9:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
phunkey101:

this week, how do i get in touch with you and whats the price range.

How soon do you need it.

this week
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kayfam(m): 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
miqos02:
there is a seller @ arepo

Please where in Arepo. I needs it badly.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Austinekg: 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
Thanks to you all for your support to far. You all have being a source of encouragement to me.

Please, some ogas in the house should help me on the step by step approach in preparing/ processing a tasty and well spiced smoked catfish.

I will be commencing production of packaged dried fish but only had little experience on how to prepare the smoked fish. All suggestion and advice is welcomed.

Love you all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kayfam(m): 10:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hello house, please I will like to know what type of feed is available for use now, considering the high cost of feed in the market. I'm basically looking for vital or any other. Good product. Thanks guys for your reply.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 9:37am On Jun 15, 2016
kayfam:

Please where in Arepo. I needs it badly.
enter the arepo estate by the filling station not too far
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 10:41am On Jun 15, 2016
dondo83:

my oga, I cant find your number and email contact again. please kindly send it to ceegee22000@yahoo.com thanks

sorry the message was for ttalk

goldgate2003@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.