Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Urgent Advise Needed Please Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent Advise Needed Please Please (1510 Views)

He Needs Your Urgent Advise In His Marriage / Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! / Urgent Genuine Advise Needed! She Is Pregnant For Her Younger Sister's Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by rubi96(f): 10:58am On Apr 04, 2013
I have this cousin who has lived with my family almost all his life(had his primary, secondary and currently university living with us). He used to be the son of my mum's younger brother ( teenage pregnancy). The question of paternity became a problem in 2009 when he was to travel out to school in the UK. A test was conducted through mouth swab and it was found that he was not my uncle's son and all hell broke loose to the extent that my mum and her younger brother are not in talking terms. Traditionally, my mum's uncles and elder brother handed the boy back to his mother's family although my mum was not happy about that. After that no one bother about the boy's welfare including education not that they were contributing any thing towards the boy's development before including the father( until he wanted to take him abroad to study). Fastforward to 2012... the issue of change of name, formerly the boy bears Adewale Chinedum Maxwell( not real names)and Adewale being the surname. He decided to bear Chinedum Maxwell without including his mum's family name but my mum's brothers including the "father" were against it, eventually they gave in. He went to school to submit a copy of affidavit ( he is in final year in the university) only for the VC to say he can't change his name. My uncles said it was a lie so my eldest uncle went with him only to be told the same thing by the VC himself. Yesterday, the boy in question recieved a letter from a lawyer telling him that all his documents bearing the surname he's been bearing all his life are invalid and a copy of the letter will be sent to the embasssy, immigration and so on and he will be charged for impersonation, convicted and jailed.Before this the 'father' will always call him only to abuse and threaten him. My question is
1. was it the boy's fault that he was born?
2. what kind of lawyer will write that kind of affidavit?
3. why are they hell bent on destroying this boy.
4. is there anywhere at least a government agency he can go for help concerning this issue,please i need to know because 5. Can a lawyer really make ones certificate previous certificate invalid based on what is happening now?
6. Who is he impersonating considering that he has been the only one in the family bearing the name? example; Adewale Chinedu Maxwell.
7 At the bolded is it wrong to do that?
Now my mum is at crossroads, her siblings are against her to the extent her closest and younger sister are using this opportunity to insult her (verbal insults)at every family meeting concerning this issue, while her maternal instinct can't let go of this boy without making sure he is okay. I am not happy? Candid advise please. Thanks.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
This an end result of anger, the guy should ve at least waited until he graduates from school also leaving family matter out of school, u know this white folks are always looking for a means to rebrand other nationals. Anyways the deed has been done, the guy should revaluate the information provided earlier and latter,what are his reasons for change of names, am sure they suspected some discrepancies, lastly let him watch his back someone could be somewhere providing a contradicting information to the school.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by tpia5: 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
Avoiding Erroneous Test Results

DNA paternity testing laboratories know that if they only test DNA to the minimum required level, a number of paternity test results every year will identify someone as the biological father when he is not (a “false inclusion”) or say that he is not the biological father when he actually is (a “false exclusion”).

False Exclusions

DNA Paternity tests can falsely exclude someone who is truly the child’s biological father for a variety of reasons.

One major reason is simple human error.

For example, it is possible at the time of the DNA specimen collection for the collector to accidentally place the child’s DNA specimen in the mother’s DNA specimen envelope and the mother’s DNA specimen in the DNA child’s envelope. This type of sample switch causes the DNA paternity testing laboratory to compare the alleged father’s DNA to the mother’s DNA, instead of to the child’s DNA. This has caused paternity testing laboratories to issue a paternity report that excludes the alleged father even though he is the biological father, because the samples were switched. Paternity Testing Corporation puts a simple check in place which requires that for every test that appears to be an exclusion, we compare the alleged father’s DNA to the mother’s DNA, and if they match at all DNA locations, then we look into it further and correct any sample switch before we complete the DNA paternity test.

Another type of human error that has caused erroneous test results is the situation where the alleged father sent in an imposter (someone pretending to be the alleged father to provide a DNA sample).

http://www.ptclabs.com/avoiderrors
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by tpia5: 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
alse exclusions can also result from an inadequate amount of DNA testing. One way this occurs is by assuming that the DNA tested man is not the father just because his DNA fails to match the child’s DNA at two DNA locations. Quite often the child’s DNA mutates, so that the child's DNA and father's DNA do not match at one or a few DNA locations, even though the man really is the child’s biological father. Occasionally there can be two DNA locations where the child and biological father do not match, and extremely rarely the biological father can fail to match the child at three locations. The AABB’s minimum testing requirement is that the laboratory has to find at least two locations where they do not match, in order to issue a report excluding the alleged father. The theory is that mutations are pretty rare, so if there are two DNA locations that don’t match, then probably they are not mutations.

But DNA paternity testing laboratories realize that sometimes the two non-matching locations will both be mutations, and the man will actually be the biological father. Paternity Testing Corporation tracks these events. In our experience, over half the time that the tested man and child fail to match at only two locations out of fifteen, additional testing proves that the man is actually the biological father.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by tpia5: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
Where did the lawyer come from? Who went and retained one and what is his business with all the old documents? Sounds more like a hater pretending to be a lawyer, bottom line is they are just trying to scare and intimidate the young man. No reason why all his old documents should suddenly become invalid. Whose payroll is the VC on? Hopefully he can find a pro bono lawyer to take on his case and fight the VC
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by baby124: 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
Story teller. Incomplete and highly atrocious story telling skills. This person didnt do a lot of research and no thought in compiling the story. OP cant even arrange his thoughts well enough to deliver a compelling story. angry

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
baby_123: Story teller. Incomplete and highly atrocious story telling skills. This person didnt do a lot of research and no thought in compiling the story. OP cant even arrange his thoughts well enough to deliver a compelling story. angry

My first thought as well. Doesn't sound real. Why should a VC say no to a legal document? Why even go to the VC directly for such? Do women who marry in school have to visit the VC to change their name too?

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by baby124: 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
ileobatojo:

My first thought as well. Doesn't sound real. Why should a VC say no to a legal document? Why even go to the VC directly for such? Do women who marry in school have to visit the VC to change their name too?

LMAO! Change of name is done with the government, and then the notice presented to the school. The school will never ask or refuse when the government has approved. OP also said the guy was denied visa for traveling. Then skipped thoughts and said the guy entered school. Then skipped thoughts again that an immigration lawyer out of the blue sent the guy a vacation notice. When did the guy travel abroad if he was refused visa and found not to be her uncles son? Why is the VC involved in each student's lives? When there are so many offices in school who take care of administrative and student level issues. Are head of schools abroad even called VC? Why will an immigration lawyer send a letter and not immigration themselves? OP has a very active imagination, but is highly unexposed and unintelligent. grin. The way the person skips thoughts, forgets dates, is a bit disturbing. Coupled with the apparent joblessness that is obvious in this post, other issues can be suspected as well. Maybe spiritual

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by rubi96(f): 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
he is not so close to the mother because the "father" has always warned him not to go the maternal home but once in a while he goes to visit without the father knowing. the mum is still maintaining that my uncle is the father
chaircover: Please where is this boys mother in all of this. What is she doing while her sons life is coming crashing down all due to her fault.

I dont get it though . .why is the boy changing his name to a different name from his mothers family? Has the mother suddenly found out who the real father is? and if so why arent the boys real biological family taking care of all this?
He was adviced by the eldest man in his maternal home not to because any one who bears that name does not progress, it well known and anyone who does dies.
BTW was that paternity test checked again just in case?
no the "father" is based in the UK
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by rubi96(f): 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
ileobatojo: Where did the lawyer come from? Who went and retained one and what is his business with all the old documents? Sounds more like a hater pretending to be a lawyer, bottom line is they are just trying to scare and intimidate the young man. No reason why all his old documents should suddenly become invalid. Whose payroll is the VC on? Hopefully he can find a pro bono lawyer to take on his case and fight the VC
the lawyers were contacted by my uncles
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by rubi96(f): 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
baby_123: Story teller. Incomplete and highly atrocious story telling skills. This person didnt do a lot of research and no thought in compiling the story. OP cant even arrange his thoughts well enough to deliver a compelling story. angry
well you can say what you want until it happens to you.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by rubi96(f): 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
according to the VC the guy should graduate first before changing name
ileobatojo:

Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by rubi96(f): 4:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
baby_123:

LMAO! Change of name is done with the government, and then the notice presented to the school. The school will never ask or refuse when the government has approved. OP also said the guy was denied visa for traveling. Then skipped thoughts and said the guy entered school. Then skipped thoughts again that an immigration lawyer out of the blue sent the guy a vacation notice. When did the guy travel abroad if he was refused visa and found not to be her uncles son? Why is the VC involved in each student's lives? When there are so many offices in school who take care of administrative and student level issues. Are head of schools abroad even called VC? Why will an immigration lawyer send a letter and not immigration themselves? OP has a very active imagination, but is highly unexposed and unintelligent. grin. The way the person skips thoughts, forgets dates, is a bit disturbing. Coupled with the apparent joblessness that is obvious in this post, other issues can be suspected as well. Maybe spiritual
He never travelled, after been refused visa, he continued his education here in Nigeria
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by baby124: 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
rubi96: He never travelled, after been refused visa, he continued his education here in Nigeria

Go through your story and rewrite it. It doesnt make any sense at all. We are not in your family, we dont know what is going on. So if you are going to tell a story, you will tell the whole story. Without leaving details or skipping parts.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2013

My baby is out in April bursting balls oyioyio!! cheesy
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by baby124: 6:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
jidegirl12:

My baby is out in April bursting balls oyioyio!! cheesy

LMAO!!! Abi, who is ready to run around helping a jobless person who is here for fun. cheesy. It is best to identify the fakers first, so you dont waste your time.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
Please be lenient with d poster she may likely be d one going through this trauma she is obviousely tensed.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by rubi96(f): 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
Pls if u dn't have any meaningful words to say, u can leave the thread. Thank u
baby_123:

LMAO!!! Abi, who is ready to run around helping a jobless person who is here for fun. cheesy. It is best to identify the fakers first, so you dont waste your time.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by baby124: 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
rubi96: Pls if u dn't have any meaningful words to say, u can leave the thread. Thank u

No one can make sense out of your nonsense up there. Learn some writing and comprehension skills. Besides, I will leave the thread when I want. grin.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by andyanders: 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
chaircover: Please where is this boys mother in all of this. What is she doing while her sons life is coming crashing down all due to her fault.

I dont get it though . .why is the boy changing his name to a different name from his mothers family? Has the mother suddenly found out who the real father is? and if so why arent the boys real biological family taking care of all this?

BTW was that paternity test checked again just in case?

I am not a man so wont try and reason like one, but if you have looked after a boy from birth and after all these years discover that he isnt yours, wouldn't the love you have for that boy want to protect that boy? do you just chase him out and discard like a used rag? even though it wasnt the boys fault? I totally understand that tempers are frayed and people are very angry, but doesn't the love they have for that boy count for anything. What id he was adopted? wouldn't they care for him?

Well said.I wonder why this boy should be treated this way as this could lead the boy to committing suicide
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by tpia5: 2:33am On Apr 05, 2013
I have this cousin who has lived with my family almost all his life(had his primary, secondary and currently university living with us). He used to be the son of my mum's younger brother ( teenage pregnancy). The question of paternity came in when he was to travel out to school in the UK. Test was conducted through mouth swab and it was found that he was not my uncle's son and all hell broke loose to the extent that my mum and her younger are not in talking terms.Traditional, my mum's uncles and elder brother handed the boy back to his mother's family.

so its that easy to just dump someone you raised all his life? Knowing he knows no other family besides yours?

this is just cruel.

After that no one bother about the boy's welfare including education

smh. undecided

but if somehow, it's God's plan for him to make it in the future [against all odds], everyone will struggle to be related to him undecided

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by tpia5: 2:42am On Apr 05, 2013
besides, in this age of baby farms, some kids will even be surprised to discover they might not be related to either their father or their mother. undecided
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by Ivynwa(f): 4:32am On Apr 05, 2013
@Rubi
DNA test just like many imperfect technologies and machines can be liable to errors. How about if there was an error in that particular test, that means that this boy is being subjected to all these tortures over an error? I have heard some HIV patients say that they ran tests severally to be sure that the first test is true much more a test as important as DNA that should be solidly confirmed. The way people cling on these DNA test is amazing really. They went about some things the wrong way like the name change thing that should have been done with the authority responsible for that before approaching the school.

I can't even imagine how a human being will feel hearing "He's not your father", "He's your father". They may need to chill down a bit with the effort to get him to travel abroad so that he can get over the scandalous news first instead of having him encounter more dramas trying to change names etc. It's nice of you to truly feel for him Ruby, just ensure that he is around people that have some warmth and love for him before the whole issue have him breaking down. A young person that is unable to handle the shame and indignity of this kind of scandal may depress and harm himself.

The lawyer is only acting on the information and misinformation of the whole "He use to be his father and DNA said that he isn't" and the name change perhaps. They made things seem like he was misinforming the embassy and impersonating another. You guys may have some tough explanations to do there before they can understand what really happened if they will even want to understand with the way they look down on the name of our country in some embassies. Whew! the boy needs to rest a bit from all that bachannals coming in one swoop.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by rubi96(f): 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
tpia@:

so its that easy to just dump someone you raised all his life? Knowing he knows no other family besides yours?

this is just cruel
that is what my mum have been trying to make her siblings understand instead they turned against her. My dad being the good man that he is, still pay fee and the boy is still in my house. My uncles don't seem to like that.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by i1: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
Fraud is defined as obtaining by false pretenses!
The boy's mother's family are fraudulent even if she claims honest mistake? Who will refund the money spent?
Sometimes Families should seat up! It is for your Dad to call his inlaws to order! Or was it your Uncles that paid his fees and fed him?
The boy should get an uncle from his mother's side to swear to the change of name aπϑ file it with his school!
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by rubi96(f): 10:33am On Apr 10, 2013
i.:
Fraud is defined as obtaining by false pretenses!
The boy's mother's family are fraudulent even if she claims honest mistake? Who will refund the money spent?
Sometimes Families should seat up! It is for your Dad to call his inlaws to order! Or was it your Uncles that paid his fees and fed him?
The boy should get an uncle from his mother's side to swear to the change of name aπϑ file it with his school!
They have refused to listen to my dad so my he has washed his hands off the matter but he still caters for the boy.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed Please Please by rubi96(f): 11:02am On Apr 10, 2013
uch90: This an end result of anger, the guy should ve at least waited until he graduates from school also leaving family matter out of school, u know t[b]his white folks are always looking for a means to rebrand other nationals[/b]. Anyways the deed has been done, the guy should revaluate the information provided earlier and latter,what are his reasons for change of names, am sure they suspected some discrepancies, lastly let him watch his back someone could be somewhere providing a contradicting information to the school.
@the boldedhe didn't travel because he was denied visa so he schooled here in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Am Tired Jare, Getting Depressed / Closed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.