Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1091059 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Emmyk(m): 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
gj22:

Hodor and bran are with the children far beyond the wall.
It wasn't Cersei, it was a body double.
Damn! embarassed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
Emmyk:
Just completed Season 5 today and I was happy with the way it all went.

Cersei suffered and I was very excited cheesy
Especially when she was locked up and the lady kept spanking her after she told her "Confess".

And also, where she was walking na k e d. (I didnt believe they could show her n a k e d at first... I was like shocked shocked and the lady was shouting "Shame"!
I was so happy seeing her suffer.

I watched Season 1-4 over a year ago, couldn't remember what happened to Bran and Odor... Can anyone refresh my memory? smiley

Well, about Jon's death... The movie is unpredictable... Ever since Catelyn Stark, Robb and his wife.... I was like, So, when will the dreamer waker up nau Before I realised it's no dream.

You'll be seeing Bran in s6. There is still like 4 of his chapters that can be adapted. Bran will be providing a look into the past. Through the Weirwoods. Interesting storyline.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Emmyk(m): 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
Gbola5:

You'll be seeing Bran in s6. There is still like 4 of his chapters that can be adapted. Bran will be providing a look into the past. Through the Weirwoods. Interesting storyline.
Thank You smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
So apy ryt nw... Am a book reader 2!!! D books r so cool....

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tobiboss(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2015
gj22:

Hodor and bran are with the children far beyond the wall.

It wasn't Cersei, it was a body double.
What do you mean by body double??
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
tobiboss:

They have body doubles the same way they have stunt doubles. It's basically someone that stands in place of the real actors for a part they can't play
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
tobiboss:

They have body doubles the same way they have stunt doubles. It's basically someone that stands in place of the real actors for a part they can't play. I meant it wasn't Lena (the actress that played Cersei), it was another actress who stood in place of her.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tobiboss(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
gj22:

They have body doubles the same way they have stunt doubles. It's basically someone that stands in place of the real actors for a part they can't play. I meant it wasn't Lena (the actress that played Cersei), it was another actress who stood in place of her.
Ok, thanks, I was really surprised when I saw her nude, if I'm not wrong, it was the first time she was nude in the series
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
The walk changes her entire perception of herself, which was part of the point. The irony; Tywin did the same for his father's mistress. But there's more to it than that though.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
Nipeks:
QUIZ

KING ROBERT: Quiet woman!

QUEEN CERSEI: I took you for a king.

KING ROBERT: Hold your tongue.

QUEEN CERSEI: He's attacked one of my brothers and abducted the other. I should wear the armor, and you the gown.

KING ROBERT: *slaps queen Cersei*

QUEEN CERSEI: I shall wear this like a badge of honor.

KING ROBERT: Wear it in silence or I'll honor you again.

WHO IS THE THIRD PERSON IN THE SCENE?

Ned eddard stark lying wounded on a bed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
Gbola5:
The walk changes her entire perception of herself, which was part of the point. The irony; Tywin did the same for his father's mistress. But there's more to it than that though.

Oh! The mistress who flaunted his mothers jewellery? grin

Her perception of herself if the books are anything to go by is that she is more vulnerable and she needs to fortify herself more and grab unto more power than she has and hunt down every perceived enemy!! She's vengeful that one, just not very smart about it
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
BraniacX:

if the books are anything to go by
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by landinfo: 6:22am On Aug 24, 2015
Just like the mini seriez "Better call Saul", I think one or two should cum out for GOT.....the producerz should cum out with a mini seriez for "the Mad King" (the Tygareanz history) cos I believe it would also touch the Stark Family, the Lannisterz, & the Baratheon family.

This is ego-ofe for the producerz....

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
landinfo:
Just like the mini seriez "Better call Saul", I think one or two should cum out for GOT.....the producerz should cum out with a mini seriez for "the Mad King" (the Tygareanz history) cos I believe it would also touch the Stark Family, the Lannisterz, & the Baratheon family.

This is ego-ofe for the producerz....

A mini series on Dunk and Egg would be awesome. Its so refreshing from the original story. Or a spinoff on Robert's Rebellion. Though not D& D
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sarutobie(m): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2015
my only grouse with the director(s) is, if you are going to cut a story short atleast tell it is at originally was.The heck with Briene killing stannis? she was never close to the battlefield in the book..and sansa marrying the Bolton spawn? they deviated A LOT in the last season...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Emmyk(m): 9:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
sarutobie:
my only grouse with the director(s) is, if you are going to cut a story short atleast tell it is at originally was.The heck with Briene killing stannis? she was never close to the battlefield in the book..and sansa marrying the Bolton spawn? they deviated A LOT in the last season...
Check this out.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 26, 2015
JhyMedex:
So apy ryt nw... Am a book reader 2!!!
D books r so cool....

Sorry I can't read this thread from the beginning but do you have the books for this seasonal film. If so how did and how can I Get it
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:19am On Aug 26, 2015
sarutobie:

You do realise that the point of the show is to make money and sell more books right? Now, tell me what will be the point of reading the books anymore if they do the show as exactly as the book is?

A lot of whys and whats are omitted from the show (depending on their importance to the story)and the story is kind of changed so that people will buy the books.

Same thing happened with the Harry Potter series and twilight series.

Even noah, exodus, x-men, the flash, etc didn't tell the story as is. What works on print doesn't always work on TV

This is how it works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
Braintouch:
Sometimes I think the so-called Nollywood renowned movie producers are overrated. They usually run out of concepts. I stopped watching this movie when Jon Snow died; just as I stopped watching Prison Break when Scofield died. It's just so silly of them to kill protagonists in the middle of their movies
GOT has no protagonists. @bolded, that was the last episode of GOT so you can't say you've stopped watching the show.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sarutobie(m): 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
gj22:

You do realise that the point of the show is to make money and sell more books right? Now, tell me what will be the point of reading the books anymore if they do the show as exactly as the book is?

A lot of whys and whats are omitted from the show (depending on their importance to the story)and the story is kind of changed so that people will buy the books.

Even noah, exodus, x-men, the flash, etc didn't tell the story as is. What works on print doesn't always work on TV

This is how it works.
But you know the books comes out before the movies right?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
sarutobie:

But you know the books comes out before the movies right?

Obviously, that's why the books are the source material.

What point are you trying to make?

Am jus telling you why the stories cannot remain the same.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
Emmyk:

Check this out.

Even when this happens it still follows the story, though not completely. But changing things even out of that cut part is different, it sucks.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2015
gj22:

And why not ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2015
adexsimply:
GOT has no protagonists. @bolded, that was the last episode of GOT so you can't say you've stopped watching the show.

Aye, it has main characters.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2015
gj22:

This is how it works.

Now i think you're a contra. What happened to telling a good story ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sarutobie(m): 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
gj22:

my point was/is if you are going to shave off some parts in the story fine by me, but at least leave the 'unshaved' part like it were in the original story..the storyline in the book is interesting enough already, why alter it??
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sarutobie(m): 8:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Gbola5:

Even when this happens it still follows the story, though not completely. But changing things even out of that cut part is different, it sucks.
my point exactly.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
Gbola5:

You're burbled baubles bore me. Now i think you're a contra. What happened to telling a good story ?

Strawman's argument.

Telling a good story has nothing to do with what I am saying. A "good story" is subjective (based on opinion).

I am just telling him why the stories cannot remain the same.

Mention one top novel or whatever in which they changed mediums and the story was the same, just mention one. This is how things are done.

That's why they write "based on the novel" in the credits scene.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Gbola5:

Even when this happens it still follows the story, though not completely.

But changing things even out of that cut part is different, it sucks.

These two statements are kind of contradictory.

The first admits that they can change the story, while the second says it's not right to change the story.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
Gbola5:

And why not ?

gj22:

This is how it works.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
sarutobie:

my point was/is if you are going to shave off some parts in the story fine by me, but at least leave the 'unshaved' part like it were in the original story..the storyline in the book is interesting enough already, why alter it??

Because that's how adaptations work in literature (most of the time).

Also, a few reasons could be

-budget...TV is usually on a tighter budget than movies. Novels have more creative storytelling freedom because they have little budget to deal with. CGI is really expensive (ask Nollywood).

-mediums... What works in one medium might not work in another.

- Money... TV has a larger audience than novels. It will be pointless reading the novels when the show has already said everything the novel will say. Therefore, GrrM makes small money. But by telling them differently, he is making money from both the show and the books.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
gj22:

These two statements are kind of contradictory.

The first admits that they can change the story, while the second says it's not right to change the story.
Was talking of that pic. Even if they cut it into a movie, why dont they follow.the cut part, is what im saying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.