Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers (3301 Views)

Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by maxibrainz: 2:08am On Mar 30, 2013
I want to ask is it posible to network a modem am using to browse on a desktop so that other computers can also browse with it. If possible how is it done.
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by HARDDON: 2:20am On Mar 30, 2013
Mtn my Fi
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by maxibrainz: 7:10am On Mar 30, 2013
HARDDON: Mtn my Fi
the computers got no wifi i mean networking them with network cables
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by walex25(m): 9:54am On Mar 30, 2013
U are going to share the internet from the host computer. using windows sharing, I believe most Microsoft windows has that facility. but you need to get another Lan port to enable you to share it with others. but if your computer OS is Windows server, u can use NAT to share it.
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 30, 2013
Yes it is possible. You need only one lan port and will also need a switch and networking cables to connect the computers together.
On your windows machine goto
Network Connections
Right-click your modem connection eg MTN 3G or GLO 3G or etisalat etc.
Click 'Sharing' Tab
Select 'allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection'
Select 'local area connection'
Click OK.
Thats the steps to set it up.
Cheers
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 30, 2013
To get to Network Connections open run(win + R) type ncpa.cpl click ok.
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by maxibrainz: 4:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
Thanks guys
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by denny4ril: 11:10am On Mar 31, 2013
maxibrainz: I want to ask is it posible to network a modem am using to browse on a desktop so that other computers can also browse with it. If possible how is it done.

TRY www.connecify.me
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by maxibrainz: 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
@denny do u know were i can download conectify that works with windows xp service pack 1, the one i download works with only pack 2 and window 7
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
maxibrainz: @denny do u know were i can download conectify that works with windows xp service pack 1, the one i download works with only pack 2 and window 7
maxibrainz I once have dis your problem but a boy in Festac came to do it for me. If u download connectify dey will only give you free trial version and ask you to pay $30 for a year license or $45 for a lifetime license of connectify Pro. He sold the connectifyPro lifetime to me for N3,000. The coverage is so powerful that I do connect friends , family and some of my neighbors for free. I'm enjoying my vpn and multilinks network wella.
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
He also have AVG anti virus that will expire in October 2018 for N5,000. He will come to your location to do the installations for you. Anywhere in lagos.
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by maxibrainz: 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
Thanks alot guys i just successful networked all the systems in a cybercafe to browse with a modem. The are now using the one year Airtel free browsing i configured for them
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by maxibrainz: 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
chuks315: Yes it is possible. You need only one lan port and will also need a switch and networking cables to connect the computers together.
On your windows machine goto
Network Connections
Right-click your modem connection eg MTN 3G or GLO 3G or etisalat etc.
Click 'Sharing' Tab
Select 'allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection'
Select 'local area connection'
Click OK.
Thats the steps to set it up.
Cheers
this step is very similar with what i did weldon guy
Re: Networking A Modem To Browse On Several Computers by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
maxibrainz: Thanks alot guys i just successful networked all the systems in a cybercafe to browse with a modem. The are now using the one year Airtel free browsing i configured for them
hw did u configure dem to use one yr free browsing on airtel...abeg

(1) (Reply)

How To Unlock An Etisalat/9mobile Mifi / Facebook Blocked, How Do I Bypass? / Free Text Message Software,display Sender's Name.eg John From Your Mobile To The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.