Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

GTB Is A Fraudulent Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Is A Fraudulent Bank (704 Views)

How GTB Is Making Life Unbearable For Me / First Bank Is A Fraudulent Bank.. / Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GTB Is A Fraudulent Bank by madejibo: 9:16am On Apr 04, 2013
Sometimes in March 2012, I got a call on my phone, the caller said she was Modupe from Loan recovery Unit, GT bank, Allen Avenue Branch. I was initially startled. I asked what the problem was and she said I am owing the bank 221,000 naira as at February 2012. I was so surprised because I have never taken a loan from the bank. Luckily I was around Allen Avenue at the time and I drove straight to the branch and met the said Modupe woman who turned out to be my account officer (a woman who I have met before in that same branch and I can categorically say she is the most unfriendly banker have ever met, a trait in all GTB staff). 
We chatted and she told me I took a loan from the bank in 2007, a loan of 49,000 naira. I initially laughed because it was funny to me. 1st, since 2007 no one from the bank has called me on this invisible "loan". Secondly I have never taken a loan before from GTB or any other financial institution in Nigeria. As a former banker myself I know loans are not taken in proxy. I told her that  to please investigate further that there is a mix up somewhere. She gave me a look like "onigbese" go and pay your money.
I went and I kept on using my savings account, depositing and withdrawing as usual, even my domiciliary account I used it normally.
Let me say something here, from 2007 till 2010 I stopped using GTB, I stopped using it because of their poor services, another reason is because I was working in another bank so all my transactions were routed through the bank I worked for easy monitoring. But when I left my bank I reactivated my accounts with Gtb and I kept on using both my savings and domiciliary any time there is need for it. GTB debited my account twice for one MasterCard, a card I never requested for and I went to complain to this same Modupe in 2010 (my first meeting with her) she just told me to close the account and gave me a don't disturb me look. Note also because of this MasterCard issue I wrote their head office I got calls of apology and no one told me of my proxy loans.
Back to the main story, I kept on calling Modupe how far with her investigation and she kept on telling me "I will get back to you". Then Saturday, May 26th I tried using my ATM card to withdraw and money didnt come out, I thought it was a card problem so I left it till Monday. When I got to the bank I was about to request for a new card in the same Allen Avenue branch and the babe said I can't that I have to see Modupe. I proceeded to see her and she explained that in May 2007 the teller in Ikoyi branch mistakenly posted into my account the sum of 102,000 naira instead of 10,200 naira and I withdrew via ATM the sum of 60,000 before they could find out the mistake. Let me state categorically here I can't even remember paying any money into my account that period. 
I was furious, a colleague of Modupe told me to shut up and go and pay the money that I was a thief. A fat tall guy in Allen Avenue, I was so annoyed and proceeded to the head office and it took the help of security men to calm me down. While in the head office I met Osemota, a lawyer in their legal department and I wrote a complaint letter, this was may, 28th 2012. 
A week later I also proceeded to the internal control unit of the bank in Adeniyi Jones, I met Mr Yakubu and I wrote that I need proofs of those transactions in 2007. Till date all the tell me I should go and pay my proxy debt. 
I have written series of letters to the bank since then, I met with my new account officer Stella, in February 2013 and in her words she said "oga go and pay your gbese nothing I can do, we can't give u proofs". I also met Shola, the new man at Adeniyi Jones, he took over from Yakubu, and he too can't give proofs.
It is also worthy to note that between 2007 and May 2012 I never got debit interest alerts on my phone nor my email, but since May 2012 I have been getting debit interests alerts. A lot of things too have transpired between us but I can't put all into writing now, as we talk GT bank has refused to give me my money they sat on in my savings and domiciliary accounts till I pay off my proxy loan.
What a bank, What a country!
Re: GTB Is A Fraudulent Bank by johnshagb(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2013
what a story
Re: GTB Is A Fraudulent Bank by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 04, 2013
john_shagb: what a story

If they can't give you proof, then something fishy is going on. I really can't take sides until I hear the testimony of GTB.

(1) (Reply)

Free Advert Posting Website Online, Nigeria - Demandfinder.com / I Need Bold2 White / Gnld New Fertilizer For Crop Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.