Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Genius Android Phone From Glo - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Genius Android Phone From Glo (12096 Views)

7 Ways To Protect Your Phone From Been Hacked. / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / Codes For Tapping Calls With Your Phone From Another Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 7:00am On May 18, 2013
ayodot: shocked shocked shocked say wetin, 22k. why am i even commenting. nonsense
It is now N17,600
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 18, 2013
luluosas:
It is now N17,600
FYI..... Tecno P3 is out which improve specs beta dan dis and it cost just 12K..............
I bet u, glo will sell dis device 4 11K veri soon.......... Over hyped product!!!
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by ibietela2(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2013
luluosas:
It is now N17,600

too high.... Instead of this one for 17k i will add more to buy galaxy young running 4.1.2
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 18, 2013
glo don dey madt . even N3 beats this shiit hands down
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 5:56am On May 19, 2013
ibietela2:

too high.... Instead of this one for 17k i will add more to buy galaxy young running 4.1.2
Which one be Galaxy Young again? Is it a Samsung product? What are the specification?
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 5:58am On May 19, 2013
Godvilla: FYI..... Tecno P3 is out which improve specs beta dan dis and it cost just 12K..............
I bet u, glo will sell dis device 4 11K veri soon.......... Over hyped product!!!
The price is high no doubt. I do hope Glo will reduce it down soon.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by ibietela2(m): 7:35am On May 20, 2013
luluosas:
Which one be Galaxy Young again? Is it a Samsung product? What are the specification?

I am sure you have seen it
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 9:08am On May 20, 2013
ibietela2:

I am sure you have seen it
Yes, I saw it yesterday in another thread.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
Lols...17k if i hear.. No 3G,single core,3.0MP,etc upon all watin nokia dan drains us..who no go wise in this techno era!
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
Lols...17k if i hear.. No 3G,single core,3.0MP,etc upon all watin nokia dan drain us..who no go wise in this techno era!
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by foxxi4real: 10:58am On Jun 12, 2013
Instead of buying this, I'll buy 2 Etisalat Gaga for 7k each, one for me and one for my girlfriend, and I will still have 3k to take her to Miste Biggs(Quoting Godswill Akpbio)
Considering that Etisalat Gaga has almost the same spec, its finer and has HSDPA
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by foxxi4real: 11:00am On Jun 12, 2013
And there are also numerous custom Recoveries and ROMS for the Gaga
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Iyblaze(m): 11:30am On Jun 20, 2013
Please I'll like to hack this Glo Genius android so it can use another line in its first sim... Glo data plan for android is too damn expensive.Thanks
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
Iyblaze: Please I'll like to hack this Glo Genius android so it can use another line in its first sim... Glo data plan for android is too damn expensive.Thanks
This may be impossible as it is lock to Glo on default. You may succeed to do it though if you get the software. Thank you.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
Amaze: Now to this-

if the network selling this phone was

1. MTN. No probs. Extortion is thier hallmark.

2. Airtel. Na to dey look them. After all the network is as worthless as a filty socks, in terms of data and voice.

3. Etisalat. No gbe ge. because l assume they thot we all have Oil Wells like them.

But it wasn't introduced into the market by the above three but a full blooded Nigerian owned network introduced

''A low specd smartphone powered by an ancient version of Google mobile OS''

Glo thought we have forgotten the BB 3gb fiasco. No instead of buying that FOOLISH Android Phone Glo, l will do these-

1. Buy the more advanced Infinix Race Bolt for 25k after adding 3k.

2. Buy 2 Tecno N3. 1 for me and the other my Broda.

OR
If l need a network branded Android smart phone l will go to any of the networks as follows-

1. Buy an Etisalat Gaga phone that has proper community support out there.

2. Walk into an MTN office and get the high specd Infinix Buzz X450 with Android 4.0 for 16k and stil keep 6k for mtn BIS downloads.

3. Sluggishly walk into an Airtel owned shop and get a Tecno N3 for 13k with 9k change in ma pocket. The Tecno has a better support and after sale service here in naija.

To hell with Glo.

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2013

2. Airtel. Na to dey look them. After all the network is as worthless as a filty socks, in terms of data and voice.

3. Etisalat. No gbe ge. because l assume they thot we all have Oil Wells like them.

But it wasn't introduced into the market by the above three but a full blooded Nigerian owned network introduced

Glo thought we have forgotten the BB 3gb fiasco. No instead of buying that FOOLISH Android Phone Glo, l will do these-

OR
If l need a network branded Android smart phone l will go to any of the networks as follows-

2. Walk into an MTN office and get the high specd Infinix Buzz X450 with Android 4.0 for 16k and stil keep 6k for mtn BIS downloads.

3. Sluggishly walk into an Airtel owned shop and get a Tecno N3 for 13k with 9k change in ma pocket. The Tecno has a better support and after sale service here in naija.

To hell with Glo.

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2013

OR

To hell with Glo.

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Iyblaze(m): 11:21am On Jun 21, 2013
luluosas:
This may be impossible as it is lock to Glo on default. You may succeed to do it though if you get the software. Thank you.

Thanks, whats d name of d software?
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
Iyblaze:
I don't know of any software that can do this for now, I was just saying maybe. Thank you.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by roaringlamb01(m): 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
aze: Now to this-

OR

To hell with Glo.

I agree totally with you...
But guys what does Glo take us for? Or is d device for farmers? Ds is an insult on us, youths especially.
Hisses... 21st century? After all d money dey have made? Na who force them to make phone? Rubbish.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
roaringlamb01:

I agree totally with you...
But guys what does Glo take us for? Or is d device for farmers? Ds is an insult on us, youths especially.
Hisses... 21st century? After all d money dey have made? Na who force them to make phone? Rubbish.
They are only trying to see the reaction of Nigerians to this phone.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
Iyblaze:
By the way, what is the quality of the Glo Genius phone?
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by lukmanbolaji(m): 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
Glo! if you tink you wanna mk money nt frm diz and d master mind dat put up diz plan is an idiot do dey tink we foolish.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by emmanuelbrown26: 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
Who has purchased glo smartphone they announced on august this year
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by pr0blem: 6:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
luluosas:
Globacom Limited is currently selling one Android phone called Genius in their Gloworld shops across Nigeria.
Although the manufacturers of the phone is unknown, as Glo bluntly turned down my enquiry stating that, it is not for 'public consumption'.
According to Glo, should you buy the phone, you will be entitled to 18k/sec to all network, 2k/sec to one special number, 200MB Internet data every month for 12 months, upon the recharge of N500 done monthly.
The price of the Glo Genius phone is N22,000 available from any Gloworld shops in Nigeria. The phone's specifications according to Glo are:-
- Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread
- 1GHz Processor
- 3.5 HVGA Capacitive Display
- 512MB RAM
- 512MB ROM
- WiFi b/g/n
- WiFi Direct
- 3MP Rear Camera
- 0.3MP Front Camera
- 1400 mAh Battery
- Dual Sim
The phone specifications is not available on their website anyway but, what I posted was a tweet Glo sent me. Check it on a their website here http://www.gloworld.com/genius.asp

Nairalanders, does this Genius phone worth the price that Glo tagged it? Let's hear your views. Thank you.
no the phone doesn't worth the amount the Android os is far out dated

(1) (2) (Reply)

EaseMoni Loaned Me Money Without My Consent (See Chats) / As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? / How To Get FREE MTN 2GB Data On Infinix Hot Note Phone -mymobnet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.