Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1495783 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Oyinchristianah: 8:21am On Jul 06, 2018
TOM208:

Please add me to the whatsapp group

Add me to the group 07013696528
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Youngext: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
Please add me to the group as i intend starting in a large scale 08168424640
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mekd: 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
stan4b:
Hello great farmers.
Pls, I want to ask. Is It OK to feed my fish with my formulated sinking feed, den at the same time feed the fishes with a locally formulated floating feed. Wot am trying to say is, let's say I give them my own formulated sinking feed, den after about 20 minutes, I give them the local floating feed ( say vita feed) in other to see if I fed them with my own sinking feed to saturation.
Thanks for ur replies.
yes I think it's ok,actually it helps to prevent feed waste and water pollution
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aniblue(m): 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
Goodpm great farmers,
This is the best forum I've seen in Nairaland,
Since 2013 and still running, that's phenomenal.

Where are the pioneer guru of this group, I mean the likes of Robonski, excelsior, Ab1x etc?

They're heaven sent, God bless them wherever they are,
And to all the experts in the house keeping the house running, I salute you all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 8:40pm On Jul 06, 2018
aniblue:
Goodpm great farmers,
This is the best forum I've seen in Nairaland,
Since 2013 and still running, that's phenomenal.

Where are the pioneer guru of this group, I mean the likes of Robonski, excelsior, Ab1x etc?

They're heaven sent, God bless them wherever they are,
And to all the experts in the house keeping the house running, I salute you all.

We are very much around. I greet una o
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2018
roolnaado:

OAU IFE.

You may not remember me, we were in the same dept.

Cant reply pms...email

Ok send me a msg on whatsapp 07036871939
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wisefizz(m): 10:51am On Jul 08, 2018
Book your healthy catfish at affordable price.
*Available sizes*
�fingerlings
�Post fingerlings
�juvenile

*Location* : Osogbo , Osun State.
For enquiry Call: *09069137690*
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by youngzoologist: 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
pharmzy:
I'm planning to employ a worker in my farm but I don't know what monthly salary that would be appropriate for him. The person will be working from Monday through Saturdays. Anyone with an idea should please help. Thanks

Determinining your staff salary will be subject to few considerations and you must ensure that such staff is not underpaid...else..regrets....
1. Farm capacity...
2. Farm duties/responsibilties...
3. Accomodation...(proximity) on transportation...
4. Educational qualification or farm management skills....
5. Your financial capacity aside of farm profit.....

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2018
Good to be here after a long break my people, hope we are all counting our money.

For people within Abuja and environs you can join us on Fish Info on Whatsapp group for continuous discussion and prompt response to your questsions on the link below

https:///16JHraurzfGJXZZY1kflXW
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cassie74: 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2018
Can't see the link.. What do I do
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Deapexboy(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2018
planetfood:
if it a new constructed pondg, fill it up with water then drop a tied bank of chinken dropings in it and leave it 4 8day. After 8days discharge d water and wash d entire pond with water and salt. For existing pond just wash with water and salt

Pls check your Mail
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aniblue(m): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2018
Good morning all,
Pls I have 1000 fingerlings in stock, currently fed with 0.5mm copens, With an intention to sell as mélange at the forth month.
My intention is to feed them with foreign feed for 2 months and the remaining months with a Nigerian feed.

My questions are;
1. If I use copens, (havent seen where to buy zeigler)will the sales be profitable?

2.how good is Aller Aqua feed? Can I use it in place of copens?

3. I came across Ecofloat feed in the market and the price seems to be mild, is there anyone using it?
How good is it?

Considering the current price of feed, how much will it take me to raise the fish to melange level (4 months)

Pls help a brother, I look forward to your responds, thank you all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
aniblue:
Good morning all,
Pls I have 1000 fingerlings in stock, currently fed with 0.5mm copens, With an intention to sell as mélange at the forth month.
My intention is to feed them with foreign feed for 2 months and the remaining months with a Nigerian feed.

My questions are;
1. If I use copens, (havent seen where to buy zeigler)will the sales be profitable?

3. I came across Ecofloat feed in the market and the price seems to be mild, is there anyone using it?
How good is it?

Considering the current price of feed, how much will it take me to raise the fish to melange level (4 months)

Coppens is good but expensive, i dont know if Zeiglar is available in your part of the country. You can try you hand on Allaer Aqua or Skretting, they are very good for first two months. Then you can change to much more less expensive feed.

You seems to be much concern about feed, but i will advice you focus more on your water management, this is the bedrock of every success in fishfarming. You can manipulate your feed input but you cant manipulate your water requirement. It has to be 100% for maximum result. Remember every other factors depend on your water input
And for the cost to feed fish per one, this is very subjective. Just ensure you dont spend unnecessarily and you will definitely make it

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2018
https:///l6HraurzfGJXZZY1kflXW

Follow us on the above whatsapp group to get latest information about fish farming
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Cassie74: 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ttalk:
https:///l6HraurzfGJXZZY1kflXW

Follow us on the above whatsapp group to get latest information about fish farming

It's not showing anything
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aniblue(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ttalk:

Coppens is good but expensive, i dont know if Zeiglar is available in your part of the country. You can try you hand on Allaer Aqua or Skretting, they are very good for first two months. Then you can change to much more less expensive feed.

You seems to be much concern about feed, but i will advice you focus more on your water management, this is the bedrock of every success in fishfarming. You can manipulate your feed input but you cant manipulate your water requirement. It has to be 100% for maximum result. Remember every other factors depend on your water input
And for the cost to feed fish per one, this is very subjective. Just ensure you dont spend unnecessarily and you will definitely make it

Thanks for your quick responds
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dolarland(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
Good evening house. Pls if 1000 cubic liters of water is written on a drug how many liters does it mean
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
dolarland:
Good evening house. Pls if 1000 cubic liters of water is written on a drug how many liters does it mean

Do u mean cubic meter to litre?

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
stan4b:
Hello great farmers.
Pls, I want to ask. Is It OK to feed my fish with my formulated sinking feed, den at the same time feed the fishes with a locally formulated floating feed. Wot am trying to say is, let's say I give them my own formulated sinking feed, den after about 20 minutes, I give them the local floating feed ( say vita feed) in other to see if I fed them with my own sinking feed to saturation.
Thanks for ur replies.

If they r responding to d feeds well, u can go ahead

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
aniblue:
Good morning all,

My questions are;

How good is it?

Aller aqua is a good quality and saves u cost compare to copens which is expensive.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
Yekeenbola:
Pls I would appreciate If anyone can add me to the whatsapp group

Thank you good people.

Okk I will add u.. u can send me message on whatsapp, my phone number is on my profile

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dolarland(m): 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2018
haywire1:

Do u mean cubic meter to litre?

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wisefizz(m): 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
Book your healthy catfish at affordable price.
*Available sizes*
fingerlings
Post fingerlings
juvenile

*Location* : Osogbo , Osun State.
For enquiry Call: *09069137690*
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
[quote author=dolarland post=69313332][/quote]

It’s 500 to 1000 litres of water

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by iyasco90(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2018
Please, is there anyone here with information of any available fish pond for renting in Kaduna. Thanks!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Austinekg: 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
Good day House,
A friend of mine is in need of 10,000 standard post fingerlings btw 6-7cm. Anyone with the available quantity should PM on 08060291223.

First batch seeds OH

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.