Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,086 members, 7,845,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1502677 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello all is it true that all coppens product in the market are fake product, since 3 months ago.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
Reason for my question above, I bought 3000 ijebu fingerlings on the first day of stocking 425 died, we disnfected them with Tetracycline chlorophenicle and salt, second day 150 died before feeding tthem with coppens 0.5mm third day 68 died, 4th day 53 died although the supplier promised to replace all the dead after one week, my question now is is it possible that the feed could be killing them according to the seller dat all coppens feed in the mkt since 3months are fake. The area am confused is dat they ve have been dieing b4 feeding. Pls help
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by swissflow: 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Still waiting for name and price of the pumping machine, sir[/quote]

The name is SUNSUN and it's from China, different pumping capacity at different depth.
The wattage varies from 100w to 400w.
I have some on the way, don't know how reliable they but I willing to find out.

Please, can anyone confirm that TOPFEED catfish feeds and reliable compared to other popular feeds in the market?

Cheers.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:30am On Aug 30, 2016
Star30:
Reason for my question above, I bought 3000 ijebu fingerlings on the first day of stocking 425 died, we disnfected them with Tetracycline chlorophenicle and salt, second day 150 died before feeding tthem with coppens 0.5mm third day 68 died, 4th day 53 died although the supplier promised to replace all the dead after one week, my question now is is it possible that the feed could be killing them according to the seller dat all coppens feed in the mkt since 3months are fake. The area am confused is dat they ve have been dieing b4 feeding. Pls help
i cant confirm if all is fake,but with the high price of dollar to naira,there is great temptation for crafty people to produce such. Also note that the breeder wont want to take the blame. It is also important to state that in your bid to be smart in buying ijebu,many do outsmart themselves by the consequence. In whichever way,you learnt something.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2016
Sunnysteve009:
@EXCELSIORFARM, ROBONSKI5, PLS HOW MANY BAGS OF FISH FEED WILL FEED 1000 JUVINILLES TO ATTAIN 1KG TABLE SIZE, OR COST TO FEED ONE JUVENILLES TO 1KG TABLE SIZE AND WHAT IS THE CURRENT PRICE OF JUVENILLES.
Iam not selling anything presently,except services or time(laugh). Juvenile(REAL) cant be more than N25-35. The number of bags,depends on your breed,feed mgt & health of fish. Envisage between 350-420 for one, could be less or slightly more,depending on the factors stated earlier.

so my country man, it varies from individual to individual,from stock to stock,but you could set a range to be on safe side. Hence if someone tells you it is 10naira at least,but 30naira at most,better keep the 30 & if at the end you spend 14naira,it aids your profit.

Many will keep 10 & discover later that it is not enough & later endup in crisis. That is why many project die & many are in trouble with banks & their creditors.

All the Best.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

Morning sir, do you fabricate smoking klin for fish? If yes kindly send cost and type to ibisojacob2000@gmail.com

No madam, i think i saw pics of some oven in this thread where gas/chacoal was exibited. You can go through previous pages
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
oscarvicto:
. I contacted you based on the pelletizer. And I've still not received any response from you

Sir, was it through this medium or through my e-mail?. I do reply every e-mail messages as i dont want to divert attention from the main focus of this thread. You can always reach me sir, at goldgate2003@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by zanyzara: 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
My good people,una Welldone!

I'm about stocking my pond( putting finishing touches) and I have set my mind on starting them on coppens but with this news about fake coming up,i'm lost! Could you please recommend any good feed currently in market and price for me as I don't even know which one to start with. Please come to my aid ooo experienced fish farmers.

Thanks and awaiting your response.
Cc robonski15, pumpie et al

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
Star30:

I doubt if its the feed that caused the mortality, its rare to see a fake 0.5 mm coppens, more so the first day of stocking 425 died, u rightly said you did not feed them which is a red flag, its either they died due to transportation stress, or the buyer sold sickly seeds to you another might be you water, maybe too acidic or PH is high. Are they stable now?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
zanyzara:
My good people,una Welldone!

I'm about stocking my pond( putting finishing touches) and I have set my mind on starting them on coppens but with this news about fake coming up,i'm lost! Could you please recommend any good feed currently in market and price for me as I don't even know which one to start with. Please come to my aid ooo experienced fish farmers.

Thanks and awaiting your response.
Cc robonski15, pumpie et al

Bros there are other good feed out there like, skretting, aller aqua, aquamax, multi feed, zeigler. visit your nearest dealer in your location to know which feed is readily available and their prices..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by matrixme(m): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
looking for location to setup a private hatchery in Lagos. Preferably Lekki/Ajah axis. If you have an existing fish farm or suitable place, do get across.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by rhef(m): 4:39am On Aug 31, 2016
robonski15:

Hello sir, first of all over crowding is ruled out with that size of pond, there are some factors that could have made him ran at a loss. E.g Bad seeds (fingerlings, juvenile) poor water management, bad local feed formulation, price of fish..
I will tell him all your words. Many thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 8:41am On Aug 31, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
i cant confirm if all is fake,but with the high price of dollar to naira,there is great temptation for crafty people to produce such. Also note that the breeder wont want to take the blame. It is also important to state that in your bid to be smart in buying ijebu,many do outsmart themselves by the consequence. In whichever way,you learnt something.
I really learnt my lesson, experience is the best teacher I wanted to buy fingerlings stock it in a tampoulin and sort into an earthen pond after 1 month, I was conviced to buy ijebu fingerlings by d seller dat my pond wont contain fingerlings for a month. Sir they are 4 weeks now, when will they reach fingerling? This is my second season i ve never buy fingerlings or post fingerlings I did juvenile d first time
Am still a novice
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 8:42am On Aug 31, 2016
robonski15:

I doubt if its the feed that caused the mortality, its rare to see a fake 0.5 mm coppens, more so the first day of stocking 425 died, u rightly said you did not feed them which is a red flag, its either they died due to transportation stress, or the buyer sold sickly seeds to you another might be you water, maybe too acidic or PH is high. Are they stable now?
the mortality has reduced to 5 a day, some are still hanging and they eating well now thank u sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by somafol: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2016
Good morning farmers. I have over 100kg of melange for sale. 300-500grams. N500 per kilo. Location : Ilesa. Call 07053753655 or 07036017687.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 8:49am On Aug 31, 2016
swissflow:
Still waiting for name and price of the pumping machine, sir

The name is SUNSUN and it's from China, different pumping capacity at different depth.
The wattage varies from 100w to 400w.
I have some on the way, don't know how reliable they but I willing to find out.

Please, can anyone confirm that TOPFEED catfish feeds and reliable compared to other popular feeds in the market?

Cheers.
am using topfeed currently, is very good it aids fast growth and does not pollute water easily unlike vital
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SINGALLOM: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2016
Good day people, i just started catfish farm but the first time i hatch it doesn't come out well but the socking part is that on the third day they all dropped; i hatched again this last sunday though it still doesn't come out well. as at yesterday the small quantity that came out were all looking good but this morning they all dropped likewise. i did a lap test before i start production.attached is the reult from lab .NOTE the result on the second page is for my farm with 6.4 as the PH. please what do you think is the problem .

1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by adetaj: 11:19am On Aug 31, 2016
For your fingerlings, post fingerlings and juveniles, call our farm on 08053307198 & 08123371680.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by adetaj: 11:26am On Aug 31, 2016
For your practical training on catfish breeding, call our farm on 08053307198 & 08123371680.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by celestialAgent(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
SINGALLOM:
Good day people, i just started catfish farm but the first time i hatch it doesn't come out well but the socking part is that on the third day they all dropped; i hatched again this last sunday though it still doesn't come out well. as at yesterday the small quantity that came out were all looking good but this morning they all dropped likewise. i did a lap test before i start production.attached is the reult from lab .NOTE the result on the second page is for my farm with 6.4 as the PH. please what do you think is the problem .
i'm experiencing similar stuff... let's hope for good suggestions
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by shiftmarket(m): 2:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
What kind of place do you consider suitable?
matrixme:
looking for location to setup a private hatchery in Lagos. Preferably Lekki/Ajah axis. If you have an existing fish farm or suitable place, do get across.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by swissflow: 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
Star30:
am using topfeed currently, is very good it aids fast growth and does not pollute water easily unlike vital

Thanks, Star30 for your response.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by matrixme(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
shiftmarket:
What kind of place do you consider suitable?
good water and security basically
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by greenhope(m): 11:24am On Sep 01, 2016
KCoker:
Broodstock for sale. Male & Female
Weight range - 3kg - 5kg
Age range - 1.5yrs to 2.5yrs
Price - N1,500 per Kg
Location - Dopemu, Agege
Phone no. - 08105345966

Is it Pure clarias or Dutch?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by greenhope(m): 11:35am On Sep 01, 2016
Pls has anyone used ovulin and what was the experience?

Secondly does any one have ovaprim for sale
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
greenhope:
Pls has anyone used ovulin and what was the experience?

Secondly does any one have ovaprim for sale
No challenge, i had used it very well.

Alternative, go & use pituitary gland
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sagac10us: 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2016
melange catfish available..........upto 400kg @isara ogun state. contact sagacious on 07032731861 thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
Please, the Gurus in the House, kindly tell me the steps to take before introducing my Catfish into an Earthen Pond. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:33pm On Sep 01, 2016
Rotentina:
Please, the Gurus in the House, kindly tell me the steps to take before introducing my Catfish into an Earthen Pond. Thanks
having treated the pond & all in good condition, lower the fishes preferable at a corner of the pond,dont be in a hurry to feed(there will be some food like plantons) Or take some of your pond water & add to the fishes before introduction to the main pond. there is no rigid sequence,the most essential is that you dont throw the fishes anyhow into the pond. it applies to all pond type

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by shiftmarket(m): 9:47am On Sep 02, 2016
You left no contact details. Send me mail.
matrixme:

good water and security basically
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by harmbhrosz(m): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pls does anyone know if there's coppens and aller aqua.... I'm finding it difficult to get them in my location(sagamu-ogun state) pls anyone should kindly help with where and price of 1.5mm, 2mm, and 3mm pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.