Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

How Long Can You Use A Break Pad - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Can You Use A Break Pad (835 Views)

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / Vibration After Break Pad Change / How Long Can One Drive A Car With Expired Vehicle Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Long Can You Use A Break Pad by wisdom77: 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hello NL,
I replaced my Break pads for my ES300 2003 model for 32k in January, the guy said is brand new. i started hearing noise in the rear wheels then called the mechanic to check and he said the breaks need changing. i have just used it for like 3000 miles.
Re: How Long Can You Use A Break Pad by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
wisdom77: Hello NL,
I replaced my Break pads for my ES300 2003 model for 32k in January, the guy said is brand new. i started hearing noise in the rear wheels then called the mechanic to check and he said the breaks need changing. i have just used it for like 3000 miles.

Unless the replacement brake pads are made of rubber, they should last at least 10,000 miles at the front, and 18,000 miles at the rear. The rear pads only cope with 25% braking force, and are replaced every second front set, approximately.
Re: How Long Can You Use A Break Pad by atikubaba(m): 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
@siena bros I hv sent u several mails,bt no response,pls bros,am waiting for your reply.

(1) (Reply)

How To Repair Flood Damaged Vehicle / Zakaa Ceo Deremi Ajidahun At Aston Martin Big Five Drivers Award In Nubergring / Meet The Next U.S President's New Beast, A Giant Bomb-proof Limo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.