Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1162662 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
walcolm:
i'm sure you should know by now that Nigerians naturally exploit each other. to cut your sim at the friendship centre for your network should be free but expect to be charged around 1000

i won't advise you to cut the sim yourself
bros i don turn pro for hand cutting now grin mine just 200 naira heheh cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
Abeg gurus help ooo. I have been finding it difficult to buy gam e on my app world.i am using a q10. And I have been tried everything possible but to no avail.please any solution or is any one going thru d same.i am using gtb
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
I'm using White BB Q10 and I'm loving it now I can access all my stuffs @ the same time on the go.... I have "Sideloaded" over 50 Android apps and 20 games on it by myself...... GOD Bless BlackBerry for doing this Smartphone
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
marious: I'm using White BB Q10 and I'm loving it now I can access all my stuffs @ the same time on the go.... I have "Sideloaded" over 50 Android apps and 20 games on it by myself...... GOD Bless BlackBerry for doing this Smartphone

liar..why u dey lie anyhow?how many sideloaded apps and games work efficiently on on bb 10(z10 n q10)?
stop your misleading comment. lipsrsealed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
Abeg gurus help ooo. I have been finding it difficult to buy gam e on my app world.i am using a q10. And I have been tried everything possible but to no avail.please any solution or is any one going thru d same.i am using gtb
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hey house!! Ayt I wana join in the BB10 craze tew. I jst orderd a Q5 and i'll get it by 2mor or nxt. I'll like 2 know which netwrk is best 2 use on it 2 rwilli "enjoy" it. Also can I get the 4G netwrk 2 cool
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stanhanks: 12:48am On Jul 31, 2013
lymelyte: Abeg gurus help ooo. I have been finding it difficult to buy gam e on my app world.i am using a q10. And I have been tried everything possible but to no avail.please any solution or is any one going thru d same.i am using gtb
you need to but a 'token' before you can use your gtb Mastercard online. To do this you have to apply for it at any of their branches
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stanhanks: 12:50am On Jul 31, 2013
sydney01: Hey house!! Ayt I wana join in the BB10 craze tew. I jst orderd a Q5 and i'll get it by 2mor or nxt. I'll like 2 know which netwrk is best 2 use on it 2 rwilli "enjoy" it. Also can I get the 4G netwrk 2 cool
I'll advice you to use glo. Their comonth plan with a data cap of 3Gb costs only 1,400 and it works perfectly with my Z10. If their network in your area is good it's a very good option.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:10am On Jul 31, 2013
lymelyte: Abeg gurus help ooo. I have been finding it difficult to buy gam e on my app world.i am using a q10. And I have been tried everything possible but to no avail.please any solution or is any one going thru d same.i am using gtb

carrier billing is not available in Nigeria so you need to have an acceptable debit/credit card associated with your BBID

confirm you have that?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:15am On Jul 31, 2013
sydney01: Hey house!! Ayt I wana join in the BB10 craze tew. I jst orderd a Q5 and i'll get it by 2mor or nxt. I'll like 2 know which netwrk is best 2 use on it 2 rwilli "enjoy" it. Also can I get the 4G netwrk 2 cool

no carrier in Nigeria has implemented the 4G...the highest claim is 3.75G by etisalat..all the others claim only 3.5G..how that displays on your phone is H+

Back to your question, the most cost effective data plan for the BB10 devices (MB:Price ratio) is by Glo and Airtel depending on how fast they are in your area. They allow their vanilla BIS plan to work on BB10 devices. i will suggest the MONTHLY COMPLETE PLAN...

Don't waste your time with MTN and Etisalat unless you're ready to buy their more expensive BB10 data plan
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:30am On Jul 31, 2013
Folks,

hope you are all using your FREE 90days SKYPE CALLS to any number and any country?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:42am On Jul 31, 2013
folks,

if you have not seen this, check it out

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElkvHt4ArU4

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QGAc1zOhBg
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 7:51am On Jul 31, 2013
stanhanks: you need to but a 'token' before you can use your gtb Mastercard online. To do this you have to apply for it at any of their branches
I have a token which i purchased last year..i dont know what seems to be wrong.I have filled in all details but it show " TRANSACTION ERROR.AUTHORIZATION FAILED.PLEASE TRY AGAIN" but it doesnt show where to put the digits generated by the token.I don tire.please advice.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 8:08am On Jul 31, 2013
walcolm:

carrier billing is not available in Nigeria so you need to have an acceptable debit/credit card associated with your BBID

confirm you have that?

if carrier billing is not available in nigeria,then why are they shipping blackberry fones here?i am using a gtb mastercard and i also have a token which works perfectly.And as a matter of fact,i have bought items online with my card so i see no reason why i cant use it on bb APP WORLD.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2013
lymelyte:

if carrier billing is not available in nigeria,then why are they shipping blackberry fones here?i am using a gtb mastercard and i also have a token which works perfectly.And as a matter of fact,i have bought items online with my card so i see no reason why i cant use it on bb APP WORLD.

carrier billing is a situation where the cost of an app or service gets charged to your airtime credit...it has nothing to do with Blackberry as a company but the network provider

for your card to work, it needs to be registered with your name aka BBID

when you go to 'Settings' look for 'Payment Options' at the bottom of the list..if your card is already accepted as a viable payment option, your transaction will go through without a glitch
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by vozkini(m): 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
On which site @jarnick, do you download the movies?

Jarnik: Please House, I just bought a Z10 cheesy and I have been trying to download my normal weekly Games of Thrones series, but the native z10 browser is not giving me options to save, rather it streams it. Pls how can I go about downloading videos with z10? Pls I need answers urgently sad . Team Z10 all the way
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
walcolm:

no carrier in Nigeria has implemented the 4G...the highest claim is 3.75G by etisalat..all the others claim only 3.5G..how that displays on your phone is H+

Back to your question, the most cost effective data plan for the BB10 devices (MB:Price ratio) is by Glo and Airtel depending on how fast they are in your area. They allow their vanilla BIS plan to work on BB10 devices. i will suggest the MONTHLY COMPLETE PLAN...

Don't waste your time with MTN and Etisalat unless you're ready to buy their more expensive BB10 data plan

Tnx!cheesy...Konga just delivered the fone lyk 20mins ago cheesy Im charging it ryt now I wan charge am till e shine purple b4 I free am start 2 use am incase any evil spirit dey inside grin. I guess i'll use airtel then...or maybe glo i dunno yet i'm in uniport. Hw do I go bout the micro-sim thingy iv neva used one b4 shae I fit employ my sharp scissors lipsrsealed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
walcolm: --------Post updated today 23rd July------

For those now on the z10, Q10 and now Q5 devices running on the new blackberry 10 OS, post your requests, observations here.

Been using one since March 2013 and I can help you with questions you may have cool

DATA PLAN

FULL BIS will still work with no problem on all networks

Stay away from 'Social' Plans on all networks....they don't work

COMPLETE plans should work cos it only restricts no of email addresses you can register on BIS but BB10 doesn't handle email with BIS. i use this particular BIS flavor on Glo and Airtel and i can confirm they work flawlessly

UPDATE: I have a first hand experience that Glo BB COMPLETE PLAN work with no problem

New BB10 Data plans,
STAY AWAY from GLO BB10 MIDMONTH plan, it has been placed on 2G network to block video and audio streaming

The great news is BB10 will run on any normal data plan for andriods, iPhone, mifi etc so we dont even need the crappy BB10 plans being introduced by the networks

APPS
To get the very best apps on the BB10 OS, look for apps with the 'BUILT FOR BLACKBERRY' designation.
if you search with those keywords in Blackberry world, you'll see a long list of apps that are in that category

So which plan is advisable to use with Glo on bb10
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
sydney01:

Tnx!cheesy...Konga just delivered the fone lyk 20mins ago cheesy Im charging it ryt now I wan charge am till e shine purple b4 I free am start 2 use am incase any evil spirit dey inside grin. I guess i'll use airtel then...or maybe glo i dunno yet i'm in uniport. Hw do I go bout the micro-sim thingy iv neva used one b4 shae I fit employ my sharp scissors lipsrsealed

congrats on your shiny new Q5..i can assure you, you'll love it.

glo is pretty decent in ph in my experience (i get H level signal in town) and the fact that you get 3gb for the same price as Airtel's 2gb gives them an edge in your case.

cutting your current sim to a micro-sim size is quite easy and the glo office can do that for you easily. there's something called a sim-cutter that does a clean job

even before putting a sim card into the device, if you have a place where you can connect to a wifi, go there and connect, check for software update and pull the 10.1MR version so that you get rid of any manufacturing/warehouse evil spirit grin that could still be left in the device

if this is your very first BB ever, you need to register for a BBID- (your email address and any password of your choice). i will advise you use your MAIN email address as your BBID. if you have been using or used a BB before, you need to remember your BBid details and the device will pull all your data (contacts, BBM friends, text messages etc) from the BB servers and you're good to go in no time
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
sydney01:

So which plan is advisable to use with Glo on bb10

glo COMONTH cost 1400 and gives you 3GB of data
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
Thanks mahn!! Uv been helpful. I'll be goin 2 glo office 2mor to get the micro-sim. + mine came with 10.1 pre-installed grin...I'll pop in here evry now and then grin Thanks again.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
sydney01: Thanks mahn!! Uv been helpful. I'll be goin 2 glo office 2mor to get the micro-sim. + mine came with 10.1 pre-installed grin...I'll pop in here evry now and then grin Thanks again.

You're welcome

I know your device would have come with 10.1 but a 10.1MR was released this week and you need to grab that
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
how can i cancel my glo comonth subscription?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
lymelyte: how can i cancel my glo comonth subscription?

Cancel to 777
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 2:53am On Aug 01, 2013
lymelyte:
liar..why u dey lie anyhow?how many sideloaded apps and games work efficiently on on bb 10(z10 n q10)?
stop your misleading comment. lipsrsealed
smh, u be JJC? infact i no no wetin to tell you self...even before jelly bean 4.2.2 we had more than 200 games and apps working perfectly, how about now Do ur calc well before judging.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 2:56am On Aug 01, 2013
my gtb mastercard working 102% on appworld grin kiss
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
@justfree,wetin u know,u know nothing of everything. see dis julie ooo.. do you think all bb 10 bar files work on bb 10?
do you know when i started sideloading.you jjc to bb 10..fyi,i have started using bb 10 before it came to nigeria
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2013
justfree.:
smh, u be JJC? infact i no no wetin to tell you self...even before jelly bean 4.2.2 we had more than 200 games and apps working perfectly, how about now Do ur calc well before judging.

lymelyte: @justfree,wetin u know,u know nothing of everything. see dis julie ooo.. do you think all bb 10 bar files work on bb 10?
do you know when i started sideloading.you jjc to bb 10..fyi,i have started using bb 10 before it came to nigeria

Gents,

pls lets keep it civil. we have managed to get this far together and i dont think we need to resort to name calling to push any point

we all want the same thing..we use BB10 devices and we want to get the best out of it whether native or sideloaded apps

pls lets just drop this particular point...

FACT
there are apps available to be sideloaded to a BB10 device but not all apps available will work on all BB10 devices. don't forget that porting android apps to the QNX platform is a highly unregulated and uncontrolled territory. although Playbook, all touch Z10 and Keyboard totting Q10 and Q5 are all built on the QNX but they will react differently to different ports because of the differences in screen dimension and the fact that the guys coding the apps are not getting paid for the job they are doing and will most likely not check to be sure a single port can run on all the devices

that is what accounts for the differences in usability experience for sideloaded apps and games
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
HELP!!!!! Walcom baba, plss im havin dis ish. I got a micro sim 2day n registered n all. Now I put d sim in my Q5, switched it on and it showed "connecting to a mobile network", den it recognized glo and went ahead 2 display sumtin like " your device is preparing to establish an internet connection". Then it kips loading n loading for long on the same page. I thought twaz cos I hadn't subscribed to a data plan, I did the coweek as u suggested(I put the sim in my oda fone 2 do dis), den I put it back in the BB, same tin is still happening. Please whats wrng?? Is it dat im spozd 2 be on a plan 2 start the fone and it isn't recognizn d coweek plan Biko help out b4 I mad here. cry
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
Infact na my number be dis incase 08064576780
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
sydney01: HELP!!!!! Walcom baba, plss im havin dis ish. I got a micro sim 2day n registered n all. Now I put d sim in my Q5, switched it on and it showed "connecting to a mobile network", den it recognized glo and went ahead 2 display sumtin like " your device is preparing to establish an internet connection". Then it kips loading n loading for long on the same page. I thought twaz cos I hadn't subscribed to a data plan, I did the coweek as u suggested(I put the sim in my oda fone 2 do dis), den I put it back in the BB, same tin is still happening. Please whats wrng?? Is it dat im spozd 2 be on a plan 2 start the fone and it isn't recognizn d coweek plan Biko help out b4 I mad here. cry

I hope you don't have a locked phone.

It is not supposed to behave like that

Try Another sim with or without data plan
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
Another thing you can try is to remove the simcard and switch it back on

If it says it needs to connect to the Internet, skip that process

Is this the first time you're switching it on?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.