Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Vibration After Break Pad Change - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vibration After Break Pad Change (866 Views)

Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake / Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake / 2007 Lexus Rx350 Issues- Steering Harmonic/ Vibration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vibration After Break Pad Change by niceguy2015: 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
Please i need help as regards a recent vibration in my car , i had my ball joint replaced 2days ago , while doing that i realized my break pads have been over due for change , so i changed all of them .

Just after the break pad change my car started vibrating once it reaches 20km .

I spoke to the mechanic and he said my break disc is worn out , so this causes an imbalance between the disc and the pad .

He said the vibration occurs because of the little space between the disc and the pad , and that if i use the break within 3 days d padding should be balanced or i should get new break disc to make d disc and the pad balanced .

I'm scared because i doubt if the break pad or disc has anything to do with this vibration , please kindly let me knw wat step i can take to resolve this , as 3 days back my car was perfectly ok.
Re: Vibration After Break Pad Change by autologic: 7:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
niceguy2015:
Please i need help as regards a recent vibration in my car , i had my ball joint replaced 2days ago , while doing that i realized my break pads have been over due for change , so i changed all of them .

Just after the break pad change my car started vibrating once it reaches 20km .

I spoke to the mechanic and he said my break disc is worn out , so this causes an imbalance between the disc and the pad .

He said the vibration occurs because of the little space between the disc and the pad , and that if i use the break within 3 days d padding should be balanced or i should get new break disc to make d disc and the pad balanced .

I'm scared because i doubt if the break pad or disc has anything to do with this vibration , please kindly let me knw wat step i can take to resolve this , as 3 days back my car was perfectly ok.
Ur mechanic is right , u can resurface the disc if it is not seriously warped

1 Like

Re: Vibration After Break Pad Change by godsamist: 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
Lets follow you up ...vibration on just 20km is abnormal.
First,you changed ball joint....simple do wheel balancing at the filling station.
You mech, would have advice you in the first place.
After that any other complain/advise use my signature to mail me.
Pls note: a worn disc will only make a whistle noise on braking,did your can whisle during,braking?
nicegu2015 reach me @ aobusyhands1@gmail.com
Re: Vibration After Break Pad Change by disloman(m): 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
what type of brake pad did ur mech used?before u changed d pad,did u experience d vibration?
Re: Vibration After Break Pad Change by lonelydora: 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
I go with your mechanic. Change the disc and your problem is solved assuming you have done your alignment/balancing.
Re: Vibration After Break Pad Change by niceguy2015: 10:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
disloman:
what type of brake pad did ur mech used?before u changed d pad,did u experience d vibration?

problem started after i changed d ball joint and brake pad . same day
Re: Vibration After Break Pad Change by disloman(m): 11:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
niceguy2015:

problem started after i changed d ball joint and brake pad . same day
from ur
explanation,it is abnormal 4 u to experienced vibration at such speed.pls verify if d pad purchased was original.don't Change d disc yet.

(1) (Reply)

Top Gear Gets A New Host / See What Was Seen Moving On The Road (photos) / Please Help With Toyota Avensis 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.