Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1164027 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2014
ebner70:
Upgrading my os taking nearly 1Gb, please is this normal for Z10?
ur z10 is smoking weed cheesy cut the story short and use an autoloader grin or els it will get high on cheap drugs embarassed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Mykcool(m): 9:10am On Dec 01, 2014
Mrkuvuki:

I'm not yearning for a passport ,I love my Z10...Does everything I want, I just talked abt it cos last year i wanted to get the PS4 from Konga on the scam fall yakata and it was a night vigil for me yet I couldn't buy nothing

Sorry sir I don't sell phones ,Perfumes bro
better still
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by spacyzuma(m): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2014
walcolm:

Is there a specific challenge you're having ?

I'd like to know if the Passport can handle HERE Map's offline navigation. It's very important for me. I always carry one Nokia smartphone with me because of this very important feature. I won't buy the Passport of it can't handle it.

Cheers.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
i know Here map was introduced on the Windows OS platform...the question is, does it run on the android platform? if it does then BB Passport should be able to run it like it runs any other android app
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
walcolm:
i know Here map was introduced on the Windows OS platform...the question is, does it run on the android platform? if it does then BB Passport should be able to run it like it runs any other android app
walcolm am yet to c d review of d passport b kind to do urs hwfa it has been on ur palm,
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by samsard(m): 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
lordmayor4:

There's nothing like mobile data on the tools there... have searched to no avail, the app is useless to me, have deleted it... and all android app that couldn't connect to my data
It's "mobile network" under tools, it's been working for me and a friend I shared the info with , but the apps lose connection if they are minimized. + tap it (mobile network) gently to activate/de-activate it

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by spacyzuma(m): 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
walcolm:

Exactly! I've used Here Maps on all my Nokia smartphones.
I'd like someone who has the Passport to test it and confirm that HERE Map's offline navigation works on the PAssport.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Emrich(m): 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
walcolm:
the last time I checked, Here map has a beta version for android and it works well with most android phones, the big names. I tried to run it on my Z10 with the 10.2 os version but it didn't work.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Emrich(m): 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
tunnyflow:
T[color=#990000][/color]

PLEASE THIS US TO ALL THR GURUS N RESEARCHERS ON THIS THREAD... A FRIEND OF MINE SAW A SELLER ON OLX WHO WANTS TO SELL HIS/HER BB Q10 FOR 25K... I had to go n check the site n I saw crazy prices for different phones... Now my question is.... IS ANY OF THOSE PHONES OR PRICES REAL? I know you will meet the person physically but still that does not guarantee the authenticity of the phone... Who has goten his or her phone from any of these sellers for such a low price with no complains?
I have sold a phone on that olx but I have not bought from any seller there. If you must buy, I'll advise you to know everything there is to know about the phone you want to buy so you can tell original from fake and buy from people in your city so you can inspect the phone before buying it. And if the seller is not in your city, tell him to do pay on delivery for you and when you get the phone, inspect it before paying. If it is not what you expected, tell the person to return it to the seller and put your money in your pocket.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
BlackBerry Passport review

PS: I will keep updating as things come to me

First Impressions
Completely premium material makes the phone breathtaking when you open the pack! Hands down the best BB ever made and i don't expect the classic to topple it.

Keyboard
The only device in the history of the World with a keyboard that's also a navigation pad (BB has failed to hype and create a big media buzz around this innovation!!!). That means you use the keyboard to move about when you are on a page, use the keyboard to flick words up and also delete text (you will forget the keyboard has all these features when you start using the device). Swiping down on the keyboard brings up the numeric keypad when you need numbers

Unless you're a basketball player, you can't use the phone with one hand conveniently all the time. There are things you can do if you have large hands like me. If you have small hands don't try to use one hand

Specs
These are freely available on the Web and it's all true. Screen resolution is a crazy high 455ppi, i currently know of only two devices with higher screen resolution as of now so the resolution is going to be more than adequate for the next few yrs

BlackBerry 10.3
For those waiting for the official release, you're going to like the 10.3 when it eventually drops. everything you've come to love on the 10.2.1 are better on the 10.3 and the experience is made even better by the BlackBerry blend that comes with 10.3!!!! Those who used the PlayBook will know what I'm talking about and feel right at home with the blend...it's BlackBerry bridge on steroids

for those of us who still have our playbook, the BB Bridge is still available to pair your passport for a larger screen

Screen
With a 1:1 ratio and a crazy high resolution, everything is beautiful. Email dimension is actually better than in 16:9 dimension phones

Active Frame
The AF page is a permanent home page on 10.3 and the passport displays 8 frames that can be resized..and rearranged!!! AF do no cycle as you currently have on 10.2 OS

Watching Videos
Cos the screen is 1:1 ratio, videos are never full screen like you get on 16:9 ratio devices

Camera
Yet to start shooting

Battery life
Humongous battery will take you through a full day of heavy use with enough juice to spare...i am yet to test the limits but i have no worries.... lots of reviews online on this already and the battery is way better than that of the Z30

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
Emrich:
the last time I checked, Here map has a beta version for android and it works well with most android phones, the big names. I tried to run it on my Z10 with the 10.2 os version but it didn't work.

You need a minimum of 10.2.1.xxxx to run apks. The android runtime on the 10.3 is even better so I won't be surprised if the HERE map runs better on the passport
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by hurpeyeahme(f): 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
bbfanboy01:
JUMIA ARE SCAMMERS..!!!. thumbs-UP KONGA..!!

JUMIA blackfriday deal= BlackBerry Passport 64k, Galaxy S5 41k., Z10 18k. 1 minutes later. "Sold out" . Lmao. Liars... , smh...

Konga, blackfriday deal= BlackBerry z3 27k. BlackBerry z10 28k. Polystar 32inch led. 27k. .

I actually got a z3 and d polystar plasma. Offer confirmed and verified. Now waiting for delivery. Finger crossed.
also got ∂ z3 on konga.waiting for delivery
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by bbfanboy01: 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
hurpeyeahme:
also got ∂ z3 on konga.waiting for delivery

Mine shipped today bro, finger crossed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by HOLLATEMI(f): 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mykcool:
check the previous page , i pasted a link to numerous autoloaders, check it and choose the one you want. download it on your pc, extract it, plug your phone and run the installation file.
make sure you download the autoloader that corresponds with your device type
just downloading d autoloader u suggested.its taking a long time because of d network? I hope a lastin solution is made after dis download? Pls guys, is there anything i need to do next? I hope i dont need 2 download d bb link as well. This Z10 has shown me big wahala. Havent been able 2 use it since last week wed. Pls my good nairalanders; a fellow needs ur help here. Thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Mykcool(m): 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
HOLLATEMI:
just downloading d autoloader u suggested.its taking a long time because of d network? I hope a lastin solution is made after dis download? Pls guys, is there anything i need to do next? I hope i dont need 2 download d bb link as well. This Z10 has shown me big wahala. Havent been able 2 use it since last week wed. Pls my good nairalanders; a fellow needs ur help here. Thanks
which of them did you download? bb link should be a must have as a bb10 user (my opinion)... hopefully your worries would go away
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by abbeymaniak(m): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
tunnyflow:
T[color=#990000][/color]

PLEASE THIS US TO ALL THR GURUS N RESEARCHERS ON THIS THREAD... A FRIEND OF MINE SAW A SELLER ON OLX WHO WANTS TO SELL HIS/HER BB Q10 FOR 25K... I had to go n check the site n I saw crazy prices for different phones... Now my question is.... IS ANY OF THOSE PHONES OR PRICES REAL? I know you will meet the person physically but still that does not guarantee the authenticity of the phone... Who has goten his or her phone from any of these sellers for such a low price with no complains?

Na scammers full olx now ooo
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by oseiwe(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
walcolm:
BlackBerry Passport review

PS: I will keep updating as things come to me

First Impressions
Completely premium material makes the phone breathtaking when you open the pack!

Keyboard
The only device in the history of the World with a keyboard that's also a navigation pad. That means you use the keyboard to move about when you are on a page, use the keyboard to flick words up and also delete text (you will forget the keyboard has all these features when you start using the device). Swiping down on the keyboard brings up the numeric keypad when you need numbers

Unless you're a basketball player, you can't use the phone with one hand conveniently all the time. There are things you can do if you have large hands like me. If you have small hands don't try to use one hand

Specs
This is freely available on the Web and it's all true. Screen resolution is a crazy high 455ppi

BlackBerry 10.3
For those waiting for the official release, you're going to like the 10.3 when it eventually drops and the experience is made even better by the BlackBerry blend that comes with 10.3!!!! Those who used the PlayBook will know what I'm talking about and feel right at home with the blend...it's BlackBerry bridge on steroids

Watching Videos
Cos the screen is 1:1 ratio, videos are never full screen like you get on 16:9 ratio devices
pls, can I hear more about the blend? I miss my pb days cos of compatibility issues.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
the BB Blend is the follow up to the BB Link but it doesnt replace the BB link, it complements it

with the Blend, you can interact with your BB running 10.3 from a desktop...send and receive emails, view and edit contact details, send and receive sms, BBM - you can run BBM chats, group chats, BBM channels, view and edit calendar, copy files from and to your BB (file transfer) from your desktop without you having to touch your phone....its like the BB Bridge to a desktop
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Smhart1(f): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
I am not enjoying my Q10 a bit.
1) battery doesn't last
2) the phone is always hot

N.B: I bought the phone new.
don't know if every Q10 user experience the same thing
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tshegs19: 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
Smhart1:
1) battery doesn't last

If you bought it recently.. That's normal. It'd be still settle for good soon.
Try reducing d brightness , update yor OS & close apps wen yu're done to reduce background processes.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stinggy(m): 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mykcool:
wer did you download yours from? mine play fluidly

Bros, the one you downloaded was it free and pls where did you download it from?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
Smhart1:
1) battery doesn't last

Sorry about that. What network and which data plan are you on?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Mykcool(m): 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
stinggy:

Bros, the one you downloaded was it free and pls where did you download it from?
yes it was free. Can't really remember the exact site because I have about 3 versions and they all play well. Google fut15 apk and data
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ifemi25: 10:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hi,pls I need sum1 to give me a step-by-step ways of upgrading my blackberry Q5 using my laptop(i already have d blackberry link installed) on my phone its always telling me dat d file is too large to be downloaded over d network.pls help me out.tnks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stinggy(m): 11:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mykcool:
yes it was free. Can't really remember the exact site because I have about 3 versions and they all play well. Google fut15 apk and data

My bad embarassed

Thought I saw FMH 15. Do you have that on your fone too?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by treasuremi1(m): 12:03am On Dec 02, 2014
Mykcool:
which of them did you download? bb link should be a must have as a bb10 user (my opinion)... hopefully your worries would go away
here is the name of the file i downloaded
Z10_10.2.01.3422_STL100-1.7z>>>after download and I clicked on the file, it says “This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default programs control panel” Later
I downloaded the software for bb link and here is what I got after I clicked on the file>>> 123_b055_multilanguage.exe is not a valid Win32 application
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Mykcool(m): 5:26am On Dec 02, 2014
treasuremi1:

here is the name of the file i downloaded
Z10_10.2.01.3422_STL100-1.7z>>>after download and I clicked on the file, it says “This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default programs control panel” Later
I downloaded the software for bb link and here is what I got after I clicked on the file>>> 123_b055_multilanguage.exe is not a valid Win32 application
U need to use winrar or 7zip to extract the autoloader. As for the bblink try running as administrator

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Mykcool(m): 5:27am On Dec 02, 2014
stinggy:

My bad embarassed

Thought I saw FMH 15. Do you have that on your fone too?
I heard FMH15 is paid so I ddnt bother downloading it. But I already have it on my pc grin cheesy
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Mykcool(m): 5:30am On Dec 02, 2014
ifemi25:
Hi,pls I need sum1 to give me a step-by-step ways of upgrading my blackberry Q5 using my laptop(i already have d blackberry link installed) on my phone its always telling me dat d file is too large to be downloaded over d network.pls help me out.tnks
ur pc needs to b connected to the Internet, so it's either u use the hotspot on your phone to connect it or find a way to. If that is done, all you need to do is plug your phone to your pc, allow bblink to startup, then search for update and let it update
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Chuksworld(m): 6:46am On Dec 02, 2014
My Q5 always get hot at night. I just updated to the recent software release on my phone. I connected my phone via a wifi and updated the software. It gets hot occasionally and drains battery whenever it's hot. I always close app after use and my brightness is at d lowest. What else should I do?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2014
ifemi25:

if you have wifi, your phone wont give you that error message
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:34am On Dec 02, 2014
Chuksworld:
My Q5 always get hot at night. I just updated to the recent software release on my phone. I connected my phone via a wifi and updated the software. It gets hot occasionally and drains battery whenever it's hot. I always close app after use and my brightness is at d lowest. What else should I do?

except for the occasional defective battery situation, Smartphones only get hot when the radios have problems latching on to a network for radio or data service

you will notice that your phone wont get hot when connected to strong wifi signal or if your data service from your network is giving you consistent 3G, H or H+ level of data...once you start getting lower case letters or edge and GPRS, the device will be working overtime to compensate for the weak signal

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.