Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494389 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOM208: 8:00pm On Apr 15, 2018
fisher777:
Add me on whatsapp please interested.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Mkmoney(m): 8:40pm On Apr 15, 2018
Please add 07062885539
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by JobFallOnMe: 8:40am On Apr 16, 2018
chilanfarms:
if 5000 juveniles eat 150bags u can't have 650g. 150bags= 2250kg of feed, divide it among 5000 juveniles of say 10g body weight. Wat u will have is. 450kg max. The price they r buying is low if u r gonna make any profit @ all. Then seed price is on the higher side too max juveniles should be #25. If u wana do melange (3months) target u need to stock higher... on 10000 juveniles book @ least 3.2toons of feed and u will have them weighing 300-350g per fish...

But can one raise the juveniles to an average of 1kg within 3months if one decides to add his own fund, and like what will be the survival rate?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Chukwumahike: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2018
Pls send me a watapp msage on 08063258557
chilanfarms:
u can get it @ adeniji Eko, musin...u can pm me will give u contact of someone @ Musin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
JobFallOnMe:

But can one raise the juveniles to an average of 1kg within 3months if one decides to add his own fund, and like what will be the survival rate?
...well it depend on the size of juvenile u stock and also d quality of the parent stock use in the breeding... water management also count alot.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SLOVFO(m): 10:08am On Apr 17, 2018
Hello farmers,

I need answers to some pressing questions.

I have been doing market research on catfish farming in my locality. I met one of the fish sellers and asked how and where he gets supplies. To my surprise he told me he travels to another faraway town to buy fishes whereas we have fish farmers in my town. His reason was that, fishes bred in earthen pond taste better than ones bred in plastic or tarpaulin ponds. I want to know if there is any truth to that? And if so, how can one scale through farming in the city where it will be tough to get earthen ponds?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Babacele: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2018
ubreeze:
Thanks Chilanfarms. Okay, I will go for the option of 10,000 Juveniles. 3.5 tonnes = 212 bags of feed bah.
So with FCR of 1:1 in mind, I have to go for about 433 bags of feed to get 650g in 3 months for 10,000 juveniles?
#25 per juvenile noted.
Please how much do you think we shd sell per KG.
The cost of feed is stilla concern, is N6000 per bag ok?
Thanks for all your help so far.
talk to the rep of Vital feeds in your area . Apart from quality, weight gain , FCR of 1.06, you get insurance cover to take care of your risks and you can get some discounts too. CAFAN endorses only Vital feeds ! Tell me your location and I can link to the Rep there. Cheers.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
SLOVFO:
Hello farmers,

I have been doing market research on catfish farming in my locality. I met one of the fish sellers and asked how and where he gets supplies. To my surprise he told me he travels to another faraway town to buy fishes whereas we have fish farmers in my town. His reason was that, fishes bred in earthen pond taste better than ones bred in plastic or tarpaulin ponds. I want to know if there is any truth to that? And if so, how can one scale through farming in the city where it will be tough to get earthen ponds?
# very correct... stronger and can stand stress.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 11:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
SLOVFO:
Hello farmers,

In mine opinion, the taste of your fish depends on many factors, critical of which are water management, and the type / quality of your feed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by clementjava: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2018
TOM208:

The cost of feed is not a problem anymore with Ace super floating feed mills.
Our products is our pride.
Your fish will grow big in few months.

A trial will convince you.
Check our price list below (see attachment)

Thank you for your patronage and God bless you

if you are in Oyo town and environs and you need ACE FISH FEED, contact us at CLEWAD ENTERPRISES, Shop 2, Opp 'Iya Abuja Fine building", Tobbaco-Dacamca Road, Owode, Oyo Town, O8O58597613.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chuksogb(m): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2018
slimfit042:

pls oga chuks how do i get in contact wit u,pls i need such design urgently tnk you.
. call me
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mekd: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
Good day all, please anyone with idea where I can buy quality brood stock in Port Harcourt.. Size 2 - 3kg thanks female
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
samnaija:
Pls would love assistance in the culturing of dapna. Anybody ...
get in touch buddy.... I got your back. 07067248781
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by akpobo2k: 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
mekd:
Good day all, please anyone with idea where I can buy quality brood stock in Port Harcourt.. Size 2 - 3kg thanks female

Call 08150687213.. we have quality broodstock
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by akpobo2k: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hello house, the anal and adipose fins on my Table size catfishes are scared with injury. Could that be a kind of infection cos i have lost about 12 in the past 4days and a good number have that injury.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2018
SLOVFO:
Hello farmers,

That is not the truth. The taste of fish depends on several things: specie, feed used to raise the fish, age of the fish, environmental conditions ie water management, among others

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2018
akpobo2k:
Hello house, the anal and adipose fins on my Table size catfishes are scared with injury. Could that be a kind of infection cos i have lost about 12 in the past 4days and a good number have that injury.
you got an outbreak... Stop feeding for the moment (as it will aggravate the injuries during feeding hustle). Total water change and salt therapy should combat the disease and control the mortality. Use vitamins afterwards. Check your pH and ensure its within optimum.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by neezar: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2018
robonski15:

There are some cheap feed in the market, like Crown,top Vital etc.. depending on the age of your fish i will advice you take formulation of feed as your priority to make profit.
how much do u make monthly from this business

I am interested sa
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by durodee(m): 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
Thanks! I would like to have the contacts of the Rep for Ogbomoso, Oyo State.
Babacele:
talk to the rep of Vital feeds in your area . Apart from quality, weight gain , FCR of 1.06, you get insurance cover to take care of your risks and you can get some discounts too. CAFAN endorses only Vital feeds ! Tell me your location and I can link to the Rep there. Cheers.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by edetmike: 9:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
In spite many years past! your article is timely, great job �
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 12:00am On Apr 20, 2018
neezar:

how much do u make monthly from this busines[quote author=edetmike post=66859637]
I am interested sa
be careful please. Invest wisely

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by snnaija(f): 6:26am On Apr 20, 2018
why do I keep seeing this on my pond after 3days and is it healthy for the fishes?

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by neezar: 7:40am On Apr 20, 2018
fisher777:
be careful please. Invest wisely
alright boss
I am madly in love with the poultry part
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 7:58am On Apr 20, 2018
snnaija:
why do I keep seeing this on my pond after 3days and is it healthy for the fishes?

How many fish do you have in there? Are you feeding them regularly?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2018
neezar:

alright boss

I am madly in love with the poultry part

Poultry is beautiful. Be sure to do it very well if you are already skilled in it.

For the fish farming, BE SURE to learn as much as you can before going to ask 'how much is one fingerling?' Don't put your money on some stuffs you read here. What works for rabbit may not work for grasscutter. Some of the people here are marketers and usually marketers don't actually know the detail of the products they market. Learn from a practicing and successful farmer first. Be in touch with a mentor for guidance.

Aqauculture is beautiful and risky.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by snnaija(f): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2018
fisher777:
How many fish do you have in there? Are you feeding them regularly?
yes...I think I even over feed them...500 at most
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Kneyo(m): 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2018
You can get your quality fingerlings at Kneyo Farms
Farm Location: Ikotun-Idimu road
Price: #12
Whatsapp: 07053428040
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by akpobo2k: 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
Does anyone have table size catfish from 1.5kg in abuja. Please pchat me on 08150687213
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2018
Hello lovelies Happy Sunday... here comes another opportunity to become ur own boss,Yes become your own boss! Will be doing a free online training on how to become a succefull Catfish farmer. Yes you heard me right free trainings for my hard working Nigerian young and old who her Govt has failed to provide jobs for and still call dem lazy. Alot are wandering on the street looking for white , blue and green colla job dt is not available. Come and learn the ropes from the experts! Pm me on whatsapp 07065874135. God bless us all. The next generation of trillionaire are those that goes back to the farm....#DOAGRICITPAYS... Their almost 12 Ventures under Catfish farming from which you can make cool cash from without much stress. Come lets show you how its best don.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 9:40am On Apr 23, 2018
snnaija:

yes...I think I even over feed them...500 at most
If you over feed them the water will go so bad that the fish will start dying unless you're doing flow thru.

If you have regular supply of water do this: flush the pond.- change about 60% of the water. First you attempt to fill up the tank more than usual then open the outlet while the inlet is still on...allow it to run same for a while. Watch that the water doesn't empty below 30% as the fish will be stressed while seeking cover.

Close the inlet when the color of the water seems to have a cleared up a bit but not totally..at this stage you may apply your vitamins or other stuff if you're doing organic farming. Fill up as usual let them settle and feed after about 6hrs or next day if evening is already upon you.

®NOTE: It is not in the interest of the fish for you to a 100% water change UNLESS for therapeutic, grading, and splitting reasons.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 11:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
Dear FISH FARMER,u are specially invited to A MUST-ATTEND Aller Aqua annual workshop IN CONJUNCTION WITH LASCAFFAN BDG on THURS 26th:04:18 at Hunwaji Apartments & Hotels ,BEHIND SOKETA HOTELS BADAGRY Time:10:00am.NB,THE TECH.&FOREIGN TEAM WILL BE ON GROUND,LOTS OF INFO & TAKE HOME..
PLS INVITE OTHERS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.