Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,485 members, 7,958,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross (793 Views)

Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? / Was Mary,mother Of Jesus Crucified? / When Was Jesus Crucified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by Adufaye(m): 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2013
It is thus unfortunate that so many details have been missed or even falsely portrayed by tradition.
So i want to hear from you guys,if Jesus was crucify on pole or cross,many church believe it was on the cross,few believe it was on a pole
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by TableLeg(m): 8:49pm On Mar 29, 2013
Cross or pole, it doesn't matter now!
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by Dejoguy(m): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2013
Jesus was crucified on a cross and not a pole. There is great difference between a cross and a pole, so please dont mistake a pole for a cross.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by Godmother(f): 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2013
@ OP
Very sil ly question. Why ask such? If u re a muslim and want to knw something about the Bible come out straight and ask. Its d same way a Christian would ask about anything in islam they are not sure of.

If you are a christian and asking this kind of question then I sorry for u
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by Adufaye(m): 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
Godmother: @ OP
Very sil ly question. Why ask such? If u re a muslim and want to knw something about the Bible come out straight and ask. Its d same way a Christian would ask about anything in islam they are not sure of.

am a christain,and what do u knw abt the bible? Huh! I asked a quest n u r insultin me
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by Adufaye(m): 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
Dejoguy: Jesus was crucified on a cross and not a pole. There is great difference between a cross and a pole, so please dont mistake a pole for a cross.
i knw cross and i knw pole,hv watched many clip abt Jesus crucifixion,few were pole many were cross
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by Godmother(f): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2013
@ OP

Dude, wasn't insulting u. If my post came across as an insult, then I'm sorry. Your topic just surprised me, that's all.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by Mcleo007(m): 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gothic ancient Roman tradition has it that, criminals were nailed to a cross primarily as a set example. Often times, the offenders offence is tagged on the top cross or crafted on his flesh as message to all. It was a crude and savage act, as in most cases, the criminal is nailed to the cross yet alive and left to die in excruciating pains and agony.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by Adufaye(m): 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2013

Dude, wasn't insulting u. If my post came across as an insult, then I'm sorry. Your topic just surprised me, that's all.
tanks am sori to,we are all learnin,dey r manytins untold,from ur opinion,was he crucify on pole or cross
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by israel007: 10:44pm On Mar 29, 2013

What exactly has the OP said to warrant u being derogatory here.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by phinejoe2: 11:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
Those few are correct. Jesus was crucified on a pole/stake or tree nd nt cross. Act 5:30; 10:39

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by Adufaye(m): 4:08am On Mar 30, 2013
phinejoe2: Those few are correct. Jesus was crucified on a pole/stake or tree nd nt cross. Act 5:30; 10:39
thanks jawe more power 2 ur elbow,hv been tellin people! Many christain hv read dis page,bt still blived it was cross
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by iamswizz(m): 4:25am On Mar 30, 2013
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross by Adufaye(m): 6:34am On Apr 01, 2013
d bible neva said cross

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Or Easter, Which Is More Important? / TB Joshua Prophesied The Boston Marathon Explosions Since January / Who Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.