Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Transocean aptitude test result - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transocean aptitude test result (39090 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Transocean Test :what To Expect? / Transocean Is Recruiting: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transocean aptitude test result by leo2008: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
okyodic:

I believe the rig will arrive dis October and dat was the reason transocean asked ivara to send out mails... maybe transocean may have another one coming in January

how sure are you and where did you get your information please
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by dancruz(m): 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Shantyken:
thanks bro

U welcome master!!
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by Shantyken(m): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
deepwater: @lippyrat, recruitment in transocean aint a one in a year thing, stop acting like if you were not sent any mail in june then that means you are out, do you know that people have been absorbed into the system between march and june likewise june and now?
Like I said i if its for you, ITS FOR YOu
can i talk to u privately.08063988673,thanks
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by deepwater(f): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2013
Shantyken: can i talk to u privately.08063988673,thanks
What happened to pm.
Why put your number here sir?
Anyone can easily call you and claim to be my handle, for the record, I never called you and would not call on this occasion.
Thanks, but no thanks

1 Like

Re: Transocean aptitude test result by kcpresh82: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2013
Please when exactly is d arrival of d new rig?
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by Shantyken(m): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
deepwater:
What happened to pm.
Why put your number here sir?
Anyone can easily call you and claim to be my handle, for the record, I never called you and would not call on this occasion.
Thanks, but no thanks
thanks for dat all d same.
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by leo2008: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
my own be say make una tell us when the rigs go arrive.....all this call me and i no go call issue no concern me, na like 5 times a day i dey always check dis thread to see any new development
by the way, can somebody recommend topics for me to read up concerning the job so that i no go disgrace myself for the interview cos i dont know much about rigs(my first degree is civil engr)
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by Shantyken(m): 10:41am On Oct 07, 2013
houx hw wil d interview look lyk
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by dancruz(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2013
Shantyken: houx hw wil d interview look lyk

Can we really say how it will look like? For me, I will say knw ur cv, learn abt roustabout duties, safety measures, get an insight into drilling, drill pipes, slings, shackles, safety pins, banksmanship etc....quite wide sha, but just learn as much as u can. Read abt transocean too.
Questions can come frm anywhere..... Goodluck
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by lippyrat: 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
A+
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by okyodic: 6:38am On Oct 15, 2013
read attached

Re: Transocean aptitude test result by oilbigboy: 9:48am On Oct 16, 2013
leo2008: my own be say make una tell us when the rigs go arrive.....all this call me and i no go call issue no concern me, na like 5 times a day i dey always check dis thread to see any new development
by the way, can somebody recommend topics for me to read up concerning the job so that i no go disgrace myself for the interview cos i dont know much about rigs(my first degree is civil engr)
@deepwater can u respond to dis question?
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by lippyrat: 9:58am On Oct 16, 2013
A+
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by leo2008: 10:31am On Oct 17, 2013
lippyrat: it is becoming clear to me that there won't be transparency in this recruitment process.

The slogan if it is for it is for you highlights that fact.

1. gate crashers got success mail.

2. 1 set of success mail was sent in june and another in october

3. i now suspect that everyone has an insider doing everything around the clock to squizzle thru.

your point number 3 is baseless because i dont have an insider and i still got the success mail,

your point number 1 is not much of a point because the only thing that differentiates us and the gate crashers is that you applied before the test date, we probably are not smarter than them, we were just lucky to have gotten the information to apply on time

your point number 2 still doenst signify any non transparency, they may have their reasons for calling by batches, probably the pple that did well were called first

Summary: am not in any way argueing or saying this recruitment step is gonna be transparent, all am saying is that you dont have facts to back that conclusion,
i wish all of us the best in getting this job cos i really need it

1 Like

Re: Transocean aptitude test result by Shantyken(m): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
leo2008:

your point number 3 is baseless because i dont have an insider and i still got the success mail,

your point number 1 is not much of a point because the only thing that differentiates us and the gate crashers is that you applied before the test date, we probably are not smarter than them, we were just lucky to have gotten the information to apply on time

your point number 2 still doenst signify any non transparency, they may have their reasons for calling by batches, probably the pple that did well were called first

Summary: am not in any way argueing or saying this recruitment step is gonna be transparent, all am saying is that you dont have facts to back that conclusion,
i wish all of us the best in getting this job cos i really need it
and if it was nt transparent y sendin succes mails cus transocean knw who to cal
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by Gassong(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
please how did u guys apply.....I love this compamy...pls someone should reply...thanks.
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by comprende: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2013
I don't know where this recruitment process is going cos it seems nobody will be hearing from Transocean again for a long while.

I heard from a guy who passed the test. He told me he heard that no rig will be getting to Nigeria before the end of this year. So, don't expect calls now, and even when they get a rig, they will just pick a few from those who passed to call for interviews.

Could guys who have insiders please confirm or refute this information please? When will new rigs be coming in?
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by deepwater(f): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2013
exam ws basd on merit, rsults wia on merit. so y d doubt abt d intrvw?
if u fil u cnt standout, go home, stop cryn hia.

1 Like

Re: Transocean aptitude test result by comprende: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
deepwater: exam ws basd on merit, rsults wia on merit. so y d doubt abt d intrvw?
if u fil u cnt standout, go home, stop cryn hia.

We wait and see. And Ill like to see you complain about the delay on this thread.
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by dancruz(m): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
comprende:

We wait and see. And Ill like to see you complain about the delay on this thread.

I really dnt tink deepwater's comment were 4 ur post as per when d interview will be, hw many wil be called per rig or wen d rigs wil be arriving.
Its more of a post concerning lippyrat's fears for lack of transparency in d recruitment process.
For me..... I think its fair to say its gonna be a transparent process. Prepare well and exercise patience as dis rigs dnt just arrive like dat, its a multi-million dollar property we r talkin abt here o......NO BE BEANS!!!, a lot of bodies, documentations, processes etc r involved.
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by mickeymon(m): 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
the process was transparent secondly that deepwater of a person may not give you a true picture of wat is on board. There was no mail sent by ivara on june. The company said that their rig will arrive early next year. And from the content of the success mail, thire will be no oral interview. because if there will be any oral interview, they will nt say that we have been put on the waiting list for the upcoming project / rig. So mr deepwater is only speculating.
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by deepwater(f): 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
Double post
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by lippyrat: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
A+
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by mickeymon(m): 2:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
@ mr deepwater like i said your speculating. I understand what roustabout is, for me it may be the lowest level bt it is a stepping stone into the drilling career. Most of us that apply for it understand the nature of job it is better still most of us are graduates & are working 2. Bt we need it so dnt spk for management because your no way near the truth about the situation on board. I dnt mean any harm dear mr deepwater.
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by Super1759: 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
Now this isn't funny anymore, @deepwaters, how can you compare transocean roustabout to bank cleaners? Do u know a roustabout earns more than most bank managers or close to that?
Guy stop this... By the way,u can't be a roustabout forever, as days go,you grow into next level, I don't wana say your hating, if your not invited,I wonder why you are following this thread. Bros biko chere biko
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by lippyrat: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
A+
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by dancruz(m): 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
No disrespect deepwater cos u already know better than dis!!, Gone are d days when roustabout was dis low in thinking, even when d cleaning is still involved. Rigs have become more sophisticated and so its d level of operational and safety trainings. Transocean has taken a very bold step in turning roustabout into a somtin of a trainee position, good trainings, packages etc. A couple of my friends who entered in less than a year are roughnecks now. The growth doesn't stall anymore. Dnt forget what a name n experience from transocean can easily get u when u add IWCF to ur cv in other firms. Its a stepping stone!!!

1 Like

Re: Transocean aptitude test result by deepwater(f): 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
double post
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by deepwater(f): 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Double post
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by lippyrat: 7:43am On Oct 23, 2013
A+
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by dancruz(m): 9:51am On Oct 23, 2013
@Deepwater....... Check ur PM......
Re: Transocean aptitude test result by deepwater(f): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2013
double post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mantledox Logistics / 13 Common Interview Questions & Their Impressive Answers / N-Power Oyo Has Been Paid... See Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.