Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:42 PM

"Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN (2123 Views)

5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian / Releasing Chibok Girls Information Will Damage Ties With Nigeria –UK / UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by maj007(m): 4:00am On Apr 03, 2013
Below is a piece by a Nigerian published in the UK GUARDIAN.

TRUE or NOT

http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/02/nigeria-jonathan-boko-haram

"There is a joke about a morgue attendant who was so used to seeing dead bodies that one day, when a supposedly dead body started twitching, his response was, "this is the morgue, not the emergency room". He promptly smothered the twitching body until it was well and truly dead. "That's more like it", he said, as he sat down to guard the cabinet full of dead bodies and to wait for new arrivals.

In many ways, the way Goodluck Jonathan has handled the affairs of Nigeria since becoming president can be likened to that of the morgue attendant. And worse still, Nigeria under his administration has grown to become a vast, sprawling mortuary where deaths and dead bodies do not seem to matter at all. In the aftermath of Jonathan's visit to Maiduguri, the trouble northern city under attack by Boko Haram, in security operatives reportedly dumped about 70 bodies at the morgue, up from the daily average of 10 or 20.

Like the morgue attendant in the story, when about two years ago, the Borno state Elders Forum met the president and asked him to order the withdrawal of troops from Maiduguri to enable them take a different approach against the jihadist group, Jonathan flatly refused. In the two years since, how many more lives have been needlessly lost in the fighting? His attitude seems to be, "I'd rather preside over dead bodies than save lives".

Accepted, Jonathan took over a country that was severely distressed. But what is the job of the president? For someone who has spent the last 14 years in power at the state and federal levels, the excuse that he is still studying the situation is one of the lamest apologies in political history. Either deliberately or inadvertently, like the morgue attendant, Jonathan's actions and inactions all seem geared towards killing Nigeria off once and for all.

Why was it that when he was eventually shamed into visiting northern Borno and Yobe states by opposition governors, his response to calls for an amnesty for Boko Haram was, "We can't grant amnesty to ghosts". Within a week of his mindless retort, another 25 Nigerians had been blown to smithereens in Kano. Since he can't grant amnesty to ghosts, perhaps, he can grant amnesty to dead bodies?

Incidentally, more and more Nigerians are beginning to suspect that the deteriorating security situation may be more than the handiwork of Boko Haram. More than ever, there are growing fears that some, if not many of the attacks attributed to Boko Haram may be the work of other "ghosts" beyond the militants, whose ultimate objective may be to divide Nigerians further along ethnic and religious lines for political advantage. The very nature and timing of some of the attacks on churches and some ethnic groups lend credence to that supposition.

Is this the same Jonathan who told us on his inauguration that, "Today, our unity is firm, and our purpose is strong, our determination unshakable. Together, we will unite our nation and improve the living standards of all our peoples whether in the north or in the south; in the east or in the west. Our decade of development has begun. The march is on. The day of transformation begins today. We will not allow anyone exploit differences in creed or tongue, to set us one against another?"

Perhaps, Nigerians should not be surprised at what Jonathan has become. From the supposedly timid state governor and vice president, we now have one of the most calculating and thick-skinned leaders, totally deaf to criticism. The only thing on his mind seems to be to retain power beyond 2015 while allegedly helping friends and cronies accumulate wealth. After all, when he was asked about politicians declaring their assets in public, he said: "The issue of public asset declaration is a matter of personal principle. That is the way I see it, and I don't give a damn about it, even if you criticise me from heaven."

Which is why the condemnations of the pardon he granted to Diepreye Alamiesegha, a former state governor who stole millions of dollars and jumped bail in the UK after disguising himself in as a woman, are likely to fall on deaf ears. It is why, even with a daily income of $224 million, Nigerians are among the poorest people on earth. It's why we have 68 million people unemployed; why Nigeria is the most corrupt nation in the world and why studies show that a child would be off being born in Somalia, Mali, Chad, South Sudan and other war-ravaged countries than in Nigeria.

Jonathan's well-paid and ill-mannered army of internet and media warriors may sing his praises to high heavens and work hard to distort any discourse about the woeful failures of their paymaster, but they cannot hide the fact that, under Jonathan, Nigeria has become a vast mortuary where death and tragedy are routine. And like the morgue attendant, the president seems intent on smothering all remaining signs of life."

Salisu Suleiman for Nigerians Talk, part of the Guardian Africa Network
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Pygru: 4:10am On Apr 03, 2013
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Feedmemore(f): 4:17am On Apr 03, 2013
So Salisu Suleiman wrote the piece for the UK Gurdian, hmmm.... That says it all.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by mej67: 4:22am On Apr 03, 2013
Boko writing
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Adurangba(f): 6:12am On Apr 03, 2013
Boko Haram sponsor
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by gunuvi(m): 6:56am On Apr 03, 2013
Boko Haram tinz..
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 03, 2013
Why was it that when he was eventually shamed into visiting northern Borno and Yobe states by opposition governors, his response to calls for an amnesty for Boko Haram was, "We can't grant amnesty to ghosts". Within a week of his mindless retort, another 25 Nigerians had been blown to smithereens in Kano. Since he can't grant amnesty to ghosts, perhaps, he can grant amnesty to dead bodies?

This paragraph, especially the last sentence gave salisu suleiman up for exactly what he is. BOKO HARAM!
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Bigcake: 7:17am On Apr 03, 2013
Salisu mumu, ur useless Ara.b father died of illiteracy i now wonder if it was Gej's govt dat killed d Vagabon.d. We r not complaining, we love him so much, he is a Darling frm d oil producing SouthSouth, we told him not to answer u people because we cnt afford to use our oil money to settle illiterate blood suckers who wanna fvck free virgins. But if dere is any groundnut money or onions money then we may have a rethink. For now pls lets enjoy d killing spree. B4 u knw it Boko Haram will finish d population of northerners and we will be happier for it SouthSouth pls are we not smart?

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Chubhie: 7:19am On Apr 03, 2013
I hold these to be self evident for an objective mind deviod of idols of tribe,party, creed and religion. Attack and refute the massage and not sule. Lemme see how the Gej propagandist will refute this one cos i see em getting called out in this article.
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by taharqa: 7:31am On Apr 03, 2013
Chubhie: I hold these to be self evident for an objective mind deviod of idols of tribe,party, creed and religion. Attack and refute the massage and not sule. Lemme see how the Gej propagandist will refute this one cos i see em getting called out in this article.
There is NOTHING to retort here, Absolute NOTHING. The writeup is just complete NONSENSE... Except any part mks sense to you; in which case, you may then point it out so we wud know and discuss it..
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by awodman: 7:53am On Apr 03, 2013
Am happy that from been CLUELESS and WEAK,they are beginning to see GEJ as CALCULATED and THICK-SKINNED.....Wowwwwwwww
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by eastOFwest(m): 8:22am On Apr 03, 2013
Some Nigerians never cease to amaze! The blame lies fairly and squarely on the shoulders of the perpetuators. These guys are going around murdering people and some choose to play politics? Amnesty? Negotiation? Rubbish!

I think Salisu's time would be better spent amongst his kinsmen, talking to them to stop their mindless and evil slaughter of innocent people.
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by 50calibre(m): 8:31am On Apr 03, 2013
Nigerians and the world finally begin to see GEJ's gross incompetence. With the way things are going, by 2015 Nigeria would have sunk deep down into troubled waters from which salvage would be near impossible.

What makes it worse is that the man doesn't even seem to realise the urgency and seriousness of the matter, he is alway talking nonsense like a drunk.

I wish he would just resign and return to the creeks where he can be valuable

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by 13volts(m): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2013
Jonathan's well-paid and ill-mannered army of internet and media warriors may sing his praises to high heavens and work hard to distort any discourse about the woeful failures of their paymaster, but they cannot hide the fact that, under Jonathan, Nigeria has become a vast ------

This is the part I loved most
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by idupaul: 8:33am On Apr 03, 2013
The writer of the article doesn't have the moral standing to criticise Jonathan ( even though we all agree that GEJ is a failure). The writer has exposed himself as a bigot who would always throwaway common reasoning on the alter of his sectarian driven ideologies ... This writer is of the school that members of the murderous Boko Haram should be paid millions of dollars monthly in a scam he call Amnesty .. I am not in support of any amnesty where desert rats from the Sahara are paid any dime from the national treasury
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by morgist(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2013
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by maj007(m): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2013
It seems to me that people will pick issues with the MESSENGER rather than x-raying the MESSAGE.
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by idupaul: 8:52am On Apr 03, 2013
morgist: https://www.nairaland.com/1244895/nigerian-president-squeezing-life-out

Can't U see this thread is titled than yours ..."Learn to title ur threads better abeg instead of campaigning to close this one
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by tomakint: 8:54am On Apr 03, 2013
Feed me more: So Salisu Suleiman wrote the piece for the UK Gurdian, hmmm.... That says it all.
You sef see am so? Aboki ma'na grin
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by tomakint: 8:55am On Apr 03, 2013
maj007: It seems to me that people will pick issues with the MESSENGER rather than x-raying the MESSAGE.
When the message is malicious, of course the character of the messenger will be scrutinized!
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by idupaul: 8:56am On Apr 03, 2013
maj007: It seems to me that people will pick issues with the MESSENGER rather than x-raying the MESSAGE.

The message here is dust as far as I am concerned .. A bias Messenger can never deliver a good message
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by taharqa: 9:02am On Apr 03, 2013
Cud you be kind enuf to point out d part of d message you want us to x-ray?? I mean, d part that made any pint of Sense to you..Thnks in advance
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Goddex: 9:14am On Apr 03, 2013
The article is written by one Salisu Suleiman
a Boko Haram sympathiser so what do you expect?
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by tomakint: 9:16am On Apr 03, 2013
taharqa: Cud you be kind enuf to point out d part of d message you want us to x-ray?? I mean, d part that made any pint of Sense to you..Thnks in advance
Bobo T, why you dey stress this man now, you know that he got no proof cheesy
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by akpomeme(m): 9:21am On Apr 03, 2013
Aboki inside has shown... if you like you bomb your zone with Russian made bombs, you will suffer, Nigeria is for Nigerians alone. Dont even know how we ended up with you guys. You guys have built such a bad brand for your region, religion and ideology. Across west Africa, Northern elements who mostly speak Hausa are the biggest problems in their countries; Aggressive and always looking for a free meal... BOKO don bomb tire, beg for Amnesty Jona refuses, now dem wan begin bomb again, who una dey do? HEHEHEHEHE... na ur selfs nah. Oya load up your trucks and stolen vehichles and bomb yourselfs away.... Usman Dan fido people, Queen Amina's people... always fighthing hehehehe...
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by maj007(m): 9:51am On Apr 03, 2013
taharqa: Cud you be kind enuf to point out d part of d message you want us to x-ray?? I mean, d part that made any pint of Sense to you..Thnks in advance

The message is simple. GEJ seems more interested and focused on coming back in 2015 than good governance.

- corruption reigns supreme under this administration. To me, he even supports it judging by the recent pardon. Without state pardon. Alams cannot contest. Contesting and winning by him will strengthen GEJ's position come 2015.

- none of the curruption cases brought up under his administration has been brought to any logical conclusion. Looters roam our country freely. Mention any concluded case for me.

- he is the commander in chief of the armed forces for God's. Using the that power will end BOKO Sh1t within days. Bt for political reasons he won't. He will rather tell us they are ghosts.
It stinks to hear that from supposedly the most powerful man in the country. He even said they are in his government. That means he knows them. Why not flush them out and end this killing.

I voted for GEJ, bt will not make the same mistake again. He is simply not ready to govern as he should.

Forget whether the writer has any ulterior motive. SOMETIMES WISDOM COMES FROM THE LEAST EXPECTED SOURCE.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Chubhie: 9:59am On Apr 03, 2013
taharqa: There is NOTHING to retort here, Absolute NOTHING. The writeup is just complete NONSENSE... Except any part mks sense to you; in which case, you may then point it out so we wud know and discuss it..
you already have a closed mind for us to make any meaningful discourse from this article. I can understand where your loyalty is.
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by gramci: 10:00am On Apr 03, 2013
Abu qaqa cheesy
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Demdem(m): 10:17am On Apr 03, 2013
Bottom line: the retardeen is currently failing.
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Kairoseki77: 10:18am On Apr 03, 2013
maj007: Jonathan's well-paid and ill-mannered army of internet and media warriors may sing his praises to high heavens and work hard to distort any discourse about the woeful failures of their paymaster, but they cannot hide the fact that, under Jonathan, Nigeria has become a vast mortuary where death and tragedy are routine.Salisu Suleiman for Nigerians Talk, part of the Guardian Africa Network

Somebody's been on Nairaland I see. grin

Edit: Sincere9gerian your in the NEWSPAPER!
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by slimghost(m): 10:35am On Apr 03, 2013
Salisu Suleiman? grin grin grin grin grin grin. MUMU ABOKI
Re: "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN by Suntzung: 10:45am On Apr 03, 2013
maj007: Below is a piece by a Nigerian published in the UK GUARDIAN.

TRUE or NOT

http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/02/nigeria-jonathan-boko-haram

"There is a joke about a morgue attendant who was so used to seeing dead bodies that one day, when a supposedly dead body started twitching, his response was, "this is the morgue, not the emergency room". He promptly smothered the twitching body until it was well and truly dead. "That's more like it", he said, as he sat down to guard the cabinet full of dead bodies and to wait for new arrivals.

In many ways, the way Goodluck Jonathan has handled the affairs of Nigeria since becoming president can be likened to that of the morgue attendant. And worse still, Nigeria under his administration has grown to become a vast, sprawling mortuary where deaths and dead bodies do not seem to matter at all. In the aftermath of Jonathan's visit to Maiduguri, the trouble northern city under attack by Boko Haram, in security operatives reportedly dumped about 70 bodies at the morgue, up from the daily average of 10 or 20.

Like the morgue attendant in the story, when about two years ago, the Borno state Elders Forum met the president and asked him to order the withdrawal of troops from Maiduguri to enable them take a different approach against the jihadist group, Jonathan flatly refused. In the two years since, how many more lives have been needlessly lost in the fighting? His attitude seems to be, "I'd rather preside over dead bodies than save lives".

Accepted, Jonathan took over a country that was severely distressed. But what is the job of the president? For someone who has spent the last 14 years in power at the state and federal levels, the excuse that he is still studying the situation is one of the lamest apologies in political history. Either deliberately or inadvertently, like the morgue attendant, Jonathan's actions and inactions all seem geared towards killing Nigeria off once and for all.

Incidentally, more and more Nigerians are beginning to suspect that the deteriorating security situation may be more than the handiwork of Boko Haram. More than ever, there are growing fears that some, if not many of the attacks attributed to Boko Haram may be the work of other "ghosts" beyond the militants, whose ultimate objective may be to divide Nigerians further along ethnic and religious lines for political advantage. The very nature and timing of some of the attacks on churches and some ethnic groups lend credence to that supposition.

Is this the same Jonathan who told us on his inauguration that, "Today, our unity is firm, and our purpose is strong, our determination unshakable. Together, we will unite our nation and improve the living standards of all our peoples whether in the north or in the south; in the east or in the west. Our decade of development has begun. The march is on. The day of transformation begins today. We will not allow anyone exploit differences in creed or tongue, to set us one against another?"

Perhaps, Nigerians should not be surprised at what Jonathan has become. From the supposedly timid state governor and vice president, we now have one of the most calculating and thick-skinned leaders, totally deaf to criticism. The only thing on his mind seems to be to retain power beyond 2015 while allegedly helping friends and cronies accumulate wealth. After all, when he was asked about politicians declaring their assets in public, he said: "The issue of public asset declaration is a matter of personal principle. That is the way I see it, and I don't give a damn about it, even if you criticise me from heaven."

Which is why the condemnations of the pardon he granted to Diepreye Alamiesegha, a former state governor who stole millions of dollars and jumped bail in the UK after disguising himself in as a woman, are likely to fall on deaf ears. It is why, even with a daily income of $224 million, Nigerians are among the poorest people on earth. It's why we have 68 million people unemployed; why Nigeria is the most corrupt nation in the world and why studies show that a child would be off being born in Somalia, Mali, Chad, South Sudan and other war-ravaged countries than in Nigeria.

Jonathan's well-paid and ill-mannered army of internet and media warriors may sing his praises to high heavens and work hard to distort any discourse about the woeful failures of their paymaster, but they cannot hide the fact that, under Jonathan, Nigeria has become a vast mortuary where death and tragedy are routine. And like the morgue attendant, the president seems intent on smothering all remaining signs of life."

Salisu Suleiman for Nigerians Talk, part of the Guardian Africa Network

SAME OKAH GROUP THAT DO OCT 2010 ACT IS USED TO BE DOING THE BOMBINGS FOR AND IN RESPECT OF BOKO NAME TO DATE ! COMMENT PLEASE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Take A Breath: An Advice For Stella Damasus / Nasir El-rufai Loses Brother & Nephew In One Day / BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.