Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? (1117 Views)

Auto Spare Key Key And Remote / Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors. / Re Programming Of A Spare Key For Toyota Sienna 2005 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? by chipass(m): 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2008
My spare key (ordered from the manufacturer) wont start my car. the owner's manual says I have to code it. Where can I do this in Lagos and how much does it cost? Please guys help me out. I hate driving a car with just one key. anything ca happen you know.
Re: Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? by sultaan(m): 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2008
What type of car is it?
You should have ordered from a dealer with your VIN and should have come ready to go
Re: Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? by fotodaddy: 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2008
There are two things here.

1. A spare key (like the one you have) with a new code. You will need to take your car to these modern garages where the new key's code will be programmed into the car's ECU. Depending on the car, this can be quite complex and must not be tried by inexperienced persons. I have a friend who does it for VW, Audis, Skoda BMWs etc. Cost is anything from 5k to 50k to 80k

2. A copy of the key you have. Your working key is copied (outline and code) so it works with your car without any problem. I actually did this for my car. Set me back about 30K with what is called an electronic key. Theres a company on Olowu who represent SILCA (manfacturers for locks etc) They can do this for you. They are called CHILEX (If I remember correctly) and are located around the Mr Biggs (but on the opposite side of the road from them). Cost for this is about 30K

All the best
Re: Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? by chipass(m): 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ fotodaddy,

Thanks a mil for your detailed response. Pls give me your friend's contact details or phone number. The car is a 2001 VW passat.
Re: Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? by sultaan(m): 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2008
Call a friend in the US they can try walk to a dealership with your VIN(it will be very helpful to have proof of ownership) and they'll make one/two for you.

Read this
http://reviews.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Volkswagen-keyless-entry-flip-key-remote-users-guide_W0QQugidZ10000000003961176

Is this what you want?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-1999-2000-2001-99-VW-VOLKSWAGEN-PASSAT-KEY-REMOTE_W0QQitemZ160225542446QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160225542446
Re: Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? by fotodaddy: 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2008
Send me an email, and I'll give you the details. oekanu@yahoo.com

@ sultaan
No this is not what he wants although helpfull for remote fob re-programming. What he wants is to get the immobilizer to recognize the new key code.
Re: Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? by viperman: 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2008
Fotodaddy,

drop number of the makers, i could do with more contacts. smiley
Re: Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? by fotodaddy: 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2008
@viperman
Sorry I dont understand what you want me to do.
Re: Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? by viperman: 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2008
Kindly give me the numbers of the people who make those extra keys.
Re: Help! - Where Can I Code My Spare Key In Lagos? by chipass(m): 8:10am On Apr 04, 2008
@ photodaddy,

I just sent you an email. Once again thanks.

(1) (Reply)

U Just Need To C Dis. / Vw Passat 2003 / Is The Ncs Wrong Or Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.