Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494751 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by LaBikerFarms: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
egoldi01:

What a detailed and sacrificed write up for the benefits of several newbies to study, analyse and query for clarity/details. God bless you richly

God bless us all richly.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
Tosade01:

Thanks boss for the response. The new stock is 500 fingerlings not juvenile. So help to recalculate the total number of bag of feeds and their sizes to feed them to melange and grow out. Since i cant do flow through and no aerator, i guess i will construct another pond and do grow out. Also help with the current selling price of melange and grow out. God bless you.
I attached the pond for the new stock.

The feed calculation above remain the same for melange. You only need 2kg of 0.8mm and 8kg of 1.5mm Coppens to take you to juvenile in two weeks.
For grow out the above feed estimates still apply you only need addition of 5bbags of 4mm, 8 bags of 6mm and 7 bags of 9mm. Total bags 32- 35

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tosade01(m): 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ttalk:

The feed calculation above remain the same for melange. You only need 2kg of 0.8mm and 8kg of 1.5mm Coppens to take you to juvenile in two weeks.
For melange the above feed estimates still apply you only need addition of 5bbags of 4mm, 8 bags of 6mm and 7 bags of 9mm. Total bags 32- 35

Thanks very much. God bless you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Deeone4real: 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
it is no longer news that value addition to farm produce is the way forward in agriculture and more profitable venture to a farmer especially in the aquaculture business . As the New Year is fast approaching, it is important one is equipped with the necessary technical know-how in oven dried catfish processing and that is why Melange Integrated farms in conjunction with Grassroots Fish Farmer Association (GROFFA) and Aqua Breeders Association of Nigeria (AQUABREN) is pleased to inform you that a great opportunity is now available to equip yourself with the necessary information, smoking process, packaging and arithmetical/ accounting calculations to determine the profitability of the venture.

the reason(s) for an average fish farmer to engage in Fish Smoking biz is endless -
�it's a biz which u combine with other line of businesses,
make supplies to Supermarts/ wife's shop/ friend's shop/ church/ corporate organizations etc,
�adding value to fish farming get additional income,
�to avoid total loss when there is crisis, a farmer can smoke and still make profit.
�take advantage of various opportunities in supply of Dried Catfish to various IDP camps,private and government boarding schools, individuals who usually travel abroad during Christmas period,students who resume school sessions abroad and desire their usual African dishes etc.

Our one- day training fee is *FREE,* however every participant is required to pay N10,000 and after the training, they go home with N10,000 worth of oven dried Fish which they can either consume or use to test the market in their area to determine if it's a biz they can actually start. Training date is slated for November 17, 18, 24, 25, December 1 and 2, 2017 at Ikorodu, Lagos. You can choose any convenient date between this period for the training.

for more enquiries, contact Melange Farms on *09031504726 or 08057950487* via call or whatsapp, feel free to pass the message on other whatsapp forum, we might just be helping someone to be an Entrepreneur in 2018. thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
I have table sizes ranges from 500gms - 1kg for sale quantity: over 1,000kg.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
OmoOshodi:
I have table sizes ranges from 500gms - 1kg for sale quantity: over 1,000kg.

My chairman you have been scarce online for weeks.. How is business?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 11:53pm On Nov 13, 2017
robonski15:

My chairman you have been scarce online for weeks.. How is business?
fine sir.... Na for the best o.
In other News .... I get specially made oven dried catfish for sale in bulk. grin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 11:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
Technical Team of OLAM Group (producers of Aqualis and Blue Crown extruded fish feeds) invite both existing and aspiring fish farmers to her farmer's forum.
Topic: New Technology in Aquaculture and Biosecurity: An element of successful Fish Farming Business (Prof Matthew Tan from University of Singapore
Date: Tuesday,14th Nov, 2017
Time : 10am
Venue : Johnson Agiri Hall, ADP, Agege.
Come one, come all!!!
For enquiries call:
Salami- 08131803306, Ayodeji-08061614272
Gabriel- 07034744508 and Mr Adeosun on 08060184848.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by danbike: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2017
Do you need a pellet machine in order to formulate your own feed? if not how would you do it to achieve the size needed to feed the fish. i am just new in the forum and biz.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2017
danbike:
Do you need a pellet machine in order to formulate your own feed? if not how would you do it to achieve the size needed to feed the fish. i am just new in the forum and biz.

You need a pellet machine to formulate feed in different sizes..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by 30card(m): 5:34am On Nov 15, 2017
Please house, is crushed noodles good for fish?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 9:01am On Nov 15, 2017
30card:
Please house, is crushed noodles good for fish?
It is better use as part of ingredients in feed formulation

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by danbike: 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
robonski15:

You need a pellet machine to formulate feed in different sizes..

Please sir, Where can i get the pellet machine?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by PoWConsulting: 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!
#2,000 only!!!

Purchase more than two documents and GET ONE FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Business Plan on Grasscutter Farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs. A comprehensive & bankable business plan for prospective entrepreneurs… Call to get the Table of Contents.

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked fish…Call to get the Table of Contents.

3. Business Plan on the Establishment of a Small scale Mechanized Gari Production Centre. Call to get the Table of Contents.

4. Business Plan on Instant Plantain Flour Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

5. Business Plan on Custard Powder Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

6. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid Soap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

7. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc. 

8. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

9. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness. 

10. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari 

12. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour 

13. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour 

14. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch 

15. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun) 

16. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch 

17. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging 

18. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

19. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Our business plan gives a holistic feasibility report of the production and technical plan, market analysis, marketing plan, personnel and labour management and most importantly, the financial plan which is standard and BANKABLE!!!

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities 

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dolarland(m): 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
good evening house, (♀) Heterobranchus longifilis x (♂) clarias gariepinus. (fast growing hybrid fingerlings) will soon be ready for sales

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by igchuks: 2:55am On Nov 16, 2017
52% foreign fish meal available at 450 per kg (excluding transportation) for local feed producers. Its suitable for growing and already grown catfish. In this era of crashing fish price its adviceable to cut down on fish meal for grown fish and not compromising quality as well.

Tested and trusted. Your fish will love it. We delivery Nationwide.
Want sample? No problem

Call to place your order 08036730328

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 6:08am On Nov 16, 2017
igchuks:
52% fish meal available at 450 per kg (excluding transportation) for local feed producers. Its suitable for growing and already grown catfish. In this era of crashing fish price its adviceable to cut down on fish meal for grown fish and not compromising quality as well.

Tested and trusted. Your fish will love it. We delivery Nationwide.
Want sample? No problem

What is the name of the brand?
Where is your location?

Call to place your order 08036730328
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by igchuks: 8:14am On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Ttalk post=62420014][/quote]

Location is Lagos
No brand name but the name if the fish is shower
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Petosin17: 8:18am On Nov 16, 2017
Good morning everyone on this forum.. I'm new here and new to the catfish business .. Jst want to ask.. Is there any growth promoters one can use to increase the weight of catfish
Also... I'm selling 40kg of 700g catfish and 35kg of 450g catfish.. Transportation is free in Lagos u can reach me on 08167178925

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by doctorexcel: 10:26am On Nov 16, 2017
Petosin17:
Good morning everyone on this forum.. I'm new here and new to the catfish business .. Jst want to ask.. Is there any growth promoters one can use to increase the weight of catfish
Also... I'm selling 40kg of 700g catfish and 35kg of 450g catfish.. Transportation is free in Lagos u can reach me on 08167178925

Bros in the house help your boy
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ojujumbo: 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
please who can give me an idea of the cost of fish in Abuja right now , I have over I tonne of cat fish ( average 1.2kg each) for sale. Contact me on 08182154049

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
PH Meter and 2 mouth aerator for sale..still brand new..if interested call 07062429419

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 9:45am On Nov 17, 2017
Petosin17:

I'm kind of confused.....I'm not doubting your been new to catfish business but you already have fishes of 700g and 450g....and you are requesting for a feed booster...I'm curious, dint they grow well within the expected period

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Petosin17: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2017
Fish4wealth:

I'm kind of confused.....I'm not doubting your been new to catfish business but you already have fishes of 700g and 450g....and you are requesting for a feed booster...I'm curious, dint they grow well within the expected period

The things is earlier this year I jst kept some in a small tub to see how they would do.. But I wasn't around to supervise due to nysc.. My expectation was like average 1kg .. But had financial issues at some point..
My asking for the growth promoters is cus I want to see if it is feasible to keep from juveniles to table size within 3 months..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdoh: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
@Robonski pls i need ur contact,
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by rhef(m): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2017
Tosade01:

Thanks boss for the response. The new stock is 500 fingerlings not juvenile. So help to recalculate the total number of bag of feeds and their sizes to feed them to melange and grow out. Since i cant do flow through and no aerator, i guess i will construct another pond and do grow out. Also help with the current selling price of melange and grow out. God bless you.
I attached the pond for the new stock.
Pls ensure that you change your water every 3 days for optimal growth.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by rhef(m): 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2017
snnaija:
my juvenile catfish are eating the hell out of my pocket...it's their second month going to these third and they are 2k in number...can you imagine 15kg bag of aqualis only last for 5days...pls is this normal or am I over feeding them??
Infact, I suspect that your water quality is low. Your fishes ought to be consuming 15kg of feed in 2 to 2.5 days at that age. Do not let any feed be left over on the water surface. Let them consume every feed pellet per time. Change your water as soon as you perceive odour from the pond. Pls dont be hesitant. Experience speaks!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dannie007(m): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hello house!! Please anyone in GROFFA here?? I'm a member loss my to theft. Ever since I retrieved both sim and phone missing alot from the whatsapp group. Here is my whatsapp number 09090040008 kindly tell admin to adds me back.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tosade01(m): 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
rhef:

Pls ensure that you change your water every 3 days for optimal growth.

Thanks, though i dont wait till 3days at times, once it rain and the water is dirty, i change the water.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
abdoh:
@Robonski pls i need ur contact,

robonski15@Gmail.com
Whatsapp 08061682047.

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.