Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1497980 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Silvereze(m): 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
This is how I started my catfish farm.... Farming catfish using tank in my backyard

https://www.agribusinesscoach.com/2016/05/how-i-started-my-cat-fish-farm-semi-intensive.html
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Silvereze(m): 11:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
Major causes of poor returns and loss in Catfish farming business

Read https://www.agribusinesscoach.com/2016/05/causes-of-poor-returns-on-catfish-farming-investment.html
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Silvereze(m): 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2017
Robonski I congratulate and appreciate you for the work you're doing here. Keep it up.

I'm a student of Agriculture, practicing farmer and love to help people set up their agribusiness..

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by austino01(m): 4:10am On Jan 24, 2017
Are you among the Nigerian youth that is ready to make good money this 2017, if that is you,please join 100's of youth getting full knowledge on pig farming and getting help to become their own boss before the end of the year Lots of money to be made in this business let me show you how and you will not be disappointed. send me a request on whats app +14042549461 and i will add you to the group don't be left out.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ican2020: 1:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ttalk:

Broiler starter contain about 20% crude protein and has fishmeal as one one of its protein source. There is alway need to increase protein content especially when preparing feed for catfish
Ingredients such as Soya, fishmill, GNC, binder, vitamins and lipid can be added
Thank you for helping out and stay bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:26am On Jan 25, 2017
Silvereze:
Robonski I congratulate and appreciate you for the work you're doing here. Keep it up.

I'm a student of Agriculture, practicing farmer and love to help people set up their agribusiness..

Check my signature

Good to know....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by austino01(m): 6:51am On Jan 25, 2017
Are you among the Nigerian youth that is ready to make good money this 2017, if that is you,please join 100's of youth getting full knowledge on pig farming and getting help to become their own boss before the end of the year Lots of money to be made in this business let me show you how and you will not be disappointed. send me a request on whats app +14042549461 and i will add you to the group don't be left out.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 10:21am On Jan 25, 2017
pearlyfish:
Hello fish farmers, we have 3 tarpaulin fish ponds measuring 8*18*4 for sale. If interested, please call 08033920554.
the pictures and price pls
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 10:46am On Jan 25, 2017
Pls house is there any adverse effect on buying and stocking the required feed for d fish at once from fingerings to 1kg (4mnths)
Say 67 bags for 1000 fish
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 10:49am On Jan 25, 2017
Pls house is there any adverse effect on buying and stocking the required feed for d fish at once from fingerings to 1kg (4mnths)
robonski15:

Thank you very much sir.. Have u started your fish farm or still gathering momentum..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
Thank you very much sir.. Have u started your fish farm or still gathering momentum..[/quote]This is my third season I made profit on the last two seasons, I just want to buy all the needed feed at once (foreign feed and Nigerian floating feed) to cut down expenses and stress and to avoid possible hike in feed price

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 5:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
It is wise to first look out for market before production start
Every wise investor settle the marketing aspect before looking at the profitability of the
business .
That is why a lot of people prefer CONTRACT FARMING , where investors/farmers don't
need to bother about who or how to sell their produce.
Call Gbenga for contract farming in Jatropha,cocoa, moringa, pig, turkey day old
production
,local chicken egg production, wad goats,sugarcane,Castor, bee wax, soya beans, etc
on 08120528950.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vroom(m): 6:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
Good evening to all my Ogas here....i have been a fish farmer for sometimes (though still leaning) , in the spirit of expansion, i want to add poultry to the chain, the land measuring 100/100 somewhere in nasarawa state, i am having issues with where to position the layers pen, fencing is completed with borehole an other materials ready, i want to use battery cage. one of my oga advice i should build the poultry pen against the sun, another said its best facing the sun for proper sunlight inside the pen, i will really appreciate all experienced poultry farmers in the house to pls help me out,i am considering 2 coshes of block round with wire mesh to complete itto the roofing level. anyone with good picture of poultry should kindly post

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:14am On Jan 26, 2017
Star30:
Thank you very much sir.. Have u started your fish farm or still gathering momentum..This is my third season I made profit on the last two seasons, I just want to buy all the needed feed at once (foreign feed and Nigerian floating feed) to cut down expenses and stress and to avoid possible hike in feed price

You should check the expiry date of the feeds before purchase..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by micgray100(m): 6:54am On Jan 26, 2017
Please house... I need to know the best way to filter my fish pond. I stay in Kaduna and I am using well water for now.. The volume of water the dug well yields is not enough to constantly change water every two days..

Pleas note.. Funds for borehole isn't available for now..
Thinking filtering the water is next way to go and allowing it fall from a height to gain oxygen..

Please expert in the house.. Need your help.. Cos I av started experiencing vertical hanging of my fish ( 2 months now)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2017
robonski15:

You should check the expiry date of the feeds before purchase..
it's one year for d foreign feed and 6months for Nigerian
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
vroom:
Good evening to all my Ogas here....i have been a fish farmer for sometimes (though still leaning) , in the spirit of expansion, i want to add poultry to the chain, the land measuring 100/100 somewhere in nasarawa state, i am having issues with where to position the layers pen,fencing is completed with borehole an other materials ready, i want to use battery cage.one of my oga advice i should build the poultry pen against the sun, another said its best facing the sun for proper sunlight inside the pen,i will really appreciate all experienced poultry farmers in the house to pls help me out,i am considering 2 coshes of block round with wire mesh to complete itto the roofing level.anyone with good picture of poultry should kindly post
anyone that advice you to construct your pen for the sun to rise & set into yr poultry pen,know nothing about poultry.2couches is okay for ventilation.If pond is big & birds limited,u can build over your ponds,reduce cost of feeding fishes

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:27pm On Jan 26, 2017
@vroom,if you choose,post your email & i will send you more than you requested totally free

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:30pm On Jan 26, 2017
austino01:
true, lots of money to be made in piggery,but why dont you start a thread & build up followership
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:32pm On Jan 26, 2017
Star30:
just the expiry date & store away from moist & heat
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
micgray100:
Please house... I need to know the best way to filter my fish pond. I stay in Kaduna and I am using well water for now.. The volume of water the dug well yields is not enough to constantly change water every two days..

Pleas note.. Funds for borehole isn't available for now..
Thinking filtering the water is next way to go and allowing it fall from a height to gain oxygen..

Please expert in the house.. Need your help.. Cos I av started experiencing vertical hanging of my fish ( 2 months now)
you need not change water every 2days if you are not overfeeding. Reduce feeding if your situation is dire & the ammonia buildup will reduce too.To filter you might need biofilter,but naira aint smiling.Try to get storage tank as reservoir for water collection overtime. Or pump into an overhead tank,pass the water through a tank with your biofilter setup & back to your ponds.For personal construction,you see video via youtube & then build yours. You still need to H2o
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
Ttalk:
5kg at 10,000 naira, that is 2000 naira per kg for starter. 10,800 for 15 kg for grow out at 720 per kg. Fish is sold at 650 and 520 for table size and melange. How are we going to make profit without developing our own method.
Robonsky
Exclessior
Ab1x
Ayosat
Soft 777
Juvefarm
Chilanfarm
Other highly respected contributors not mentioned
People are making losses because of high cost of feed. What is the way out. You inspired many to go into fish farming through your contributions. Dont abandon your people when they need you most.
Just thinking aloud
Good morning
funny brother, the price of feeds cannot be this high & also you can do a few setup to aid alternatives feeding,like putting light over ponds for insects, kitchen waste,manure(good water mgt & dont overfeed ),maggot,duckweed,build poultry with limited birds over ponds for dual advantage. In all fish price is abit reasonable to make something if no wastages
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 8:22pm On Jan 26, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
funny brother, the price of feeds cannot be this high & also you can do a few setup to aid alternatives feeding,like putting light over ponds for insects, kitchen waste,manure(good water mgt & dont overfeed ),maggot,duckweed,build poultry with limited birds over ponds for dual advantage. In all fish price is abit reasonable to make something if no wastages

@ Excellecior and Ab1x below is the current price of feed in Abj precisely Kado Fish Market
Skretting 0.7mm - 2,300 per kg
Coppens 0.8mm - 10,200 for 5kg
Coppens 1.5mm - 9,800 for 5kg
Alea-aqua 2mm - 10,200 15kg
Abuja farmers can confirm this
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2017
hello house pls is it advisable to cover my ponds?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 10:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
To all the gurus in the house I came across this method of making fish feed , it looks so simple and straight forward ... pls I need expert opinions tnx

I boiled water then emptied it into a big bowl. I then added the Garri(roasted cassava flakes). I added the bloodmeal into the bowl and stirred the mixture. It was now red in color. I then added the other ingredients, (Maize, GNC, Soybean Meal, Fish Meal, Methionine) one after the other. The salt was added by dissolving in water and then pouring all over the mixture and stir.

Ref: http://naijafarmer..com.ng/2016/10/how-i-made-my-catfish-feed-making.html?m=1
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:22am On Jan 27, 2017
Ttalk:

@ Excellecior and Ab1x below is the current price of feed in Abj precisely Kado Fish Market
Skretting 0.7mm - 2,300 per kg
Coppens 0.8mm - 10,200 for 5kg
Coppens 1.5mm - 9,800 for 5kg
Alea-aqua 2mm - 10,200 15kg
Abuja farmers can confirm this
even at this,it does not prevent you for making profit,whether for fish seeds & grow out. The measure stated earlier is beneficial for reducing production cost largely in grow-out. For your seeds,your production output settles your expenses.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:31am On Jan 27, 2017
Busayo1981:
hello house pls is it advisable to cover my ponds?
Many factors influences the decision & it differs from location to location. Weather condition is one. Size is another,oxygen level in water is another.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:46am On Jan 27, 2017
duullie88:
To all the gurus in the house I came across this method of making fish feed , it looks so simple and straight forward ... pls I need expert opinions tnx

I boiled water then emptied it into a big bowl. I then added the Garri(roasted cassava flakes). I added the bloodmeal into the bowl and stirred the mixture. It was now red in color. I then added the other ingredients, (Maize, GNC, Soybean Meal, Fish Meal, Methionine) one after the other. The salt was added by dissolving in water and then pouring all over the mixture and stir.

Ref: http://naijafarmer..com.ng/2016/10/how-i-made-my-catfish-feed-making.html?m=1
Used such method before,but for large or reasonable size fishes. Just to upset periods of shortage of funds. If water mgt is poor,you could have a crisis at hand easily. Though didnt evaluate outcome,but knew the process assisted in preventing weight loss. But i wont give such counsel if the resources are there for planned fish farming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kareka(m): 4:54am On Jan 27, 2017
@excelsior, please what are the types of kitchen waste in specific that one can use.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 27, 2017
@excelsiorfarm please can you explain some of the factors a little more. my location is jakande estate ejigbo and the weather is quite normal for now not too hot and not cold. thank you
excelsiorfarm:
Many factors influences the decision & it differs from location to location. Weather condition is one. Size is another,oxygen level in water is another.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 7:40am On Jan 27, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
Used such method before,but for large or reasonable size fishes. Just to upset periods of shortage of funds. If water mgt is poor,you could have a crisis at hand easily. Though didnt evaluate outcome,but knew the process assisted in preventing weight loss. But i wont give such counsel if the resources are there for planned fish farming.

Thank u sir... does this feed formular boost d weight of the fishes and from what week can one introduce such feed , plus is there a substitute for the bloodmeal with regards to not getting d water dirty and contaminated on time

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.