Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik (7209 Views)

Withdrawal Of Officers From Vips: Police Deploy Men To Airports, Highways To... / Jonathan Dozed Off At Convention, His Control Of PDP Significantly Weakened! / Nigeria Airports To Buy 3-d Full Body Scanners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by wesley80(m): 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The airline lamented that lack of airfield lighting at some of the nation’s airports made it inevitable that no airline can operate into such airports beyond 6:00 pm despite the fact that there were passengers travelling to such destinations. [size=14pt]Why are Nigeria Airports still without Airfield lighting in this day and age? I thought they said the airport renovation was total? [/size]

Perhaps you guys really need to understand that Nigerians are not as foolish as you lots think....

Nigerians are by no means foolish but you my friend put the "d" in dumb! You've exceeded any known guage of stupidity and I'm honestly shocked at how a grown adult can make a self ridiculing post without realizing it. Your entire rant seems to read just one word; J-A-C-K-A-S-S!

About a dozen airports have been remodelled from their hitherto decripit states in the first phase of a total turn around of the airport facilities in a project hailed by all with their heads in its right place (Now you know where I think Oyb's head is) and you're here singing thrash about runway lighting? Duh, the Minister has already given a time limit for the completion of the next phase RUNWAY LIGHTING (Sounds familiar?) which would commence this year and terminate next year - Its in the piece you re-posted but foolishness blinded you from it!

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by IGBOSON1: 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
PapaBrowne: But seriously, my take in all this is the Benin/Asaba angle. Benin, Asaba and Warri Airports are all about a maximum of 120km from each other yet after Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt they experience the largest flight frequencies in the country.

For Instance and this may surprise you: These three Airports record more passengers than the whole of Northern Nigeria and South West Nigeria combined. Leaves you wondering the true nature of Nigeria's geo-economic combinations.

To think that some blind critics felt the Asaba Airport was a nonviable joke.

Another thing: 12,000 passengers at an average ticket price of 20,000 Naira. A whooping 240 Million Naira daily sales!! Nigeria my country!

^^^PapaBrowne, you left out Enugu and Owerri airports; besides Lagos and Abuja, these 5 airports are the busiest in the country.
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by PapaBrowne(m): 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^PapaBrowne, you left out Enugu and Owerri airports; besides Lagos and Abuja, these 5 airports are the busiest in the country.

No Broda, I didnt. I said Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt are the busiest. Next on line is Warri, Benin then Asaba has just joined the list with this 3 fligths daily. Enugu airport comes after Benin. Then Calabar before Owerri. Enugu and Owerri have very Irregular traffic figures and I'm not sure why. Some months high, some moths low.
The list is on FAAN website. You can check the figures yourself.

I don't classify Lagos and Abuja part of the South West or North. They are both Federal Capital Territories.
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by OmoTier1(m): 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
wesley80:

Nigerians are by no means foolish but you my friend put the "d" in dumb! You've exceeded any known guage of stupidity and I'm honestly shocked at how a grown adult can make a self ridiculing post without realizing it. Your entire rant seems to read just one word; J-A-C-K-A-S-S!

About a dozen airports have been remodelled from their hitherto decripit states in the first phase of a total turn around of the airport facilities in a project hailed by all with their heads in its right place (Now you know where I think Oyb's head is) and you're here singing thrash about runway lighting? Duh, the Minister has already given a time limit for the completion of the next phase RUNWAY LIGHTING (Sounds familiar?) which would commence this year and terminate next year - Its in the piece you re-posted but foolishness blinded you from it!

I know you glory in stupidity and your only known area of excellence is MEDIOCRITY. I also know you are a local champion so you really do not have the slimmest of an idea that an Airport is a city that never sleeps, hence day and night navigation is a must for any local commercial airport.

I really have no time to engage idiots like you that have no idea what constitutes an Airport. The sad reality is when the Clowns in Power are done with, it is folks like you that would be hard pressed by the next sane government to make fund available to get these Airport to the standards they really ought to be in.

How anyone would claim to be remodeling an airport yet leave out navigational aid, Air field lighting, Security, is beyond my imagination. Perhaps you lot think Airports are like Young Shall Grow Road Side Park.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by talktimi(m): 3:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1: TO THE CLOWNS IN POWER WHO NEVER FAIL TO DISAPPOINT BY CHEERY PICKING WHAT FAVOURS THEM IN A NEWS ARTICLE AND REFUSE TO SHED LIGHT ON THE REVELATIONS .. let me help you!

By Chinedu Eze In spite of the passenger surge on domestic routes this Easter holiday, Arik Air has said that it was yet to operate to full capacity. Arik operates 120 flights daily and airlifts over 12,000 passengers daily.

The airline lamented that lack of airfield lighting at some of the nation’s airports made it inevitable that no airline can operate into such airports beyond 6:00 pm despite the fact that there were passengers travelling to such destinations. [size=14pt]Why are Nigeria Airports still without Airfield lighting in this day and age? I thought they said the airport renovation was total? [/size]

For instance, Arik said it increased its flights to Asaba airport from once a day to three times daily but its flights could not fly to Benin airport after 6:00 pm because for now it is a visual flight rule airport, which means that no aircraft can fly there in the night. Is this the same Benin Airport that the minister claim to have revamped yet Airliners cannot land in that airport beyond 6pm?

According to the airline, it is the same with the airports in Yola, Owerri, Kaduna, Enugu and Ilorin. The Acting Deputy Managing Director of Arik Air, Ado Sanusi, told THISDAY that the airline was operating at just 60 per cent of its capacity, noting that the airline was capable of doing about 240 but presently doing 120 daily flights. Sanusi said that the airline's planes are currently being underutilised because they operate average of seven hours daily instead of 11 hours. “The airline has the capacity to cope with demands of domestic air travellers. With adequate infrastructure at the nation's airports, Arik can deploy its full capacity. We have 23 functional aircraft,” Sanusi said.

Sanusi also said the industry had significantly improved in terms of infrastructural renewal at the airports after many years of neglect and expressed the hope that the remodelling programme would be extended to the airport runways, especially in the provision of airfield lighting. The acting deputy managing director noted that within two years under the present administration, many of the airports now wear new look and commended the Federal Government for the upgrade of the General Aviation Terminal of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, which is the main operational facility of the airline. “There are a lot of things to be done in the industry to make it better through a deliberate policy of government where the airlines can have operational environment that will enhance their provision of services because aviation is the catalyst of economic development of every nation, but this administration should be commended for what it has done so far,” Sanusi said. The Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, had recently assured that from this year till the end of 2014, all the airport runways would have airfield lighting and fully upgraded.

Perhaps you guys really need to understand that Nigerians are not as foolish as you lots think.... The fact that Arik Air can only utilize 60% of her capacity largely due to inadequate facilities at the local airports says alot about the much touted Airport remodeling. There is more to Aviation than using oil paint and tiles undecided
sad child, I guess you skipped this part "Sanusi said. The Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, had recently assured that from this year till the end of 2014, all the airport runways would have airfield lighting and fully upgraded." Its in this same article you posted if you agree to read things completely.
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by OmoTier1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2013
taharqa: And you are bn SILLLY, as is USUAL. Okpeee, d Arik man VERY CLEARLY said that Airport facilities were IMPROVING significantly in 2 yrs- d KEY word: improving ie work in progress, as one wud expect since its only just 2yrs afta yrs of neglect (as d Arik man also emphasized). Nobody is unda d presumptn that we hv arrived, but we are CERTAINLY moving in d right direction, and at a much FASTER rate than in decades. The Arik man for instance said that sm Airports like those in Benin, Owerri, Yola, do not hv functional Runway Lightings YET but he didn't also mention Lagos and sm oda main Airports COS THOSE ONES ALREADY HAD THEIR RUNWAY LIGHTINGS INSTALLED RECENTLY BY THIS SAME ADMIN in d 1st phase of an ONGOING PROCESS that wud go round ALL runways in d country. B4 now, NO domestic airport had a functional runway lighting system; today, sm do and odas are in d process of bn installd- that is part of d PROGRESS the Arik man was talking about, one which is VERY EVIDENT to every Sane Airtraveller. HATERS and PROPAGANDISTS (Enermies of Progress) can do anytin bout this no mata how it much it PAINS them, and what's worst, this just a tip of d iceberg ..... By d way, d Aviation Min never said that d Remodelld Benin had a functional Lighting system already installd, but that it along with sm odas, were BEEN installd. That was also repeatd here again at d tail end of dis article

Will you stop going round in circles an answer the potent questions? So you think every year Nigeria should continue appropriating money for 'major' Airport upgrades as if there aren't other areas of the economy that also need special attention?

You see, the truth is most of you really lack true sense of where Nigeria as a nation ought to be, so whatever any leadership throws at you, you gladly accept it! That is why these leaders continue to subject the country to under development.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by talktimi(m): 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
taharqa: And you are bn SILLLY, as is USUAL. Okpeee, d Arik man VERY CLEARLY said that Airport facilities were IMPROVING significantly in 2 yrs- d KEY word: improving ie work in progress, as one wud expect since its only just 2yrs afta yrs of neglect (as d Arik man also emphasized). Nobody is unda d presumptn that we hv arrived, but we are CERTAINLY moving in d right direction, and at a much FASTER rate than in decades. The Arik man for instance said that sm Airports like those in Benin, Owerri, Yola, do not hv functional Runway Lightings YET but he didn't also mention Lagos and sm oda main Airports COS THOSE ONES ALREADY HAD THEIR RUNWAY LIGHTINGS INSTALLED RECENTLY BY THIS SAME ADMIN in d 1st phase of an ONGOING PROCESS that wud go round ALL runways in d country. B4 now, NO domestic airport had a functional runway lighting system; today, sm do and odas are in d process of bn installd- that is part of d PROGRESS the Arik man was talking about, one which is VERY EVIDENT to every Sane Airtraveller. HATERS and PROPAGANDISTS (Enermies of Progress) can do anytin bout this no mata how it much it PAINS them, and what's worst, this just a tip of d iceberg ..... By d way, d Aviation Min never said that d Remodelld Benin had a functional Lighting system already installd, but that it along with sm odas, were BEEN installd. That was also repeatd here again at d tail end of dis article
its just so pathetic that nairaland is frequented by dolts who lack reading and comprehension abilities. Their sadness and general apathy to any meaningful progress under this administration will surely choke them except they will lock themselves in caves in order not to utilize Nigeria's obviously improving infrastructure under this administration. Sorry is their name

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by OmoTier1(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
talktimi: sad child, I guess you skipped this part "Sanusi said. The Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, had recently assured that from this year till the end of 2014, all the airport runways would have airfield lighting and fully upgraded." Its in this same article you posted if you agree to read things completely.
Sorry, I read that part and even mad me wonder the manner of leaders we have in Nigeria! How can you embark on Airport remodeling and ignore the critical infrastructure that makes an Airport what it is? I ask you, in the budget for 2013, was there any appropriation for contract for Airfield lighting of the Domestic Airport in Nigeria? It is certain that most of you are ever so gullible.

According to the 2013 Budget, these are the Airport Contracts appropriated for Runway Lighting; SOLAR RUNWAY LIGHTS - ENUGU, KANO, JOS, PORT HARCOURT, CALABAR & OBUDU -How does these constitute ALL the Airport Runways?

For ILS, these are the airport appropriated for; PROVISION OF INSTRUMENT LANDING SYSTEMS (ILS) LAGOS, KANO,
BENIN, JOS, KADUNA, MAIDUGURI, YOLA, &MINNA -How does these constitute the Airport Runways in Nigeria?

Some of you need real flogging with kobokob..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by Decryptor(m): 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
Kudos to the Aviation Minister. She is working...If it were to be a minister from Y....a land, dem for carry d money do owambe. Who says my people can't do well when given a chance tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by taharqa: 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Sorry, I read that part and even mad me wonder the manner of leaders we have in Nigeria! How can you embark on Airport remodeling and ignore the critical infrastructure that makes an Airport what it is? I ask you, in the budget for 2013, was there any appropriation for contract for Airfield lighting of the Domestic Airport in Nigeria? It is certain that most of you are ever so gullible.

According to the 2013 Budget, these are the Airport Contracts appropriated for Runway Lighting; SOLAR RUNWAY LIGHTS - ENUGU, KANO, JOS, PORT HARCOURT, CALABAR & OBUDU -How does these constitute ALL the Airport Runways?

For ILS, these are the airport appropriated for; PROVISION OF INSTRUMENT LANDING SYSTEMS (ILS) LAGOS, KANO,
BENIN, JOS, KADUNA, MAIDUGURI, YOLA, &MINNA -How does these constitute the Airport Runways in Nigeria?

Kai!! Won't you just try to use dat white matter in yr cranial cavity, at least for once? So segmenting each airport to each budget yr for Runway Lighting Repairs cos of Fund constraints, is a sign of 'mediocrity'? Runway Lightings are not such a critical Safety Consideratn per se but a facility that gives the Airlines the opportunity to ferry passengers into d night so dat they are beta able to use all their spare capacity and mk more profit (as d Arik man so succiently explaind) as long as d particular airport hv more than enuf passengers that spill to the night; YET we know dat most of d 24 or so odd Airports we hv are not dat feasible FOR NOW. Shld d Govt hv appropiated SCARCE Aviation Budgetary votes to build Runway Lightings that are not really needed at d moment in SOME Airports, in order to so that CLOWNS like you wud not call dem 'mediocres'? Do you even hv any Sanity left anymore?? So which project shld d Aviation Min had SACRIFICED in order to build Runway Lightings in ALL d Airports, even for sm dat do not really need it for now? Shld they hv sacrified the Total Radar Coverage, Total VHF Comm System, Dopplar system, Cargo Terminals and warehouses, etc? B4 2011, NO domestic Airport had a functional Runway Lighting; by 2012, Lagos and a few odas had; by 2013, and according to yr source, at least 6 odas wud hv; by 2014, sm odas or maybe All that need it wud also hv- DAT IS THE PROGRESS (work in progress) THE ARIK MAN AND OTHER SANE AIRTRAVELLERS ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!..... I hv advicd b4 that you shld not allow yr HATRED for GEJ to mk you out as a DEMENTED Toool in public cos of a penchant of wanting to criticizing him at every chance even when you do not make ANY Sense. You seem to jettisond that advice at every turn.*smh*

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by thelastPope(m): 4:37pm On Apr 01, 2013
taharqa: And you are bn SILLLY, as is USUAL. Okpeee, d Arik man VERY CLEARLY said that Airport facilities were IMPROVING significantly in 2 yrs- d KEY word: improving ie work in progress, as one wud expect since its only just 2yrs of work afta yrs of neglect (as d Arik man also emphasized). Nobody is unda d presumptn that we hv arrived, but we are CERTAINLY moving in d right direction, and IMPORTANTLY at a much FASTER rate than in we had done decades. The Arik man for instance said that sm Airports like those in Benin, Owerri, Yola, do not hv functional Runway Lightings YET but he didn't also mention Lagos and sm oda main Airports in same vein COS THOSE ONES ALREADY HAD THEIR RUNWAY LIGHTINGS INSTALLED RECENTLY BY THIS SAME ADMIN in d 1st phase of an ONGOING PROCESS that wud go round ALL runways in d country. B4 now, NO domestic airport had a functional runway lighting system; today, sm do and odas are in d process of bn installd- that is part of d PROGRESS the Arik man was talking about, one which is VERY EVIDENT to every Sane Airtraveller. HATERS and PROPAGANDISTS (Enermies of Progress) really cant do anytin bout this no mata how much it PAINS them, and what's worst, this just a tip of d iceberg ..... By d way, d Aviation Min never said that d Remodelld Benin had a functional Lighting system already installd, but that it along with sm odas, were BEEN installd. That was also repeatd here again at d tail end of dis article

Why did you bother to answer that troll. No one has his time. If the airports were not working, how is that GEJ's problem? Abi he has suddenly forgotten the names of the all the people who ruled before GEJ? Ode

GEJ is doing his job of rebuilding Nigeria. Forget detractors like these ACN/CPC kids posting on NL. They are insignificant. Lets keep spreading the world and holding government accountable where necessary so they can do more. Slowly but surely, we will get there.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by chebeoc(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

My question to is this, all these airports when they build them does it mean that runways are not using lights then or people that build them are clueless?
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by Rossikk(m): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2013
wesley80: Airports - Improving on per second basis
Roads - Everywhere you go na Fresh Tar, our roads have never been better - Fact!
Railways - Even the foreign press (BBC, Economist, FT, Washington Post) cant believe they are back!
Electricity - Anywhere you look na so so Megawatts (highest quantum since independence). The countdown to 24 Hrs Power supply has begun, just hang on.
Boko Haram - Their bosses are now begging for Amnesty for their footsodiers.
Transformation Agenda Noni!
GEJ is Working, Haters are Tweeting - Nigerians are watching!

Hahahaha... Nice one! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by blackbeau1(f): 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ok,I don't get it. The airports can't be used @ night,yet they are improving? That means before now,you couldn't even land the flight during the day

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by Rossikk(m): 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I know you glory in stupidity and your only known area of excellence is MEDIOCRITY. I also know you are a local champion so you really do not have the slimmest of an idea that an Airport is a city that never sleeps, hence day and night navigation is a must for any local commercial airport.

Wrong. Even Heathrow airport in London is dead by 12 midnight. Few, if any planes land till after 5 or 6am. In the meantime peeps take over the departure hall benches, sleeping. Even tramps sef.

As for their smaller regional airports like Luton, Leeds and Manchester being ''cities that never sleep'' you must be talking of another planet.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by wesley80(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I really have no time to engage idiots like you that have no idea what constitutes an Airport. The sad reality is when the Clowns in Power are done with, it is folks like you that would be hard pressed by the next sane government to make fund available to get these Airport to the standards they really ought to be in.

How anyone would claim to be remodeling an airport yet leave out navigational aid, Air field lighting, Security, is beyond my imagination. Perhaps you lot think Airports are like Young Shall Grow Road Side Park.

Men know when they r defeated, real men know when to walk away because they know they'll live to fight another day. The foolish ones stay behind to be slaughtered, unable to recognize defeat till they lose their heads!
Stop making a total foool of yourself, the entire forum knows you're dumb but you can still quietly leave with some vestige of pride.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by wesley80(m): 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
black_beau: Ok,I don't get it. The airports can't be used @ night,yet they are improving? That means before now,you couldn't even land the flight during the day
So what dont you get? Does your dictionary define "improvement" as ability to land at night? Should'nt people know when to keep quiet?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by Guk: 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1: TO THE CLOWNS IN POWER WHO NEVER FAIL TO DISAPPOINT BY CHEERY PICKING WHAT FAVOURS THEM IN A NEWS ARTICLE AND REFUSE TO SHED LIGHT ON THE REVELATIONS .. let me help you!

By Chinedu Eze In spite of the passenger surge on domestic routes this Easter holiday, Arik Air has said that it was yet to operate to full capacity. Arik operates 120 flights daily and airlifts over 12,000 passengers daily.

For instance, Arik said it increased its flights to Asaba airport from once a day to three times daily but its flights could not fly to Benin airport after 6:00 pm because for now it is a visual flight rule airport, which means that no aircraft can fly there in the night. Is this the same Benin Airport that the minister claim to have revamped yet Airliners cannot land in that airport beyond 6pm?

According to the airline, it is the same with the airports in Yola, Owerri, Kaduna, Enugu and Ilorin. The Acting Deputy Managing Director of Arik Air, Ado Sanusi, told THISDAY that the airline was operating at just 60 per cent of its capacity, noting that the airline was capable of doing about 240 but presently doing 120 daily flights. Sanusi said that the airline's planes are currently being underutilised because they operate average of seven hours daily instead of 11 hours. “The airline has the capacity to cope with demands of domestic air travellers. With adequate infrastructure at the nation's airports, Arik can deploy its full capacity. We have 23 functional aircraft,” Sanusi said.

Sanusi also said the industry had significantly improved in terms of infrastructural renewal at the airports after many years of neglect and expressed the hope that the remodelling programme would be extended to the airport runways, especially in the provision of airfield lighting. The acting deputy managing director noted that within two years under the present administration, many of the airports now wear new look and commended the Federal Government for the upgrade of the General Aviation Terminal of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, which is the main operational facility of the airline. “There are a lot of things to be done in the industry to make it better through a deliberate policy of government where the airlines can have operational environment that will enhance their provision of services because aviation is the catalyst of economic development of every nation, but this administration should be commended for what it has done so far,” Sanusi said. The Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, had recently assured that from this year till the end of 2014, all the airport runways would have airfield lighting and fully upgraded.

Perhaps you guys really need to understand that Nigerians are not as foolish as you lots think.... The fact that Arik Air can only utilize 60% of her capacity largely due to inadequate facilities at the local airports says alot about the much touted Airport remodeling. There is more to Aviation than using oil paint and tiles undecided

It is disheartning that Nigerians have bn pummeled to accept mediocrity. The truth be told & you can come back here in 1 year's time to take stock. (1) The work at the respective airports are misplaced priorities. It is INSANE to fix aesthetics before functionalities but we are too deceived by "fine for face" A functional airport must begin with neccesaries for take off & landing i.e proper Runway(s); Functional Control Towers wt Trained personnel; Runway lighting; Navigational aids; Constant power; perimeter restriction; Full blown security...remember hw every Tom, Dick & Harry were on the tarmac wen Emir of Kano was fleeing to UK after Boko Haram incident; embarking & disembarking equipment; Tug vehicles; Top class fire fighting equipment....i cld go on & on. All we have bn jubilating about are claddings on the wall; marble flooring & shine shine seats!!! Are those what make up airports

Have you asked at what costs these airports are bn renovated?? Enough to build new ones.

This below is also a major problem that our govt is not addressing. Taxes that they collect; share and not accountable to us who pay it. See Below Lagos to Abuja. Tax is about 65%
Lagos - Abuja Fare Calculation:
1 Adult fare single of NGN 8363.00 Tax: NGN 14,417; Total Fare including taxes is NGN 22780.00

Adult fare return to London from Lagos on Virgin Atlantic (May 15 - June 3) =N=73,280 Tax =N=98,961 Including taxes, fees, charges and carrier imposed surcharge. What we pay in tax is more than cost of ticket.

Pls shine your eyes before you start rejoicing over aesthetics

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by Penissucker(f): 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
Of a truth, Stella Oduah is one of the most hardworking ministers in GEJ's cabinet.

She is only comparable to a former Aviation minister- Kema Chikwe. More grease to her elbow.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by manny4life(m): 9:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
@Wesley80,

Your first comment got me cracking up

Omo_Tier1:

Bros, you need to calm down, you said it yourself, honestly, I'm lost on your arguments. How many operational airports are in Nigeria? So really what are u talking about?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by Venchy: 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
wesley80:

WHY ARE YOU AND YOUR CABAL SO AGGRESSIVE, YOU LOTS SEEMS OPINIONATED, THIS IS A PLATFORM TO EXPRESS YOUR PINION AND NOT INSULTING PEOPLE IN YOUR RESPONSE.

Typical way of Nigerian leaders, always one way traffic and no side roads or exit, clearly you lots are agent to the CROOKS in government taken Nigerians for granted, We'll expose you all in no time with the power of Technology.

I can't understand what you guys meant by "improvement" when there's no SOAP in the toilet at MM, this is very dangerous to both working in the country and foreigners, I think this where the so called IMPROVEMENT should start for passengers conveniences.
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by mensdept: 12:44am On Apr 02, 2013
Honestly, alot of the airports in the country have been upgraded from the crap they were, some crappy since the 1970's. However, the upgrade takes these airports into the 3rd division of airports, far from premier world class airports easily found in every continent.

It's a fair start, but our structures need to be upgraded to world class levels and not "They don try" levels.
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by wesley80(m): 12:49am On Apr 02, 2013
Venchy:

WHY ARE YOU AND YOUR CABAL SO AGGRESSIVE, YOU LOTS SEEMS OPINIONATED, THIS IS A PLATFORM TO EXPRESS YOUR PINION AND NOT INSULTING PEOPLE IN YOUR RESPONSE.

Typical way of Nigerian leaders, always one way traffic and no side roads or exit, clearly you lots are agent to the CROOKS in government taken Nigerians for granted, We'll expose you all in no time with the power of Technology.

I can't understand what you guys meant by "improvement" when there's no SOAP in the toilet at MM, this is very dangerous to both working in the country and foreigners, I think this where the so called IMPROVEMENT should start for passengers conveniences.

Did you read the post I was responding to? How complimentary did he sound? Did you read his response to my post? How nice did he sound? Before you play judge lets have your head examined.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by talktimi(m): 2:50am On Apr 02, 2013
Venchy:

see kettle calling the pot black. Ayangba na your name grin
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by NLGwoodey: 2:54am On Apr 02, 2013

Improving? OK. Significantly? Who knows?

Please they should do something about the Custom's area and arrival hall of MMIA.
It is embarrassing. By the way, a good working A/C won't hurt either.
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by BarryX(m): 7:26am On Apr 02, 2013
Venchy:

This laptop crew should learn that this is FORUM not a Partisan bullying ish.They sound ridiculous when they bully pΞØpĿΞ thinking they are stating their position clearly. Please not Nigerian is on this ACN/PDP BS You made the best comment so far
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 02, 2013
Interesting...
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by blackbeau1(f): 9:18am On Apr 02, 2013
wesley80:
So what dont you get? Does your dictionary define "improvement" as ability to land at night? Should'nt people know when to keep quiet?
so,@ your age,you don't know what sarcasm is?
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by drnoel: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2013
wesley80: Airports - Improving on per second basis
Roads - Everywhere you go na Fresh Tar, our roads have never been better - Fact!
Railways - Even the foreign press (BBC, Economist, FT, Washington Post) cant believe they are back!
Electricity - Anywhere you look na so so Megawatts (highest quantum since independence). The countdown to 24 Hrs Power supply has begun, just hang on.
Boko Haram - Their bosses are now begging for Amnesty for their footsodiers.
Transformation Agenda Noni!
GEJ is Working, Haters are Tweeting - Nigerians are there and God is watching!
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by wesley80(m): 11:00am On Apr 02, 2013
black_beau: so,@ your age,you don't know what sarcasm is?
LMAO!
Re: Nigeria's Airports Are Improving Significantly - Arik by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
Says who now?
Make this people go sleep abeg!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kalu Flirts With Another Woman On The Streets Of London / Damn Imo State Has Gone Already / Politician’s Son Sleeps On 100 Million Naira Cash Bed (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.