Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

Should Pastors Be Collecting Money From Members Before Praying For Them?. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Pastors Be Collecting Money From Members Before Praying For Them?. (2298 Views)

Kofi Danso Gets Private Jet From Members As Birthday Gift (photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Pastors Be Collecting Money From Members Before Praying For Them?. by smartg(m): 2:19am On Apr 04, 2013
This is what is going on now in most of our new generation churches today. A lady went to a particular church for prayer and Counselling. She was invited by a friend of hers, who had earlier testified on how she received healing in the same church. When she got to the church, there was an announcement that anybody that want to see the pastor should wait after the service, so she waited along with some other members, after the service they were calling those that want to see the pastor one after the other, so when it was her turn, she was called into the counselling room, immediately she met the pastor she explained her problems to the pastor but guess what, the pastor told her that she have to bring 20000naira before the church will commence any prayer on her Behalf. But this is a woman that is down with illness and does not have anything doing at the moment. So i wonder why somebody that call himself a 'man of God' will be demanding money from his members before praying for their healings, whos power does healing come from is it the 'prophet power' or the 'Power of God'
Re: Should Pastors Be Collecting Money From Members Before Praying For Them?. by Nobody: 2:52am On Apr 04, 2013
Gospelpeddlars grin
Re: Should Pastors Be Collecting Money From Members Before Praying For Them?. by okpurukata(f): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
My driver related the story of a church be was invited to some where in Port Harcourt. In the course of prayers, the pastor prophesied a lot of good things for him in particular. (I presume this is because he is a new member). He was subsequently as led to wait after service. The pastor then told him he is to pay N20,000.00 or else those prophesies will not come to fulfillment in his life. The boy was shocked. He told the pastor he does not have the money and was told to go and borrow. He refused and left. They kept calling him and threatening him to come nd pay his debt to God. That he must pay that debt. Imagine this level of intimidation.

These pastor prenuers will not kill us.
Re: Should Pastors Be Collecting Money From Members Before Praying For Them?. by smartg(m): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
okpurukata: My driver related the story of a church be was invited to some where in Port Harcourt. In the course of prayers, the pastor prophesied a lot of good things for him in particular. (I presume this is because he is a new member). He was subsequently as led to wait after service. The pastor then told him he is to pay N20,000.00 or else those prophesies will not come to fulfillment in his life. The boy was shocked. He told the pastor he does not have the money and was told to go and borrow. He refused and left. They kept calling him and threatening him to come nd pay his debt to God. That he must pay that debt. Imagine this level of intimidation.

These pastor prenuers will not kill us.
honestly ur driver is not telling a lie. I use to doubt this kind of story before, but not until when i heard it directly from the mouth of the victim.
Re: Should Pastors Be Collecting Money From Members Before Praying For Them?. by smartg(m): 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
Segeggs: Gospelpeddlars grin
i guess so, too.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Satisfy My Curiosity About Tithing.....(for Fervent Christians) / Is Their A Spiritual Connection With Dada Children And Their Hair / The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.